Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term (1735 Views)

Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun / Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term (part 2). / IBB Mocks Goodluck For Not Condemning Fayose's Tasteless Punch Ad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by dominoastley: 11:48am On Jan 27, 2015
Below are the facts;
1. President Jonathan is the First Nigerian President to make sure there is a Federal University in each states of the federation. He established 9 new federal Universities to make sure the 36 states of the Nation have a federal university.

2. Since assuming office in May 29, 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan's economic team has been implementing far-reaching reforms and policies conceived in the economic blue print which seek, among other things, to revive the country's infrastructure, diversify the economy from oil and create a vibrant economy.

3. In April 6, 2014 Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa, after rebase of its GDP. The President also commented on that saying, "Our Gross Domestic Product was rebased to give an accurate picture of were we are as a nation. I am glad to report to you that Nigeria is officially the largest economy in Africa with a Gross Domestic Product of $510 billion which also places us as the 26th largest economy in the world; while this calls for celebration, I personally cannot celebrate until all Nigerians can feel the positive impact of our growth.

4. The Ministry of Transport has produced a 25 years strategic vision for Nigeria Railways and is rehabilitating several railway corridors including the Lagos-Ibadan- Ilorin-jebba-Minna-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano with branch line from Zaria-Kaura Namoda; the Lagos-Abuja high speed (896 km); the Zaria-kaura Namoda-Sokoto-Illela (640 km); East-West line from Benin-Agbor-Asaba-Onitsha-Owerri-Aba with a spur line to Onitsha-Nnewi (323 km) and coastal line Benin-Sapele-Warri-Yenogoa-PortHarcourt-Uyo-Calabar.

5. The President had on several occasions reiterated the commitment of his administration to make Nigeria a better place and a global economic power, using the 2012-2015 Medium Term Fiscal Framework (MTFF and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) as the linchin.
Federal University, Lafia, ,Nasarawa State- North Central, was established under the administration of President Jonathan.

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by elisjini: 12:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
These are benefits from President GEJ transformation agenda.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by icequeen1991(f): 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
That is so true,i trust goodlucks administration till 2019.GEJ all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by elisjini: 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nigerians now eat rice grown in Nigeria. It is a matter of honour that more and more of the rice eaten in Nigeria now originates from Nigeria. Major restaurants and hotel chains report to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture that they cannot meet the demand for locally grown rice, a report that corroborates our expectations that Nigeria will become self-sufficient in rice production in no distant time, should we maintain the on-going momentum of our Agricultural Transformation Agenda. I am proud of what the Nigerian farmer has achieved and the sky is the limit if we stay the course. My dear friends, by God's grace, we will stay the course. GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by icequeen1991(f): 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
elisjini:
These are benefits from President GEJ transformation agenda.
goodluck did well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by uniquefidel1991: 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
I've always been pro GEJ ,,,,he makes all the difference and deserves the cooperation of every sane Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by fresh15: 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
It is light that dispels darkness.Enumerating all the achievements of Jonathan's administration will take so many pages.Sincerely speaking,President Goodluck Jonathan has done well.Let us re-elect him to do more.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by confidenceikeh: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
This is great,GEJ Nigerians love you and our votes are for you.. Carry on sir#GEJFORNIGERIA#
dominoastley:
Below are the facts;
1. President Jonathan is the First Nigerian President to make sure there is a Federal University in each states of the federation. He established 9 new federal Universities to make sure the 36 states of the Nation have a federal university.

2. Since assuming office in May 29, 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan's economic team has been implementing far-reaching reforms and policies conceived in the economic blue print which seek, among other things, to revive the country's infrastructure, diversify the economy from oil and create a vibrant economy.

3. In April 6, 2014 Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa, after rebase of its GDP. The President also commented on that saying, "Our Gross Domestic Product was rebased to give an accurate picture of were we are as a nation. I am glad to report to you that Nigeria is officially the largest economy in Africa with a Gross Domestic Product of $510 billion which also places us as the 26th largest economy in the world; while this calls for celebration, I personally cannot celebrate until all Nigerians can feel the positive impact of our growth.

4. The Ministry of Transport has produced a 25 years strategic vision for Nigeria Railways and is rehabilitating several railway corridors including the Lagos-Ibadan- Ilorin-jebba-Minna-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano with branch line from Zaria-Kaura Namoda; the Lagos-Abuja high speed (896 km); the Zaria-kaura Namoda-Sokoto-Illela (640 km); East-West line from Benin-Agbor-Asaba-Onitsha-Owerri-Aba with a spur line to Onitsha-Nnewi (323 km) and coastal line Benin-Sapele-Warri-Yenogoa-PortHarcourt-Uyo-Calabar.

