Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries (8915 Views)

Jonathan Presents Handover Notes To Buhari (pictures) / Cambridge Assessment Board Respond On Buhari Result...#change / Hausa Language Offered In WASC 1961 Cambridge Assessment Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
did gej publish his own,why must it be only,gej should better tell us where he got that fake phd without thesis,show us his classmate,student,etc.buhari has show us everything.

GEJ has submitted his certificates to INEC but buhari said his own is with the Army. undecided undecided
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by cuteboy2: 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
agabusta:

[size=20pt]Those (credits in Maths and English) are part of the criteria for joining the army[/size]. Someone will write a recommendation for you. He was not employed to the army solely on the strength of this recommendation for your information.

Thank you for confirming that English and Mathematics were "part of the criteria".

But were those criteria mutually exclusive?? The obvious answer is NO!!!

The basic requirement was credit in English and Mathematics + 3 other subjects, IN ADDITION TO recommendation from a public officer, in this case his school Principal.

You are very correct to state that Buhari cannot join the army exclusively with a letter from his school Principal. He needed to obtain those 5 credits as well. There is no way his Principal would have been so specific in mentioning this requirement if it was not required.

[size=18pt]"I CONSIDER THAT MOHAMED BUHARI WILL PASS WEST AFRICAN SCHOOL CERTIFICATE WITH CREDITS IN ENGLISH, MATHS, AND THREE OTHER SUBJECTS"[/size] - Principal Provincial Secondary School, Katsina
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by nellyjohn: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
Caseless:
When obama faced the issue of birth certificate, he won the election. Buhari is facing certificate issues, he shall come out clean and eventually win the election...by God's grace.
Don't compare buhari to Obama. What stops Buhari from applying for over how many days now? That is to say he did not seat for the exam. Am even ashamed to see u write God. U are a christian yet u are supporting a man thet plans to turn Nigeria into a Muslim country. Shame on u

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by mickeymimi: 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
May God save Nigeria from ENEMIES WITHIN

Buhari has requested his school to provide a copy of his statement of result, whoever is not satisfied with that can go to court just like one lawyer just did yesterday.

what section of the constituion demanded for WASC certificate?

assumption is no fact to score points.

A concerned citizen , an Abuja-based lawyer, Mr. Chike Okafor is already in court, just watch and see as the drama unfolds. .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/certificate-controversy-abuja-lawyer-drags-buhari-court/

At least, it will be to their advantage, if Buhari is disqualified.

Remember that
- The Highest Authority on this Certificate issue had spoken, and in favour of Buhari. I think the army should also be joined in this suit.

- OBJ confirmed that, the military had Buhari certificates. ..“The issue (of Buhari’s certificate) came up in 2007, and we investigated and found out that his WASEC is with the military and that was why he was allowed to contest in 2007. And don't forget, that Obj was working for PDP and Yar adua to get elected in 2007. He was then, looking ways and means to disqualify Buhari.

-On jan 4th, the Military said they had the certificate. What happened between then and now? The army officer Brigadier-Gen Olajide Olaleye, still owes the public one more explanation on this matter. He must explain to the public from where did the army get the copy with which they used to record 5 credit passes and a fail in Mathematics? Common sense

- don't forget that in the 60s, there was nothing like photocopier. The military took the originals.

- Perhaps later, Buhari made copies for himself. Someone removed the certificates from the records. That is the fact.

- But lets wait and see as the north are already prepared to counter it.

- let bear in minds that we are talking of events that took place 53 years ago, not a recent event.

let the Court decide. It is wrong to start convicting Buhari without waiting for the court to pronounce him guilty.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by nellyjohn: 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
What stops Buhari from applying? That u went to school with identified school mates does not mean he wrote the exam. He knows what's keeping him from applying
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by TheOtherview: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
cuteboy2:

[s]Thank you for confirming that English and Mathematics were "part of the criteria".[/s]

[s]But were those criteria mutually exclusive?? The obvious answer is NO!!!
[/s]
[s]The basic requirement was credit in English and Mathematics + 3 other subjects, IN ADDITION TO recommendation from a public officer, in this case his school Principal.[/s]

Wrong on all counts!

Whether you like it or not, back then, the basic educational requirement for admission to the Officer Corps was a West African School Certificate or equivalent. Now here is the clincher; maths was not a pre-requisite for the West African School Certificate (WASC) in the early '60s.

2. To pass the School Certificate, candidates had to pass examinations in a variety of groups. It was compulsory to pass English Language, but not Maths, in order to gain the Certificate.
Source:http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/

See image attached for further details on entry qualifications. Source: The Nigerian Military: A Sociological Analysis of Authority and Revolt 1960-67 (African Studies), Robin Luckham

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by agabusta: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
cuteboy2:

Thank you for confirming that English and Mathematics were "part of the criteria".

