Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children (1505 Views)

Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? / 15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex...should I Tell Their Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by luigiajah(m): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2015
1. I Always Took The First/Second Position In Primary/Secondary School

Personally, I've Heard This From Many Parents. This is usually when their kids fail in school.  Sometimes I wonder,  "If All These Parents Took The First Position In School, Which Person Took The Last Position".
One of my friends was engaged in a hot argument with his dad. Sorry for the stunted pidgin   -

"John, See As You Be.. Common Book You No even Sabi, When I been DY Primary School na first out of 200.. I dy carry"
After Looking At His Dad Angrily, He Sharply Replied.,

"Papa, Na Lie You Dy Lie, Remember Say You Tell Me Say NA Only 4 Una Been DY For Class"

Lol

The Beating He Got That Day... SMH

2. Tell Me The Truth, I won't do anything to you.

This one is especially when you do something wrong and you're trying to lie about it.. They Say Truth Is Bitter.. In this case it really is.. The kind of beating you'll receive if your parents are strict disciplinarians.. I pity you.. But This Doesn't Mean You Have To Lie.. Just Avoid Things That'll Make You Lie

3. If You Keep Frowning, Your Face Will Remain Like That..

Whenever We Made Faces As Kids.. This Lie Always Comes In Handy

4. If You Go Out At Night, A Ghost Would Carry You Off

Many Of Us Fell For This Classic Lie... When I was Like Six, I would have Never Believed This if Nature Hadn't Aided It.. I can remember Vividly, I was going to wee outside, that was in the village, during harmattan.. I stepped out with courage since there was steady electricity, as I was about easing my self, there was a power cut and darkness covered everywhere.. The harmattan wind blew up a white shirt in the air.. The kind of speed I used to hurry in.. Was Probably Ten Times That Of Usain Bolt..

5. If you swallow a fruit seed, a tree will grow in your stomach..

When I was Told This, One Day I Swallowed A Seed and started Crying.. My Sis Rushed To See What Happened.. I told her, "A tree will grow in my stomach" , After Taunting Me For A While, She Told Me It was A Lie.. My childish mind still didn't believe till after a week when nothing happened to me..

Feel Free To Add Yours

http:///liars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by okpamson15(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2015
If u carry 1st i wil buy u bicycle. During civil war i was in a war front
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 31, 2015
My mum use to tell me not to play with boys,that if I do, I will get pregnant! shocked
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by psyqs(m): 11:12am On Jan 31, 2015
No. 1 tho, most common
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by teewai3(m): 11:16am On Jan 31, 2015
rubey:
My mum use to tell me not to play with boys,that if I do, I will get pregnant! shocked

lwkmd...so wats ur action towards guyz at dat time?
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by luigiajah(m): 11:17am On Jan 31, 2015
okpamson15:
Civil War... That One Sure Pass!! grin
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by luigiajah(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2015
okpamson15:
Civil War... That One Sure Pass!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 31, 2015
teewai3:

lwkmd...so wats ur action towards guyz at dat time?

I hated boys embarassed
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by teewai3(m): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2015
rubey:

I hated boys embarassed

lol..too bad!! bt i knw the reverse is d case now!
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 31, 2015
teewai3:

lol..too bad!! bt i knw the reverse is d case now!

I still hate boys! tongue
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by teewai3(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2015
rubey:

dont worry we still love you grin ...
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by jendy36(m): 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
1,2,5 though.
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by hahn(m): 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
rubey:

As long as you open your legs for us to penetrate we don't really care
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by luigiajah(m): 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
rubey:

I hated boys embarassed
hated but now it's changed
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by Shugaryme(f): 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
No. 5 grin
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by Cyb3rhack3r: 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2015
Shugaryme:
No. 5 grin

grin.. True Talk
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by JahzaraAde(f): 1:26am On Feb 02, 2015
My parents always say,

"We met each other in the library, whilst we were both studying".

....sure!
Re: 5 Most Common Lies Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children by lilmax(m): 7:01am On Feb 02, 2015
Tell me the truth “i wont hurt you“ if i hear

(1) (Reply)

Father Makes Son Smash Up His Xbox Because He Got Bad Grades In School [video] / Working Class Nigerian Ladies And House Wives Who Is More Prone To Cheating.. / Sweet Leaking And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.