Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Stop Using Ajasin For Smear Campaign Against Buhari -family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Using Ajasin For Smear Campaign Against Buhari -family (462 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / Buhari’s Family Disowns Zahra, Mohammed Indimi’s "Pre-Wedding Photos" / Presidency Speaks About Presence Of Buhari’s Family In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Using Ajasin For Smear Campaign Against Buhari -family by matsala: 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
The family of the late Afenifere leader and first civilian governor of Ondo State, late Chief Adekunle Ajasin, has cautioned the Peoples Democratic Party against using their fathers name as a campaign smear against the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
The Ajasin family also said they had forgiven Muhammadu Buhari over the arrest of their father under his military administration in 1984.
Speaking on behalf of the family, Chief Tokunbo Ajasin, said in Akure on Thursday that his father forgave Buhari before his death.
Tokunbo therefore cautioned politicians particularly those seeking for elective positions to base their campaigns on issues rather than using his father’s name to campaign against the progressives which he (Ajasin) belonged to when he was alive.
Chief Tokumbo said there was no any judicial pronouncement or ruling under Buhari’s government where his father was sentenced to prison or indicted
“It will be totally wrong for anybody to say that Gen. Buhari jailed my father. No that is not correct. It was true that my father was detained under Gen. Buhari’s military regime along with other former governors in Nigeria and two panels of enquiry were consequently set-up to look into the allegations against my father and others, but the panels found my father innocent and exonerated him as well.
“What Buhari did then was part of military policies and tradition. Though many Nigerians were not happy with that but my father had since forgiven Buhari before his demise.
“Let me also tell you that as far as the issue is concerned, the family of Ajasin had forgiven Buhari as well. Because as Christians we should learn and exhibit the spirit of forgiveness always. The Bible says, father forgive us as we forgive those who offend us,” he stated.
Chief Ajasin said he met Buhari at a function sometime ago and happily embraced each other indicating that all was well.
According to him, himself and his sister, Mrs. Jumoke Anifowose, were part of the crowd that received Gen. Muhammadu Buhari and Prof. Yemi Osinbajo at the Akure airport during his presidential campaign rally in ondo State .
Also the Ondo State Coordinator of Buhari/Osinbajo presidential campaign, Mr. Ife Oyedele, accused the PDP of unduly capitalizing on the Buhari/Ajasin saga to score cheap political points.
He said APC as a progressive party should be more concerned about the welfare of Ajasin’s family than the PDP that is antagonistic of the interest of the Yoruba race.
“You cannot cry more than the bereaved. We are happy that the Ajasin family has come to clear the air on this issue,” Oyedele said.
Source:
http://www.punchng.com/news/stop-using-ajasin-for-smear-campaign-against-buhari-family/
Re: Stop Using Ajasin For Smear Campaign Against Buhari -family by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is bigger than you Ajasins. It is what the action reveals about the man Buhari.
Re: Stop Using Ajasin For Smear Campaign Against Buhari -family by teemanbastos(m): 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mimiko will be sad with dis.
Hehehe.
Another PDP lie exposed.. !!
AIT hope u'v ceen dese.
PDP=PEOPLES' DECEIVING PARTY.
Tho we can never be deceived.
Re: Stop Using Ajasin For Smear Campaign Against Buhari -family by BokoHaramm: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
I trust this ones to come back and recant everything they said when GEJ wins.
Re: Stop Using Ajasin For Smear Campaign Against Buhari -family by Zeezy99: 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
Unfortunately GEJ thinks Buhari is his problem hence the character assassination, not realizing that whatever he accuses Buhari of doing, he himself has done worst ten fold. A president that has abandoned chibok girls and is cluelesly watching watching insurgents slaughter thousands of his own ppl on daily basis yet is accusing someone else of human right violations! #clueless

(1) (Reply)

Poll on PVC collection / Bet Don’t Fight! Nairabet Turns February 14 Election Into Gamble Game / Sambo Says PDP More Muslim Friendly Than APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.