Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola (15206 Views)

Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard / Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola / Between Fashola & Jimi Agbaje - Agbaje Firm Owes Lagos N1.6m Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 29, 2015
naijaking1:
Fashola must be desperate to dig into Jimi's company's corporate tax issues.

Yes....responsible tax compliant Lagosians deserved the right to know.
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by thaoriginator: 6:41am On Jan 29, 2015
dondemex:
Forget tax shit na agbaje we go vote
You and who? Abi na from france wey u dey u want tek vote?
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by DonDiego(m): 6:44am On Jan 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

Where is your proof that he is in default or you scram out of here....

TINUBU is not contesting to be Lagos state governor...I'm interested in the man that want me to keep paying my tax why he would be defaulting..

That's is where you are wrong. Tinubu is contesting big time. His name in this election is Ambode. His name in the last election was Fashola. In fact Tinubu has been contesting the Lagos guber elections since 1999 and plans to keep contesting in future using other names until he dies on the seat. Tinubu is a sit-tight politician. Lagos needs to be freed from Tinubu's atrophied clutches.

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 29, 2015
Is it the same tax that has been going to one man's pocket, tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Faraidi(m): 6:48am On Jan 29, 2015
DEUNSTOPPABLE:

Sources:
http://www.punchng.com/news/agbajes-firm-owes-n1-6m-land-use-charge-fashola/
and
Naija FM news 7:30pm
Fashola should go to hell.Agbaje is the main man.Lagos does not belong to God father like Tinubu,they have seen the hand written on the wall that Agbaje will defeat they stooge Ambode,hence the reasons for giving him bad name.But we know better.

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Faraidi(m): 6:53am On Jan 29, 2015
pelumiakinboye1:
Baba Fash, U'v nailed it, Let the fools use TAX to lure people, I know the educated Lagosians will know the Importance of tax and will stay with Continuity in the State.
okay,but pls answer this question! All the wealth Tinubu has taken from Lagos state is he paying tax on them? Hypocrites.Agbaje all the way.
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:53am On Jan 29, 2015
luvinhubby:
Dirty politicking at the highest level by a sinking SAN in a sinking party.
So Jaykay pharmacy's tax is Fashola's lame excuse for his failure in education after 8 years as Lagos state governor.
Progressives in deed !!
Read with understanding.
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Op80: 6:58am On Jan 29, 2015
this fashola is so full of himself. Why is this parrot always bringing up nonsense in the name of campaign? Is he d one contesting now or they just got a slowpoke who would ride on their back to power so that they will still be controlling lagos purse. Jimmy is his own man and will get things done than fashola and his fellow glutons. Bleep off fashola

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Am4real20(f): 7:00am On Jan 29, 2015
Big deal,Lagosians will vote for Jimi. What about Buhari that took a loan to buy his presidential form? Kettle calling pot black. I so hate APC,bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by thunder74(m): 7:01am On Jan 29, 2015
ilugunboy:

Where is your proof that he is in default or you scram out of here....

TINUBU is not contesting to be Lagos state governor...I'm interested in the man that want me to keep paying my tax why he would be defaulting..
Fashola did not tell us that he has not paid his Personal Income Tax or remitted his staff Pay As You earn Tax or pay the Other statutory Taxes to Federal Inland revenue.
He only complained about the Land Use Charge (It is a charge the owner of the property pays on the land annually).
The question we should first answer is who owns the building JayKay Pharmaceutical operates? Is it Agbaje or owned by another person on lease or rented?
It is possible also that the charge is contested as I have contested many issued to some of my clients because if Agbaje could pay his other taxes to the state, the Land Use Charge can't be a problem.
More importantly, Fashola should rather tell us how much the state is paying Alphabeta, the Tinubu/Osinbajo consultancy company collecting the tax, somebody said, it is up to 6 billion naira monthly and when are they handing over to the staff of Lagos state they have trained?

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by PlutoLA(m): 7:03am On Jan 29, 2015
eaglechild:
If true then Fashola is a failure.

His tax collection system is in shambles, no wonder Lagos is in heavy debt.

Nah mahn,you've got it wrong. Ppl are the ones who r not complying with the law. Most ppl dont even declare their true income,not to talk of paying the tax. The culture of tax payment isn't part of us,so no matter how well his tax system is,those who won't pay,won't pay. We want a government who will tell us not to pay tax,yet we want them to provide for us

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Ryabcool(m): 7:03am On Jan 29, 2015
dominique:
He can't even abide by the rules of the state he wants to govern. Anyways, I stopped taking him serious ever since he started frolicking with Bode George and PDP.
what nailed his coffin was when he said he's going to give all of Lagos free Internet. I realized Koro is even better than this Hediot
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by great664(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2015
adadadon:
so agbaje cannot pay his Tax......
Clueless Jonathan, lawless agbaje
Nigerians like you nor wan get sense and don't swallow everything Politician say.