But were those criteria mutually exclusive?? The obvious answer is NO!!!

The basic requirement was credit in English and Mathematics + 3 other subjects, IN ADDITION TO recommendation from a public officer, in this case his school Principal.

You are very correct to state that Buhari cannot join the army exclusively with a letter from his school Principal. He needed to obtain those 5 credits as well. There is no way his Principal would have been so specific in mentioning this requirement if it was not required.

[size=18pt]"I CONSIDER THAT MOHAMED BUHARI WILL PASS WEST AFRICAN SCHOOL CERTIFICATE WITH CREDITS IN ENGLISH, MATHS, AND THREE OTHER SUBJECTS"[/size] - Principal Provincial Secondary School, Katsina

You are a fraud. Why are you editing my statement and putting another one in its stead. No wonder the PDP is so afraid of Buhari. Majority of you guys are thieves and frauds and will definitely end up in jail when GMB takes over.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
jmaine:

Invariably you are campaigning for a tyrannical General disguising as a Democrat to deceive the masses.

This is democracy, we have a right to stampede him to do the needful, any resistance shows the yelling of "CHANGE" from the APC crew is a very fraudulent one. Simply because the main actor isn't any different from his notorious history.

Why didn't u join in stampeding Jonathan to publicly declare his updated assets like he earlier did with Yaradua despite public calls that he should Which was the needful though the law never required it to be done publicly?
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by jmaine: 2:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
deemdeem:

Why didn't u join in stampeding Jonathan to publicly declare his updated assets like he earlier did with Yaradua despite public calls that he should?

While you all stampeded him, Jmaine didn't infringe on your rights to do that. So I advise you to stand down as concerned Nigerians demand [size=14pt]Buharetard[/size] does the needful.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by cuteboy2: 2:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
agabusta:

You are a fraud. Why are you editing my statement and putting another one in its stead. No wonder the PDP is so afraid of Buhari. Majority of you guys are thieves and frauds and will definitely end up in jail when GMB takes over.

Cool down man.

What criteria were you referring to if I quoted you wrongly? Simply trying to clarify the "criteria" you have in mind. Such norms in writing are perfectly permissible provided they are enclosed in parenthesis.

Very difficult to pin down Buhari's supporters in a debate without provoking anger, abuse and threats of jail and invariably, death.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
jmaine:

While you all stampeded him, Jmaine didn't infringe on your rights to do that. So I advise you to stand down as concerned Nigerians demand [size=14pt]Buharetard[/size] does the needful.

Excellent. So since Jonathan refused to do the needful, buhari also isn't bound to do so.
Many of the so called concerned Nigerians supported the drunkard for not publicly declaring his updated assets, these are the shameless hypocrites I will like sane Nigerians to take note except u of cos. grin
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by jmaine: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
deemdeem:

Excellent. So since Jonathan refused to do the needful, buhari also isn't bound to do so.
Many of the so called concerned Nigerians supported the drunkard for not publicly declaring his updated assets, these are the shameless hypocrites I will like sane Nigerians to take note except u of cos. grin

Contrary to your joy, Buharetard has responded in accordance to our request which left more vacuum than answers. Since he has been riding on the false toga of Mr integrity, he either satisfies those yearning demands or forever shed his confident posture of being incorruptible , with a high degree of integrity . . .

Buharetard failure to do the needful will render his ultimate selling point null and void . . . . .
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by atlwireles: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
Another Oluwole thread. Only fraudsters like Buhari will keep defending their Oluwole candidate. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
atlwireles:
Another Oluwole thread. Only fraudsters like Buhari will keep defending their Oluwole candidate. grin grin grin grin grin

. . . . . . . . . . .and only dullards like Goodluck will keep promoting their "stealing is not corruption" candidate.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by cuteboy2: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
TheOtherview:

Wrong on all counts!

Whether you like it or not, back then, the basic educational requirement for admission to the Officer Corps was a West African School Certificate or equivalent. Now here is the clincher; maths was not a pre-requisite for the West African School Certificate (WASC) in the early '60s.

Source:http://www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/news/statement-in-response-to-nigerian-presidential-election-enquiries/

See image attached for further details on entry qualifications. Source: The Nigerian Military: A Sociological Analysis of Authority and Revolt 1960-67 (African Studies), Robin Luckham

Thought you are going to quote Nigerian Army official records and not some published paper from only God knows where.

Whether you like it or not, back then, the basic educational requirement for admission to the Officer Corps was a West African School Certificate or equivalent. Now here is the clincher;

False. The Nigerian Army has not altered their WASC or GCE O'Level requirement for admission into the Officer Corp. If you have the evidence post it here.

