Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,639 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

PDP Lures Bayelsa Voters With Kerosene( Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Lures Bayelsa Voters With Kerosene( Photo) (348 Views)

Oil Bunkerers Arrested For Mixing Original Diesel With Kerosene In Lagos (Photos / APC Entices Voters With Bread In Ondo State / APC Woos Edo Voters With Akara, PDP Reacts (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Lures Bayelsa Voters With Kerosene( Photo) by helinues: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Several political support groups within the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] in Bayelsa, including the Women for Change Initiative, promoted by the first lady, Patience Jonathan, on Thursday hijacked the Kero Correct Initiative of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, as an electioneering tool aimed at garnering support for President Goodluck Jonathan.
Addressing thousands, who gathered at the NNPC Mega Station, some officials of various PDP support groups took turns to openly campaign.
They also declared that the kerosene was from Mr. Jonathan and the Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke.
A special line was created for PDP leaders at various levels as well as Women for Change Initiative, which sent a retinue of officials to oversee the kerosene sales at N50 to lure the poor.
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (nnpc) commences sale of kerosene at n50 per liter under the kero correct initiative in bayelsa on thursday (29/1/15).
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (nnpc) commences sale of kerosene at n50 per liter under the kero correct initiative in bayelsa on thursday (29/1/15).
The pump attendants dispensed 25 litres to each beneficiary whilst the crowd surged and occupied every available space at the filling station.
However, police officers deployed to ensure order were seen helping themselves to several jerry cans of kerosene while thousands remained under the scorching sun for hours on end without a drop of the elusive cheap kerosene.
Some elderly women in their 70s lamented that they had been under the sun for hours without getting the product.
“This is sheer deception,” Jemimah Ekio said. “I was told that kerosene was available but with this crowd, there is no way I can have the strength to wait for it. The suffering is too much. If I knew that it would be like this, I would not have bothered coming out. I have been under the sun for hours and did not buy. I am tired.”
EmailPrint

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/175885-pdp-lures-bayelsa-voters-kerosene.html

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Putting Campaign Adverts On Incomplete Highway Light / YABATECH Gives Students 22 Days Holiday To Participate In 2015 Elections / Why Gej's Government Is D Most Corrupt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.