Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Boko Haram: Role Played By Chadian And Cameroonian Armies. (clarification) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Role Played By Chadian And Cameroonian Armies. (clarification) (769 Views)

Nigerian And Cameroonian Soldiers Conduct Joint Raid Against Boko Haram. Photos / Over 100 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed By Chadian Army / Chadian And Nigerian Airforce Carry Out Airstrikes Against Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Role Played By Chadian And Cameroonian Armies. (clarification) by publisher(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2015
Ever since the Boko Haram insurgency started in Nigeria, our government had constantly called on Chad, Cameroon and Niger to take an active role in the fight against insurgents.

Boko Haram had always taken advantage of Nigeria's porous borders with these francophone nations. Most of the territories captured by Boko Haram are very close to these borders.

There was no way Nigerian army could launch a major offensive against Boko Haram without the insurgents slipping through our borders and vanishing. Hence our troops remained defensive.

Today, things have changed; Nigeria's North-Eastern neighbours have realized that Boko Haram poses more threat to their own respective economies than that of Nigeria. In Chad for example, the insurgent's activities are getting closer to her oil reserves at the Chad basin.

The mutual suspicion that had prevented Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon from forming a united front against Boko Haram has given way to reason.

Credit must be given to the current administration of President Goodluck Jonathan for preventing Boko Haram from establishing firm roots in Nigeria's interior, though many suicide attacks did occur.

Recent activities of Chadian and Cameroonian armies on captured border towns within Nigeria are under the auspices of a Multi-National Joint Task force agreement LED BY NIGERIA.

I advise certain sections of the Nigerian opposition to stop selling the narrative that our gallant Nigerian troops are laid back while Chadian and Cameroonian army do all the fighting, it's totally false.

God bless Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.

Source:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Role Played By Chadian And Cameroonian Armies. (clarification) by papaejima1: 11:45am On Feb 01, 2015
Bros, there is no need to bother yourself. We know the truth.
Re: Boko Haram: Role Played By Chadian And Cameroonian Armies. (clarification) by luvmijeje(f): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Disjointed defense........ lack of a coherence in the writeup. God knows I'm not surprised but I'm embarrassed that Chad....... CHAD! could come in to do the job of the Nigeria Army. I'm greatful to the Chadian government .
Re: Boko Haram: Role Played By Chadian And Cameroonian Armies. (clarification) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
luvmijeje:
Disjointed defense........ lack of a coherence in the writeup. God knows I'm not surprised but I'm embarrassed that Chad....... CHAD! could come in to do the job of the Nigeria Army. I'm greatful to the Chadian government .
they are not doing the job of the Nigerian Army madam.we are only seeing the results of a joint coperation which they refused doing previously in the past.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ahmadu Ali And The Blindness In Nigerians / The Chinese Communist Party "All Party Members Must Be An Atheist" / (photos) Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe Falls On Red Carpet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.