Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

'police Is Your Friend'? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'police Is Your Friend'? (1091 Views)

When The Inspector General Is Your Friend (hilarious Photos) / Why The Nigerian Police Is So Ineffective: A Policeman Narrates / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'police Is Your Friend'? by cecegorz(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2015
I've been hearing of police brutality and accidental discharges from a distance till it happened to me.
Let me share my experience here for our collective learning.
It's something you don't want to ever experience.

One Sunday afternoon that I was following a '99 Camry which was in turn following a CR-V on a regular street in Surulere.
All of a sudden, the CR-V cleared while the Camry caught up, stopping by it's side, and blocked me that is behind him, while the occupants of both cars began to exchange discussions right on the road.
I horned again, waited, no response! And I was wondering why two adults will not give other road users the courtesy of pulling out clearly off the road to have their discussions.

As my anger increased, I stepped up horning, and then the Camry sluggishly moved up a bit, I accelerated and overtook him, then made the biggest mistake of the day by blocking him in protest that they should tell me why they've been wasting my time, blocking the road that was actually built by my tax! You know Fashola no dey play on his collections?

What happened next was like a poorly directed Nollywood, with my humble self as the lead actor, only that this time, the s**t was REAL!
Two gun wielding maniancs jerked their doors open and jumped out, pointing their guns at me and shouting on top of their voices, and my first reaction was 'jeeez!, I don enter armed robbers trap'

"We are police men and we have been tracking some armed robbers in this vicinity, do you want to die?'

On hearing that, I was relieved a bit that oh, they are after all not armed robbers but Police, 'my friends'
As my windows are tinted, I quickly wound down so they can see that I don't have any AK47, neither do I have any other occupants with loaded Uzzis, then I kept my hands on the steering to make it visible and clear that I wasn't about to act Jack Bauer.

me: 'No Sir! I don't want to die! Sorry sir!
'Come down!!!' "who you be sef'!!!

As the barrage of shouting and death bearing nozzles menacingly pointing at me, I got down still pleading for mercy on idiots that should be apologising for blocking my way unnecessarily. (Remember, they neither had any uniform, nor any police insignia on them for identification)

Men, at this time I had to apologise my way to life first, because dead men tell no tales (With their blood shot eyes and hyper activity, only God knows what they've been ingesting all mornings)

Then, in a split second that I looked away, Baam! on my mouth, Dude gave me a Tyson-esque punch, and a huge blister formed immediately on mu upper lip with a pencil line blood dripping slowly.

As I turned to find out what happened, another one landed below my eyes, another blister!
In my mind I said wow! Now I know what they call police brutality? On a broad day light? In the centre of excellence?
With my vision blurred with blistered, bloody face, I reached out for my handkerchief for succour while still pleading to ensure there was no ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE.

Finally, they calmed down, lowered their nozzles with warnings that I should allow the Police to do their work.
You need to see my affirmative nodding, at least the angel of death has passed over!
As I drove away to get an ice pack to bind the blisters, one thing kept ringing in my mind, So this is how these lawless men waste the lives of our citizens for no just cause? - Meanwhile they say 'POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND'?

1 Like

Re: 'police Is Your Friend'? by chiwob(m): 10:03am On Jan 30, 2015
grin grin Omg
Re: 'police Is Your Friend'? by skillzbae(f): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2015
Bhahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahahah. O. M. G. Im sorry but this is so funny. Sorry ooo, police is ur frnd
Re: 'police Is Your Friend'? by buccal(m): 10:39am On Jan 30, 2015
grin This shld be in jokes section. Guns making the proud humble since 1960
Re: 'police Is Your Friend'? by cecegorz(m): 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
buccal:
grin This shld be in jokes section. Guns making the proud humble since 1960

Lol.
Trying to horn my fiction writing skills bro.
I could be the next Sydney Sheldon you know wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Making Up His Wrinkled Face: Photos / BREAKING: Protest In Abuja Against The Elections Postponement (pictures) / Buhari's 2011 Inciting Statements That Led To Violence! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.