Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi (1015 Views)

The Death Trap Called Abuja-Okene-Benin Highway (Photos) / Suleiman Afegbua Assassinated On Benin-Auchi Road (pics) / Terrible Situation Of Benin Auchi Road By Aduwawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by uzomaebo: 9:13am On Jan 31, 2015
A fan who survived armed robbery and Boko Haram attacks along Okene Auchi road in Kogi yesterday narrates his story on facebook.

Relax and enjoy the story....

I just had an encounter with Boko Haram/armed robbers about four hours ago along Okene-Auchi road.I was just going through my phone when I heard a loud sound, I thought it was just tire that burst, for wia, after moving about 20 mins we saw some guys in army uniform with pump action moving towards us menacingly.The bus at our back overtook us with full speed,perhaps thinking he could dodge those guys. (This thing happened before my very eyes). For no explicable reason, after swerving and swerving, he skidded off the road and somersaulted into the bush by the road side.People were shouting, “Driver reverse”!! Lo and behold, from our back came running 4 or 5 guys,some with machete and others with pump action guns.I knew the show was up. They told us to come
down and lie down beside the road.“Jesus, so this is how people die”, I thought. One of them lighted me one slap I will never forget in a hurry. I just lay down and started thinking about
my life.I started thinking about the family I would have raised, with the kids. Thinking of my TRUE friends,“will they miss me?”, I thought aloud. The man
beside me was already having a seizure, making it hard for me to concentrate.So they started collecting monies, but inexplicably refused to collect phones.Then came the moment. After the excruciating moments of sober reflections, we heard a thick Fulani accent that said, “oya move one by one towards this place”. I made sure I was among the last, so if they started killing, at least I will savour the last moments of my short life.
“Continue dey waka for ground!”, barked one of them. Thats how we crawled from the main road
into the bush. Surely God touched their hearts.Finally, after waiting for a while inside the bush, we came out. I and some other guys ran to the bus that skidded off the road, about 50 metres from our present location. We noticed the hiace bus didn't have any passengers in it GRATEFULLY. After looking around, we saw the body of a young man,his skull battered, with blood all over him. We solicited support to take him to the hospital,everyone ran away. Till now, it still hurts be that I
left a dying man alive.

LESSONS I LEARNED
1. My brother and sister, life is short, make your ways right with God.
2. Talk is cheap, facebook and real life are not the same.
3. There can NEVER be one Nigeria.
4. Those Hausa Fulanis, before God changed their hearts, were targeting Igbos and Christians.
5. Live your life like today will be your last.
6. Don’t wait to experience it before you believe what I have outlined.
7. Relish your present moments, value your friends and especially your family because at the end
nothing else will matter.
8. Don't live in the comfort of your home and assume you know what terror is all about.
Thank God I am alive, many more things to achieve. Amen.

God really helped you.May all praises be unto your Holy name forever,Amen.

Source: http:///xls

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by baski92(m): 9:19am On Jan 31, 2015
Thank God 4 mercy journey
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by Adeoba10(m): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2015
So u come dey laugh after dey rob u finish? Thunder fire anybody wey dey lie
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by uzomaebo: 9:24am On Jan 31, 2015
Adeoba10:
So u come dey laugh after dey rob u finish? Thunder fire anybody wey dey lie
Wetin wan person wey come from hell do?Abina cry ba?
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by adebisiolumide5(m): 9:26am On Jan 31, 2015
sorry...
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by ShakurM(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2015
Pause
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by Mutuwa(m): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2015
They wer the ones that told u they wer targeting igbos and Christians abi..no wonder u said naija will never be one.. angry
See how an errorneous conscience is never aware of its mistakes,it thinks its always subjectively right when very much objectively wrong..

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by Vicotex(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2015
Bokoharam don penetrate auchi?
I talk am b4 APC=BH
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by sholatech(m): 9:44am On Jan 31, 2015
May God continue to protect us. I perfectly understand what you went through having gone through similar experience on Okene- Lokoja road by similar Hausa speaking robbers
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by hedonistic: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2015
This Okene axis is always a problem. Sorry man. May God never allow us witness these things.

But I think they were mere Fulani robbers, not Boko Haram. Otherwise they would have slaughtered everybody.
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by olamonsor2: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2015
Thank God for your Life.
Seun front page
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by rozayx5(m): 10:01am On Jan 31, 2015
so bad, dont know why lugard joined us together with these terrorists undecided
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by aadanna24: 10:33am On Jan 31, 2015
Thank God for ur life
Re: How I Survived Armed Robbery And Boko Haram Attacks Along Okene Auchi Road,Kogi by chat2deen(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2015
Haba osufia in London, u jam BH and u are still alive? When they promise to litter the soil with blood of people, u are an alarmist. Search ur hrt and always say the truth. You might have met highway chiefs whom u passed their kingdom n dey decide to remind u of there presence.

(1) (Reply)

The Documentary PDP Did Not Want You To See (Viewer Discretion Advised) / Lai Mohammed And Son, In ILLEGAL Dredging Scandal / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The Wold And Their Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.