Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,698 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:30 AM

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka (38955 Views)

Nigerian Nation In Disarray Because Of Goodluck Jonathan, Says Prophet Nwoko / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by denitro(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2015
The same article can be written of Jerry Rawlings of Ghana. Yet he is valued as the best president Ghana
ever had.
With the level of corruption in Nigeria I will prefer a Buhari to clean up the system for 4 years
and then vote in another after his 4 years than to vote in GEJ and continue this mess for
another 4 years.

N.B: After all, its only the corrupt politicians that will be dealt with if Buhari comes into power.
What have we gained from GEJ this 6 years:
Power - As useless as ever
Security - Boko Haram reigns supreme
Jobs - Hmmmm
Education - Useless
Corruption - A1

We need change..
Nigerians should stop resisting change.
Democratic rule and Military rule are 2 different ball game.

Buhari in a democratic environment is what we need.
My 2 cents
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 30, 2015
Jarus:
Tell me someone that WS does not have problem with.

Obasanjo
Buhari
Jonathan

And are those three good politicians? Those three are evil and that is why I will not walk close to the polling booth on valentine's day. The professor is right.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Bawss1(m): 10:08am On Jan 30, 2015
"To deprive a people of volition in their own political direction is to turn a nation into a colony of slaves. "

That is the crime that looms behind Buhari to this day. Add to that his unrepentant attitude about his dictatorial regime and you have the one major reason I do not support Buhari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Popemax(m): 10:09am On Jan 30, 2015
Buhari is a dead man.......This will bring him down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by goldman777: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2015
gej govt reminds me of d abacha administration wen abacha bribed all d parties to declare him sole candidate like gej did in a so cald democratic pdp,pls wher is d democracy.wen gej force policemen to harrass national assembly members in d house of assembly is dis. democracy,gej has shown signs of wat he will become if u give him second term he will fully unleash his dictatorship since der nothin for him to lose anymore,nigerians abeg we nid change of govt we cant continue to pour petrol. inside fire dat burns our country nigeria.sai buhari for new life in naija
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Don11673: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2015
Why should I read all that? Too much na
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by koseepaaro(m): 10:11am On Jan 30, 2015
To say the truth, it`s only "olooraye" that can read the article from beginning to the end. Haba!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by hotgunz(m): 10:12am On Jan 30, 2015
You all re seekin summary na so una take fail for exam lookin for short cut d write up s very educating. If to say na " how to date a woman" una for read even if it's 1000 page.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by tuasefemi(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2015
when the desirable refuses to be available nko?
Sai Buhari!

GEJ is far way less desirable... FeBuhari 14th, here we come!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Tsanyawa: 10:13am On Jan 30, 2015
SAI Buhari come FeBuhari
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Annorge: 10:17am On Jan 30, 2015
kingthreat:
This is an old article written around 2007. Exactly how I felt about Buhari in 2003/2007. But now he seems like the best person to manage the madness, cluelessness, mediocriity and corruption eating this country everyday. Even Soyinka himself had to be stranded on the hold-up for several hours because of the illiterate first lady was in Lagos. Now he knows better.

Sai Buhari
Change is what we deserve
No to incompetent leadership
No to thieves in power
Yes for the better future of we and our children
God bless Nigeria
exactly how u felt about him then, but now with all sincerity, can you tell us what has changed about him, because I haven't heard anything good about this man called buhari, I'll love to know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by appini: 10:18am On Jan 30, 2015
Any Nigerian above 30 years and want to vote for this clown called Buhari must be suffering from bipolar mental disorder.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by zydcode1(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2015
:Pi jux read through.....in three words.....PDP for PRESIDENT.....if boko haram distroys the north...well...they use their hands to kill theirselves...this is democracy and not booharicracy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by lagdmark(m): 10:19am On Jan 30, 2015
What the prof. Simply implies is buhari has expired and cannot effect any meaningful change in the current world economy and politics. In short , buhari should be useful if he is a Farmer and help advice the Fulani cattle rearers to embrace peace in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by emeka2847: 10:19am On Jan 30, 2015
Story! Grammar!

