Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) (8047 Views)

Akinwunmi Adesina: We Were Mocked For 'Cassava Bread’, Now Everyone Eats It / Where Can I Buy Jonathan's Cassava Bread? / Fact: Why Biafra Failed........ GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by joeyfire(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2015
LRNZH:

1. The Minster of Agriculture made this statement that money has been pumped into the failed policy. Judging by past antecedents of NOI, Aganga, Okupe, Moro...... GEJ's minsters are mostly liars. Only Agric Minister has seen 20% Cassava composite. Honeywell that produces it reports 5% and 10% respectively.

2. No opinion poll or people were interviewed about their preference for cassava bread if it exists outside of Aso Rock

3. Out of the hundreds of thousands if not millions of bakeries in Nigeria only 26 bakers produce Cassava bread regularly. Is that successful to you? It is not even up to a drop in the ocean.

Abeg stop defending failure and cluelessness.

1. The Agric minister didn't say the monies have been released. Disbursement is more complex than you think. It is done in tranches and according to performance milestones. What does Okupe and Abba Moro have to do with this topic please?. Stay focused. The news article states that 6 industrial corporate bakers (which produce hundreds of thousands of loaves a day) and 20 master bakers who equally produce in large quantities are currently doing 20% BEFORE this government intervention. 5000 bakeries will be producing AFTER the upgrading of the cassava flour mills.

2. Stop clutching at straws oga. The government does not need to do a poll before it carries out a policy on taste of bread. The government carries out an impact assessment study which was done almost ten years ago. Chai !
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2015
joeyfire:
Bros read more. Cassava bread is already part of our staple diet and has been for a while.

http://www.channelstv.com/2013/12/21/nigeria-commits-4-3-billion-naira-to-cassava-flour-processing/

The Nigerian government is spending 4.3 billion Naira (about 27.6 million dollars) on the upgrading of small Cassava flourmills and processors.

The fund is to be managed by the Bank of Industry (BOI).

The Minister of Agriculture, Akinwumi Adesina and the Managing Director of the BOI, Evelyn Oputu, signed the Cassava Bread Fund agreement.

It is also aimed at providing ready market for Cassava farmers.

“As we speak today, six industrial corporate bakers and 20 master bakers produce Cassava bread regularly with at least 20 per cent high quality Cassava flour.

“Nigerians like this bread. It is healthier, tastier and cheaper and the demand for it is rising by the day.

LRNZH:

1. The Minister of Agriculture made this statement that money has been pumped into the failed policy. Judging by past antecedents of NOI, Aganga, Okupe, Moro...... GEJ's minsters are mostly liars.
By the way do you expect him to admit that the policy has failed?
Only the Agric Minister has seen 20% Cassava composite. Honeywell that produces it reports 5% and 10% cassava respectively.
2. No opinion poll or people were interviewed about their preference for cassava bread if it exists outside of Aso Rock
3. Youvr got to be kidding. Out of the hundreds of thousands if not millions of bakeries in Nigeria only 26 bakers produce Cassava bread regularly. Is that successful to you? It is not even up to a drop in the ocean.
Abeg stop defending failure and cluelessness.

joeyfire:

1. The Agric minister didn't say the monies have been released. Disbursement is more complex than you think. It is done in tranches and according to performance milestones. What does Okupe and Abba Moro have to do with this topic please?. Stay focused. The news article states that 6 industrial corporate bakers (which produce hundreds of thousands of loaves a day) and 20 master bakers who equally produce in large quantities are currently doing 20% BEFORE this government intervention. 5000 bakeries will be producing AFTER the upgrading of the cassava flour mills.
2. Stop clutching at straws oga. The government does not need to do a poll before it carries out a policy on taste of bread. The government carries out an impact assessment study which was done almost ten years ago. Chai !

Read again because you're not following my comments.

I will try you one more time.

1. Show me any evidence that 20% Cassava composite flour is currently in the market and don't quote the FG claims. Which company produces it?
Honeywell produced 5% and 10% cassava composite respectively because it is an FG directive.

2. I am talking about the penetration of the so called Cassava bread today in the market and you're bringing up an impact assessment allegedly carried out 10years ago (without link self). Have you seen cassava bread being sold in the streets/stalls presently? If yes show pics or links pls.

