Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians (17713 Views)

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by kay1one(m): 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
Buhari has not shown us his certificate and doesn't want to come for debate! That's called impunity!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by alawaiss(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
Sae baba
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by obowunmi(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
Start with Tinubu and Ameachi...

APC crooks.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
mrofficial:

And "How much did Nwobodo stole" ? grin
...even if Nwobodo stole 1 kobo,he should serve the time. Afterall he earned salary...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by camplenigeria: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
uuh!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Tonylyte(m): 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
He can ask nigerians to report all corrupt persons.....upon all this what did he achieve in his 20months as head of state? Even nigerian police do ask us to report every suspicious movt in our various homes to them, does that make the nigerian police saints? Words dont break ice, we judge by what we see on ground. Tell us what u achieved in 20mnths, with all the acclaimed fights against corruption, buhari. The way u hype buhari, even mandela wasnt given such hype.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by mrrock: 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
Buhari's regime was a brutal government and nobody (corrupt or non corrupt) had freedom of any sort. A man who unseated a democratically elected government of Shehu Shagari and ruled with maximum tyranny on the disguised slogan of war against indiscipline- WAI.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Mogidi: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
[size=15pt]If Tinubu and Aregbesola are Friends of Buhari, How does he Want to Fight Corruption?[/size]

Senator Iyiola Omisore, the governorship candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP was in his element, recently when he addressed a number of issues, concerning his petition at tribunal and expected judgment, forthcoming elections and his optimism that President Jonathan will win the coming elections. He spoke with Adedayo Adejobi at his Ikoyi home, Excerpts ….

The tribunal has concluded the seating and we expect the judgment. What are your expectations?
I believe that following the proceeding of the tribunal and what we saw through the evidences laid before the tribunal and the conduct of counsel and witnesses. There were issues and conclusions that were reached and agreed upon. We believe on the evidences and at a point that APC admitted that INEC gave us more votes than was meant for them. And for the fact that some malpractices, infractions and irregularities admitted by APC show that the elections were not free and fair. Instead, it was skewed in favour of Action Peoples Congress. If two parties particularly the respondents agree to the irregularities and infractions supposedly on the grounds of electoral process, which have been faulted. That shows that the irregularities were huge and it should be declared People Democratic Party and myself as the winner of the August 9 Elections.

You made mention of irregularities, can you state clearly these irregularities?
When I mean irregularities and infractions, I do not want to pre-empt the law. I don’t to divulge these irregularities and infractions as mentioned and pointed by the law in this case, as the limits of law allows neither do I want to run afoul of legal proceedings.

Should your supporters and people of Osun State be hopeful?
My message to them is to be patient, hopeful and keep on persevering, because for the first time in twenty five years Osun people are not being salaries during Ileya and Christmas Festivities. Salaries are being owed in sex months in arrears the Judiciary. Teachers and professionals are not left out for months. There is no development in Osun State in the last four years. Aregebesola came with phantom contract awards particularly Sekona to Gbongan Junction. Osogbo to Iyana ile (Kwara Boundary), the Osogbo inner road worth about N149 billion which the state cannot afford, but because he needs to take money out to his Master in Lagos. The jobs have been abandoned now, and we can see weeds growing on the sites now. Very recently he came to Lagos for the Airport show with a view to building an airport in Osun State, there is no Shovel up till today, and he has lined his pockets with the money. The latest robbery now is the monies from ecological fund, SURE-P, Education Trust Fund, TET Fund And Universal Basic Education Board . When they summoned the Chief of Staff to Abuja to go and inscribe the names of the donors on the purchased items, it was a shameful experience for Osun State Government. Unfortunately the allocation of the state goes to private purses. He maintains a helicopter, in the last budget he spent over N2 billion on hotel bills and entertainment while workers are not being paid, no roads or water. Not a single addition of a pint of water in the last four years. There haven’t been exams this year, ranking in the West African Examinations Council/NECO has gone low to 26 and the people are frustrated. All are plans with nothing concrete happening.

Away from the Tribunal, elections are around the corner, how optimistic are you that the Jonathan camp in the south west will get block votes?
For all human thinkers, if we were to go by achievements, what Jonathan has done in the last six years, are areas no one has tread in the past. Look at the plunge into rail, water and road transportation. These are things that nobody has given attention to. For the first time, things are moving for the first time in thirty years. There is a dredging between Lagos and Lokoja for seaways to the northern part of the country. Port Harcourt is being encouraged as a privatization scheme has taken off. I believe that common sense should take its cause, and I believe that Jonathan will have his way not only in South West, but also in the whole of this country. Since Action People Congress is synonymous with and endorsement from Boko Haram, I believe this is saddening for a party to be associated with terrorists and terrorism, in a world where terrorism is fought by all, all over world. Algeria is a Muslim country and it took them 18 years to fight Terrorists. And it was fought by all the parties. I read one United States Government’s comment that Boko Haram is now on the increase because of the election campaigns. You cannot use terrorism to campaign. The moment you use terrorism and the lives of people as campaign bait, you become unfit to govern. The All Peoples Congress are just desperadoes and you don’t entrust government into the hands of desperate people.
A clear example Lagos State. Someone’s pocket has continually been lined with public funds in the last 16 years. Is that not servitude? I believe in the midst of all this, Jonathan will come out tops.