If what you are saying is true, why would his School Principal hold only young Mohamed Buhari to a higher standard of 5 credits including English and Maths? It does not sound logical.

Similarly, would the army have commissioned him if Buhari only managed 5 ordinary passes with no credits whatsoever.

maths was not a pre-requisite for the West African School Certificate (WASC) in the early '60s

Yes. Not a requirement to obtain WASC certificate. But a definite requirement to be commissioned as an Officer.

2. To pass the School Certificate, candidates had to pass examinations in a variety of groups. It was compulsory to pass English Language, but not Maths, in order to gain the Certificate.

This was a requirement to be on the WASC pass list and be issued a WASC certificate by University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES). It was not a criteria to be admitted into the Officer Corp. UCLES does not set the criteria for commission of Nigerian Army officers.

Please let us not try to pull wool over people's eyes.
A simple authenticate certificate from UCLES will lay all to rest. Buhari has been asked to request for it in the same way he requested his former school to make it available

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by TheOtherview: 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
cuteboy2:

Thought you are going to quote Nigerian Army official records and not some published paper from only God knows where.

False. The Nigerian Army has not altered their WASC or GCE O'Level requirement for admission into the Officer Corp. If you have the evidence post it here.

More vacuous nonsense!
If you have been reading me from day one, you would know that I quote credible sources only. This is something I do for fun grin
Furthermore, even before Cambridge released a press statement, I provided weighty evidence which indicated that Hausa was offered as an exam subject here on these boards.

While you still have a leg to stand on, understand that you and those ill-equipped charge-and-bail lawyers - who are currently engaged in a macabre dance of utter foolishness - are on a hiding to none. Quote me on that grin grin grin

Now just to be clear (since you obviously don't know this) - the book I quoted from, offers one of the most definitive accounts of Nigeria's military history. Ask those who should know, ok?

See my personal copy below...

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by binie: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
berem:
Omo see gbagaun!

*falls from chair*

Hope you didn't hurt yourself. Are you okay or should I ring the ambulance?
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
The british already admitted that uneducated Northerners were their puppets, so I'm not surprised to see them using their institution to try and impose a certificateless man on us again.

Even if Mohamed Buhari passed a WASC in 1961, it doesn't matter because Mohamed Buhari is not running for presidency of Nigeria. I want to see the WASC certificate of Muhammadu Buhari.

grin

bros you just proved that you are still talking about this issue just for fun, not because it is a serious issue.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by atlwireles: 4:10pm On Jan 27, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . . .and only dullards like Goodluck will keep promoting their "stealing is not corruption" candidate.

Shamless Oluwole fraudster. See, how corruption walking on two legs, calls someone a dullard grin grin grin Shame no dey catch una?
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Jesusloveyou: 4:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

GEJ has submitted his certificates to INEC but buhari said his own is with the Army. undecided undecided
did inec tell u,they are looking for buhari certificate.and d phd certificate gej submit to inec were bought,because no thesis to prove his autheticity.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by cuteboy2: 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
TheOtherview:

More vacuous nonsense!
If you have been reading me from day one, you would know that I quote credible sources only. This is something I do for fun grin
Furthermore, even before Cambridge released a press statement, I provided weighty evidence which indicated that Hausa was offered as an exam subject here on these boards.

While you still have a leg to stand on, understand that you and those ill-equipped charge-and-bail lawyers - who are currently engaged in a macabre dance of utter foolishness - are on a hiding to none. Quote me on that grin grin grin

Now just to be clear (since you obviously don't know this) - the book I quoted from, offers one of the most definitive accounts of Nigeria's military history. Ask those who should know, ok?

See my personal copy below...

Typical of Buhari supporters. A little challenge brings out bile, insult and abuse.
This discussion is not about me or what I do for a living. It is about Buhari and his WASC certificate. Stay on the subject.

In any case, if it helps you, I am not a lawyer. I don't think you need to insult lawyers to make your point.
Lawyers are respectable people. The profession is noble. You don't have to disrespect them.

Nobody doubts that you are quoting a book. However, did the book elaborate on the level of passes, or the subjects for that matter?

It is like saying "you need to obtain a bachelors degree before you can proceed for a Masters degree". This is a true statement. But are there no specific requirements on the level of pass at the Bachelors level?

If you obtained BSc or BA with a Pass grade (a grade below 3rd Class), you cannot be admitted into a Masters degree programme anywhere in the world. Please correct me if I you believe otherwise.

All that long essay, yet you have not addressed the basic questions:

1. What pass levels should be obtained at WASC for commission into Nigerian Army? 5 ordinary passes or 5 credits (including English & Maths)?

2. What should be the source of #1? A book, or the Nigerian Army?

3. Who should be the final authority to authentic WASC result? The school or the examination body?

4. Are the requirements to be issued a WASC certificate with a "pass" appellation and those for commission into the Nigerian Army Officer Corp, one and the same?

