Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Suicide Bombing In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suicide Bombing In Nigeria (2610 Views)

Boko Haram: Shettima Insists On Amnesty As Church Escapes Bombing In Jos / Female Suicide Bombing: Catholic Sisters' Attires Stolen / Aftermath Of Catholic Church Bombing In Malali, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Muza(m): 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2008
therma gaya musu! grin
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by IGWEUSA(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

A Homeless child in the north is just as helpless as a homeless child in the south. Lives are taken for granted for in the north as well as in the south. A head taken off by a juju worshipper in the south is same as a head taken off by a rampaging jihadist in the north. Please Let us stop offering up twisted truths, the bitter truth is the north and south, both in the same deteriorating conditions and this has nothing to do with racism in America but the fact that we as a people have yet to show ourselves better in anyway. This is a nation filled with finger pointers and less with problem solvers. The bitter truth is no single tribe or people are clean and so calling a spade a spade but continuing to inject bias is not going to work. Not for us or the future generation.

[/quote

@ kobojunkie

Neither of the d ethnic groups are saints, but the continued massacre of innocent people in the northern part of the country gat to stop. it is far more than just slashing one head for juju, lol

If they cant stop this kind of violence, why not divide naija into the diffrent ethnic region. This will definitely solve the problem.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2008
I agree with you. The massacre has to stop. Unfortunately, the division that exists continues to hamper progress. Here is what I see wrong in that country. The division is the reason for the killings. These people see a country divided and continue to take advantage of that division. These riots would not exist if Nigerians were not so divided and busy pointing accusing fingers. Dividing the country WILL NOT, I REPEAT WILL NOT Alleviate not solve the problem.

If you officially divided the south from the north today( two completely different countries), what makes you think these hooligans will stop the killings? I mean can we at least sit and think these things through before we go around spewing the ideas as the ultimate solution for all. What stops the idiot from taking an axe to the head of the next ibo or Yoruba man he meets on the streets in Kano? Dividing the country will do that? Only if you are going to follow that with a BAN on movement of Southerners to the Northern country. Even then, there are bound to be those who will break the law and likely fall victim to northern jihadists.

So the division is what has brought us this far. More division is not the solution.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I agree with you. The massacre has to stop. Unfortunately, the division that exists continues to hamper progress. Here is what I see wrong in that country. The division is the reason for the killings. These people see a country divided and continue to take advantage of that division. These riots would not exist if Nigerians were not so divided and busy pointing accusing fingers. Dividing the country WILL NOT, I REPEAT WILL NOT Alleviate not solve the problem.

If you officially divided the south from the north today( two completely different countries), what makes you think these hooligans will stop the killings? I mean can we at least sit and think these things through before we go around spewing the ideas as the ultimate solution for all. What stops the idiot from taking an axe to the head of the next ibo or Yoruba man he meets on the streets in Kano? Dividing the country will do that? Only if you are going to follow that with a BAN on movement of Southerners to the Northern country. Even then, there are bound to be those who will break the law and likely fall victim to northern jihadists.

So the division is what has brought us this far. More division is not the solution.

Im happy you're getting my point nw ! To be fair to the northerners,most of the killings started out initially as simple protests,but they get hijacked .

However,becos in Nigeria rather than confronting the issues & calling a spade a spade + much neeed reorientation,the northern gvts try to cover up these issues until it repeats itself again.

I visited a major city in the North I had served many years ago & i wanted to cry ! VERY LITTLE DEVELOPMENT ! All the companies had packed & run away,becos u cld not be guaranteed your life after Jumat every Friday.

Remember these were centres of Govt/trade for W/Africa for many centuries .

So what I expect from the Northern N'landers like Muza,Auwal etc is to profer solutions & not deny the facts !! Or get unnecessarily emotional.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 28, 2008
Living in Nigeria sef is suicide to one's sanity. What's the diff? undecided
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:07am On Dec 28, 2008
Jairzinho:

I'm happy you're getting my point nw ! To be fair to the northerners,most of the killings started out initially as simple protests,but they get hijacked . [/QUOTE]
Again, the problem in Nigeria is NOT due to the north or your feelings about the northerners. Neither did the problems start with the recent riots in the north. Please read my words and understand where I am coming from here.

