Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. (3595 Views)

Does Tramadol Invalidate Fast During Ramadan ? / Does Concept Of Abrogation Invalidate Quran As The Word Of God? / Revelation: The Mystery Of Heaven And Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
The Qur’an claims to be the eternal
Revelation of God. If true, how can an
eternal Book of Allah have such time-
bound revelations in it? The Qur’an itself admits that some of its verses were abrogated and replaced by others
verses.

To abrogate means to abolish, annul,
rescind, repeal or revoke. The Qur’an is
the only religious book that abrogates its own teachings. The concept of abrogation in the Qur’an is that Allah reveals a verse in the Qur’an that invalidates an earlier verse in the same Qur’an. This may lead to numerous difficulties for the readers of the Qur’an. In fact, it raises many questions. For example:

1. How can a Muslim know what is
abrogated and what is not?
2. Since the abrogated verses still exist
in the Qur’an, what is the use of
these abrogated verses for Muslims
now?
3. Would not this pose a problem for
the ordinary readers of the Qur’an to
verify what is abrogated and what is
not?
4. How would an average Muslim know
what is abrogated and what is not,
when even scholar disagree among
themselves as to the numbers of
verses that are abrogated?

However, if the Qur’an is the genuine
Word of God, then the commandments
written in it must by no means be
abrogated. Its contents must remain
intact and its messages unchanged. And
amazingly Allah agrees:

Surah 6:115: “The word of your Lord
is complete, in truth and justice.
Nothing shall abrogate His words.
He is the Hearer, the
Omniscient.” (Khalifa)
In other word, nothing can change is word. However, note the contradiction in Surah 2:106:

“Whatever verse we shall abrogate,
or cause (thee) to forget, we will
bring a better one than it, or one
like unto it. Dost thou not know that
God is almighty?” (Sale)

The concept of “abrogation” in the
Qur’an is that Allah reveals a latter verse that both supersedes and annuls an earlier verse in the same Qur’an.
Abrogation means to annul or cancel
something with appropriate or legal
authority. In this case, the authority is
none other than Allah himself. Surah
2:106 is central to the doctrine of
abrogation that is taught in Islam. Why
does an all-wise God need to reveal
“better” or “similar” verses to replace
verses that he had inspired only a few
years or even days earlier? Surah 2:106
is clearly making the claim that Allah will change and cause the older verses to be forgotten by revealing better verses or verses similar in kind. To emphasize the point, Allah states that he has power over all things.

The quran is disorderly chronological arrange One example of the disorderly chronology is that Surahs 2:193, 2:216 and 2:217 were revealed at the beginning of Muhammad’s arrival in
Medina. And it took another six years to
reveal Surahs 2:190, 2:191 and 2:192. Yet Surah 2:193 (which was revealed six
years earlier) was inserted to follow
Surah 2:192. How could it then be known which contradicting verses were the more authoritative? Without context and chronology, the “abrogated” and
“abrogator” verses render the entire
Qur’an irrelevant. For example, if one
verse encourages slavery and another
condemns it, which is to be believed and followed?
Truly there is a lot of questions we need to ask, the quran is not the word of God.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by delishpot: 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Make dem catch you.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
Wat is dis one saying?
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by truthman2012(m): 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
fassybky:
Wat is dis one saying?

He is saying the quran is manipulations.

1 Like

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by abbeycial: 2:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
Dear OP,stop ridiculing yourself, the holy Quran has been perfected by ALLAH nd no confused or diabolic minded human or jinn can lead d righteous astray.

it can't happen,even d devil himself wld laff at u.

1 Like

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by truthman2012(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
abbeycial:
Dear OP,stop ridiculing yourself, the holy Quran has been perfected by ALLAH nd no confused or diabolic minded human or jinn can lead d righteous astray.

it can't happen,even d devil himself wld laff at u.

What do you call 'perfected' by allah? Do you mean allah reversing his own revelations to deceive mankind?

1 Like

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 7:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
truthman2012:

What do you call 'perfected' by allah? Do you mean allah reversing his own revelations to deceive mankind?
hey bro, good evening, I was ban, thanks be to God am back.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by truthman2012(m): 9:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
malvisguy212:
hey bro, good evening, I was ban, thanks be to God am back.

