Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks (921 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Rivers Rerun: INEC Favouring APC, PDP Alleges. / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by drsolob2(m): 6:59am On Jan 29, 2015
BENIN—The Peoples Democratic Party,
PDP, in Edo State has raised alarm over
what it described as the alleged plot by
the state government to sell the Nigerian
Army Barracks in Ikpoba Hill, Benin City,
due to alleged lack of funds for capital
development.
State Chairman of the party, Chief Dan
Orbih, also described the approval of the
27.5 percent allowance for teachers and
other actions of Governor Adams
Oshiomhole as panic measures to
deceive eligible voters in the state to cast
their votes for All Progressives Congress,
APC, in next month’s elections.
He said: “As I talk to you, the state
government is planning to sell the land
presently being occupied by the Nigerian
Army barracks at Ikpoba Hill and all
these are efforts by the state government
to raise money at all costs to remain
afloat and I want to assure Edo people
that all that will be reverted through
legal means as soon as the PDP
government takes over power in 2016.
“When I criticized the state government
for its inability to commence all the
projects earmarked for execution as a
result of lack of funds due to its
insolvency, they came up the next day to
say that the state was not broke and that
I was lying, only to come up few weeks
later to say the state was applying for
World Bank loan for erosion project in
the state.”
Orbih who spoke in Benin, while
receiving a defector from the APC to PDP
from Ovia South-West Local Government
Area, Charles Amadasu, said: “We had
earlier stopped them from selling Edo
House in Lagos through court injunction
and that case is still on and it will not be
disposed off in the next three years and I
can assure you with all confidence that
Edo House will not be sold by the state
government.”
But reacting to the alleged plan to sell
the Army Barracks land at Ikpoba Hill by
the state government, the state Publicity
Secretary of APC, Godwin Erhahon, said:
“First, I am not in a position to confirm
that but if the government has any
reason to put the land into proper use
for the benefit of the people and decides
to allocate it to individuals, what is the
business of the PDP?”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/pdp-alleges-edo-govt-plan-sell-army-barracks/
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by drsolob2(m): 7:00am On Jan 29, 2015
Pls is the state govt incharge of the barrack or federal govt.
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by temitemi1(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2015
Another "progressive" in action grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by bokohalal(m): 7:33am On Jan 29, 2015
drsolob2:
Pls is the state govt incharge of the barrack or federal govt.

When the fourth Mechanized Brigade was relocated from Benin city to Ilorin (?) their barracks at Ikpoba Hill in the outskirts of the city which was vacated reverted back to the state government.
Now, the question everyone should ask PDP Edo state is what their grouse is with the state government disposing of the land as they deem fit? Do they want the place to remain fallow? As long as it is a fair and open disposal, and PDP members are not prevented from participating in the process, it is alright by me.

1 Like

Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2015
bokohalal:

When the fourth Mechanized Brigade was relocated from Benin city to Ilorin (?) their barracks at Ikpoba Hill in the outskirts of the city which was vacated reverted back to the state government.
Now, the question everyone should ask PDP Edo state is what their grouse is with the state government disposing of the land as they deem fit? Do they want the place to remain fallow? As long as it is a fair and open disposal, and PDP members are not prevented from participating in the process, it is alright by me.

He sold Edo house in Lagos, sold Ewu flower mill, sold Edo cement factory, vacated Uniben VC out of there lodge and sold the properties. The question is why all this selling of properties and as far as we all citizens of Edo State including PDP in Edo are concern, he is answerable to all. He should come out and tell us why and where all these funds are going to. You can't be selling properties to yourself and your close associate claiming is for the benefit of Edo people. Oshiomole is one of the worst Governor in Nigeria.
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by BlackTechnology: 7:51am On Jan 29, 2015
Skillbobralph:

He sold Edo house in Lagos, sold Ewu flower mill, sold Edo cement factory, vacated Uniben VC out of there lodge and sold the properties. The question is why all this selling of properties and as far as we all citizens of Edo State including PDP in Edo are concern, he is answerable to all. He should come out and tell us why and where all these funds are going to. You can't be selling properties to yourself and your close associate claiming is for the benefit of Edo people. Oshiomole is one of the worst Governor in Nigeria.

Why is he selling those properties

1 Like

Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by Jorussia(m): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2015
Skillbobralph:

Stop spreading false hood.None of the properties you stated above have been sold by the state government. Even from the statement by Dan orbih,he said they prevented the govt from selling Edo house in Lagos. I don't see reason why people will come here to spread false hoods just to satisfy their pay masters.
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 29, 2015
Jorussia:
Stop spreading false hood.None of the properties you stated above have been sold by the state government. Even from the statement by Dan orbih,he said they prevented the govt from selling Edo house in Lagos. I don't see reason why people will come here to spread false hoods just to satisfy their pay masters.

for Edo house it hasn't been sold but about to, I guess you don't know Ewu not to talk Ewu flower mill and d Edo cement company , ask people from that area they will tell u.
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by drsolob2(m): 9:03am On Jan 29, 2015
bokohalal:

And that same land which is about 32,000 ha of land does not only contain the army barrack alone but the headquater of NABTEB,immigration office, prison civil defence and road safety office is him going to vacate does agency from the land.and we where told that he is selling the land to dangote.
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by Jorussia(m): 9:25am On Jan 29, 2015
Skillbobralph:

for Edo house it hasn't been sold but about to, I guess you don't know Ewu not to talk Ewu flower mill and d Edo cement company , ask people from that area they will tell u.
I reside in benin city.I know Ewu in is in Edo central.I am sb who follows development here closely, i haven't heard,read or seen those two factories been sold or put on sale.Nevertheless, i will confirm it.
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by Bensondrums(m): 10:01am On Jan 29, 2015
Dis dan orbhi of a man has tried everytin within his reach t ridicle dis present administration bt he forgot dat Edo people now knw better nd cn never be decieved again.PDP ruled dis state for 8yrs wit notin t show for nd d little osho baba is doing dis big pot belle fool wanna bring it down.Sai Osho baba for Edo....Sai Gej for 9ja.
Re: PDP Alleges Edo Govt Plan To Sell Army Barracks by maestroferddi: 10:05am On Jan 29, 2015
Oshiomole should do something about his high-handedness and predilection to court controversy.

It is unfortunate how is gradually frittering the goodwill that brought him to power in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

We Saw Helicopters Dropping Arms, Food For Boko Haram – Idps / Army Relocates Female Soldiers From Maiduguri In anticipation Of BH Attack / Tension, As Southerners Flee North Over Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.