3. When did 26 bakers become representative of the number of bakeries in Nigeria?
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by DaBullIT(m): 10:25am On Jan 31, 2015
How can cassava bread succeed when nobody regulates or test the bread

how can it succeed when presidency considers us goats who eats cassava peelings grin

when was the last time GEJ ate cassava bread,

Did he establish a plant in his home town for them to make bread there

We are not zoo animals , we are human beings

1 Like

Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by MyNameIsMyName: 10:38am On Jan 31, 2015
datguru:
Anyone that fails should repeat please
fail and fail out
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 11:24am On Jan 31, 2015
MyNameIsMyName:
fail and fail out

And end up in jail
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by joeyfire(m): 11:46am On Jan 31, 2015
LRNZH:

Read again because you're not following my comments.

I will try you one more time.

1. Show me any evidence that 20% Cassava composite flour is currently in the market and don't quote the FG claims. Which company produces it?
Honeywell produced 5% and 10% cassava composite respectively because it is an FG directive.

2. I am talking about the penetration of the so called Cassava bread today in the market and you're bringing up an impact assessment allegedly carried out 10years ago (without link self). Have you seen cassava bread being sold in the streets/stalls presently? If yes show pics or links pls.

3. When did 26 bakers become representative of the number of bakeries in Nigeria?

Your questions 1 - 3 are saying the same thing. Why are you trying to mix different issues and confuse yourself. So from saying in your initial post that cassava is bad for our health you are now claiming that the issue is about market penetration. If you don't know be informed that government policies are meant to drive growth in sectors. If you don't know please be aware that Honeywell does not bake bread, his mill produces the flour that makes the bread and you can't forcefully instruct a mill owner to upgrade his multi billion machinery specifically designed for wheat flour to start making 20% overnight.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by lekzyn(m): 11:48am On Jan 31, 2015
ajoskele:
Just like Mimiko's tomato paste. I schooled where the factory was said to be located. Even if the paste CANNOT get to Akure the state capital, which is over 1hour drive, at least it should get to the next town where my school is located. A 10-minutes journey!

OSRC, the Ondo State Radiovision Corporation really made a fool of us!!
AAUA? Iroko is a failure in ondo state n Akoko expecially.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
joeyfire:

Your questions 1 - 3 are saying the same thing. Why are you trying to mix different issues and confuse yourself. So from saying in your initial post that cassava is bad for our health you are now claiming that the issue is about market penetration. If you don't know be informed that government policies are meant to drive growth in sectors. If you don't know please be aware that Honeywell does not bake bread, his mill produces the flour that makes the bread and you can't forcefully instruct a mill owner to upgrade his multi billion machinery specifically designed for wheat flour to start making 20% overnight.

One more time,
Just answer these 2 question and stop beating around the bush

1. Which mill produces 20% Cassava Composite Flour in Nigeria today or in the past?
2. Show us bread that is made from thus 20%cassava composite flour being sold presently in Nigeria.

Show evidence pls.

Very simple questions. Agaba123 could not answer these questions. Can you answer? You have been hovering with answering.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by ajoskele(m): 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
lekzyn:
AAUA? Iroko is a failure in ondo state n Akoko expecially.
Yeah. AAUA. Arigidi-Akoko is allegedly hosting the factory. Do you know AAUA well?
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by Goddex: 3:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
LRNZH:

My friend, arrange your lies properly.

1. The major states of Nigeria which produce cassava are Anambra, Delta, Edo, Benue, Cross River, Imo, Oyo, and Rivers, and to a lesser extent Kwara and Ondo.

Cassava production dominates the southern part of the country, both in terms of area covered and number of farmers growing the crop. those mills you claim are closer to the southern states.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassava_production_in_Nigeria

Your phantom friend is going on a fool's errand in Taraba and Nassarawa States.

2. Those flour mills are for feedstock for industrial starch manufacturing and animal feed. Not for mixing cassava with wheat bread.

Like I said before, learn to arrange your lies properly before spewing them just in support of GEJ.

[size=13pt]Keep fooling yourself. You don't deserve any response again.

I pity ignorant nairalanders who are "liking" your comments. I am telling you something I know so well and I am involved in.