[quote author=Jairzinho link=topic=211751.msg3275338#msg3275338 date=1230402405]
However,because in Nigeria rather than confronting the issues & calling a spade a spade + much neeed reorientation,the northern gvts try to cover up these issues until it repeats itself again.
Same thing the southern governments do. What has the southern politicians done so far so as to ensure there is no repeat of such massacres? What has the southern governments done to ensure that the killings in the south are curbed and those caught are dealt with? What? Please stop with this tribal rambling already. It is starting to get on my nerves.

Jairzinho:

I visited a major city in the North I had served many years ago & i wanted to cry ! VERY LITTLE DEVELOPMENT ! All the companies had packed & run away,because u cld not be guaranteed your life after Jumat every Friday.

Someone said on another thread that all you need do, to understand the level of deterioration in the country, even right in the south is to take a trip to your secondary school, to see how much the buildings, and standard of education has deteriorated. Please stop deceiving self with these stories that the north is worse off. We are speaking here of millions of Nigerians, from north to south, living and dying without ever knowing the meaning of a free or decent life.

Jairzinho:

Remember these were centres of Govt/trade for W/Africa for many centuries .
So what I expect from the Northern N'landers like Muza,Auwal etc is to profer solutions & not deny the facts !! Or get unnecessarily emotional.

When you start accepting your own reality, maybe they will better listen to you and your need for them to profer solutions and what not. The south is as guilty for the decay as the north is. So you have to understand that when I see people playing the tribe card, I get frustrated by the fact that it may yet be another 50 years before we see real change in Nigeria.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Again, the problem in Nigeria is NOT due to the north or your feelings about the northerners. Neither did the problems start with the recent riots in the north. Please read my words and understand where I am coming from here.
Same thing the southern governments do. What has the southern politicians done so far so as to ensure there is no repeat of such massacres? What has the southern governments done to ensure that the killings in the south are curbed and those caught are dealt with? What? Please stop with this tribal rambling already. It is starting to get on my nerves.

Someone said on another thread that all you need do, to understand the level of deterioration in the country, even right in the south is to take a trip to your secondary school, to see how much the buildings, and standard of education has deteriorated. Please stop deceiving self with these stories that the north is worse off. We are speaking here of millions of Nigerians, from north to south, living and dying without ever knowing the meaning of a free or decent life.

When you start accepting your own reality, maybe they will better listen to you and your need for them to profer solutions and what not. The south is as guilty for the decay as the north is. So you have to understand that when I see people playing the tribe card, I get frustrated by the fact that it may yet be another 50 years before we see real change in Nigeria.

i honestly thought you understood. You need to wake up & smell the roses. Try to leave your Ohio base,live in Kano for 1 month & live anywhere else for one month.

We are talking of MINDSET,you're approaching things from a rational point of view.

Every Nigerian knows we have different mindset. have you ever encountered a Hausa mechanic,rewire before? I'm not trying to be a bigot,but the same way the govs deny there's a problem is the same way you're trying to shyaway from the issues.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

A Homeless child in the north is just as helpless as a homeless child in the south. Lives are taken for granted for in the north as well as in the south. A head taken off by a juju worshipper in the south is same as a head taken off by a rampaging in the north. Please Let us stop offering up twisted truths, the bitter truth is the north and south, both in the same deteriorating conditions and this has nothing to do with racism in America but the fact that we as a people have yet to show ourselves better in anyway. This is a nation filled with finger pointers and less with problem solvers. The bitter truth is no single tribe or people are clean and so calling a spade a spade but continuing to inject bias is not going to work. Not for us or the future generation.

This country would definitely have been a better place if many of us in the South reason like this. I have been labelled a 'fulani ass-licking' fellow on this NL just because I did not join the North-is-the-only-problem-of Nigeria mentality.

Sure, our Hausa brothers have their problems, but to think we Yorubas and Igbos are Mr. Right always, is wanton delusion.
Guys, let's wake up!
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by IGWEUSA(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2008
Jarus:

This country would definitely have been a better place if many of us in the South reason like this. I have been labelled a 'fulani ass-licking' fellow on this NL just because I did not join the North-is-the-only-problem-of Nigeria mentality.

