Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari (20163 Views)

Femi And Seun Kuti Perform In New York Together (photos) / Seun Kuti Recounts Fela And Abiola's Encounter / Lady Claims Seun Kuti Is The Father Of Her Baby( photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by huxxain(m): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2015
Can somebody remind this useless man GMB is contesting for the President of the Fed. Rep of Nigeria and not Calcuta Republic

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by okonja(m): 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
siegfried99:

cheesy wetin u find come here grin

Samething wey carry you come here grin wink
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by akandejames: 3:24am On Jan 31, 2015
In less that two years, this man fought a war for his country and he won. build refineries during his reign which still stands today but were mismanaged. Seriously, lets be constructive in our criticism. Those asking for war and disunity truly don't know what war really means. For the moment, in my opinion, buhari is a better option while we hope for the best. So Femi, relax n focus on what u do best than asking a General and one time president to come and debate with you. By the way, Dbanj doesn't represent the youth and neither do you in any way
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by Born14clara(m): 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2015
thaoriginator:
Seun abeg pass me the claro.. Yawa boy!
Abeg na Jombo I need oh
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by chidi01(m): 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
Mathicks:
D'banj did an interview with GEJ, right?.... So what's bad about Buhari honouring a debate with Seun Kuti? It's not like Seun is one unknown fella from one suburb in Nigeria. We all know him, and even if he is not as respected as his father, he has carved his own niche. Buhari obviously won't answer though. Else, it'll end up in disgrace. Buhari cannot debate. He cannot defend himself, so how is he going to defend Nigeria? ...
_
I've interviewed many Nigerians, and what I've been able to gather is that no one likes Buhari. There are only three sets of people supporting Buhari.
The first set are party members and affiliates. Those ones just have to support their candidate.
The second set are people bus hangers and band-wagon drugged individuals. They just support Buhari because people around them shout sai Buhari. Most of them log on to sites like NL and see the first 4 comments on any political posts. The comments are in support of Buhari, so they too type 'sai Buhari', for no reason at all.
The third set of people form the Majority of Buhari supporters.
They just want GEJ out at all cost, that they don't care who's coming to replace him. You'll see them in every class, every barber shop, even in the market, just shouting 'We want Change'. They just want GEJ out, so they're supporting his strongest opposition. They dont even know who Buhari is. Some of them know his daughter more than they know her father. They just support him because he is the most likely person to beat GEJ, if GEJ is to be beaten.
_
However, the questions remain .. IS THIS THE RIGHT MOVE?.... IS THIS WHAT WE REALLY WANT?
WHAT KIND OF CHANGE DO WE WANT?.... A change to an authoritarian rule is a change. Is this the kind of change we want? ... Is sharia what you want to change into? ... If Nigeria becomes the next Libya, ..that's a change, right? But is that the kind of change we want? ..
Do we elect someone who isnt intellectually sound?... Someone who says he wants to throw all corrupt people in kirikiri, while his own party leader poses behind him with a smile?
Someone who is only telling Nigerians what they want to hear?...
Nigerians are very vulnerable at this point in time. We can be likened to a girl that just suffered a heart break. Buhari is that guy, that comes saying all the right things. Taking advantage of the situation, and eventually messing everything up.
_
I'm not a die-hard fan of GEJ. No am not. But I wont vote him out only to vote in direct incompetence, all because I want 'change'. Buhari cannot represent us in the international scene. Be rest assured that if he becomes the president, he wont be the one controlling Nigeria. If he insists, it'll turn into an authoritarian sharia situation. Either way, it's a dead end.

He should atleast have one debate. Let's see what he has to offer, than pre-planned deceitful speeches.

_
Finally, I've come to realize that Nigerians are scared. They know that Boko Haram's operations WILL DEFINITELY end once Buhari is president. After-all, the group is against GEJ's govt. Everything they've done is to make GEJ's govt look very incompetent and ineffective. And they have very powerful support(sponsors).
Some nigerians want Buhari to enter so that BH's activities can end. That's all.
_
some people even say ''Let's elect Buhari to prove that the people have the power to elect and remove. If Buhari doesnt perfrom, we'll remove him too.''.. I laugh at this because, you people dont stop to think about the future. You think you can repair everything after destroying it all with a single half-sided decision?
I guess GEJ's simplicity has made people think that in Nigeria, everything is ssooooo easy to do.
_
you all should try this. Ask an average Buhari supporter about why Buhari should be president.
All he'l talk about are the flaws of Johnathan. He wont be able to mention any qualities or potentials in Buhari, as to why he should be president. See? ... This election is all about Johnathan. Buhari is just the last resort of those against GEJ.
_
BTW, where are the other presidential aspirants from other parties? Make una sef campaign na.....

