Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan (1809 Views)

Femi Adesina Denies Endorsing MMM / Akiolu Slams Obasanjo, Denies Endorsing Buhari / Shagari Denies Endorsing Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by sirajdinsaudi: 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
Contrary to media reports that Yoruba socio-cultural group, the Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG) has endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid, the group on Wednesday distanced itself from the purported endorsement.

In a press statement signed by its publicity secretary, Kunle Famoriyo, the group described the use of its insignia to promote the said endorsement as fraudulent and an attempt to deceive Yoruba people.

According to the group, “it has come to our notice that some broadcast stations are using ARG’s name and logo to promote the said endorsement. This is fraudulent and we wish to advice media houses to be wary of such fraudulent promoters especially now that public interest must be defended by the media.

“The ARG is not a party to the endorsement and does not in fact think the performance of President Goodluck Jonathan since May 2010 is worth the endorsement of any patriotic citizen. We believe there is a difference between ‘transformation,’ which President Jonathan promised Nigerians in 2011 and mere ‘reform’ of the same governance culture that Nigerians have rejected.”

The group further stated: “the ARG does not dictate to the generality of the Yoruba people, rather it gives voice to their feelings and aspirations. The extensive consultations we have made showed that Yoruba people have come to a firm conclusion that they have been at the shorter end of the stick under the Jonathan-led government, under whose administration, nepotism and ethnocentrism have taken over as the emblem of our presidential politics.”

“ARG therefore stands with the aspirations of Yoruba people for change. As echoed in Abeokuta recently at the public lecture organised by the Ogun State chapter of ARG, the change that we demand include a public pledge to restructure the country in such a way that power will devolve to the most efficient federating units.”

The Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, had told journalists in Akure, the Ondo state capital on Tuesday after meeting with President Jonathan, that the group had endorsed the president who was in the state as part of his state wide presidential campaign.

The meeting took place at the residence of the National Chairman of Afenifere, Chief Reuben Fasoranti.

Leaders that attended the meeting include governor Olusegun Mimiko of ondo State, two former governors of Osun and Ogun state Iyiola Omisore and Gbenga Daniel, Chief Ayo Adebanjo,

Sehinde Arogbofa, Chief Olu Falae, Supo Sonibare amonsgt other.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/01/28/afenifere-renewal-group-denies-endorsing-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by sirajdinsaudi: 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
Endorsement or no endorsement, who are the Afenifere?Whom do they represent?PDP desperation.
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by lacasa: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
grin grin grin

How many denials now.......?

• Shagari
• Miyetti Allah
• APGA
• Afenifere
• IBB

and counting............ grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by ezebunafo(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
I am a yoruba guy did u consult me or thousands of yorubas, that clamour for change before u went on to endorse gej,if truely you endorse him?me am not part of ur endorsement deal ooo,we shall know how far the endorsement can take you come febuhari.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by henchamb(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
since the odumakins tasted the forbidden cake at the national conference, their activism have been called to question

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by DaPhilosopher(m): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
lols!
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Adegbodolu1: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
Awon Agba osi, agba alailopolo. If they are not selling our land and patrimony, they are selling our future.

Awon degenerates.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by alaoeri: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
lacasa:
grin grin grin

How many denials now.......?

• Shagari
• Miyetti Allah
• APGA
• Afenifere
• IBB

and counting............ grin
These shows that PDP & TANoids are bunch of desperadoes. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
Who cares about them? They can deny all they want like peter who deny Jesus three times, but one thing is that, i don't care.
Jonathan till 2019.
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by teemanbastos(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2015
alaoeri:

most useless set of pple ever..grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
[size=15pt]I knew the denial thread will come up.
PDP with their penchant for lies and deceit.
They are the only group that releases a statement today credited to some people
then tomorrow you come and see the same people denying ever giving PDP that statement[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
ezebunafo:
I am a yoruba guy did u consult me or thousands of yorubas, that clamour for change before u went on to endorse gej,if truely you endorse him?me am not part of ur endorsement deal ooo,we shall know how far the endorsement can take you come febuhari.

