Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest (1005 Views)

The Decoration Of The Venue For Tompolo's 46th Birthday Lecture (Photos) / Jonathan Okays Oil Jobs For Tompolo, Fasehun, Others / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Anasko(m): 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
JANUARY 29, 2015 BY FIDELIS SORIWEI, ABUJA
38 Comments
The Special Adviser to the President on Niger
Delta, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, has faulted the call by a
former Minister of Defence, Lt. Gen. Theophilus
Danjuma(retd.), for the arrest of ex-militant
leaders of the Niger Delta over their alleged threat
to go to war if President Goodluck Jonathan loses
the next election.
He said the leader of the defunct Niger Delta
Peoples Volunteer Force, Mujahadeen Dokubo-
Asari, who issued the threat after a meeting with
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State, where
Kuku was present, spoke his “personal opinion.”
Kuku, who is the Chairman, Presidential Amnesty
Programme, said the former Defence Minister got
it wrong as the meeting, which held in Yenagoa,
Bayelsa State, was called to ensure the
prevalence of peace in the society rather than a
forum to threaten violence.
He said the former militant leaders were invited to
Yenagoa to hold talks on how to handle the
tension caused by the recent attacks on the
President in Katsina and Bauchi states during the
ongoing presidential campaigns in those states.
He faulted Danjuma for rushing to the media to
call for the arrest of Dokubo, Tompolo and others
rather than seeking clarification on what
transpired at the meeting.
According to him, the meeting became necessary
in view of the threat by some Niger Delta youths
to retaliate the attack on the President in the two
northern states.
Kuku added, “The meeting, which was called by a
governor, could not have called for war. Only a
section of the media heard Asari calling for war.
We called the meeting of all ex-militants who
were preparing to respond to the alleged attack of
Jonathan in Katsina and Bauchi.
“They were about to react but we held the
meeting to douse the tension. We tried to explain
to them that what they heard happened in
Katsina and Bauchi was untrue. It is true that
Asari was angry and had threatened to fight
back.
“I advised the other agitators not to react. What
Asari said was his personal opinion. I read the
resolution and there was no call for war in the
communique read.
“There was nothing like calling for war during the
meeting; I’m sure Danjuma did not get his facts
right. I will call him and explain the situation of
things to him.”
Kuku challenged leaders in the North to take the
bold decision to come out against the members
of the Boko Haram sect, stressing that the fear of
the military uniform would not stop terrorists
attacks in the area.
“The North Eastern leaders, former heads of state,
governors, senators, political leaders must come
out against Boko Haram. They are the only
people that can come out to say enough is
enough.
“People fear the military uniform but it does not
stop terrorists attack. When leaders play politics
with insurgency, they will not see the end of it,”
he added

http://www.punchng.com/news/kuku-faults-danjumas-call-for-tompolo-dokubos-arrest/
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
Kingsley Kuku is an ediot! He also should be relieved of his ministerial post. Supporting a militant because he is from your ethnic group makes both of you culpable of threatening the existence of this country.
Not your fault though,the blame goes to Jonathan!

1 Like

Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by BokoHaramm: 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:
Kingsley Kuku is an ediot! He also should be relieved of his ministerial post. Supporting a militant because he is from your ethnic group makes both of you culpable of threatening the existence of this country.
I can still remember vividly where Amaechi and APC threatened to form a parrallel govt if they lose in 2015.
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by BokoHaramm: 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
TY Danjuma is one of the problem of nigeria.
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thank you Kuku. Though you guys are misbehaving but this your clarification makes sense. However, you and your co-Jonathan employees/touts must not do anything stupid or desecrate our land. The People will decide who leads them. Ijaw nation have no reason to vote Jonathan, instead we should support Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Djicemob: 11:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:
Have you ever made a sensible post devoid of insult before? No offense undecided
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is the height of government irresponsibility and decay! I can't believe this, people who are supposed to uphold the highest laws in the land are the ones breaking it before our very eyes. Imagine a sitting government voicing out support for militancy and disparaging comments that will lead to war. i come to ask my self, does gej have his best interest at heart for me? imagine someone telling me he is going to fight me, and the government who is suppose to protect me is telling me the aggressor has a personal view to make. this is crazy
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Zeezy99: 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
Below is a picture of former Australian Prime minister Julia Gillard getting stoned by angry protesters, hell did not brake loose cos Australians understand that bad leaders should be rebuked. GEJ is a bad leader and there is nothing wrong in ppl venting their anger on him. It happens in civilized countries too
https://www.nairaland.com/856774/shocking-australian-prime-minister-stoned

1 Like

Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
berem:

your blood dey hot. no need to be angry with them. lets approach them with civility

Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Kingley Kuku is a crook ex-militants accused him of diverting proceeds from the Amnesty Program to set up Air Peace Airlines fronted by Allen Onyeama who gets most of the contracts under the Program from Kingley Kuku. When Buhari comes to power he will seize the airline and return the proceeds to the treasury and also jail Kingley Kuku.
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
...that's a matured man clearing the airways!
still on the matter; the media is the cause of chaos in the country!we no get journalists for this Nigeria! we only have certified aproko .
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
BokoHaramm:
I can still remember vividly where Amaechi and APC threatened to form a parrallel govt if they lose in 2015.
Lagos is already practicing such system oh! study their ways and you will notice.
Re: Kuku Faults Danjuma’s Call For Tompolo,dokubo’s Arrest by Williamso(m): 3:36am On Jan 30, 2015
BokoHaramm:

They threatened to form a parallel government if the election is rigged while Asari is threatening violence if GEJ loses whether fairly or not. Get the difference?

While Amaechi's utterance isn't appropriate, we cannot (should not) continue living with the notion that a bad thing said/done by someone justifies a similar or worse action by another.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan And PDP Rigging Will Fail In 2015:FFK 2014 / The Supreme Court Sinc Barred The Military From Providing Security For Elections / Tight Lexus GX 460

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.