If you have a friend working with any of the flour mills why not quietly go find out from him?
[/size]
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by agabaI23(m): 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
1LRNZH:

A by force directive is what you call a success?
Only a few select bakers were trained. We are yet to see the bread from this 5%-10% cassava composite flour.

Show us link to prove the 20% Cassava in Honeywell composite flour as you claim...... I dey wait
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/fg-launches-commercial-10-composite-cassava-flour/

The bread is available. I watched the event on TV though. Its like I mixed up the commissioning of the equipment to raise the bar to 20 % with having that already.

I am too honest to lie. Check my posts! If it is not the fact, I don't go there.

But I can as well say that getting the equipment to enable the actualisation of 20% is as good as getting actualising the 20%.

Bottom line, Cassava bread policy is not a failure. It is a success. When the president talked about it in 2012, you mocked him.
How long does it take to carry out research for a new product?

A three -year phd studentship is awarded in the UK and sometimes nothing comes out of it. A 2-3 year postdoc(renewable) can also be awarded. Here, GEJ proposed a hypothesis in 2012 and by 2014, we have reached almost the final milestone and you call that a failure? Failure on whose scale? APC?
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
agabaI23:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/fg-launches-commercial-10-composite-cassava-flour/

The bread is available. I watched the event on TV though. Its like I mixed up the commissioning of the equipment to raise the bar to 20 % with having that already.

I am too honest to lie. Check my posts! If it is not the fact, I don't go there.

But I can as well say that getting the equipment to enable the actualisation of 20% is as good as getting actualising the 20%.

Bottom line, Cassava bread policy is not a failure. It is a success. When the president talked about it in 2012, you mocked him.
How long does it take to carry out research for a new product?

A three -year phd studentship is awarded in the UK and sometimes nothing comes out of it. A 2-3 year postdoc(renewable) can also be awarded. Here, GEJ proposed a hypothesis in 2012 and by 2014, we have reached almost the final milestone and you call that a failure? Failure on whose scale? APC?

So you have stylishly agreed that there is no 20% cassava composite flour in reality. One lie debunked.
OK we are making progress.

Show me evidence of a cassava bread in the market.
Let's measure how successful it is.
I am waiting
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by agabaI23(m): 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

So you have stylishly agreed that there is no 20% cassava composite flour in reality. One lie debunked.
OK we are making progress.

Show me evidence of a cassava bread in the market.
Let's measure how successful it is.
I am waiting
You cannot call that a lie. It was not deliberate like the barefaced lies you guys tell.

Before you demand any other thing go and reply the link I sent to you.

1 Like

Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by atlwireles: 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
Oluwole fraudsters everywhere you look. Now this ediot wants to measure the content of bread. Why not measure the content, before you make a fool of yourself here. grin
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
agabaI23:
You cannot call that a lie. It was not deliberate like the barefaced lies you guys tell.

Before you demand any other thing go and reply the link I sent to you.

Deliberate or not, it is not true that there is 20% Cassava composite flour in existence in Nigeria which you have admitted to. So that's a lie.

You can't come to a public forum and be misleading people with indeliberate lies. The damage people like you do whether deliberate or not, is what I'm trying to forestall. We have to save the masses from dangerous people like you.

Again, evidence of cassava bread in the market. I'm waiting for you....
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by agabaI23(m): 12:57pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Deliberate or not, it is not true that there is 20% Cassava composite flour in existence in Nigeria which you have admitted to. So that's a lie.

You can't come to a public forum and be misleading people with indeliberate lies. The damage people like you do whether deliberate or not, is what I'm trying to forestall. We have to save the masses from dangerous people like you.

Again, evidence of cassava bread in the market. I'm waiting for you....
https://www.nairaland.com/2122671/buharis-supporters-silly-unrealistic-etcetera/6#2122671.212
lol @ you

I want you to respond to the link above first or you afraid of the facts?
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by citizenY(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
Goddex:
[size=13pt]OP, stop making a fool of yourself.

You eat cassava bread everyday and not know it.
All flour mills in the country were mandated to step up the quantity of cassava flour mixed with wheat.

My friend is smiling to the bank from this business. He goes to middle belt - (Taraba, Nasarawa and Benue) to get the cassava flour in several lorry loads and supply to flour milling companies. He is not even alone in this business, many Nigerians are taking advantage.

