Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices (8174 Views)

Court Stops Sheriff From Conducting Ondo PDP Primary In Ibadan / Court Stops PDP From Holding Convention Till September 7 / PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by masterpiece86: 7:05am On May 19, 2016
Justice A. B. Mohammed of the Federal High Court (FCT), Abuja, yesterday, barred the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from conducting elections into 18 national offices at the party’s national convention, slated‎ for Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Saturday.

Delivering a judgement in Chief Emeka Debia V. PDP, in suit number FCT/HC/CV/1443/2016, the judge stated that the tenure of the PDP national secretary and national auditor would expire by December, 2018, while the tenure of the remaining officers would expire on August 30, 2017, with the exception of the national financial secretary and chairman, whose offices were vacant.

‎Deputy national legal adviser of the PDP, Barrister Bashir Maidugu, who spoke with our correspondent on phone, said based on the judgment, the offices where election would not be conducted  include that of the deputy national chairman, national treasurer, legal adviser, deputy legal adviser, deputy national treasurer, deputy national auditor, youth leaders, deputy youth leader, national organising secretary, deputy national organising secretary, national women leader, deputy national women leader, deputy financial secretary and deputy national secretary.
He said the tenure of the above officers ‎would expire in 2017, while the national chairman, national secretary, national financial secretary and national auditor were elected in 2014 and their tenure expires in 2019.

“The party should abide by its constitution and guidelines at all times. If something is wrong, they should make it right. Any manipulation will amount to impunity which is the bane of PDP. So there is need for a truce. The judgment is not a surprise to me,” he said.

Another national officer, who spoke with our correspondent in  confidence, said: “In fact, as we are talking now, we are going to have a parallel convention this Saturday. Yes, two parallel conventions. For those of us in Abuja, we have quite a number of delegates from across the country ‎and we will hold our convention. We are already mobilising.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/convention-court-bars-pdp-from-conducting-election-for-18-offices/147378.html#k8Uo2xi0hevVahtO.99

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by masterpiece86: 7:11am On May 19, 2016
#PDP a party desperately trying to hang on in the face of confusion, internal wrangling and glaring impunity

Will it survive all this attacks from within....??

TIME SHALL TELL....!!

4 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by pretydiva(f): 8:00am On May 19, 2016
PDP is DOOM forever grin

4 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by DEIFIED(m): 8:00am On May 19, 2016
Useless party, cant the court just ban them for life, i dont want to be hearing that name in this country any more. They caused all the hardships and troubles nigerians are facing in this country today.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Emrixx(f): 8:00am On May 19, 2016
Indeed time alone shall tell

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by kay29000(m): 8:00am On May 19, 2016
hmm!
Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by omolola15(m): 8:00am On May 19, 2016
PDP causing problems for themselves. Instead of them to take advantage of the fuel hike and tackle APC. They are their fighting themselves. They should go and learn opposition from Mr Lai. Yeye people. They should just change the name of the party. PDP is about to self destruct.

5 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by adioolayi(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
PDP...This brand is just becoming increasingly very difficult to market grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by marycool18(f): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
DEIFIED:
Useless party, cant the court just ban them for life, i dont want to be hearing that name in this country any more. They caused all the hardships and troubles nigerians are facing in this country today.

Like if this guy is wrong, share if he's right

4 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by pretydiva(f): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
masterpiece86:
#PDP a party desperately trying to hang on in the face of confusion, internal wrangling and glaring impunity

Will it survive all this attacks from within....??

TIME SHALL TELL....!!
stigen op undecided

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Isoni(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
Height of greed is when the teeth is fighting the tongue.

PDP is now on self destruct. It is better they disband the party so we know we are officially a one party state.

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Samexdx(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
PDP
Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by DropShot: 8:02am On May 19, 2016
I hate to hear the name PDP.

They destroyed Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by 20bc(m): 8:05am On May 19, 2016
These guys should fix their house(PDP) before they can think of fixing Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Splashme: 8:05am On May 19, 2016
[size=13pt]The APC/Buhari govt have abused Nigerian courts using them as a tool to kill opposition[/size]

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Liftkid(m): 8:05am On May 19, 2016
DropShot:
They destroyed Nigeria.
who were these past PDP leaders ? where are they from ?

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Abeyjide: 8:06am On May 19, 2016
what a confused party.

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:06am On May 19, 2016
This is absolute madness
Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by omenka(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2016
Anytime I read stuffs like this, I know God is working tirelessly to rid Nigeria of her greatest albatrosses. cheesy

It is well with my country.

5 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:07am On May 19, 2016
Useless party. The party must fall.

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by omenka(m): 8:08am On May 19, 2016
DEIFIED:
Walahi. They should be banned like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and heavens won't fall! grin

3 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2016
If I vex talk wetin de my mind wadata plaza go sanction me
Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by omenka(m): 8:10am On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This is absolute madness
Remember what I told you about making statements with certainty regarding Nigerian politics the other time?? See what I mean?

3 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Splashme: 8:14am On May 19, 2016
gf
Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Nobody: 8:14am On May 19, 2016
DropShot:
They destroyed Nigeria.
The same leaders who midwifed your beloved APC.

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by OlujobaSamuel: 8:14am On May 19, 2016
pdp, they can't just get it right. I hope they obey this court order.
dem and law na like day and night.
Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Goke7: 8:17am On May 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
If I vex talk wetin de my mind wadata plaza go sanction me

Oga talk, we no go sanction you here, wadata de broke nah, wetin u need them for again

1 Like

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Nobody: 8:18am On May 19, 2016
The PDP will overcome these myriad of challenges. They are just mere symptoms of a party trying to adjust to the role of an opposition party after sixteen years of presidential power.
Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by Orikinla(m): 8:19am On May 19, 2016
PDP is more of a political scam than a political party.
All their supporters are the real ZOMBIES.
A party that the leaders shared billions of US dollars within months of the last presidential election has not paid the salaries of the workers since 2015.

We are just laughing at PDP.grin

2 Likes

Re: Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices by DONSMITH123(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2016
PDP is dead, only waiting for its final burial- Alao Akala 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Balarabe Musa Tips PRP To Defeat APC In 2019 / Peter ‘okwute’ The Rock By Nonso Ozoemena / Edo Central Motorpark Vs Lagos Bus Stations In Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.