Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? (2014 Views)

How Can I Leave Dis Girl? / My Virgin Girlfriend Has Kidney Issue, I Love Her For Marriage, Should I Go On? / Why You Should Test-Drive Your Partner Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 8:20am On Jan 29, 2015
Dearest ones,

I believe that If you are in a relationship with someone, you should feel loved, safe, respected and free to be yourself.

However that is not the situation described by this blog reader who sent in her story from the UK. Please leave your thoughts and advice.

“Bang, bang, smash smash is all I remember. How did i get here, how did i get back to where we had been before. But I was promised change, I was promised it would never happen again. Maybe I’m the stupid one for believing.

I happened to be missing him so much that day and thought I would get home and have a nice evening. That changed the instant I found myself arguing with him over what I am ashamed to even say – FOOD.

He promised to season some fish for me before I got home. However when I got home it had not been done, although he had brought it out of the freezer. I find out he’s in a mood and I really don’t know why. This is not how I planned my evening, I tell myself.

We get into a debate and we hurl words back and forth and the next thing I see is him throwing things but they are missing me. He throws his phone, I duck!!! He gets up and he’s now this crazy person that I haven’t seen in a year ( yes it’s happened before but like I said I believed the “I’ve changed story”).

He gets up and uses his hand to bring down my top shelf. Smash!!! My candles and vases broken on the floor, my pictures all over the floor. As if that isn’t enough, he races forward to me and gives me 3 slaps across the face, he’s shouting around the house , pacing up and down, he gets an iron and at that moment I truly thought my life was over. Luckily for me he puts it down but it isn’t over.

He tells me talk, talk again and you will see.

He walks out of the room still talking, I mutter under my breath and at that very moment he comes back and starts punching my legs, not stopping even though I am crying out and screaming stop stop!!!

I flashback in the middle of the pain and remember my dad harassing my mum, this is something I told myself I would never go through. He walks out and leaves the house. Bruises all over my body, it’s never been this bad before.

I tell myself he has to go but now it’s even more complicated as we are planning our marriage that is supposed to happen next year. Put aside the marriage, I still love this man.

I tell myself if he gets the help he needs, all will be okay. If he stops his addiction to weed this can all be fixed because he wasn’t like this before the weed. He never had such a bad temper. I know deep down he is not like this, this is not the man I fell in love with. I’ve invested 7 years in this relationship, I ask myself do I walk away or see if things can change if he gets the necessary help he needs. I’m drained and tired!!

He comes back begging and crying but I tell him I’ve had enough so I take off my ring, packed his things and told him to leave.

I don’t get it, I’m confused, I seem to be missing him and needing him more than ever before. I tell myself I don’t need him but I want him.

Maybe I need help myself!!!

I cannot share with my siblings (not even my sister ) what am passing through but wish I could speak to my mum rather than confide in just my bestie.

Please I need advice, what do I do? Do I continue praying to God to perfect us?Do I call off the wedding ( this is a wedding we have hired a planner and committed £30,00 to, booked our hall for a whooping £10,000, engaged most of our vendors financially) or Do I make things work?” ******

I do not want to pre-empt your comments, so will pitch in later.

Take care of yourself and others.

xoxoxoxo…MFA

www.lifetitudes.com Inspiring Positive Change
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 29, 2015
bloggers be forming story to gain popularity like biblical Elijah

2 Likes

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Onota: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2015
kallmemrB:

Yeah I am with you on this.. Next please
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by bundur(m): 8:42am On Jan 29, 2015
A hungry man is an angry man
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Maamin(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2015
So your husband 'to be' is beating the hell out of you while you are yet to marry, believe me he will even do worse when you guys get married. A wife beater is also an addiction you know..seek counsel and call off the engagement and move on with your life. angry
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 9:08am On Jan 29, 2015
Sad that you think i be forming stories to gain popularity. Sadder still that you had to bring in a Biblical character to buttress your point. Now walking away from you and your negativity.
kallmemrB:
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 9:10am On Jan 29, 2015
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Fran Lebowitz, The Fran Lebowitz Reader
Onota:

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 9:11am On Jan 29, 2015
So hunger is now a justification for physical violence? So if he has to fast for 7 days nko? He will murder her during his fast abi?
bundur:
A hungry man is an angry man
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 9:12am On Jan 29, 2015
My thoughts exactly, if he's beating her now he will continue afterwards. But again we know women can we be foolishly hopeful.
Maamin:
So your husband 'to be' is beating the hell out of you while you are yet to marry, believe me he will even do worse when you guys get married. A wife beater is also an addiction you know..seek counsel and call off the engagement and move on with your life. angry
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Tymax(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2015
If he is wealthy the lady will take it as part of life's "tribulations and trials", convincing herself that patience is a virtue. Rubbish. I have no pity for ladies who remain in abusive relationships.