A Yoruba Guy, with user name Ezebunafo?

Deceit is not Good. Change! Ur ways.
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by lacasa: 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2015
alaoeri:

Clueless desperadoes

GMB winning 2015

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Zeezy99: 7:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
Even the devil him self will soon deny endorsing clueless GEJ. Then followed by the witches too

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
Zeezy99:
Even the devil him self will soon deny endorsing clueless GEJ. Then followed by the witches too

Babe kikkikiki wicked comment cheesy grin
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
Zeezy99:
Witches and wizards have already endorsed Jonathan. So you never hear?

Okokobioko!! cheesy
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by nicklaus40: 7:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Omisore was never a governor and never will be,correct it
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
well shouldnt this be on front page?
Nairaland please dont spread misinformation.

Obinoscopy et al

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Zeezy99: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
berem:
Witches and wizards have already endorsed Jonathan. So you never hear?

Okokobioko!! cheesy
they will soon come back and tell us that they are no longer supporting Jonathan noni
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by suretman(m): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
TANoids will surely run from this thread...

I remember when it was first posted, TANoids are really happy and they were like "We've won south west all together"

I laff in Chinese..

But come to think of it; Why should an Incumbent president be visiting everybody and waiting for an endorsement..

I remembered back then, it was IBB and later Obasanjo and since then, he has been running up and down searching for where to get an endorsement..

That's to show he wasted the 6 years he spent as a president..

Because if you've done a good work, you don't have to run everywhere for endorsement..
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
FP!
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Preceedo(m): 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
ezebunafo:

See this one.
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Preceedo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
suretman:
TANoids will surely run from this thread...

I remember when the first LIE was posted, TANoids are really happy and they were like "We've won south west all together"

I laff in Chinese..

But come to think of it; Why should an Incumbent president be visiting everybody and waiting for an endorsement..

I remembered back then, it was IBB and later Obasanjo and since then, he has been running up down searching for where to get an endorsement..

That's to show he wasted the 6 years he spend as a president..i

Because if you've done a good work, you don't have to run everywhere for endorsement..

Everybody is formin critics u self dey join.

End shall neva wonda.
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by suretman(m): 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
Preceedo:

Everybody is formin critics u self dey join.

End shall neva wonda.

And who are you hun?

I'm a Nigerian and I have the right to vote.

And again, WHO THE FORK ARE YOU?
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by itetemi: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
fp
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by micolaj: 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
Example of Irony-"GEJ (Mr. LEPER) has many friends."
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by walemoney007(m): 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
suretman:

And who are you hun?

I'm a Nigerian a nd right to vote.

And again, WHO THE FORK ARE YOU?
d question wey d guy ask u funny gan o
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by kennydee05(m): 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
df2006:

Yes it is possible because I have two friends and their nicknames are drafted from Igbo ( Mazibolo) and Hausa (danladi).
So, that is not an issue. Haven't u seen Nigerians bearing Italian names as nickname? Does that make them to be an Italian and non nugerian?
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Pataki: 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hahahaha

Yet bastard Okupe was busy gloating about this 'endorsing' yesterday on his twitter page. grin grin
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by ezebunafo(m): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
df2006:

small time now una go hire forensic expert to check whether I be really yoruba guy,abeg na dia dem born me ooo,I come go all my schools dia,come dey even speak igbo,ndi nnewi in the house kedu ije?
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by ezebunafo(m): 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
df2006:

small time now una go hire forensic expert to check whether I be really yoruba guy,abeg na for east dem born me ooo,I come go all my schools dia,come dey even speak igbo,ndi nnewi in the house kedu ije?
Re: Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
ezebunafo:
small time now una go hire forensic expert to check whether I be really yoruba guy,abeg na for east dem born me ooo,I come go all my schools dia,come dey even speak igbo,ndi nnewi in the house kedu ije?

Great! Good for you. Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

22 Things President Jonathan Said During The Presidential Media Chat / Jonathan Offers Automatic Employment To 164 Presidential Award Winning Corpers / Osun Workers Give Aregbesola 14 Days Ultimatum As His First Son Gets Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.