Thank God o!
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by tartar9(m): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2015
list the verses that were invalidated.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 01, 2015
tartar9:
long time no bashing ma bro, how come muhammed bleeped and raped a 9 years old grl, and ya don't see anytin wrong wif it? How come he did thighing wif her at d age of 6? How come saudi king married close to 30 wives more than muhammed and more than d koran stipulated and u didn't call for his head? Buh ya seee poor people like ya die for d law while d rich remix d law. Open ya eyes to reality boi.

1 Like

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by tartar9(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
long time no bashing ma bro, how come muhammed bleeped and raped a 9 years old grl, and ya don't see anytin wrong wif it? How come he did thighing wif her at d age of 6? How come saudi king married close to 30 wives more than muhammed and more than d koran stipulated and u didn't call for his head? Buh ya seee poor people like ya die for d law while d rich remix d law. Open ya eyes to reality boi.
simply answer d question
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 01, 2015
tartar9:
simply answer d question
lol, ya can't even defend ya prophet, well d only way he told ya to defend him is to kill d person dat wanna know y he raped a child. Buh thank God we can never meet. Lol, ma bro am only trying to open ya eyes to see dat islam is false. Ya won't see it cos ya ve bin brain wash, will leave ya wif dis question. Why did muhammed raped a 9 years old child?
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
tartar9:
to begin with, why not start from the verse the op quote from;in Surah 6:115 it say NOTHING CAN CHANGE MY WORD (Allah will not abrogate his revelation)

And in Surah 2:106: Allah change his word, he replace revelation with another revelation.

HOW CAN YOU RECONCILE IT?

2 Likes

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 48,
Number 823:

Narrated By ‘Aisha : The Prophet
heard a man (reciting Qur’an) in the
Mosque, and he said, “May Allah
bestow His Mercy upon him. No
doubt, he made me remember such-
and such Verses of such-and-such
Surah WHICH I DROPPED (from my
memory).

Muhammad forgot some verses and one
of his friends reminded him of them.
However, when there was no one to
remind him, he claimed that these
verses have been abrogated by Allah. We
saw this to be true previously when two
of his followers told him that they had
forgotten some of the verses which he
had taught them. Muhammad told them
that these verses “have been abrogated,
thus, forget about it.” In truth, the
doctrine of abrogation is nothing more
than an implicit admission that the
Qur’an contradicts itself. This is true
because a verse is considered to be
abrogated only when two verses cannot
be reconciled with each other. In other
words, when two verses in the Qur’an
contradict each other.

HERE WHAT THE TRUE GOD SAY;
Isaiah 40:8: “The green grass has
dried up, the blossom has withered;
but as for the word of our God, it
will last to time indefinite.”

Psalms 119:89: “To time indefinite,
O Jehovah, Your word is stationed in
the heavens.”

1 Peter 1:25: “But the saying of
Jehovah endures forever.”
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by Empiree: 4:28am On Feb 04, 2015
Okay, i see you posted this on the other thread seeking answer. Well, Muslims are humans just like you people. We are bound to have differences, in thought, conception, methodology, and even ideology. What does not change with Islam/Muslims is we all believe in the same Quran. Quran is one in its original Arabic text and that's it.

There is nothing like a verse was forgotten or removed from Quran. Quran is for past, present and future. It's a misconception among some Muslims (i:e their understandings). This is a matter of methodology. Those who believe there is or are missing verses from Quran got the wrong mandhab (methodology).

Look at it this way, if there were abrogated or missing verses in the Quran, it would have been impossible to have same copy of Quran worldwide in its original Arabic text. True or not?.

This is the verse of Qur'an that speaks of abrogation (2:106):

Sahih International
We do not abrogate a verse or cause it to be forgotten except that We bring forth [one] better than it or similar to it. Do you not know that Allah is over all things competent?

The verse does not in anyway refers to verses within Quran. It's talking about previous Signs (i:e ayat, verses) in Revelations like Torah of Moses and or Injil of Jesus). The Quran is only giving more information in the verse above. It may be contradiction if we accept such silly allegation(abrogation within Quran).

Quran frowns at contradictions within it in sura Nisa(4):82

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah , they would have found within it much contradiction.

In a nutshell, i am aware of some scholars who claim some verses of the Quran are abrogated or removed. This is not appropriate. I don't care how highly they are regarded. They are simply wrong in their interpretation of 2:106. Only Allah and His messanger (Muhammad- Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) have the right to tell us what is or what is not in the Quran. It doesnt matter what a hadith says. Any hadith that says otherwise is false. Hope this answer your question.