You eat casava bread
[/size]

I wonder o
.. I buy mine from Shoprire and am satisfied. I get a slight bitter test but then I eat bitter leaf soup and bitter cola.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
citizenY:

I wonder o
.. I buy mine from Shoprire and am satisfied. I get a slight bitter test but then I eat bitter leaf soup and bitter cola.

Show us the picture of this bread with the brand name. I will personally make a trip to Lagos /Enugu or anywhere this Shop rite is and verify.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Show us the picture of this bread with the brand name. I will personally make a trip to Lagos /Enugu or anywhere this Shoprite is and verify.

cc: Obinoscopy, Lalasticlala, Maclatunji, Ishilove
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by citizenY(m): 1:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Show us the picture of this bread with the brand name. I will personally make a trip to Lagos /Enugu or anywhere this Shop rite is and verify.

SHOPRITE, Apapa mall, Park Lane, by central avenue and Apapa club.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
citizenY:

You sabi read so? Wetin be the name of the bread? Show us picshure of this bread with wrapper (leather, nylon, polythene wey dem take wrap am).
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by agabaI23(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
citizenY:

If you do not respond to this, I will take it that you saw it all along but do not have answers to them and therefore decided to ignore it. It is OK by me
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 1:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 1:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
citizenY:

I wonder o

agabaI23:
If you do not respond to this, I will take it that you saw it all along but do not have answers to them and therefore decided to ignore it. It is OK by me

LRNZH:

You sabi read so? Wetin be the name of the bread? Show us picshure of this bread with wrapper (leather, nylon, polythene wey dem take wrap am).

Give me your proof. Picture showing brand name of the cassava bread and I knw what to go look for at Apapa Mall.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by citizenY(m): 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Give me your proof. Picture showing brand name of the cassava bread and I knw what to go look for at Apapa Mall.

Please ,Please stop it.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
citizenY:

Please ,Please stop it.

grin grin grin grin

Agaba123. You have deliberately supported the 2nd lie within 1hr. grin grin Hopeless GEjites
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by citizenY(m): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

grin grin grin grin

Agaba123. You have deliberately supported the 2nd lie within 1hr. grin grin Hopeless GEjites

Mr. Alphabet. You should be sharp enough to lnow that there is a bakery section in Superstores like SHOPRITE. Just get an associate in Apapa to confirm.

If you do not realise it, we seem to share a political preference but thats where it ends. Go through my posts. Unlike you, I am concerned with more serious issues than cassava bread.

I sincerely hope you are not supporting change for stomach infrastrucure because you will be a disappointment.

You have been on this forum since 2006. Much is expected from you and certainly better than this.

You must not win every argument because facts are sacred.

1 Like

Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by LRNZH(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
citizenY:

Mr. Alphabet. You should be sharp enough to lnow that there is a bakery section in Superstores like SHOPRITE. Just get an associate in Apapa to confirm.

If you do not realise it, we seem to share a political preference but thats where it ends. Go through my posts. Unlike you, I am concerned with more serious issues than cassava bread.

I sincerely hope you are not supporting change for stomach infrastrucure because you will be a disappointment.

You have been on this forum since 2006. Much is expected from you and certainly better than this.

You must not win every argument because facts are sacred.

An nuna maka fili, an baka doki amma ka ki hawa.

Show us this bread that you claim exists. Thats all o. Is that too much to ask?
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by Collynzo9: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Achile Ali, it is allover shoprite and other big supermarkets/malls all over the country.
Go there and ask for one if you are so interested.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by citizenY(m): 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Am done.
Re: CASSAVA BREAD: Another Failed GEJ's Policy (PHOTO) by Collynzo9: 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
@ LRNZH as long as you continue to leave your brain in the dustbin while trying to sell your master, I will continue to be your nemesis on Nairaland. You are lucky I didn't see the thread earlier.
You have been put to shame once again.
Lagos: You can find Cassava bread in Sweet Sensation, Spar, Park n Shop and Shoprite
PH: Everyday supermarket.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Elections Are Held 100 Times , Mark Will Always Win -PDP Tells Onjeh / Para-military Board Suspends 14 Prisons Officers Over Jail Break / Ganduje Empowers Petty Traders With N135m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.