Most of the states in the south west are being governed by APC, how do you rate the chances of PDP against the backdrop the opposition party seems to have Obasanjo behind them. He is considered as an important factor on the grounds that if genuine reconciliation is not reached before the elections, it might affect the chances of People Democratic Party in the South-West during the elections.
Look at Osun State for instance, there is no way Action Peoples Congress can win Osun State for Buhari, it’s not possible. When we look at the election tabulation results and court indications, we had higher votes than the Action Peoples Congress in all the local governments based on the genuine election results. After the elections, Action Peoples Congress has become worse. With this, I don’t see Buhari having 25% votes in Osun State all things been equal. It’s the same thing in Ogun, Lagos and Oyo State, because people are tired of them. I was reading Simon Kolawole’s column on Sunday; he said he was amused by the tweets on Buhari. People can see through the smoke screen of propaganda and noise- making which do not turn to votes. Look at how much noise Aregbesola made during the last elections, spending over N13billion on billboards, what does it come to? We will see the results very soon.
On the Obasanjo Factor, I don’t want to comment on it because he has only one vote to cast on the day of elections, and the way things are going, I think he has his opinion and a right to it. He is a statesman and a leader in his own rights. He has spoken against Peoples Democratic Party and accused Jonathan in the past. He is simply approbating and reprobating in his own court now. All the same, I think he’ll vote for Peoples Democratic Party. He might not come out to campaign for them, but he’ll vote for them.

Based on the alleged internal fracas in PDP, there are speculation that your party will be back together. How true and feasible is that?
After the primaries, it is normal to be problems because in Nigeria no one accepts losses. Because Peoples Democratic Party is very democratic, I believe that people have seen that the reality especially with the election approaching, that’s why they have to resolve issues amongst themselves.

With election approaching, there are heightened anxieties and tensions over the possible postponement of the elections. Do you feel the same way to?
What is just barbaric with the issue of attacks on the People of Peoples Democratic Party in Kaduna, Kano, and Bauchi. If you want to vote, you don’t have to force people to go your own way. Buhari has come to campaign in the south-south and his crew haven’t been stoned. Action Peoples Congress’s barbaric and physical assaults do not translate to votes, instead they end up heating the polity. I want to implore the leadership to behave and drop hooliganism associated to them. You can’t to serve and govern a country. There was a time they said they’ll form a parallel government, I just laughed. I believe peace should be allowed to reign. A while ago they removed Jonathan’s posters and Signages in Lagos under the careless watch of Lagos Advertising and Signage Agency which rakes in billions annually for their master in Bourdillon. They are so impatient and shameless. They are removing the President’s posters, lamp posts and Signages in Lagos whereas you have yours in other People’s Democratic Party states and no one is disturbing you. I don’t know why they are so desperate like their lives are attached to it. It’s not and should not be a do or die matter, but you can’t blame them because most of them are jobless.
I think the elections will be safe, while those who try to disrupt the peace of Nigeria will be treated like criminals.
There have been calls for the postponement of the elections. What is your take on this?
The timetable falls within Independent National Electoral Commision’s purview. They are forming to be ready. But my position is that Nigerians should be allowed to have their Permanent Voters Card’s.

One of the major issues on the front burner heating the polity is General Muhammadu Buhari’s Certificate scandal. What is your take on that?
Two things are clear. One, he perjured, and he admitted. That should attract seven years imprisonment by Law. He said he forgot and assumed. There is nothing like negligence or ignorance in law. He meant to deceive people. He got a score in Hausa in 1961 and Cambridge started Hausa exams in 1964 .So where do we go from there. Where did he get his own results? He has been benefitting from this country without certificates. He has no business in the Nigerian army in the first instance. He is unfit to rule Nigeria. But you know for the likes of Ahmed Tinubu, Aregbesola who are forgers and conspirators in crime. What do you expect from these people? In a decent society, these people are not fit to rule talk less of squandering tax payers money.
If I were Buhari, I would have withdrawn from the race. This is same man that was oil Minister and took $2.8 billion was missing and found in London Mainland Bank account. He started the issues of brain drain when he banned Nigerian Medical Association in 1984, giving them reasons to go to Saudi Arabia. He went beyond Medicine and crumbled Engineering, Teachers. He has caused so much damage in this country that he is so unfit to be taken seriously. APC, his party is a party of thieves. If Tinubu and the likes of Aregbesola are friends of Buhari, how does he want to fight corruption? They should be the first to go to jail even before the elections, because they have stolen the people blind. I pity them and people following them.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/iyiola-omisore-if-tinubu-and-aregbesola-are-friends-of-buhari-how-does-he-want-to-fight-corruption-/200567/