Sure, our Hausa brothers have their problems, but to think we Yorubas and Igbos are Mr. Right always, is wanton delusion.
Guys, let's wake up!

@ jarus

with Ur signature that reads " Proudly muslim", i can see Y u made ur point.

On a special note, the thread is just expressing concern regarding the massive killing that is alwaz witnessed in the northern part of naija.

It doesnt infer that other ethnic groups are SAINTS. shocked shocked
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2008
Jairzinho:

i honestly thought you understood. You need to wake up & smell the roses. Try to leave your Ohio base,live in Kano for 1 month & live anywhere else for one month.
Funny you should say this, cause I have actually lived in the north back when the going was good in Nigeria and after the decay started at a high rate. Have lived in the south during the same, and when I mean south, I mean east and west and I can tell you one thing, people from all regions walk with this deluded mentality that the other tribe is out to get them and this got worse as the decay worsened. What do you expect to get when people walk around thinking everyone is out to get them? Sit down a day and watch a couple of episodes of The Sci-Fi series, The Twilight zone; you might start to see how the human mind tends to work more often than not. LoL
Jairzinho:

We are talking of MINDSET,you're approaching things from a rational point of view.
Every Nigerian knows we have different mindset. have you ever encountered a Hausa mechanic,rewire before? I'm not trying to be a bigot,but the same way the govs deny there's a problem is the same way you're trying to shyaway from the issues.

The mindset issue you speak of is not going to help us in plotting a solution to the problem. If you know that thinking one way only brings chaos and bloodshed, why not switch to rational thinking to help better plot the right path to the solution? Why continue to prescribe delusions and more division as solution to the already warped take on the situation?

I am not in any way trying to deny there is a problem. In fact, I accept that there is a problem with the way people think in that country, be they southerners or northerners; acknowledge there is a deep cliff ahead of us and we are continuing to have more people plot shorter parts to get us closer and closer to that cliff, ignoring the fact that we could always turn around and avoid the cliff completely. Governments from North to south have failed us; we, the people have failed and continue to fail.

I read on some other thread asking if Nigerians are cowards, someone listed June 12th as evidence that Nigerians are not cowards. The person failed to mention that the people who supposedly fought on that day, did not fight the government or go after the government but their neighbors who happened to be from a different tribe. June 12th was the year I understood for a fact that the Nigerian people are nothing but a bunch of cowards more willing to turn on each other than go after those that really need to be faced. There were bodies all of the streets, barely any of those bodies were of people in the army (since we were still under military rule), but almost 100% were of civilians who did nothing but vote their choice during the election and support the candidate they wanted to support. Now I was in Lagos then, you can imagine the rest. My point is, until we get rid of this mentality that the tribe next door is to blame, we are going to keep seeing the same decay and could rise to unprecedented levels in only a couple of years, if not curbed.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2008
IGWE_USA:

@ jarus

with Ur signature that reads " Proudly muslim", i can see Y u made ur point.

I have never hidden my intention of joining NL. I have said it time and again, and even in my interview in Tgirl's NL celebrity thread.
I joined NL basically to:
1, Defend my University in one thread in Education section that caught my attention sometime mid-2007. That motivated my choice of username:IFE-ECO-06, which I changed just recently
2,To defend my religion, after coming across some threads bashing Islam in religion section around that same time, hence my choice of signature.

Hence my username and signature summarize what motivated me to join NL initially.

But today, the horizon has widened, and I find myslef more used to Politics.

But to say, I don't don't join the Hausa-hating mentality just because they are Muslims, then you need to wake up from your slumber. You can never see me bashing Igbos too, and they are Christians.

I have overgrown tribalist ranting, I believe.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by RibaduFan(m): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2008
Testing testing
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2008
I think I need to correct any wrong impressions people may have. I am certainly not a tribalist,neither do I believe one tribe is the main cause of Nigeria's problems.(though I still believe the Emirs are a major part of the problem because they can change things).

I just need to put that out.

