Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime (26920 Views)

2019: Why I Dumped PDP For LP – Mimiko / Adeyeye: Why I Dumped PDP For APC / Sullivan Chime Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Sanchez01: 5:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
A former Governor of Enugu State, Mr Sullivan Chime, has confirmed that he has left the PDP.

Speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Friday in Enugu, Chime said that his decision to quit the PDP was because the party was “no longer in existence in the true sense of it’’.

Chime said, however, that he had yet to join another political party, contrary to speculations that he had defected to the APC.

He said that he was still making consultations to determine the political party to join, pointing out that his decision to dump PDP had nothing to do with his corruption case with the EFCC.

“The PDP, we used to be members of is dead. The party I joined in 1999 and had the opportunity of leading in the state for eight years is no longer in existence.

“We have two groups claiming to be in charge of the party as chairman. These two, none of them can actually lay claim to the chairmanship of the party.

“There is no provision in PDP’s Constitution for interim caretaker committee led by Sen. Ahmed Maikarfi.

“The PDP convention has no power to set up a caretaker committee and did not seek to amend the party’s constitution,” he stated.

The former governor explained that Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff on his own was brought in to serve out the tenure of former PDP National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu, adding that the tenure had long elapsed.

Chime said that remaining in the PDP would be a deceit, advising his supporters to look for a better platform to actualise their political aspirations.

He said that he could not explain why INEC had not deregistered the PDP.

“It is surprising or maybe INEC has not deregistered the PDP because the organisation is no longer working in tandem with the constitution that created it.

“The PDP as originally formed has been cremated and no serious-minded politician will remain in it.

“If those still remaining feel strongly about coming together they can come back, secure de-registration of the party and then form another party.”
http://punchng.com/why-i-dumped-pdp-chime/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Nne5: 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
I could care less.APC PDP are two devilish and thieving parties.

Sadly i see NO revolution coming in Nigeria.

We'll continue running around in circles embarrassing Africa .

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Splashme: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
The PDP will bounce back

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by slimfit1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
Dump to keep your loot

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by zuby4real10(m): 5:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
so if ur current party(apc) faces de same challenges pdp are facing right now u will still dump them for another one. Just like a job seeker telling his interviewer that he left his former job cos the company is facing challenges.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by obafemee80(m): 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
Summary:
AGIP-Any Government In Power

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by kunlexy1759(m): 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2017
Which party is he going other than APC. If u cant beat them, join them.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by AtlanticBreeze: 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2017
No doubt, Chime remains the best governor from the south east since 1999 but his decamping from PDP when his person is still a PDP governor is very bad. And he should stop the "I dont belong to any party" rhetoric. We all know he is porting to APC. That was how Ken Nnamani did too. Enugu people have always played politics of the center, few moments before the governor decamps too

8 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by ObikeNkem: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
We Igbos should be ashamed of ourselves. The party we once termed as Abooki peoples congress, is the same party we are running to now

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by iyilax(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
In Baba Buri tone "chime, now that you said you are now in our party don't worry your sins has been forgiven uuuu. You can now sit-down comfortably and enjoy your loot without any molestation frm my boys (dss,efcc, etc.)" . May God save Nigeria from baddest politicians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by muykem: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
I love this part,

"He said that he could not explain why INEC had not deregistered the PDP"

12 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
“It is surprising or maybe INEC has not deregistered the PDP because the organisation is no longer working in tandem with the constitution that created it.

“thThe PDP as originally formed has been cremated and no serious-minded politician will remain in it.

I love these lines......

IPOB Miscreants, Your Political Party Is Gone! grin

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by AtlanticBreeze: 6:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

I love these lines......

IPOB Miscreants, Your Political Party Is Gone! grin
Ms Ngene which of the presidency is ruling Nigeria now, Magu presidency or DSS presidency? I'm confused

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2017
Its sad
Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by babyfaceafrica: 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
Lolz..a party termed northern part is now been flooded

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by AtlanticBreeze: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Basic123: 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
TINUBU is the only politician I respect in Nigeria.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Kingsley1000(m): 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
obiano should follow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2017
Opposition politics is an anathema to many Nigerian politicians. That is why they simply flow with the tide. Men like Tinubu ought to be respected for being in opposition for a decade and half despite the allure of mainstream politics.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
lalasticlala Seun
Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Flexherbal(m): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
Politicians are like this.
Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by madridguy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
IPOB miscreants how market? tongue

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by ALAYORMII: 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
Et tu Chime??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by maclexyiii(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
sir,you are mad.thanks

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ahh the fflaties empire has finally collapsed. Albino is in the cage at the zoo, no serious fflat head politicians remain in pdp! This are hard times for the fflatinos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by jakandeola(m): 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2017
na were moni dey u go see ibo man biafra today Nigeria tomorro dey lackd focus and ar disorganise. I sware dey will neva be a president of nigeria

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by sojiboy(m): 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hah
Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2017
madridguy:
IPOB miscreants how market? tongue
magu presidency or dss presidency which one you be grin ?

1 Like

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by ajuwarhodes(f): 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
Thief wants to explain himself
Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2017
ObikeNkem:
We Igbos should be ashamed of ourselves. The party we once termed as Abooki peoples congress, is the same party we are running to now

Don't blame your fellow fflaties, it is called mercantile politics. That is the time of politics your brothers do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Dumped PDP For APC – Sullivan Chime by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 17, 2017
Politicians... Greedy set of individuals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu: I Was Shocked Not To Be Reappointed Minister / El-Rufai Orders Ministries, Departments To Accept Old, New Naira Denominations / Rivers: Men In Military Uniforms Holding Our Officials – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.