Just like you, I want to find out the truth.
Do apply your prodigious research effort and energy to help us out.

*** THE WORLD IS WAITING AND WATCHING *** cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
atlwireles:

Shamless Oluwole fraudster. See, how corruption walking on two legs, calls someone a dullard grin grin grin Shame no dey catch una?

corruption?? . . . . . . . . . . . . . .this is corruption re-defined;

[size=16pt]. . . . . . . . .“How much did Jim Nwobodo stole? Money not up to the price of a Peugeot and Buhari regime send him to jail. Is that good enough?” . . . . . . .
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by atlwireles: 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
torkaka:

[b]corruption?? . . . . . . . . . . . . . .this is corruption re-defined;

That's why your Oluwole general is sinking faster than the titanic. He remains the most corrupt fraudster to ever enter the Nigerian army.

Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
atlwireles:

That's why your Oluwole general is sinking faster than the titanic. He remains the most corrupt fraudster to ever enter the Nigerian army.

. . . . . . . . . . .on the contrary, the General seems to have gained more from the PDP cooked conspiracy, he has gained more in popularity . . . . . . . . . . . .the only forged thing in the whole brouhaha is femi kayode's email forgery (the sodiq alabi) episode.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by TheOtherview: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
cuteboy2:

Typical of Buhari supporters. A little challenge brings out bile, insult and abuse.[/b]

I have been through a number of your posts on these boards and all see is one attempt after the other, to retrofit opinions that are derived from emotion and conjecture rather than sound logic. In case you didn't know, you cannot re-write history. You may be justifiable aggrieved about some events that happened, but you cannot recalibrate the past.

Don't let me stop you and your co-travellers from your favourite pastime though - reworking jaded arguments ad infinitum.
It clearly provides some measure of pleasure to y'all, so go for it cheesy
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by atlwireles: 4:51pm On Jan 27, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . . .on the contrary, the General seems to have gained more from the PDP cooked conspiracy, he has gained more in popularity . . . . . . . . . . . .the only forged thing in the whole brouhaha is femi kayode's email forgery (the sodiq alabi) episode.

Your Oluwole general built on a bunch of misinformation, strange fantasies and outright lies has been the dismantled thorough documentation.

APC fraudsters deny inconvenient facts, make up lurid tales to justify their beliefs, and outright lie, if it suits their agenda. But these lies and myths rarely just sit in amber. Like some thinking Buhari is gaining popularity grin grin, yep for being an Oluwole fraudster. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
atlwireles:

Your Oluwole general built on a bunch of misinformation, strange fantasies and outright lies has been the dismantled thorough documentation.

APC fraudsters deny inconvenient facts, make up lurid tales to justify their beliefs, and outright lie, if it suits their agenda. But these lies and myths rarely just sit in amber. Like some thinking Buhari is gaining popularity grin grin, yep for being an Oluwole fraudster. grin grin grin grin grin

. . . . . . . . . . . . .don't worry, fani kayode and co will soon do out of court settlement, like was earlier done by reuben abati . . . . . . . . . . .instead on using propaganda to sway public opinion, I advise you to tell your boss to focus on rigging . . . . . . .that's his only way out
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by atlwireles: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . . . . .don't worry, fani kayode and co will soon do out of court settlement, like was earlier done by reuben abati . . . . . . . . . . .instead on using propaganda to sway public opinion, I advise you to tell your boss to focus on rigging . . . . . . .that's his only way out

Yours, are words only Oluwole fraudsters use in public.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by igbeke: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
omenka:
PDP's plots blowing right in their faces from time immemorial.

Thank God I scarcely paid attention to the trash.
You scarcely what?
Even the devil trembles at the height of your lies.
Anyway, where is the said Certificate now? Same old stories?
Chai.
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Wuuworld(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2015
torkaka:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .my guy, you are not qualified to doubt anybody's certificate. . . . . . . . . . . .your bombs too much. . . . . . . grin grin
..I guess I have achieved my aim of commenting with error.....u wouldn't have notice the comment if not for the error....I play smart not hard....this is just the easiest way to gain popularity
Re: Breaking!! Cambridge Assessment Add Notes To Earlier Statement On Nig Enquiries by Wuuworld(m): 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
berem:
Omo see gbagaun!

*falls from chair*
..I guess I have achieved my aim of commenting with error.....u
wouldn't have notice the comment if not for the error....I play
smart not hard....this is just the easiest way to gain popularity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Still Negotiating For Chibok Girls, Sharibu, Others’ Release – Presidency / NLC Chairman is either ignorant of relevant laws or playing politics - Abia Govt / BREAKING: 75-year-old Former External Affairs Minister, Gambari, Reject Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.