No tribe is 'better' than the other.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2008
Jairzinho:

I think I need to correct any wrong impressions people may have. I am certainly not a tribalist,neither do I believe one tribe is the main cause of Nigeria's problems.(though I still believe the Emirs are a major part of the problem because they can change things).
It is not the wrong impression that you are giving here. You may not realize it but your words do betray the impression you feel we ought to have of you instead. I am not in any way out to insult you for sharing with us your idea on this. My point so far is when something continues to fail us, we ought to step back and try approaching things a different way?
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by IGWEUSA(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

Living in Nigeria sef is suicide to one's sanity. What's the diff? undecided

@ Ebony silk

The difference========== U are still alive dey eat pepper soup!
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Muza(m): 6:01pm On Dec 30, 2008
Jairzinho:

u just contradicted urself with that sentence,U ar a conc bigot
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2008
Muza:

u just contradicted yourself with that sentence,U ar a conc bigot

One of the earmarks of a thriving forum,is the ability to have dissenting opinions.
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by IGWEUSA(m): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2009
RibaduFan:

Testing testing
@Ribadufan
i know say testing go bi a childs play 4 jihadists! embarassed embarassed
Re: Suicide Bombing In Nigeria by TheClown: 8:54pm On May 28, 2010
GENTLEMEN AND LADIES PLEASE FACE THIS TOPIC SQUARELY! IT HAS SUDDENLY BECOME ANOTHER THING ENTIRELY. YES, PEOPLE MIGHT BE GETTING BEHEADED AND KILLED AND KIDNAPPED AND WHATEVER IN THE SOUTH BUT NEVER HAVE YOU HEARD THAT JUST AT ONCE, A MASSACRE OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE OCCURRED IN RECENT TIMES AS IT OCCURS IN THE NORTH FROM TIME TO TIME, UNPREDICTABLY, AND AT LEAST ONCE EVERY TWO YEARS, SOMETIMES TWICE A YEAR! YOU WOULD NOT FIND IN THE SOUTH THAT A NUMBER OF CERTAIN PEOPLE OF A PARTICULAR ETHNIC OR RELIGIOUS BACKGROUND ARE BEING BUTCHERED WITH IMPUNITY. THESE SET OF PEOPLE WOULD KNOW THEY ARE HELPLESS BUT CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. I'M A NORTHERNER AND THAT MAKES IT TERRIBLE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY BECAUSE THERE IS ACTUALLY NO WHERE TO RUN TO WITHOUT RETURNING BACK. KILLINGS HAPPEN IN THE SOUTH TOO BUT NOT IN THAT NUMBER AND NOT AN ALL OUT KILLING OF A SET OF PEOPLE. KILLINGS HAPPEN IN THE UNITED STATES TOO, DOES THAT COMPARE IT TO THE NORTH OR EVEN SOUTHERN NIGERIA? WHEN PEOPLE SPEAK FROM A DISTANCE THEY SPEAK SO ELOQUENTLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T FEEL THE BURNS! HAVE YOU EVER COME HOME FROM A TRIP TO MEET THE DEAD BODIES OF ALL YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS?! HAVE YOU EVER LIVED IN A COMMUNITY, YOUR NATIVE COMMUNITY EVEN, WHERE YOU ARE PRACTICALLY A FOURTH CLASS INDIGEN? A TOPIC OF CONCERN HAVE BEEN RAISED AND ALL WE DO IS COUNTER RAISE OTHER TOPICS TO MAKE IT LOOK  UNIMPORTANT. IF YOU THINK THERE ARE OTHER ISSUES EITHER IN THE NORTH OR SOUTH, RAISE THEM LETS DISCUSS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND US THAT WE ARE MAKING A MESS OF A VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE.
MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW, THE INITIAL LIEUTENANTS OF BOKO HARAM BOSS WERE TRAINED IN PAKISTAN! HE WAS BEING FINANCED FROM THE MIDDLE EAST! HOW FAR ARE WE FROM SUICIDE BOMBINGS!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom: Speaker And Deputy Impeached / Ex-militants Lay Siege To East-west Road / FG To Ban NMA, JOHESU Over Incessant Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.