Let her be asking question for the gods.

1 Like

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 9:30am On Jan 29, 2015
True talk. Most women stay on because of financial comfort. But is money worth being beaten? Bashing that your parents never gave you.
Tymax:
If he is wealthy the lady will take it as part of life's "tribulations and trials", convincing herself that patience is a virtue. Rubbish. I have no pity for ladies who remain in abusive relationships.

Let her be asking question for the gods.
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by mideeniafe(f): 9:39am On Jan 29, 2015
Does she really need an answer? undecided

Some women ehn, when would we learn? A guy that can hit you severally before you get married to him will gladly buy your coffin when you tie the knot with him. If you don't pity yourself, pity your family and your future children biko..

2 Likes

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 29, 2015
Lifetitudes:
Dearest ones,

I believe that If you are in a relationship with someone, you should feel loved, safe, respected and free to be yourself.

However that is not the situation described by this blog reader who sent in her story from the UK. Please leave your thoughts and advice.

“Bang, bang, smash smash is all I remember. How did i get here, how did i get back to where we had been before. But I was promised change, I was promised it would never happen again. Maybe I’m the stupid one for believing.

I happened to be missing him so much that day and thought I would get home and have a nice evening. That changed the instant I found myself arguing with him over what I am ashamed to even say – FOOD.

He promised to season some fish for me before I got home. However when I got home it had not been done, although he had brought it out of the freezer. I find out he’s in a mood and I really don’t know why. This is not how I planned my evening, I tell myself.

We get into a debate and we hurl words back and forth and the next thing I see is him throwing things but they are missing me. He throws his phone, I duck!!! He gets up and he’s now this crazy person that I haven’t seen in a year ( yes it’s happened before but like I said I believed the “I’ve changed story”).

He gets up and uses his hand to bring down my top shelf. Smash!!! My candles and vases broken on the floor, my pictures all over the floor. As if that isn’t enough, he races forward to me and gives me 3 slaps across the face, he’s shouting around the house , pacing up and down, he gets an iron and at that moment I truly thought my life was over. Luckily for me he puts it down but it isn’t over.

He tells me talk, talk again and you will see.

He walks out of the room still talking, I mutter under my breath and at that very moment he comes back and starts punching my legs, not stopping even though I am crying out and screaming stop stop!!!

I flashback in the middle of the pain and remember my dad harassing my mum, this is something I told myself I would never go through. He walks out and leaves the house. Bruises all over my body, it’s never been this bad before.

I tell myself he has to go but now it’s even more complicated as we are planning our marriage that is supposed to happen next year. Put aside the marriage, I still love this man.

I tell myself if he gets the help he needs, all will be okay. If he stops his addiction to weed this can all be fixed because he wasn’t like this before the weed. He never had such a bad temper. I know deep down he is not like this, this is not the man I fell in love with. I’ve invested 7 years in this relationship, I ask myself do I walk away or see if things can change if he gets the necessary help he needs. I’m drained and tired!!

He comes back begging and crying but I tell him I’ve had enough so I take off my ring, packed his things and told him to leave.

I don’t get it, I’m confused, I seem to be missing him and needing him more than ever before. I tell myself I don’t need him but I want him.

Maybe I need help myself!!!

I cannot share with my siblings (not even my sister ) what am passing through but wish I could speak to my mum rather than confide in just my bestie.

Please I need advice, what do I do? Do I continue praying to God to perfect us?Do I call off the wedding ( this is a wedding we have hired a planner and committed £30,00 to, booked our hall for a whooping £10,000, engaged most of our vendors financially) or Do I make things work?” ******

I do not want to pre-empt your comments, so will pitch in later.

Take care of yourself and others.

xoxoxoxo…MFA

www.lifetitudes.com Inspiring Positive Change
Check yourself it can be partly ur fault if d conditions r not suitable 4 staying better move on and learn frm it.

