Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,559 members, 7,820,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN (856 Views)

Fayose Admits To Buying Properties Of N1.35 Bilion / 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers N7.5bn / Obasanjo Wants To Make Buhari President So That He'll Die In Office - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by Humblega(m): 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ado Ekiti—Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayo Fayose has lamented that the state government needed the sum of N7.5 billion to settle arrears of entitlements of public servants in the state.
He admitted that he sometimes does not know where to start which gives him sleepless nights.
*Ayo Fayose
*Ayo Fayose
The governor was speaking in Ado Ekiti yesterday while inaugurating some projects to mark his 100 days in office.
According to him, the entitlements included August and September 2014 salaries of some workers, subventions due to state-owned institutions, leave bonus among others.
Fayose declared that despite the challenges and commitments that he would strive to execute some projects and pay salaries promptly.
“We have about N7.8 billion obligation to workers in the state. The obligations were left behind by the former administration, which include over N2 billion as leave bonus to workers, over N1 billion as deductions from workers’ salaries that the former administration did no remit.
“August and September 2014 salaries they did not pay some workers amounting to over N2 billion. Subventions to tertiary institutions which is over N2 billion as well.
“I don’t know where to start sometimes I cannot sleep. We did not inherit anything tangible from the former administration.
“ The six months’ moratorium from banks that we got, will lapse in two months and when that happens, banks will be deducting N780 million monthly to service the over N31 billion loans the former administration left behind.
“Also, N800 million is deducted from our statutory allocation monthly to service the N25 billion bond that they took. We have approached four banks to borrow us money to pay at least one month out of the two months salaries owed some workers. But essential things must be done. I call for understanding from people and I am committed to making life better for the people,” the governor said.
The governor further noted that paying workers’ salaries promptly had become a cardinal point of his administration, given the poor state of the economy and finances of the state.
The governor noted that the challenges met in office would never be an excuse for him not to perform his duties and fulfil his electoral promises.
Among the projects lined up for inauguration were the rehabilitated Matthew Road, Ado-Ekiti, Bisi Market, Awedele Road, Ado-Ekiti, drainages along Ajilosun Road, Ado-Ekiti.
Others are 12 ambulances, 19 patrol vans for security agencies, 20 motorbikes, three tractors and 12 waste vehicles.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/100-days-office-fayose-admits-owing-ekiti-workers-n7-5bn/#sthash.q6CkSHyo.dpuf
Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by ArchEnemy(m): 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ekiti people, epele o
Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by tomsniel(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
These were salaries owed by the APC led government before they left office.
The guy is a thug but its not his fault that the previous government looted the treasury with impunity before they were voted out.

1 Like

Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by Skillz02(m): 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
No fund 4 public servants, how comes most of d sun news & punch front page adverts are coming from dis same thug

No wonder they are doing everything possible to eliminate GMB

2 Likes

Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by Nctrice(m): 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
there are no institutions in this country, why would there be no one monitoring activities of State Government?

At this junction the self proclaimed party of Change would not come out and tell the Educated people of Ekiti state why Fayemi committed this grave act of Maladministration under their watch!

The Moral of the lesson is, Never give the apc the chance to effect their kind of change!
Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by Reptyle(m): 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
Excuses upon excuses. i hope the man wont be telling these same stories after 4 years.

How can a man that owes workers so much spend government resources on placing political adverts on the front page of national dailies?

1 Like

Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by FastShipping: 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nctrice:
there are no institutions in this country, why would there be no one monitoring activities of State Government?

At this junction the self proclaimed party of Change would not come out and tell the Educated people of Ekiti state why Fayemi committed this grave act of Maladministration under their watch!

The Moral of the lesson is, Never give the apc the chance to effect their kind of change!

Have you asked yourself where Fayose got over 60 million Naira he paid for the rubbish he published in Punch and Sun Newspapers?

1 Like

Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by sammyj: 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by Nctrice(m): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
FastShipping:

Have you asked yourself where Fayose got over 60 million Naira he paid for the rubbish he published in Punch and Sun Newspapers?
show me where Punch and the Sun newspapers say they collected 60 Million Ekiti State Naira for ads on their front page!

People are backing their claims with facts, you are here picking out your poo from your pit toilet and pasting it on Nairaland.com.
You better go and wash your hands!
Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by FastShipping: 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nctrice:
show me where Punch and the Sun newspapers say they collected 60 Million Ekiti State Naira for ads on their front page!

People are backing their claims with facts, you are here picking out your poo from your pit toilet and pasting it on Nairaland.com.
You better go and wash your hands!

I don't have to show you anything. Don't forget he did the adverts twice in span of six days. The front page on Punch front page cost 15.8 Million and he did the advert twice.

The one on Sun News front page cost 16.3 Million Naira and he also did that twice within a week.

If you do the maths, the foolish governor spent in the region of over 60 Million naira for the stupid publications that only compound PDP and Jonathan woes.

1 Like

Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by Nctrice(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
FastShipping:

I don't have to show you anything. Don't forget he did the adverts twice in span of six days. The front page on Punch front page cost 15.8 Million and he did the advert twice.

The one on Sun News front page cost 16.3 Million Naira and he also did that twice within a week.

If you do the maths, the foolish governor spent in the region of over 60 Million naira for the stupid publications that only compound PDP and Jonathan woes.
keep spilling out poo, my main concern is that you wash your hands when you are done!
Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by themilanway(m): 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
FastShipping:

Don't waste your time with re tards like him,he will only succeed in bringing you down to his level.

Mofos like him have sold the future of their kids generation for a spoonful of porridge.

Bunch of senile hypocrites
Re: 100 Days In Office: Fayose Admits Owing Ekiti Workers 7.5BN by FastShipping: 4:45pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nctrice:
keep spilling out poo, my main concern is that you wash your hands when you are done!

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Cannot Win 2015 Election — Asari Dokubo / Seun Please Create A Presidential Poll! / Things We Need To Know Before Deciding Who To Vote For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.