Mr. You just nailed it. But if eventually buhari enters and bokoharam stops, then Nigerian Christians are in a much bigger problem. If not now it will be in future. Let's think about this. Nigeria will pivot to capturing the rest of Africa.
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by macof(m): 3:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
The shameless old man can't debate...he lacks intelligence and is just full of cluelessness
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by okonja(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
sledjama:

are you aware that spectranet gives 40GB for just 12k?

Yes I am, and are you also aware that spectranet signal covers few places BUT MTN is every where you gooooo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by simdam500(m): 8:11am On Feb 01, 2015
He gat motive and the motive us to make buhari a laughing stock...

Buharians should take note angry
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by bboshodi: 3:07am On May 29, 2015
Mathicks:
D'banj did an interview with GEJ, right?.... So what's bad about Buhari honouring a debate with Seun Kuti? It's not like Seun is one unknown fella from one suburb in Nigeria. We all know him, and even if he is not as respected as his father, he has carved his own niche. Buhari obviously won't answer though. Else, it'll end up in disgrace. Buhari cannot debate. He cannot defend himself, so how is he going to defend Nigeria? ...
_
I've interviewed many Nigerians, and what I've been able to gather is that no one likes Buhari. There are only three sets of people supporting Buhari.
The first set are party members and affiliates. Those ones just have to support their candidate.
The second set are people bus hangers and band-wagon drugged individuals. They just support Buhari because people around them shout sai Buhari. Most of them log on to sites like NL and see the first 4 comments on any political posts. The comments are in support of Buhari, so they too type 'sai Buhari', for no reason at all.
The third set of people form the Majority of Buhari supporters.
They just want GEJ out at all cost, that they don't care who's coming to replace him. You'll see them in every class, every barber shop, even in the market, just shouting 'We want Change'. They just want GEJ out, so they're supporting his strongest opposition. They dont even know who Buhari is. Some of them know his daughter more than they know her father. They just support him because he is the most likely person to beat GEJ, if GEJ is to be beaten.
_
However, the questions remain .. IS THIS THE RIGHT MOVE?.... IS THIS WHAT WE REALLY WANT?
WHAT KIND OF CHANGE DO WE WANT?.... A change to an authoritarian rule is a change. Is this the kind of change we want? ... Is sharia what you want to change into? ... If Nigeria becomes the next Libya, ..that's a change, right? But is that the kind of change we want? ..
Do we elect someone who isnt intellectually sound?... Someone who says he wants to throw all corrupt people in kirikiri, while his own party leader poses behind him with a smile?
Someone who is only telling Nigerians what they want to hear?...
Nigerians are very vulnerable at this point in time. We can be likened to a girl that just suffered a heart break. Buhari is that guy, that comes saying all the right things. Taking advantage of the situation, and eventually messing everything up.
_
I'm not a die-hard fan of GEJ. No am not. But I wont vote him out only to vote in direct incompetence, all because I want 'change'. Buhari cannot represent us in the international scene. Be rest assured that if he becomes the president, he wont be the one controlling Nigeria. If he insists, it'll turn into an authoritarian sharia situation. Either way, it's a dead end.

He should atleast have one debate. Let's see what he has to offer, than pre-planned deceitful speeches.

_
Finally, I've come to realize that Nigerians are scared. They know that Boko Haram's operations WILL DEFINITELY end once Buhari is president. After-all, the group is against GEJ's govt. Everything they've done is to make GEJ's govt look very incompetent and ineffective. And they have very powerful support(sponsors).
Some nigerians want Buhari to enter so that BH's activities can end. That's all.
_
some people even say ''Let's elect Buhari to prove that the people have the power to elect and remove. If Buhari doesnt perfrom, we'll remove him too.''.. I laugh at this because, you people dont stop to think about the future. You think you can repair everything after destroying it all with a single half-sided decision?
I guess GEJ's simplicity has made people think that in Nigeria, everything is ssooooo easy to do.
_
you all should try this. Ask an average Buhari supporter about why Buhari should be president.
All he'l talk about are the flaws of Johnathan. He wont be able to mention any qualities or potentials in Buhari, as to why he should be president. See? ... This election is all about Johnathan. Buhari is just the last resort of those against GEJ.
_
BTW, where are the other presidential aspirants from other parties? Make una sef campaign na.....
Re: Seun Kuti Wants A Debate With Gen. Buhari by bboshodi: 3:14am On May 29, 2015
You see your self, you're the greatest mistake that ever happened to mankind... You fool! Can you now see that even your pay master agreed that he has mismanaged this country. Can you now show your face? NO! You'll rather soak your head down head in SHAME forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Celebrates Her 33rd Birthday Today With New Photos / Ambassador Wahala Attacks 'Ghana Must Go' Over Raw Truth Show / Falz Slams Body Shamers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.