Allah knows best

Note, if you don't know something, it would be appropriate to ask rather than making jest of religious text all over NL like you guys are doing. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by truthman2012(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2015
@ Empiree and tartar9

The OP here is closely related to this one over which all muslims have been silent:

www.nairaland.com/2084448/islamic-lies-muslims-dont-want

What is your take?
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by truthman2012(m): 10:26am On Feb 04, 2015
Quran 2:106
We do not abrogate a verse or
cause it to be forgotten except
that We bring forth [one]
better than it or similar to it.
Do you not know that Allah is
over all things competent?

.....''except that We bring forth one better''. Who gave him the better ideas after he had made the earlier revelations to Muhammad if he is all-know God? The truth is that he was giving revelations to suit the prevailing situations. He was inconsistent and manipulative, the character of the Devil.

If he puts a better one, is that not a change? Yet he says his word cannot change. A liar that he is.

2 Likes

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
Empiree:
Okay, i see you posted this on the other thread seeking answer. Well, Muslims are humans just like you people. We are bound to have differences, in thought, conception, methodology, and even ideology. What does not change with Islam/Muslims is we all believe in the same Quran. Quran is one in its original Arabic text and that's it.

Now, to answer your question, ever since i was growing up, i never heard of any verse(s) was/were cancelled or abrogated from Quran. That's nonsense. There is nothing like a verse was forgotten or removed from Quran. Quran is for past, present and future. It's a misconception among some Muslims (i:e their understandings). This is a matter of methodology. Those who believe there is or are missing verses from Quran got the wrong mandhab (methodology).

Look at it this way, if there were abrogated or missing verses in the Quran, it will be impossible to have same copy of Quran worldwide in its original Arabic text. True or not?.

Sahih International

The verse does not in anyway refers to verses within Quran. It's talking about previous Signs (i:e ayat, verses) in Revelations like Torah of Moses and or Injil of Jesus). The Quran is only giving more information in the verse above. It may be contradiction if we accept such silly allegation(abrogation within Quran).

Quran deemphasizes contradictions within it in sura Nisa(4):82

In a nutshell, i am aware of some scholars who claim some verses of the Quran are abrogated or removed. This is not appropriate. I don't care how highly they are regarded. They are simply wrong in their interpretation of 2:106. Only Allah and His messanger (Muhammad- Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) have the right to tell us what is or what is not in the Quran. It doesnt matter what a hadith says. Any hadith that says otherwise is false. Hope this answer your question.

Allah knows best

Note, if you don't know something, it will be appropriate to ask rather than making jest of religious text all over NL like you guys are doing. Thank you
you have said nothing,the abrogate verses are still in the quran

Asbab al- Nuzul, p. 19, al-Suyuti wrote:
“Ibn ’Abbas himself said, ‘Sometimes
the revelation used to descend on
the prophet during the night and
then he forgot it during daytime,
thus God sent down this verse:
2:106.”

Empiree your lies has been exposed by this verse;
Surah 16:101: “And when We put a
revelation in place of (another)
revelation, – and Allah knoweth best
what He revealeth – they say: Lo!
THOU ART BUT INVENTING Most of them
know not.” (Pickthall)

This Qur’anic verse shows that a number of people living during the time of Muhammad were troubled at this
concept of abrogation. In response to. the claim that new revelations superseded the older ones, they said to Muhammad, “THOU ART BUT INVENTING MOST OF THEM.” And they are absolutely right. Your knowledge of the quran is weak or maby you just want to prevent the truth.this verses of abrogation was not talking about the scripture.

What happened to the other revelation? Why are the abrogate verses still in the quran? How can Muslim know which verses are abrogated? Even Muslim scholar argue about the abrogated verses.

1 Like

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Empiree:

Now, to answer your question, ever since i was growing up, i never heard of any verse(s) was/were cancelled or abrogated from Quran. That's nonsense. There is nothing like a verse was forgotten or removed from Quran. Quran is for past, present and future. It's a misconception among some Muslims (i:e their understandings). This is a matter of methodology. Those who believe there is or are missing verses from Quran got the wrong mandhab (methodology).