5. The President had on several occasions reiterated the commitment of his administration to make Nigeria a better place and a global economic power, using the 2012-2015 Medium Term Fiscal Framework (MTFF and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) as the linchin.
Federal University, Lafia, ,Nasarawa State- North Central, was established under the administration of President Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by chiomashine: 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ has actually done a lot in a short while than the other leaders who have occupied that position for like eternity. He is worth and shall have another chance to take this great nation to a greater height. Hail GEJ!!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by confidenceikeh: 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
Indeed he over did well.. #GEJWENIGERIANSLOVEYOU#
icequeen1991:
goodluck did well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by organic973: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
Also on Boko Haram.

I recall GEJ calling them for negotiation but they refused and people are saying he didn't do anything to stop them.

We know that there aim is to give GEJ a bad record on administration but they have failed.

GEJ till 2019.......................

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by confidenceikeh: 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
Another 4yrs in GEJ hands will really do us good#GEJALLDWAY#
elisjini:
Nigerians now eat rice grown in Nigeria. It is a matter of honour that more and more of the rice eaten in Nigeria now originates from Nigeria. Major restaurants and hotel chains report to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture that they cannot meet the demand for locally grown rice, a report that corroborates our expectations that Nigeria will become self-sufficient in rice production in no distant time, should we maintain the on-going momentum of our Agricultural Transformation Agenda. I am proud of what the Nigerian farmer has achieved and the sky is the limit if we stay the course. My dear friends, by God's grace, we will stay the course. GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by ngoziiwenofu1: 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
This is my Presidents achievements. Ride on sir. God has blessed you for us.
Carry go PDP
GEJ is the best
We love you

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by organic973: 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
Think of the whole nine years of General Yakubu Gowon, the seven months of General Murtala Muhammed, the four years of Shehu Shagari. The almost two years of Buhari, the eight years of General Ibrahim Babangida, the five years of General Sani Abacha, the one year of Abdulsalami Abubakar and the two years of Umaru Yar’Adua. For almost 40 years of the 54 that we have had flag independence, the North has ruled the nation, but what did their leadership do for Nigeria? Why is the Northern elite now hell-bent on taking back power at the top? How long have they been out of it that they now want it back? What did they do with it for their people when they had it?

GEJ has worked more than all the past northern leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by confidenceikeh: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
I trust this GEJ he is a goal achiever, despite all the distractions he is still achieving his achievable.#GEJISAGOALACHIVER#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by ngoziiwenofu1: 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
it's GEJ or Never!
we have more than one million reasons to vote for you.
PDP is the right party
Come one, come all.
GEJ till.............. rapture

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by ngoziiwenofu1: 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Failure GMB
people please take a cursory look at this
analysis.
* I have never seen any school built in his name. *
I have never seen any borehole constructed by
him. * There is no record of any scholarship
awarded by him or for him nor through him.
* I have never seen him use his popularity to
canvass for any charitable work nor any
humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the
polio scourge where other purposeful and
prominent leaders lead the campaign for
immunization.
* No single text book has been donated to any
school either by him, for him or through him.
* Asides from doing nothing, he has not
improved himself since his exit from office.
* No book written, no memoirs, no lectures,
nothing.
* The only thing of note he can point to are his
numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
* He never champion for a university in his state
nor has he ever been involved in any kind of
programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in
Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any
meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he
can change Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again?
* No wonder he was referred to as being
''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to
any organization, group or association.
* No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited
him for their lecture, convention or gala night. *
The only time any known form, body or human
assemblage ever chose him to do anything for
them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect
nominated him as their spoke person in the
proposed talks with the Fed. Govt.
Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge
will end if he is elected''?
The choice is yours......

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by omenka(m): 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
Mscheeew. Musings of a typical tanoid.

How is rebasing the GDP, a mere statistical exercise, an achievement?

How is making a one million years masterplan an achievement??

How is "reiterating his commitment to make Nigeria better" an achievement??

Where are the so called universities built and where are the students these so called unis have produced??

What is the rational behind building some mushroom structures and christen them universities an achievement when one could easily upgrade those on ground to some reasonable standard since they already have all the accreditation they need with a healthy number of quality academic staff??

What is the achievement in lying to the world that there is now a rail system in use from makurdi to PH when I was on ground in the state during his visit and took pictures of the so called rail with not a single train coach in sight?? A friend even told me the bridge across which the old rail line passes in Otukpo, the senate president's LG, is completely damaged!! Will the trains levitate when they get to that point

Soooooo much lies and deceit with absolutely nothing to show for the years spent so far.

Come feBuhari 14th, Nigerians would express their love for their General by giving Jonathan the boots!

