Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash (2864 Views)

Jonathan Was Never Committed To Defeating Boko Haram – Osinbajo / Chibok Girls: Red Cross Not Involved In Negotiation With Boko Haram – Osinbajo / How Jonathan Caused Spread Of Boko Haram- Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by cyberdurable(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2015
From Fred Itua, Abuja

VICE President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and Catholic
Bishop of Kafachan, Kaduna State, Rev. Joseph
Bagobiri, yesterday subtly clashed over a perceived
condemnation of Boko Haram activities by President
Muhammadu Buhari.
Bogobiri insisted condemnations would have helped
in stemming the tide of Boko Haram activities during
the administration of former president Goodluck
Jonathan, Osinbajo warned Christian leaders to be
mindful of their utterances.
Speaking on the topic, “ Making Nigeria function as a
family: Panacea to healthy national integration ”
during independence anniversary interdenominational
church service, Bagobiri said former military
president, General Ibrahim Babangida and Muslim
leaders in the country only opted to condemn
activities of Boko Haram when serious damage had
already been done.
In his counter remarks, Osinbajo said: “Muslim and
Christian leaders must know something; It is our duty
not to pursue wrong narratives. For Christians, it is
our duty to ensure that we do not create further
divisions by our words. Jesus Christ did not come to
establish religion. Men did that.
“We must recognise that the first order for the church
is unity. That also applies for our nation. Our nation
is divided and it has been so for long. It is divided
along religious and tribal line. The moment we are
divided, nothing works. We must speak about the
unity of our country as we speak about the unity of the
church.
“The North East is where I have traveled to. I have
seen the dead, wounded and the sick. These victims
are in their hundreds and they were Muslims and
Christians. Poverty was one thing that united them.
Our major problem in Nigeria is that we play politics
with everything. When a bomb goes off in Borno, it
does not ask if you are a Christian or a Muslim.”
Meanwhile, the President of the Christian Association
of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor was
conspicuously absent at the well-attended
anniversary church service. No explanation was given
for his absence by other executive members of CAN,
who participated during the church service.

Source: www.sunnewsonline.com/new/boko-haram-osinbajo-catholic-bishop-clash-2/
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2015
"what is osinbajo"? Quote me anywhere.
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by ishiamu(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"what is osinbajo"? Quote me anywhere.

A commissioner. Don't quote me anywhere

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2015
Where is the clash? Simple explanation

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by iamboody(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2015
Seen
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Bobbystanley(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Like President, like Vice President.

This duo would go down in History as Nigeria's worst mistake.

Even APC supporters knows Buhari isnt getting things right.

If we voice it out, they would call us Wailing Wailer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by tolustx(m): 6:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Clash?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Jadonaldson(m): 6:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Ok Morning Every one....

You shall count a lot of blessings dis week IJN
Amen

1 & only Jadon
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by nnachukz(m): 7:10am On Sep 28, 2015
Now they talk about unity but they championed division by utterances and activities when they were the opposition party. What your party sow is what they will reap Mr VP. The bishop fears no one and said the truth which PMB is also guilty of.

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by tunwumi: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2015
Clash?
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by luche90(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
MUMU. The Catholic bishop of Kafanchan said, and I quote" There is an invisible government in this country. And this invisible government was responsible for the activities of the sect. The sect is being guided and teleguided by well placed people in our society who had the means to sponsor them for their wicked and selfish parochial needs". The catholic Bishop was clearly alluding to the fact that the present government was behind and benefited from the actions of the sect. While your idiotic VP was busy placing the blame for the wanton attacks of the sect af the doors of religious leaders who he claimed where brazenly giving the sect the leeway to esvape, due to their divisionary comments. He was talking about the carnage of the bombs being no respecter of persons. It is no secret that the Catholic community was altruistically behind the last administration, because of the bigotry tendencies of the present President. MUMU!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 28, 2015
Good morning Catholics

Next time seek the HolySpirit view before pulling out of CAN. cheesy
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by kingdompropty: 7:17am On Sep 28, 2015
For want of a better word, disagreed would have been better.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 28, 2015
Bokoharam = PDP + Norther Elites
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by modath(f): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:

What would you call El Noclue & Samboribobo who came into office & met Naira trading at 118 to a Dollar & left it at 220 ?