He is the Governor and also a SAN, if Agbaje is a Tax defaulter why tell us or is he clueless on what to do, yet they call GEJ clueless.

Why not close than the place or charge him to court?

Did Abaje fail to pay his Personal Tax? For God sake its Land Use Act, do you know if Agbaje is a Tenant there bcuz that's where he "Operate" Pls my brothers GROW UP and stop being a waste bin for Politicians

4 Likes

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by onatisi(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2015
The questions we should be asking is ,which lagos state government agency is responsible for collecting such taxes? and why did such agency allow a company to owe it so much? What measure so far has this agency made to recover this money from agbaje?I think this is even an indictment on lagos state government because it shows and proves that many of its agencies aren't functioning and performing their duties. How can a company owes so much not for one year but 2 years . Only god knows the number of companies owing such taxes with even higher amount that this . Lagos state government should tender proof of payment reminders or letters they sent to jaykay. This is normal if you don't notify a debtor about his payment,he won't pay that is why companies send out bills to people owing them.

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by PlutoLA(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Am4real20:
Big deal,Lagosians will vote for Jimi. What about Buhari that took a loan to buy his presidential form? Kettle calling pot black. I so hate APC,bunch of hypocrites.

How does a man who honorable took a loan compare to another owing the government money?
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by sucotina: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Fashola just displayed a low IQ attitude, how many of his political goons pays thier tax?. I know if Jay-kay pharmacy is owing this said amount, it must be due to the double taxation attitude of Fashola's policy.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by micrep3030(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Apc don't kW where to hide again

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 29, 2015
He should pay up please.
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2015
waternogeteneny:
Fashola never paid a kobo tax.

Fashola get mouth to talk.

Which country use kobo as currency? I know Nigeria use naira and never seen kobo in circulation. Ur clueless GEJ looking for yeye record to break invented new 100 naira note instead of re-introduction of kobo.

A country without coins is an example of meaningless economy. YOU CANT USE AUTOMATIC VENDING MACHINE WITHOUT COINS. Nigeria is the only country without automatic vending machine.

I wonder what GEJ mean by transformation agenda when everything is relatively getting worst since 1999.
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by max20ebi: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2015
Fashola was and still a very fine Governor. He should not engage in character assassination of J.agbaje. The PDP candidate is the best aspirant for Lagos. Let us come out en masse and vote Jimi boy
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Ryabcool(m): 7:19am On Jan 29, 2015
Senjo:
Mr. Jimi Agbaje expresses surprise at this
rather personal and unprovoked attack
against his person by Governor Raji
Fashola.
Just in January, the Commissioner for
Finance sent a personal letter to Mr.
Agbaje, commending him for his
faithfulness in payment of taxes relating
to his residence.
It is a curious contradiction that several
days later, the Governor himself would
express sentiments clearly in
contradiction to the spirit and letter of
that voluntary and unsolicited
commendation from the state.
Are they feeling the heat of Agbaje and
PDP’s impending victory in the state, or
how does one explain this recourse to
personal attacks recently embarked upon
by chieftains of APC?
Although he founded JayKay
Pharmaceuticals, Mr. Agbaje left the
directorship of the company in 2006, and
this is on record with the state. He is no
longer involved in the running of the
company. And today, he is not even an
Executive Director.
We have a letter signed by Ayo Gbeleyi,
Honourable Commissioner for Finance in
Lagos State, where Agbaje received
commendations for fulfilling his tax
obligations. The letter from the Ministry
says: “A review of our payment records
from 2011 shows that you have been
consistent with the payment of Land Use
Charge on the above property (Agbaje’s
residence in Apapa).
“The Lagos State Government wishes to
express its appreciation to you on your
consistent fulfilment of your civil
responsibility and your singular
contribution towards the development of
the state.
“We look forward to your continued
cooperation in this regard.”
It will be recalled that the Governor only
about two weeks ago said that Agbaje
was too old to be Governor, although the
PDP Candidate is only 57.
This fresh outburst amounts to another
futile attempt at mudslinging by a
desperado group that is up against a
formidable opponent, and it has only
succeeded in staining the source.
Lagosians should be wary of APC and its
bag of tricks.
FELIX OBOAGWINA
DIRECTOR OF MEDIA AND PUBLICITY TO
MR. JIMI AGBAJE, PDP GOVERNORSHIP
CANDIDATE FOR LAGOS STATE
ewoooooo!!!!! See photoshop. Jimi Agbaje's name and address was conveniently photoshopped into this pic. Can anyone notice the white patch around that part of the paper where the address was written? It's usually like that when someone applies digital tipex... That patch of paper where the address is written is whiter than the remaining paper oooo!
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by great664(m): 7:20am On Jan 29, 2015
PlutoLA:

How does a man who honorable took a loan compare to another owing the government money?
Did I hear you say "HONOURABLY" or using Nepotism to secure a loan from Bank to GAMBLE? Will such bank give out loan to young and vibrant Nigerian Entrepreneur who are ready to start something from themselves even with collateral? He declare N5M as Asset yet took a loan of more than X 5 of his asset to purchase form to Gamble and you call that Honourably? Who is fooling who? His Family live some study in UK yet he has nothing. Stop Politicising everything and call a spade a spade.

What is wrong is wrong, everyone is doing it does not make it right. ETHICS

To Topic: Why is Fashola telling us? Is he that clueless that he can't or don't know a way to make Agbaje pay his tax to the govt? This shows how porous Fashola and his tax policies are for someone to owe more than 2yrs?

But let's think of it. Did Agbaje owe Personal Income Tax or Land Use Act? How are will sure that Agbaje owns the place he operate that's if he is a tenant there and not the one responsible to pay but the landlord?

Nigerian Politician thinks we fools since 1960, Bleep off APC and Lies, we know better.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Nweike1: 7:20am On Jan 29, 2015
ROCKJ1:
Lagos taxation is so much... I just don't understand.
too much o, my broda
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by OAUTemitayo: 7:21am On Jan 29, 2015
Ryabcool:
ewoooooo!!!!! See photoshop. Jimi Agbaje's name and address was conveniently photoshopped into this pic. Can anyone notice the white patch around that part of the paper where the address was written? It's usually like that when someone applies digital tipex... That patch of paper where the address is written is whiter than the remaining paper oooo!
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Acidosis(m): 7:22am On Jan 29, 2015
dominique:
He can't even abide by the rules of the state he wants to govern. Anyways, I stopped taking him serious ever since he started frolicking with Bode George and PDP.
So you prefer an Ambode? A god-son to a frog-eyed drug trafficker?

http://saharareporters.com/2008/09/15/how-us-federal-agents-succesfully-linked-bola-tinubu-drug-trafficking-ring-chicago
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Acidosis(m): 7:25am On Jan 29, 2015
N1.6M for land use charge over a period of 3 years?? shocked shocked shocked

Chaiiii Tinubu is in moneyyýyyyyy.
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Ephemmm: 7:26am On Jan 29, 2015
luvinhubby:
Dirty politicking at the highest level by a sinking SAN in a sinking party.
So Jaykay pharmacy's tax is Fashola's lame excuse for his failure in education after 8 years as Lagos state governor.
Progressives in deed !!

Someone owes a state four years tax, and you did not see anything wrong in this. When shall we forget political affliation, ethnicity and religion segregation in this country?

God please have mercy on Nigeria.
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:28am On Jan 29, 2015
eaglechild:
If true then Fashola is a failure.

His tax collection system is in shambles, no wonder Lagos is in heavy debt.
Who released u? it isnt time yet nowgrin

2 Likes

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Chukwu94: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2015
So he neva pay im tax.. Dis man deserve to be jailed.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 29, 2015
DonDiego:

[s]That's is where you are wrong. Tinubu is contesting big time. His name in this election is Ambode. His name in the last election was Fashola. In fact Tinubu has been contesting the Lagos guber elections since 1999 and plans to keep contesting in future using other names until he dies on the seat. Tinubu is a sit-tight politician. Lagos needs to be freed from Tinubu's atrophied clutches[/s].

Profound crap....
Re: Agbaje’s Firm Owes N1.6m Land Use Charge – Fashola by Bidex6444(m): 8:06am On Jan 29, 2015
I know that APshit will always come up with stories. If they like they should die all we want is a new wind of change in lagos. Enough is enough. Jimi Agbaje is a good candidate for us in Lagos. Enough of remitance to Thief'nubu. Fashola is a mess, despite his qualification I don't know that he could stood so low by saying all this shit now. Do u think this is the right time? If he like he should die and all the party.. WHO CARES....

JIMI AGBAJE will become the Governor of Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / Buhari Appoints Dikko-Umaru Radda As SMEDAN DG / APC North-East Youths Blast Tinubu And Oshiomhole, Want Oshiomhole Expelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.