1 Like

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Tearg1: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2015
I used to be a weed smoker and I know how paranoid this can make 1 feel.. My dear that guy needs spiritual help.... He is currently dabbling in d deeper end of life where an addiction has made him act insane..

My advice is to break that relationship up and encourage him to seek help from a good church like VPA.

If u marry him thinking it will all be well, one day the demon in him will always show up...be careful

1 Like

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Maamin(m): 9:51am On Jan 29, 2015
Lifetitudes:
My thoughts exactly, if he's beating her now he will continue afterwards. But again we know women can we be foolishly hopeful.

Now being foolishly hopeful is what got her into this mess in the first place..am very sure that this started somewhere, now its getting worse..hoping to see her fiance change is going to be like fetching water with a basket. Breaking free from such bondage is the best way out..but wish her all the best !

1 Like

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Sunkyphil(m): 9:54am On Jan 29, 2015
I HATE BLOG STORIES grin
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2015
i always used to think weed does not necessarily incite violence. However i understand better now because of the feelings you say it invokes. Thanks
Tearg1:
I used to be a weed smoker and I know how paranoid this can make 1 feel.. My dear that guy needs spiritual help.... He is currently dabbling in d deeper end of life where an addiction has made him act insane..

My advice is to break that relationship up and encourage him to seek help from a good church like VPA.

If u marry him thinking it will all be well, one day the demon in him will always show up...be careful
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2015
We dont hate people who hate blog stories grin
Sunkyphil:
I HATE BLOG STORIES grin
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Sunkyphil(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2015
Lifetitudes:
We dont hate people who hate blog stories grin
ao am i sure the story is not cooked up
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by bundur(m): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2015
Lifetitudes:
So hunger is now a justification for physical violence? So if he has to fast for 7 days nko? He will murder her during his fast abi?
i am jst saying
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 10:19am On Jan 29, 2015
How do we know if you are who you say you are and your very existence is not a lie? grin
check my blog www.lifetitudes.com its all about inspirational real life stories. I dont have to cook up stories just to get people to read, if its fiction i will state so!

Sunkyphil:
ao am i sure the story is not cooked up
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 10:21am On Jan 29, 2015
I know you are, just cant wrap my head around it. If its true then lesson number one in relationships should be "always have food ready for your man if you dont want some violence" grin

bundur:

i am jst saying
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Tashaamania(f): 10:30am On Jan 29, 2015
The "weed" part is quite disturbing tho..

but I still dont think weed is the cause of his been violent, I think hes got temper issues.. I dont know how to advice people to leave their relationships tho, but a woman beater is a no-go area if you cherish your life..he would never change. Its either you manage him or you quit it.

2 Likes

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by mirexxx(f): 10:38am On Jan 29, 2015
run!!!!!

4 ya dear life! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by bundur(m): 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lifetitudes:
I know you are, just cant wrap my head around it. If its true then lesson number one in relationships should be "always have food ready for your man if you dont want some violence" grin

gbam
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lifetitudes:
Sad that you think i be forming stories to gain popularity. Sadder still that you had to bring in a Biblical character to buttress your point. Now walking away from you and your negativity.
wow...seems my comment pissed u off. ..sorry op i was just telling the truth.. there are lots of fake bloggers on NL

Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by harrysterol(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Onota:

am with u on this too
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
Its alright jare . I realise that one should expect punches when venturing into the social sphere. tongue
kallmemrB:
wow...seems my comment pissed u off. ..sorry op i was just telling the truth.. there are lots of fake bloggers on NL
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 12:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
Pele. Keep being with him on it. You are in a one-chance bus. grin
harrysterol:
am with u on this too
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by harrysterol(m): 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lifetitudes:
Pele. Keep being with him on it. You are in a one-chance bus. grin
we will reach the destination grin
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by Lifetitudes(f): 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
While you are on this journey, please visit my blog www.lifetitudes.com and tell me what you really think.
harrysterol:
we will reach the destination grin
Re: Abuse Before Marriage, Should I Leave?????? by harrysterol(m): 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lifetitudes:
While you are on this journey, please visit my blog www.lifetitudes.com and tell me what you really think.
good

(1) (Reply)

Took Pictures With Few Bikini Girls By The Poolside Today. NSFW PICS / Could This Be Love? PHOTO / Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.