Look at it this way, if there were abrogated or missing verses in the Quran, it will be impossible to have same copy of Quran worldwide in its original Arabic text. True or not?.

Sahih International

Quran deemphasizes contradictions within it in sura Nisa(4):82

Allah knows best

Note, if you don't know something, it will be appropriate to ask rather than making jest of religious text all over NL like you guys are doing. Thank you

know not.” (Pickthall)

This Qur’anic verse shows that a number of people living during the time of Muhammad were troubled at this
concept of abrogation. In response to. the claim that new revelations superseded the older ones, they said to Muhammad, “THOU ART BUT INVENTING MOST OF THEM.” And they are absolutely right. Your knowledge of the quran is weak or maby you just want to prevent the truth.this verses of abrogation was not talking about the scripture.

What happened to the other revelation? Why are the abrogate verses still in the quran? How can Muslim know which verses are abrogated? Even Muslim scholar argue about the abrogated verses;

know not.” (Pickthall)

The people were confused of the abrogated verses so they told him ",HE WAS INVENTING most of it"

If the people of that time were confused of the abrogated verses what about nowadays Muslim? There confusion will have no limit. Only God can help them.

1 Like

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by Empiree: 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
malvisguy212:

Sorry mister. I cant help you. If you think there are abrogated verses then, deal with it. Otherwise argument will keep spinning in cycle
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
Empiree:

Sorry mister. I cant help you. If you think there are abrogated verses then, deal with it. Otherwise argument will keep spinning in cycle
sorry for your self, caused you are playing with your eternity.

Surah 13:39: “Allah makes to pass
away and ESTABLISHED WHAT HE
PLEASES, and with Him is the basis of
the BOOK.” (Shakir)

If Allah in the Qur’an manifests himself
as the arbitrary god who acts as he
pleases without even honoring his own
sayings, then he is acting in a way that is totally foreign to the truths taught in the Holy Bible. God does not change and neither does his teachings.

Malachi 3:6: “I am Jehovah and I do
not change.”
the heavens.”
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Allah prophecy failed, so he abrogate it with new ones;

Surah 8:65: “O Prophet! urge the
believers to war; if there are twenty
patient ones of you they shall
overcome two hundred, and if there
are a hundred of you they shall
overcome a thousand of those who
disbelieve, because they are a people
who do not understand.” (Shakir)

Allah prophesizes in no uncertain terms
that each Muslims warrior will be able to defeat by ten-fold the number of his
enemies – a ratio of 1 to 10. This is truly
an astounding feat. Since this is a
prophetic promise made by Allah to
Muhammad, it is to be achieved, not by
the strength of the individual Muslim
soldier but by the divine power of the all- knowing Allah. However, this verse was abrogated shortly (one verse later) by the following Qur’anic verse:

Surah 8:66: “For the present Allah has
made light your burden, and He
knows that there is weakness in you;
so if there are a hundred patient
ones of you they shall overcome two
hundred, and if there are a thousand
they shall overcome two thousand
by Allah’s permission, and Allah is
with the patient.” (Shakir)

Surah 8:66 was revealed a short time
later – but only after Muhammad’s
followers complained bitterly at the
impossible odds they would face
when they engage their enemies in
battles.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by truthman2012(m): 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
@ malvisguy

I missed you small today o!

If you don't mind I will like to have your phone number. You can reach me on: akanson2012@gmail.com

Don't post your phone number here please. I will confirm from you here first whether you are the one that send it before I use my number to call.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
truthman2012:
@ malvisguy

If you don't mind I will like to have your phone number. You can reach me on: akanson2012@gmail.com

Don't post your phone number here please. I will confirm from you here first whether you are the one that send it before I use my number to call.
thank you very much, my subscription expired so I subscribe today. I will try and get in tomorrow by his grace.thank you.

1 Like

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
truthman2012:
@ malvisguy

I tried to send you an email, but am having problem with it, I will get in touch by his grace.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by truthman2012(m): 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
malvisguy212:
I tried to send you an email, but am having problem with it, I will get in touch by his grace.

Okay bro.

God bless you.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 3:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
malvisguy212:

know not.” (Pickthall)

What happened to the other revelation? Why are the abrogate verses still in the quran? How can Muslim know which verses are abrogated? Even Muslim scholar argue about the abrogated verses.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
The Qur’an claims to be the eternal
Revelation of God. If true, how can an
eternal Book of Allah have such time-
bound revelations in it? The Qur’an itself admits that some of its verses were abrogated and replaced by others
verses.