APC and Buhari are above fiction writing!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by emeka2847: 10:21am On Jan 30, 2015
appini:
Any Nigerian above 30 years and want to vote for this clown called Buhari must be suffering from bipolar mental disorder.

Rubbish!
How old are you?
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by kingthreat(m): 10:21am On Jan 30, 2015
Annorge:
exactly how u felt about him then, but now with all sincerity, can you tell us what has changed about him, because I haven't heard anything good about this man called buhari, I'll love to know

You only see what your eyes want to see and hear what your ears want to hear. I am too busy to want to change that.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by pat077: 10:22am On Jan 30, 2015
that epistle na sleeping pill.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by hermesprogidy(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2015
This man should go and sit down jaare!!!! Speak lengthy grammar all you want, Buhari is still the man of the moment. We need him for just one term. Sai Buhari cool cool cool cool
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by peterafolayan(m): 10:23am On Jan 30, 2015
l cannot read your long grammer but in summary this is my believe "from Otuoke to Benin City, to Lagos, to
Ekpoma, to Iyahmo, to Sokoto, to Abuja, to Adamawa,to Niger kerosene is
now between N150 and N160 per litre. For
every N150 you spend in buying a litre of
kerosene, the PDP steals N100 because in the
books of the NNPC, they have it on records
that kerosene is N50 per litre.”
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by lokito: 10:27am On Jan 30, 2015
If Buhari gets to read this article, he won't even understand whether the Nobel winner is abusing him or supporting him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by bigtt76(f): 10:27am On Jan 30, 2015
When the military came on board 31st December 1983 ...it was in response to the people's cry against the then government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari. Major General Muhammadu Buhari was saddled with the task of seeing the change through. He himself was given the boot 20 months later and the rest is history.

32 years later the clamor once again is against another civilian regime and history trying to repeat itself has now placed Buhari in the pole position to see this through ....will history once again repeat itself after Buhari ascends power? Only time will tell grin
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Optional2(f): 10:27am On Jan 30, 2015
Chai dis story 2 long abeg summarise am 4 dose wey no dy sch dy do exam na exam candidate fit read dis story.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by datguru: 10:28am On Jan 30, 2015
felifeli:

Typical Buhari people. Go school , read book , you no gree . Na only to shout SAI BUHARI like molue conductor at Oshodi dem sabi. grin grin grin

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by knowme(m): 10:29am On Jan 30, 2015
I have said it and will repeat it Nairaland is against change or the admins, why do articles that were published in 2007 now being brought to the fore ? and the funny thing is they make the headlines so quickly? I thought we were going to have a fair hearing as all of us belong here ? I have seen articles that should help the image of Buhari being left until one searches for them but anything that dents his image makes the front page even if its an old one, not nice at all, and truthfully I think even Soyinka after seeing what Jonathan has turned Nigeria into with his Nebuchadnezzar kind of leadership will prefer the change we are all looking for, so all you that do not want change should do your bit as we will do ours and at the end of the day all things being equal the one with the majority carry the day.
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 30, 2015
Who bleeping cares about absolute rights in Nigeria? If Nigerian citizens do not give damn why should you and I care. undecided
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by solarview(m): 10:30am On Jan 30, 2015
words of our elders are words of wisdom...This part caught my attention most.

Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition.

[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by macdelene(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2015
agoadiv:
You and who is going to read all dat? angry undecided

my dear i beg read ooo. u might learn from it. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 30, 2015
Epistle 4 gods! GMB till d clueless confesses that STEALING IS CORRUPTION!
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by tunery004(m): 10:32am On Jan 30, 2015
How old is dis post, dis was written way back in 2007, why is it making front page today? Propaganda. Even Wole knows d truth about Nebuchadenezer now. Buhari is not the best for the country but he is d best available option. Am not voting Buhari but am Voting out Jonathan and cluelessness
Re: The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka by fharmah(m): 10:32am On Jan 30, 2015
felifeli:

Typical Buhari people. Go school , read book , you no gree . Na only to shout SAI BUHARI like molue conductor at Oshodi dem sabi. grin grin grin
u r a joona# swear down say u self read dah stuff finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Atiku: EU Speaks On Preferred Presidential Candidate / Ben Kalu Visits Bola Tinubu (Photos) / #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.