Disaster I believe...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by drss(m): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Fake pastor mere commissioner, d zoogerian vice president/house boy delivering sermon. Smh
osunbade is a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by bonechamberlain(m): 7:52am On Sep 28, 2015
the only thing I picked from osinbanjo's speech was Jesus Christ didn't come to create religion, men did. others were rubbish.

everybody is now talking about unity when apc almost brought this country down because of the selfish quest for power, if not for gej's wisdom and unparalleled gentleness, I don't think there would have been any meeting of that kind.

yes the bishop was right, the condemnation started when the activities of boko haram became worse, even their condemnation was not a serious one.

osinbanjo should be careful, before politics and politicians dent his image.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by hinwazaka: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2015
luche90:

MUMU. The Catholic bishop of Kafanchan said, and I quote" There is an invisible government in this country. And this invisible government was responsible for the activities of the sect. The sect is being guided and teleguided by well placed people in our society who had the means to sponsor them for their wicked and selfish parochial needs". The catholic Bishop was clearly alluding to the fact that the present government was behind and benefited from the actions of the sect. While your idiotic VP was busy placing the blame for the wanton attacks of the sect af the doors of religious leaders who he claimed where brazenly giving the sect the leeway to esvape, due to their divisionary comments. He was talking about the carnage of the bombs being no respecter of persons. It is no secret that the Catholic community was altruistically behind the last administration, because of the bigotry tendencies of the present President. MUMU!
THOUGH I WOULDN'T REALLY CALL WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY A DISAGREEMENT, I WOULD SAY THAT THERE WAS A SORT OF SUBLIMINAL BANTER OF IDEAS AND TRADE OF BLAME BETWEEN THE VP AND BISHOP BOOGARI. I WAS SHOCKED AND MYSTIFIED AT THE HYPOCRITICAL AND MEDIOCRE COMMENTS BY OSINBAJO. HOW CAN YOU TALK ABOUT PEOPLE PLAYING WITH THE DESTRUCTION OF THE BOMB ATTACKS BY THE SECT, WHEN THE PARTY ON WHOSE PLATFORM YOU USED TO GAIN ACCESS INTO ASOROCK, WAS A BIG BENEFICIARY AND INSTIGATOR OF THE MEDIA ATTACKS ON THE PAST ADMINISTRATION, DUE TO THEIR INABILITY TO CURB THE NEFARIOUS AND DESTRUCTIVE ACTIVITIES OF THE SECT. EVEN THE WIFE OF THE PRESIDENT AND THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF MADE ILLUSORY AND DIVISIONARY COMMENTS AGAINST THE PAST ADMINISTRATION. MR OSINBANJO YOU CAN NOT EAT YAM AND PALM OIL AND THEN LATER, AFTER WASHING YOUR MOUTH AND HANDS, TURN AROUND AND ACCUSE OTHERS WHO JUST STARTED EATING, OF HAVING THEIR HANDS SOAKED WITH PALM OIL. STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Segadem(m): 7:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
I wonder oh, I will advice the op or the person in charge of this article when next he wants to write he should have pocket dictionary to check the meaning of every word he doesn't understand.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by drss(m): 7:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:
zoogerians will soon beg GEJ for forgiveness.
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Segadem(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Did u read the post at all?
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Bobbystanley(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Segadem:
Did u read the post at all?
I don't need to read it before I realise that Buhari and Osibande are slowpokes
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by 5starmilitant: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2015
That mere commissioner is a disgrace. There can Neva be one Nigeria.......
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2015
ishiamu:

prepuce. i like prepuce.

dont quote anywhere.
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:13am On Sep 28, 2015
ishiamu:

No, a "mere commissioner"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by gunuvi(m): 8:37am On Sep 28, 2015
Osibanjo is just a mere puppet of the northern elite. An erand boy and a shoe cleaner to Hell Rufai. Is he denying the fact that the bishop spoke an open truth which everyone already knows.
When was the last time oby ezekwesilly and her northern master partner said anything again about the chibok girls? They has all been commended for inciting people against the former president by offering them judicious appointments.
Nigeria will be great.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by orisa37: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2015
Poor Roman Catholic Priest. This one is running his mouth trying to learn Politics and Law by the side. It is not that easy Bishop!!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Clash?
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by kennyman2000(m): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2015
Hmmm..
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by Jeel: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Osinbanjo ko. We go see naa
Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by vislabraye(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2015
This present administration benefitted a lot from the insurgency . They heaped blame on Gej and PDP over Bh. They blamed him for not visiting the Chibok girls. This recent bomb blast, did Buhari go to visit the victims ?
If Buhari and co had actively condemned Bh, we probably wouldn't have been where we are today. They played politics at the expense of Nigerians. Where is Mbaka and Bakare ? They've been silent of this issue. What the Bishop said is true. But all the same we should still support the military in their fights.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash by chrismastre5(m): 10:42am On Sep 28, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
contraditry statements is the clash

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience In Aba Today / Opinion For 2019 And What Yoruba Ought To Do / Look At Senator Godswill Akpabio’s Twitter Page Tittle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.