To abrogate means to abolish, annul,
rescind, repeal or revoke. The Qur’an is
the only religious book that abrogates its own teachings. The concept of abrogation in the Qur’an is that Allah reveals a verse in the Qur’an that invalidates an earlier verse in the same Qur’an. This may lead to numerous difficulties for the readers of the Qur’an. In fact, it raises many questions. For example:

1. How can a Muslim know what is
abrogated and what is not?
2. Since the abrogated verses still exist
in the Qur’an, what is the use of
these abrogated verses for Muslims
now?
3. Would not this pose a problem for
the ordinary readers of the Qur’an to
verify what is abrogated and what is
not?
4. How would an average Muslim know
what is abrogated and what is not,
when even scholar disagree among
themselves as to the numbers of
verses that are abrogated?

However, if the Qur’an is the genuine
Word of God, then the commandments
written in it must by no means be
abrogated. Its contents must remain
intact and its messages unchanged. And
amazingly Allah agrees:

Surah 6:115: “The word of your Lord
is complete, in truth and justice.
Nothing shall abrogate His words.
He is the Hearer, the
Omniscient.” (Khalifa)
In other word, nothing can change is word. However, note the contradiction in Surah 2:106:

“Whatever verse we shall abrogate,
or cause (thee) to forget, we will
bring a better one than it, or one
like unto it. Dost thou not know that
God is almighty?” (Sale)

The concept of “abrogation” in the
Qur’an is that Allah reveals a latter verse that both supersedes and annuls an earlier verse in the same Qur’an.
Abrogation means to annul or cancel
something with appropriate or legal
authority. In this case, the authority is
none other than Allah himself. Surah
2:106 is central to the doctrine of
abrogation that is taught in Islam. Why
does an all-wise God need to reveal
“better” or “similar” verses to replace
verses that he had inspired only a few
years or even days earlier? Surah 2:106
is clearly making the claim that Allah will change and cause the older verses to be forgotten by revealing better verses or verses similar in kind. To emphasize the point, Allah states that he has power over all things.

The quran is disorderly chronological arrange One example of the disorderly chronology is that Surahs 2:193, 2:216 and 2:217 were revealed at the beginning of Muhammad’s arrival in
Medina. And it took another six years to
reveal Surahs 2:190, 2:191 and 2:192. Yet Surah 2:193 (which was revealed six
years earlier) was inserted to follow
Surah 2:192. How could it then be known which contradicting verses were the more authoritative? Without context and chronology, the “abrogated” and
“abrogator” verses render the entire
Qur’an irrelevant. For example, if one
verse encourages slavery and another
condemns it, which is to be believed and followed?
Truly there is a lot of questions we need to ask, the quran is not the word of God.
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by usermane(m): 6:52am On Feb 25, 2015
I don't believe all those crap about abrogation of Qur'an verses. It is orthodox Muslim clergy 's palaver. Please watch this video, no verse of the Qur'an calls for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJmm9Pa8xk
Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by malvisguy212: 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2015
malvisguy212:
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 48,
Number 823:

Narrated By ‘Aisha : The Prophet
heard a man (reciting Qur’an) in the
Mosque, and he said, “May Allah
bestow His Mercy upon him. No
doubt, he made me remember such-
and such Verses of such-and-such
Surah WHICH I DROPPED (from my
memory).

Muhammad forgot some verses and one
of his friends reminded him of them.
However, when there was no one to
remind him, he claimed that these
verses have been abrogated by Allah. We
saw this to be true previously when two
of his followers told him that they had
forgotten some of the verses which he
had taught them. Muhammad told them
that these verses “have been abrogated,
thus, forget about it.” In truth, the
doctrine of abrogation is nothing more
than an implicit admission that the
Qur’an contradicts itself. This is true
because a verse is considered to be
abrogated only when two verses cannot
be reconciled with each other. In other
words, when two verses in the Qur’an
contradict each other.

HERE WHAT THE TRUE GOD SAY;

the heavens.”

Re: Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation. by true2god: 7:43am On Mar 16, 2015
allahh changing his mind just like a man changing his boxers.
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Christians Fed Up With Denominationalism / The Bread Of Life / Disturbing Religious Selfishness (eroding Compassion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.