Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (888090 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by dafgee(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
@tenderlaw, please is it allowed to come with my laptop? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2packer(m): 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

For the jogging, I heard its abt 3.2km (2 miles). Personally, I don't know how I can measure the road, so I just jog to the bustop and jog back home. Its kinda far tho cos it takes me abt 15mins. Did it yestday and today.
Oga @tenderlaw cud give us a better insight into it sha.

Depending on the speed at which you take the race, have seen someone finish onne race in 10 mins, I have alalso seen another finished in 10mins 15 secs and fainted afterwards, so pls prepare your minds......my secret to finish that onne race in 11 mins is to start with considerable speed and when you are ahead of every one then maintain a steady pace and ensure no one passes you, but in all pls don't over push else you may finish with ambulance parade

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2packer(m): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
dafgee:
@tenderlaw, please is it allowed to come with my laptop?

You can go with all your gadgets but if you are finally selected just leave your gadgets in your father's house, because in that land of no return,,,,, there is no single peace there

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
2packer:

Depending on the speed at which you take the race, have seen someone finish onne race in 10 mins, I have alalso seen another finished in 10mins 15 secs and fainted afterwards, so pls prepare your minds......my secret to finish that onne race in 11 mins is to start with considerable speed and when you are ahead of every one then maintain a steady pace and ensure no one passes you, but in all pls don't over push else you may finish with ambulance parade
10mins?? Omo mehn... Guys no dey smile o. I just pray I can make it in time sha. Dats the most important.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 2:08am On Nov 18, 2015
2Packer has answered very accurately. He who has ears...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2packer(m): 4:27am On Nov 18, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

10mins?? Omo mehn... Guys no dey smile o. I just pray I can make it in time sha. Dats the most important.

For this selection board, just target, 15 to 16miins, but if selected after they finish with you in three months you will be achieving 11 mins at most just so you can see peace.....
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2015
2Packer and tenderlaw...... Pls is d distance to cover a flat ground or uphill or uphill to sloopy ground? Tnx
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2015
bwaley:
2Packer and tenderlaw...... Pls is d distance to cover a flat ground or uphill or uphill to sloopy ground? Tnx

It's mostly flat...but on d return trip there's a slightly elevated portion, towards d end.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2015
One other thing...when u get to Onne you will see some gallant guys and girls jogging every morning. It is good to exercise there but be wise. Don't jog on d day of d race, so as to save your energy. Just keep your ears to d ground...d race will not happen until everybody has completed medical. Once medicals is rounded up, save your energy. It'll be bad that you already gassed yourself out before d race that day.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2015
Tenderlaw, u've been a great help........ So does it mean dat deir are no specific things we'll b doing daily...... I mean if ur state is nt enlisted for medical dat day, wat will one be doing? Basically, wat are d activities for d 2weeks

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2015
bwaley:
Tenderlaw, u've been a great help........ So does it mean dat deir are no specific things we'll b doing daily...... I mean if ur state is nt enlisted for medical dat day, wat will one be doing? Basically, wat are d activities for d 2weeks

While some are doing medical, others will be doing interview. If you are one of those states to finish early, you will indeed have many free days there.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by odebade(f): 10:24am On Nov 18, 2015
Will those finally selected be informed about their fate before the end of the camp.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
odebade:
Will those finally selected be informed about their fate before the end of the camp.
Nobody will inform u about abytin but those dat failed medicals will not be allow to join d race..
U most not come first to be qualified for the final list... I know of sone1 dat was on d last batch and still make d final list last year

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
The final list will take about 2 month around February before they release it.. So after Onne the list goes to Abuja HQ again where they pick d final people. The final list is not compile in Onne.. They only do grading dere...

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
The distance of d race is from The main gate Onne gate down to were they hav Primary school(after the Hospital). And back to the gate...

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by odebade(f): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
pijay:

Nobody will inform u about abytin but those dat failed medicals will not be allow to join d race..
U most not come first to be qualified for the final list... I know of sone1 dat was on d last batch and still make d final list last year

By the last batch, do u mean that at the end of the race, the candidates will be grouped into batches depending on the finishing time?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
odebade:

By the last batch, do u mean that at the end of the race, the candidates will be grouped into batches depending on the finishing time?

Exactly.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Siraleeyu(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
Please how many set of clothes is fair for one to bring along?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
Siraleeyu:
Please how many set of clothes is fair for one to bring along?

Bring what you can afford. Just make sure you keep one set for interview. You must wear a clean white singlet under your white shirt o.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Siraleeyu(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
tenderlaw:

Bring what you can afford. Just make sure you keep one set for interview. You must wear a clean white singlet under your white shirt o.
With the navy blue short?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Siraleeyu:

With the navy blue short?

