Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo (26161 Views)

Relative Missing Since 2008, Please Help (Photo) / Man Places ‘magun’ On Wife, Tumbles Twice After Falling Victim / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by Austin234(m): 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
May God bless dis hospital 4 treating an accident victim even b4 d relations are seen. Quick recovery in Jesus name. Amen
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by tete7000(m): 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
mgbeketoto:

Da tin wey dey for that man nose nor be wetin dem dey take treat pesin wey dey for 'coma' o! wink

Uhmm! Na wa for you o
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by euellgong(m): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
I hope that they find them
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by Jhayeahsam01(m): 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
You shal come back to normal life ijn
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by mgbeketoto: 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
tete7000:

Uhmm! Na wa for you o

Na lie I tok? cheesy
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by nkkystel(f): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
Thank God he's alive!
Be healed in Jesus name.
Amen!
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by loomer: 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
THIS IS ONE REASON ID CARDS ARE USEFUL.

GOD IS UR STRENGTH
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
mgbeketoto:

A person in a COMA has adequate respiratory functioning? shocked
When the brain is not working properly? shocked
I hope you are not a 'NATIVE DOCTOR' o? cheesy
People wey dey coma need artificial airway o!!! embarassed

This na the CHANGE we una dey talk about for Naija? cheesy

Na Fashola 'HOSPITAL' be dis? shocked
Respiration is a passive action and the nerve that supply the muscles of respiration needn't send afference to the brain, they discharge continuosly, this is when respiration is passive and involuntary. But when its active, when the patient is in obvious respiratory distress and the external intercostals are employed thats when you intubate and give oxygen at high pressures. Thank me later.
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by mgbeketoto: 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
chimoz:

Respiration is a passive action and the nerve that supply the muscles of respiration needn't send afference to the brain, they discharge continuosly, this is when respiration is passive and involuntary. But when its active, when the patient is in obvious respiratory distress and the external intercostals are employed thats when you intubate and give oxygen at high pressures. Thank me later.

Please, how adequate is the respiratory mechanism in a comatose patient, enough to maintain the basic ventilation/perfusion ratio compatible a living organism such as a human being? undecided

The respiration are SHALLOW at best. Did you say PASSIVE AND INVOLUNTARY? cheesy
What a HUGE JOKE!
That your passive and involuntary kind of breathing is not enough to keep any pulmonary vessel well oxynated. . . .Not to mention THE BRAIN CELLS!!!

Reasons?
1. Not enough pressures.
2. Not enough volumes.

Have you ever heard of 'head cooling' therapy aka HYPOTHERMIA in unconscious patients?
It is used to reduce swelling in the brain AND PREVENT COMPLICATIONS FROM INTRA-CRANIAL HEMORRHAGE!
One of the of the KEY requirement is the establishment of an artificial airway.

OBVIOUSLY, life-saving measures stops at BASIC LIFE SUPPORT(BLS) in NIGERIA as that picture shows.
Please, upgrade to (ADVANCED CARDIAL LIFE SUPPORT)ACLS. . . FOR TRUAMA VICTIMS.
It is expensive. . .and WE know IT IS NOT A PRIORITY TO ANY LOOTOCRATIC minister of DEATH anywhere in NIGERIA.
That picture is a disgrace!

If I were the family members. . . I WOULD NOT COME FORWARD.
The funeral would have been done and over with as soon as we saw that 'pitiful' picture.
THAT MAN IS DEAD! kiss

You are welcome IN ADVANCE! kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
mgbeketoto:

Please, how adequate is the respiratory mechanism in a comatose patient, enough to maintain the basic ventilation/perfusion ratio compatible a living organism such as a human being? undecided

The respiration are SHALLOW at best.

Have you ever heard of 'head cooling' therapy in unconscious patients?
It is used to reduce swelling in the brain.
One of the of the KEY requirement is the establishment of an artificial airway.

OBVIOUSLY, life-saving measures stops at BASIC CPR in NIGERIA as that picture shows.
Please, upgrade to ACLS. . . FOR TRUAMA VICTIMS.
It is expensive. . .and WE know IT IS NOT A PRIORITY TO ANY LOOTOCRATIC minister of health and DEATH anywhere in NIGERIA.

You are welcome IN ADVANCE! kiss kiss kiss
Lets forget this stuff, Which hospital do you work in?
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by mgbeketoto: 11:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
chimoz:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL8We4Kme7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0UQKo7zpE

PRESBY-PROUD!!!! cool
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by ifyalways(f): 11:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
chimoz:

Lmao. cheesy

Oga been want pose with small biology knowledge and google doctor, not knowing he was arguing with a thorough bred. See as he quickly back track cheesy

1 Like

Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by naijafresh: 11:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
chimoz:

Minimum standard of care for any patient in a coma with a head injury is intubation and ventilation period.

In a brain damaged patient or patient in a coma, there is no way of knowing whether the respiratory centre of the brain is intact or not ie functioning properly, that is why they are intubated (breathing tube) and ventilated till they show signs of waking up, this is tested on a daily basis amongst other parameters of life.

However, I don't expect this patient to be ventilated as the resources are simply not available in Nigeria, this is unfortunately best possible care
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by Ameboperoo(m): 7:59am On Jan 31, 2015
naijafresh:

However, I don't expect this patient to be ventilated as the resources are simply not available in Nigeria, this is unfortunately best possible care
May God help us in naija.
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
ifyalways:

Lmao. cheesy

Oga been want pose with small biology knowledge and google doctor, not knowing he was arguing with a thorough bred. See as he quickly back track cheesy
Am a doctor too, A surgery resident. I simply chose not to overlabour the Argument. ....BTW she is a nurse.
Re: St Nicholas Hospital Lagos In Search Of Accident Victim’s Relative - Photo by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
mgbeketoto:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL8We4Kme7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0UQKo7zpE

PRESBY-PROUD!!!! cool
So you aint in Nigeria, A nurse too. Anyway most emergencies I have handled, I used CPR.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father And Daughter Cry Together At Her Wedding (Photos) / Akashat Ny'mat Reacts To Sokoto Teenage Couple: 17-Year-Old & 15-Year-Old / Lady Gets A Car As Gift From Husband On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.