Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,028 members, 7,821,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Re: The Real Buhari – A Documentary Of Falsehood, And Half-truths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: The Real Buhari – A Documentary Of Falsehood, And Half-truths (639 Views)

Reply To Reno's Half Truths / The 9 BIG FAT LIES Of AIT In ‘The Real Buhari’ Documentary EXPOSED! / BREAKING News:watch Ait Now,documentary Of Buhari's Demonic Regime Is On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: The Real Buhari – A Documentary Of Falsehood, And Half-truths by knowme(m): 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Saw this online and thought I should share here

Re: The Real Buhari – A Documentary of Falsehood, and Half-truths

1.The documentary on GMB started lying as early as 18 secs in when it claimed the picture of him and Yar Adua was from “elementary school”
2. The only quote backed with a voice over was that of Humphrey Nwosu. The rest were paraphrased quotes, many from living individuals.
3. They managed to link Shehu Musa YarAdua’s death to GMB. GMB was chairman of PTF under Abacha. That way killing Yar Adua by association
4. According to the documentary, if a criminal is a woman, she should not face whatever the law at the time prescribed as punishment.
5. Documentary claims Olabisi Onabanjo was jailed for 20 months and died shortly after his release. Another lie. Onabanjo died in 1990.
6. According to the documentary, seizing of passports of individuals was something only GMB did. In 2014, the SSS seized SLS’s passport.
7. The way the narrator mocked the people he was quoting in the video is another thing. No respect whatsoever. It was all jokes to him.
8. The ignoble video tried to paint the picture of GMB as a man who protected corrupt Northerners but in the same video it used Umaru Dikko’s,a Northerner, attempted extradition to face charges in Nigeria as one of GMB’s crimes.
9. The video and other propaganda claim GMB scrapped the Lagos metro project maliciously. Lie. The project was scrapped for economic reasons
10. One thing I must give kudos to the kukuruku documentary for is that much as they wished to do otherwise,they admitted GMB fought corruption
11. Closing down of newspaper houses during military rule can be explained…but what of seizing of newspapers in a democracy?
12. GMB was accused of using the NSO to harass and intimidate. How do you explain what the DSS/SSS(formally NSO)is doing during a democracy?
13. Falsehood laden video said GMB announced the deportation of Ghanaians in 1985, whereas history captured Shagari announcing such in 1983
14. Why the producers of the documentary used the Ghana expulsion angle is still a mystery. Probably hoping for votes from Accra?
15. Corruption is one of Nigeria’s biggest problems to date and every govt claims to fight it. So please tell me why WAI by GMB is a crime.
16. Indiscipline is kind of etched into our psyche today, that is why impunity and anyhowness prevails. GMB’s WAI could have reformed us
17. Having a problem with GMB’s WAI points to the fact that they love the way we refuse to wait our turn. They loved to have us in a zoo.
18. The video said GMB’s tenure saw the beginning of religious fundamentalism, mentioning Maitasine -Documentary claims that in February and March 1984 Maitasine unleashed terror in the North – LIE!!!! BIG LIE!!! Maitasine started in 1980 during Shagari’s 1st term in office, not under GMB who came into office on the last day of 1983.
19. GMB’s military government was not the only govt that jailed Fela. Almost every military government did.
20. Video claims because GMB as HOS did not stop the execution of drug pushers, then he is Taliban-isque.
21. They forget OBJ, a devout christian, as HOS did not stop Dimka’s execution for Murtala’s assasination.Does that make OBJ Taliban-isque?
22. They forget OBJ, a devout christian, as HOS did not stop Dimka’s execution for Murtala’s assasination.Does that make OBJ Taliban-isque?
23. The video mentioned a convoluted story of a missing $2.8bn. Somehow it managed to leave out that of a certain $20bn that got SLS hell.
24. The video solidified its claim to lies when it quoted GMB as saying certain things. GMB is alive and kicking, yet no audio of video.
25. What was the purpose of the documentary reminding us of the fact that 2 of GMB’s daughters have passed on? That was very heartless.
26. Even in the midst of this heartlessness, the video did not fail to remind us that GMB’s daughter did not die in an overseas hospital.
27. Video quoted GMB as saying Boko Haram was faced with force while commiters of treason like Asari Dokubo & Tompolo are treated as kings
28. GMB wondered why there was special treatment for terrorists in the Niger Delta. The video very deftly made it look like support for BH
29. Documentary accused GMB of being a political journeyman having contested under ANPP, CPC and now APC. Another set of lies that forgets that those parties mentioned merged to form what we now knows as APC.
30. It was not lost on keen watchers towards the end of the video that Hubert Ogunde’s song “Yoruba Ronu” was played while showing APC flag. That was a childish attempt at painting APC as a Yoruba party. That was a silly attempt at inciting ethnic hatred.
31. The video closed with another big lie that Buhari destroyed Nigeria 30 years ago. Data available publicly does not agree with this.
32. If you ask me, the producers of that documentary should be arrested and charged for public disturbance. But then who am I fooling?
The above was compiled after extensive, painstaking research. All the facts here are available publicly.
This election will be won and lost because of facts behind ISSUES not through FALSEHOOD. Get your PVC, turn out and vote according to your conscience.
God bless Nigeria.

source: http://www.thenigerianblogger.com/re-the-real-buhari-a-documentary-of-falsehood-and-half-truths/
Re: Re: The Real Buhari – A Documentary Of Falsehood, And Half-truths by madridguy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
I have made up my mind to henceforth be fair and just to both candidate contesting for the office of president. I won't greet one without mentioning the other's name,so I wish BUHARI GOODLUCK.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Video / PVC Venue Please! / Photos From President Jonathan's Media Chat On NTA Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.