Kindly read your requirements again.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
tenderlaw:

Kindly read your requirements again.

Lol...Oga @tenderlaw u don too try for here Sir. Abeg just undastand dat most of us are tensed so u will see more funny questions from us. I really admire ur caring heart.

I don read taya, I don jog, just thinking of how the action is gonna go down next week. Finally, I dey pray fire and brimstone. Lol. Success to us all.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by bwaley(m): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
Please tenderlaw, don't b annoyed o, Biko........ Will dey allow us to enter on Sunday evening?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
bwaley:
Please tenderlaw, don't b annoyed o, Biko........ Will dey allow us to enter on Sunday evening?

If you come on Sunday night you will still be allowed in, but you'll most likely feed yourself that night.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by killercute16(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
tenderlaw:
For d interview session, your clothes and canvas/trainer must be impeccable. Very neat. I advice you reserve a new set for that day. A washed one can never look that sweet.

D questions are too many to start talking here...d interviewers have an endless supply of questions so you will hardly be asked what they have already asked someone else.

D best you can do is hope for what you know. And try to answer your own professional area very well.

Be bold but not arrogant. Navy is all about confidence.

When you walk in, move smartly to d center and stop. Greet d head of d board...just say Morning sir. Make it audible. Abeg, DON'T say sirs...there is only one sir there. He is d one in d center of d panel. You cant miss him.

Don't sit until told to do so. When they ask you to sit, you bloody well sit down and don't act as if you want to be loyal by standing up.

After d interview, when asked to go, stand smartly, acknowledge d big man again, and walk out smartly.

When talking, look directly at d particular person that asked you d question. Remember, for this interview, eye contact will be interpreted as confidence, not arrogance. Speak loudly but don't shout.

One other thing, in your professional area, be bold. Even if you know you are saying rubbish, say it with boldness. If your interviewer insists that a particular point you made is wrong, just say, "Request to update myself after this time sir". They will leave you alone, and you will still get your full marks.

All d best.

Am not in concern of this thread,but i gat to say Broda you are good at this lyk very very good,i dont need to see you personally to affirm to my conclusion.All i can is Goodluck in your endeavours,the sky is just ur starting point sir.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Siraleeyu(m): 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
killercute16:
Am not in concern of this thread,but i gat to say Broda you are good at this lyk very very good,i dont need to see you personally to affirm to my conclusion.All i can is Goodluck in your endeavours,the sky is just ur starting point sir.
exactly, his input is helpful
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
killercute16:

Thanks sir. I dey blush grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by odebade(f): 6:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
Pls sirs, one more thing, can pry school leaving cert and waec cert bearing the names of d pry and second schl resp be used as testimonial frm pry and second schl?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by killercute16(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
tenderlaw:

Thanks sir. I dey blush grin
Lol....i think i will introduce my bro to this thread,the chap is still serving sha.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
odebade:
Pls sirs, one more thing, can pry school leaving cert and waec cert bearing the names of d pry and second schl resp be used as testimonial frm pry and second schl?

I believe that those should be adequate.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ceemac: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
tenderlaw:

Hello bro. D medical segment is quite simple...they will check everything. Xray, eye test, urine and blood tests.
First of all, you will be made to take off ALL your clothes. This is where they will check for tattoos, hernia, pile and surgery. Some doctors may check for flatfoot...not all. Flatfoot check is basically visual, there is no instrument for it, so it depends on d doctor u meet.
Like I said earlier, women should start blood tonic now; don't let menses rule you out from anaemia. Once you get to Onne don't just start enjoying suya and fish...it will affect proteins in your urine test.
On d day of d medical, for God's sake shave your armpit and pubes. Don't let doctors there make jest of you publicly. And please wear clean underwear.

Before going for the medical, DON'T RUSH, DON'T RUN. All these will mess with your results.
My people, don't get sick in Onne. You will hear them encouraging you to visit d clinic if you feel sick...but don't try it. Once your name enters that sick book only God can save you into d successful list of candidates. You better swallow your antimalarials before you go.

All in all, pray very well. Disqualification on medical grounds is an area that not even d CNS as your godfather will interfere. Doctors have d final say, so pray and don't phuck it up with your own hands.
All d best.

Boss, you have done so well baba! Indeed you are a Boss! Can I kindly PM you for onward conversation! You really have been very useful!

Jah Bless!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
ceemac:

Boss, you have done so well baba! Indeed you are a Boss! Can I kindly PM you for onward conversation! You really have been very useful!

Jah Bless!

My brother, d glory is for God. I don't know why, but my phone has not been accessing PMs. So just drop your email and I'll contact you asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56