Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,801 members, 7,841,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

PDP For Lagos, Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP For Lagos, Why? (856 Views)

Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime / Jonathan’s Campaign Security Chief, 3,000 Others Dump PDP For APC In Edo / Ambassador Dumps PDP For APC In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP For Lagos, Why? by mako007(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Looking at the decay and level of corruption Nigeria is currently in after 16years under pdp led administrations, I begin to wonder why few Lagosians and its residents advocate Pdp for Lagos. I for one underwent a small scale feasibility study and I observed that few igbos especially  those at Ago/Okota/Amuwo  Odofin advocate for Pdp take over of Lagos just because they feel marginalized. I also did observe that most Yorubas Wanted Apc, but a few were passionate about "JK" saying he is a good man and can be trusted, I began to ponder how they came to their conclusions because my bible says "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man " -  Psalm 118:8 and in 
Jeremiah 9:4 - "Let everyone beware of his neighbor, and put no trust in any brother, for every brother is a deceiver, and every neighbor goes about as a slanderer"   it says in Proverbs 28:26 - 
"Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered"
(apologies for going religious just wanted to reference words of wisdom).
So what's all the fuss about JK we know, Jk we trust? 
Lastly I noticed that of most diehard JK supporters I encountered, were okada riders , yes! I understand their plight, I'm not insensitive but lets look deeply. Gov. Fashola did not ban okada outrightly he only placed them off roads that were not safe for Lagosians. It's all about the safety of lagosians, the mandate he was given by me and you when he assumed office. Why should a motorcycle ply the highway? This is a government that cares and follows rule of law. I've seen cases of how okada has destroyed lives, we all know the drill. To the okada riders and their sympathizers, have you watched closely, who really went out on okadas even on legal roads just to make money? Yea! The Nigerian Police Force, Nigeria operates Federalism and the police is controlled by the FG , so the much decay in the NPF who is supposed to uphold the rule of law goes about breaking the laws. Do you get my point? It's the pdp controlled corrupt police that went all out on okada even on legal roads.
No man is perfect, I feel Fasholas one big mistake was that he tried the transformation of lagos! How could that even be a mistake? Because we just not ready, we don't want to make sacrifices, we not patriotic, we lack basic love for the common man on the street. Talk about education, I'm a lasuite, I knw what Fashola did to the system. Now let's not stop this transformation, everything comes with a price. We are too way intelligent as a people to fall for promises , at least that's what PDP is about.  To be a great nation every citizen has to make meaningful contributions painstakingly. It's not about what Nigeria would do for you, what would you do for Nigeria. There is no national cake. Stealing is corruption.

So I'm open to hear views from nairlanders on why PDP should take Lagos. Please lets point out facts and not hear say like tinubu ceded the whole of lekki to his name, pls let's discuss facts. As far as I'm concerned I want the best man to win and continue the transformations . Buh as of now I know for sure it cant come from Pdp.

2 Likes

Re: PDP For Lagos, Why? by Udehpaschal1(m): 12:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
@op, cry me a river..

In JK we trust
Vote jimi agbaje for lagos 2015
Lagos is not tinubu's personal property!

1 Like

Re: PDP For Lagos, Why? by not4sure(m): 12:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
mako007:
Looking at the decay and level of corruption Nigeria is currently in after 16years under pdp led administrations, I begin to wonder why few Lagosians and its residents advocate Pdp for Lagos. I for one underwent a small scale feasibility study and I observed that few igbos especially  those at Ago/Okota/Amuwo  Odofin advocate for Pdp take over of Lagos just because they feel marginalized. I also did observe that most Yorubas Wanted Apc, but a few were passionate about "JK" saying he is a good man and can be trusted, I began to ponder how they came to their conclusions because my bible says "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man " -  Psalm 118:8 and in 
Jeremiah 9:4 - "Let everyone beware of his neighbor, and put no trust in any brother, for every brother is a deceiver, and every neighbor goes about as a slanderer"   it says in Proverbs 28:26 - 
"Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered"
Lastly I noticed that of most diehard JK supporters I encountered, were okada riders , yes! I understand their plight, I'm not insensitive but lets look deeply. Gov. Fashola did not ban okada outrightly he only placed them off roads that were not safe for Lagosians. It's all about the safety of lagosians, the mandate he was given by me and you when he assumed office. Why should a motorcycle ply the highway? This is a government that cares and follows rule of law. I've seen cases of how okada has destroyed lives, we all know the drill. To the okada riders and their sympathizers, have you watched closely, who really went out on okadas even on legal roads just to make money? Yea! The Nigerian Police Force, Nigeria operates Federalism and the police is controlled by the FG , so the much decay in the NPF who is supposed to uphold the rule of law goes about breaking the laws. Do you get my point? It's the pdp controlled corrupt police that went all out on okada even on legal roads.
No man is perfect, I feel Fasholas one big mistake was that he tried the transformation of lagos! How could that even be a mistake? Because we just not ready, we don't want to make sacrifices, we not patriotic, we lack basic love for the common man on the street. Talk about education, I'm a lasuite, I knw what Fashola did to the system. Now let's not stop this transformation, everything comes with a price. We are too way intelligent as a people to fall for promises , at least that's what PDP is about.  To be a great nation every citizen has to make meaningful contributions painstakingly. It's not about what Nigeria would do for you, what would you do for Nigeria. There is no national cake. Stealing is corruption.

So I'm open to hear views from nairlanders on why PDP should take Lagos. Please lets point out facts and not hear say like tinubu ceded the whole of lekki to his name, pls let's discuss facts. As far as I'm concerned I want the best man to win and continue the transformations . Buh as of now I know for sure it cant come from Pdp.
So they should manage Lagos the way they manage Nigeria

1 Like

Re: PDP For Lagos, Why? by mako007(m): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
Udehpaschal1:
@op, cry me a river..

In JK we trust
Vote jimi agbaje for lagos 2015
Lagos is not tinubu's personal property!
you havnt stated your reasons
Re: PDP For Lagos, Why? by mako007(m): 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
not4sure:
So they should manage Lagos the way they manage Nigeria
abi

1 Like

Re: PDP For Lagos, Why? by myownlife(m): 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
mako007:

You are keen to know and i will tell you a few while others add theirs.
Your quoting Bible verses because today is Sunday will not buy anyones vote. I expect you to know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and owe no one no explanation. We are voting JK because we are led by the spirit to do so, if you decide to vote Ambode because you are led by Tinubu/Fashola to do so, that is your wahala. All we know is that, the spirit of God is one. Even the devil knows those Bible verses you quoted and we are not moved by such devices.
APC administration are not professional, i can tell you this from their few works that they have done. Apart from the fact that they man toll gates everywhere to enslave Lagosians, other roads they have done are too narrow. I expect their consultants to understand that Lagos is overpopulated and the population is even increasing, the knowledge of these facts will tell you that your roads must be wide. If you have been working in Lagos, especially on the island in the past 16years, that means you have been spending about 5-8hours daily in traffic for 16years. A government that only make noise through media but have been doing nothing but enriching themselves. I remembered when Tinubu came in in 1999, that he dashed our all the flats at Marwa garden built by the military admin to politicians and they will say they are building houses for the masses. The politicians will not live the houses but rent it out at exhorbitant prices, We are not fools ooo.
APC or PDP, all na thieves.

We are voting Jimi Agbaje. Chikena!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CBN Under Pressure To Devalue Naira Again / Gunmen Abduct 4 APC Members In Ekiti / Cnn Report On The War Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.