Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Please. Help Me,i Need To Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please. Help Me,i Need To Know (339 Views)

"I Heard EFCC Is Cooking Up A Surprise For Me, I Ready For Una" - Dino Melaye / Come & Buy Me, I Am Made In Nigeria, Man Tells Zahra Buhari. / U Can't Gag Me,I Stood Under Sun 4 Many Hours & Voted U:Lady Tels Sen. Sani(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please. Help Me,i Need To Know by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 28, 2015
As regards to Nigerian politics
Can a country practice two systems of government simultaneously ?
In my opinion,Nigeria practices two systems of government namely “Federal System of Government” and “Presidential System of Goverment”

Federal system of goverment is one in which governmental powers that exist in a country are shared between a central government that represents the whole country and governments of component region or states.

Presidential system of government is one in which all executive powers are vested in one person called the president and in which the executive arm of government is seperated from the legislature,but equal to it.

Going by the above definitions,Is my opinion about Nigeria practising two systems of government correct ?
Is there a difference between a federal system of government and a presidential system of government ?

(1) (Reply)

On The Election / Vote For Continuity / Did 9ice Refer To Himself As An Illiterate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.