Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba (888 Views)

The Vestiges Of Kaduna Mafia Must Not Kill Aisha Buhari - Bamidele Ademola / Fayose Prostrates To Greet Bamidele Olumilua As He Visits Him At Home(pix / Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba by onyenro(m): 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
Muhammadu Buhari has denied his role in the
December 1983 coup however the example of the
late Major Bamidele betrays Buhari's complicity in
the December 1983 coup. Nigerian military
historians Max Siollun and Nowa Omoigui note that
when Major Bamidele got wind of the coup to oust
Shagari, Bamidele reported the issue up the chain
of command to his GOC 3rd Armored Division
(Major General Buhari) who was allegedly in on the
plot. To prevent Bamidele from leaking the plot,
Buhari ordered the arrest and detention of Bamidele
for 2 weeks. Bamidele wasn't released until the
successful execution of the coup. Learning from
this unfortunate experience, Bamidele didn't report
any rumors of the so-called Vatsa coup (between
1985 and 1986) and was executed for it. [17]
Bamidele's words to the Special Military Tribunal
that tried and convicted him are:
"I heard of the 1983 coup planning, told my
GOC General Buhari who detained me for two
weeks in Lagos. Instead of a pat on the back, I
received a stab. How then do you expect me to
report this one? This trial marks the eclipse of
my brilliant and unblemised career of 19 years.
I fought in the civil war with the ability it
pleased God to give me. It is unfortunate that
I'm being convicted for something which I
have had to stop on two occasions. This is not
self adulation but a sincere summary of the
qualities inherent in me. It is an irony of fate
that the president of the tribunal who in 1964
felt that I was good enough to take training in
the UK is now saddled with the duty of
showing me the exit from the force and the
world" [18]
Re: Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba by Alleybuy(m): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
His ppl no doubt still sheepishly follow gmb
Re: Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba by onyenro(m): 11:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Alleybuy:
His ppl no doubt still sheepishly follow gmb
I feel the yorubas who are supposed to be more learned and shining paths for others to follow are doing this nation a disservice by supporting an oppressor and backstabber who does not take responsibility.
The Bible says I have seen another evil. Servants on horse back and princes on foot. A clear case of buhari on horse back and osibanjo on foot. This is an EVIL
Re: Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba by balash(m): 12:11am On Feb 01, 2015
Military Era is different from Democratic ERA you people can't seize to amaze me with folds lies u always go bring just to destroy buhari's reputation.

So a tribunal tried him for knowing of an imminent coup and kept quiet and u said he was innocent? U people just take military terms like a cup of tea and none of you all have been close to a barrack.

Its a simple logic probably buhari knew about the coup too and kept quiet since it might resullt in his death too and they instead tried looking for solution to their lives and we all know yoruba people no dey use ear hear say death dey come they will shout ni.so they arrested you for 2weeks and after coup released you again and you couldn't go forward and confirm reason or so?.

Maybe they kept him under arrest so he doesn't shout about everything he knew and u people come here to say jack? So insyd all this bamidele issue now which one talk say make I as a yoruba man no vote for buhari? Na only yoruba man dey nigeria?? Na only yoruba buhari go rule over?? Common sense is not common..
Re: Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba by jayonpoint(m): 1:26am On Feb 01, 2015
onyenro:

I feel the yorubas who are supposed to be more learned and shining paths for others to follow are doing this nation a disservice by supporting an oppressor and backstabber who does not take responsibility.
The Bible says I have seen another evil. Servants on horse back and princes on foot. A clear case of buhari on horse back and osibanjo on foot. This is an EVIL
Wat a profound gullibility! U mean u jst swallowed dss poo nw nw? Dnt ur brain put tins to scrutiny n determine its authenticity b4 bankin on it? Wow! Tomoro u'll spread ds junk in ur neighborhood to similar otondo like u.
Re: Buhari Stabbed Bamidele A Yoruba by GBTYO: 1:35am On Feb 01, 2015
Nemesis

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Okah To Buhari: 'sit Down, You're Too Old" / Protest Against Election Postponement / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.