Ps: I keep asking this question: would the people of Niger Delta even vote a Goodluck Jonathan to be their president in an event a country is carved out of that region?? If the dude isn't good enough for them, why should he be good enough for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by fathermikky: 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ is the best president ever Nigeria hard that rule and we want to re-elect him again,now Nigeria is not importing rice again and now Nigeria is the largest economy in the Africa and many more under the administration of president Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by ngoziiwenofu1: 1:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
GEJ we love you You are the Man of the moment. Mr. president. so shall you be known with till you finish your work.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by confidenceikeh: 1:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Don't mind them,they r forming born to rule when they have nothing to offer
#UDONTGIVEWHATUDONTHAVE#GEJTILLINFINX#
organic973:
Think of the whole nine years of General Yakubu Gowon, the seven months of General Murtala Muhammed, the four years of Shehu Shagari. The almost two years of Buhari, the eight years of General Ibrahim Babangida, the five years of General Sani Abacha, the one year of Abdulsalami Abubakar and the two years of Umaru Yar’Adua. For almost 40 years of the 54 that we have had flag independence, the North has ruled the nation, but what did their leadership do for Nigeria? Why is the Northern elite now hell-bent on taking back power at the top? How long have they been out of it that they now want it back? What did they do with it for their people when they had it?

GEJ has worked more than all the past northern leaders.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
omenka:

Where are the so called universities built and where are the students these so called unis have produced??

What is the rational behind building some mushroom structures and christen them universities an achievement when one could easily upgrade those on ground to some reasonable standard since they already have all the accreditation they need with a healthy number of quality academic staff??

What is the achievement in lying to the world that there is now a rail system in use from makurdi to PH when I was on ground in the state during his visit and took pictures of the so called rail with not a single train coach in sight?? A friend even told me the bridge across which the old rail line passes in Otukpo, the senate president's LG, is completely damaged!! Will the trains levitate when they get to that point

Soooooo much lies and deceit with absolutely nothing to show for the years spent so far.

Come feBuhari 14th, Nigerians would express their love for their General by giving Jonathan the boots!

Ps: I keep asking this question: would the people of Niger Delta even vote a Goodluck Jonathan to be their president in an event a country is carved out of that region?? If the dude isn't good enough for them, why should he be good enough for Nigeria

All the posters above you registered on Nairaland yesterday! *Think* cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
God bless President GEJ

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by dealslip(f): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
If you are not from the north, please leave there before Febuary 14, 2015. If Buhari should mistakenly lose whether by rigging or free and fair election, you will be the first casualty, whether you voted Buhari or not. The corpers that died in 2011 are enough examples. If you are not a Niger Deltan, leave that place before February 14. They have been promising hell if Jonathan doesn't return. Nigerians be wise. Do not waste your life on politicians, because not one of them will lose their lives in the coming election. The soldiers and police Meant to secure your lives are attached to each of them in dozens. Jonathan nor Buhari is a magician. Corruption can only be wiped out by you. If you work in the civil services don't help to manipulate figures or systems or taxes and report to work early. Don't give police and FRSC bribes for circumventing the laws. Don't steal from your office till, do not cheat your fellow man. Do not demand money or contracts from politician in exchange for votes. Reject gifts from them. The cumulation of this vices is what is called corruption. Nigeria wil change if we change because APC is PDP and PDP is APC, there is no change in that.
Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by omenka(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

All the posters above you registered on Nairaland yesterday! *Think* cheesy
It's a LIE!!! shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

That could mean that the op is just talking to himself!! Isn't that madness??
Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by confidenceikeh: 1:30pm On Jan 27, 2015
Come FAILBUHARI,GEJ will win u. Try and see
omenka:

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by omenka(m): 1:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
confidenceikeh:
Come FAILBUHARI,GEJ will win u. Try and see
Shame on you. You created over a dozen monikers, created a thread, and engaged yourself in a convo. You need a psychiatrist hommie.
Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by nellyjohn: 1:40pm On Jan 27, 2015
Under his tenure, have an international airport here in Enugu, the cost of goods did not go up at all last xmas. He is really the best so far. Carry go my able president
Long live GEJ
Long live PDP
Long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by fresh15: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
The land mark achievements of Jonathan's administration are unparalleled and unequalled in the history of Nigeria.It is a drive that all well meaning Nigerians should encourage for the betterment of all.In Jonathan we trust.
Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by fathermikky: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
I have no scruples with Buhari and his kith and kin that want criminal Sharia, but they cannot impose it on therest of the nation above our Constitution. I will not vote for my own death! I will not vote for my people’s death! I will not vote to take Nigeria through the darkness that I know a Buhari presidency represents!
Jonathan will be re-elected again
Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by nellyjohn: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
omenka:

Believe it or not, GEJ has really done a good work. I think u are one of these uneducated idiots like buhari and dats why u seem to be so blind not to see what GEJ has done.
GEJ all the way till 2019
Re: Why Nigerians Trust President Goodluck For 2nd Term by fathermikky: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
I have no scruples with Buhari and his kith and kin that want criminal Sharia, but they cannot impose it on therest of the nation above our Constitution. I will not vote for my own death! I will not vote for my people’s death! I will not vote to take Nigeria through the darkness that I know a Buhari presidency represents!vote wisely Jonathan 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected / We Have Demystified The Oil Industry – Alison-madueke / Senators, Reps, INEC Chiefs Join Plot Against Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.