Same Buhari declared Abacha stole nada.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Reference(m): 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:
So upon the whole , this wasn't propaganda at all, He really wanted to battle corruption and he really did , he even asked citizens to contribute and report sighting of Politicians

I hope the same happens this February when M.Buhari wins the presidential,What i'll love to see is if those MEND and MASSOB aholes will be willing to protect and hide jonathan, and several other Arszewipes who have been terrorizing the nation financially

Well, he can start with those immediately around him and they are aplenty. Anything else will be termed partial, sectional and he will be grounded by the 'system' or more likely turned to a poodle. I am more realistic as to what constitutes 'deliverables' concerning the Buhari experiment. His first experiment in 83 didn't achieve anything but confirm how the average Nigerian loves corruption and will do just about anything to protect his pet sins.

No, I can't see anything fundamentally change in this regard.
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by nkowaputa(m): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2120512/nigerian-nation-against-general-buhari#30255508

Read what soyinka said about how buhari fought corruption
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
jars9:

How on earth would you say someone should take an uneducated 72 years old man that has been out of government for over 30 years to be his president?

Well, if you may care to know, Buhari won't rule with decrees and this time around it will be laws as entrenched in the constitution. So the era of waking up and enacting a decree is over. Looking at the people bankrolling his campaign and the party, they are a collection of aggrieved congregational congress according to Soludo. These guys are angry because, they have not being able to lay their hands on our common wealth.

Come to think of it Nigerians ,can Buhari cope with the complexities of modern leadership? We are in a situation in Nigeria where the President outsourced his responsibilities because he isn't capable and we are clamouring for someone that is even super clueless. Yes, he has no integrity........Well, time will tell. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is like fighting unemployment benefit and immigration issues in the UK.

Can't make his past my children's future he will loose woefully, if he could not achieve his aim then as a military ruler he can't now we are only deceiving ourselves,

MOST ESPECIALLY NOW THAT NIGERIANS KNOW HE HAS CERTIFICATE CORRUPTION HANGING OVER HIS NECK AND OTHER UNACCOUNTED MISSING MONEY TRACED TO HIS ACOOUNT TAUGHT HE CLAIMED NOT TO HAVE A FOREIGN ACCOUNT.

Are you through?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by sphinx54: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
jars9:

How on earth would you say someone should take an uneducated 72 years old man that has been out of government for over 30 years to be his president?

Well, if you may care to know, Buhari won't rule with decrees and this time around it will be laws as entrenched in the constitution. So the era of waking up and enacting a decree is over. Looking at the people bankrolling his campaign and the party, they are a collection of aggrieved congregational congress according to Soludo. These guys are angry because, they have not being able to lay their hands on our common wealth.

Come to think of it Nigerians ,can Buhari cope with the complexities of modern leadership? We are in a situation in Nigeria where the President outsourced his responsibilities because he isn't capable and we are clamouring for someone that is even super clueless. Yes, he has no integrity........Well, time will tell. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is like fighting unemployment benefit and immigration issues in the UK.

Can't make his past my children's future he will loose woefully, if he could not achieve his aim then as a military ruler he can't now we are only deceiving ourselves,

MOST ESPECIALLY NOW THAT NIGERIANS KNOW HE HAS CERTIFICATE CORRUPTION HANGING OVER HIS NECK AND OTHER UNACCOUNTED MISSING MONEY TRACED TO HIS ACOOUNT TAUGHT HE CLAIMED NOT TO HAVE A FOREIGN ACCOUNT.

What is this one saying

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
That is my birthday..great buhari for ever..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by stainlex(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
Title of post should be "Asked"...#JustSaying
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by canalily(m): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:
So upon the whole , this wasn't propaganda at all, He really wanted to battle corruption and he really did , he even asked citizens to contribute and report sighting of Politicians

I hope the same happens this February when M.Buhari wins the presidential,What i'll love to see is if those MEND and MASSOB aholes will be willing to protect and hide jonathan, and several other Arszewipes who have been terrorizing the nation financially
...indeed u are a bull, ewu, aturu, otele, ekwensuangry...you and ur buharia should define corruption. You people shuld go and spot IBB ATIKU, ABACHA, ETC FIRST.
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by OLUJAY4REAL: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
makzeze:
Sai Buhari/Osinbajo

...and telling lies under oath (perjury) and certificate forgery are not corruption. Stop wasting you time. With these moral and litigation burdens Buhari,s ambition of becoming the president of this country is a MERE MIRRAGE a
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Reference(m): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
mrrock:
Buhari's regime was a brutal government and nobody (corrupt or non corrupt) had freedom of any sort. A man who unseated a democratically elected government of Shehu Shagari and ruled with maximum tyranny on the disguised slogan of war against indiscipline- WAI.

No, I'm not with you on this one. That he is contesting the third time is a clear enough reminder to him that he cannot possibly be a maxim ruler and that those tyranical genes are simply gone. He will have to negotiate and seek consensus on just about everything and this is where I fear for the over reaching, over confident, excitable electorate. It may not happen, it may not happen fast and it may not happen as expected.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Rilwayne001: 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
No wonder why they hate him so much
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by OLUJAY4REAL: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
makzeze:
Sai Buhari/Osinbajo

...and telling lies under oath (perjury) and certificate forgery are not corruption? Stop wasting you time. With these moral and litigation burdens Buhari,s ambition of becoming the president of this country is a MERE MIRRAGE
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Ahmeduana(m): 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

A £UCKING LIE! WHERE IS THE LINK TO THE CONCORTED FABRICATED IMAGINATED LIES! SOURCING NEWS FROM RT
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by senerio: 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
DaBullIT:

pls dnt 4get tinubu,amaechi n odas frm apc make we c hw bush meat wan catch hunter
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by watchindelta(m): 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
Op but I doubt this time undecided because this time thieves too surround am undecided
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by stagger: 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
mrofficial:

And how much was Peugeot then? grin. Peugeot must be very expensive then if $5.1m could not buy it. cheesy

A station wagon cost 16,000 naira. A relation bought one in 1984 and showed to us!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by vicogu76(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
grin
kennygee:
Yinmu

Let him start from all those funding his campaign.
he will use four years to pay his dept b/4 he 'll finish naija grin corruption ko constuction ni
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by watchindelta(m): 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
Op but I doubt this time undecided because this time thieves too surround am undecided apart of osinbajo n fashola undecided
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
nellyjohn:
To start with, Buhari will never smell that seat. Besides, Buhari is the most corrupt person along side with his colleagues Tinbu, Rochas, Amechi, OBJ, IBB and co. They are the worst corrupt leaders Nigeria ever had
keep daydreaming, ur dream will stop by Feb 17 when Buhari is declared winner.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by IVORY2009(m): 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
mrofficial:

And "How much did Nwobodo stole" ? grin

Jim Nwobodo stole only five hundred thousand naira only, and baba Burhari used bullala to wipe his bottom and throw him into jail.
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by OLUJAY4REAL: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
sphinx54:

What is this one saying
The facts!!! Buhari can never again be the president of Nigeria again with these litigation burdens on him. Even the core APC members know the've made mistake by presenting him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
U've bn rendering abuses on people, like a prostitute, nawa oo, its so not proper mehn!! U mustn't reply every quote u know...
TheSonOfMark:

Hey, who do we have here? Oh! It's the dimwitted, bionic, irrational and morally-bankrupt transvestite whose clichéd hogwash are motivated by the ill-funds made available to it (yes, it - since you are a robot).

You aren't my match - you're below me.

APC hooligans screaming "Change". Meanwhile Gov. Amaechi awarded himself a lifetime pension in 2012.

https://www.nairaland.com/954217/governor-amaechi-awards-himself-lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by mrrock: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
Reference:

No, I'm not with you on this one. That he is contesting the third time is a clear enough reminder to him that he cannot possibly be a maxim ruler and that those tyranical genes are simply gone. He will have to negotiate and seek consensus on just about everything and this is where I fear for the over reaching, over confident, excitable electorate. It may not happen, it may not happen fast and it may not happen as expected.

Unfortunately, your fears are based on facts. Buhari have no idea Nigeria of today is no longer the Nigeria of the 80's where a single man or the north had maximum authority over Nigeria. He's coming in as a military man with tyrannical tendencies. Remember he or his crew were the one that said they "will make the country ungovernable, if Jonathan win'' the last election. Another comment credited to him is inciting his followers to "kill them" if they can't allow them protect their votes.
Further, he said in one more speech that "the blood of monkeys and baboons" shall litter the street. This doesn't sound to me like a reformed person as you contemplated.

All these reveals the mind of a dictator.
Re: Buhari Regime Asks Nigerians To Report Sightings Of Fugitive Corrupt Politicians by Dominionng(m): 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
spott:

$5.1 Million

$5.1m in the 80s? shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / 31 Stolen Inec’s Card Readers Recovered From Rivers’ Bush / US Donates $5bn To MNJTF For Fight Against Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.