Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,269 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! (28878 Views)

Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by harrisnimasa(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
If am wrong pls correct me.They were not allowed to ask each others question,and no question from the audience,I haven't seen a debate like that.
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Frankiss44(m): 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
okok0bioko:

There is no hatred, other guys on this thread have attested to that fact, Sambo was the only one glancing down at notes repeatedly. He also lied throughout the debate on steel production, electricity generation and so on.

You have to come up with your prove that he lied, if not am sorry its your words against his..... Sambo just have the unfair advantage of being part of the government so he knows what Nigeria and Nigerians are passing through better than the others....
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
Frankiss44:

Lolz.. It's either you didn't watch it or you are just lying... Haruna Adamu read up to 3 lines before the lady caught him and he smiled sheepishly and said "I just peed" lol...
That's what Sambo is presently doing despite seeing d questions, he's stil reading from a note..
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by okok0bioko: 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Frankiss44:

You have to come up with your prove that he lied, if not am sorry its your words against his..... Sambo just have the unfair advantage of being part of the government so he knows what Nigeria and Nigerians are passing through better than the others....

Its not my word against his, its research done by reputable local and international journalists.
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
This debate wuld've been very interesting if all the concerned party reps showed up & if conducted in a counter argument format.Just check out Obama vs Hilary Clinton & John Mcain in their presidential debate of 2008,mehn I culd'nt take my eyes off the TV for so many hours. Its apparent some of these aspirants were just woken from sleep to come & be given these VP offices on a platter og gold cos they seem really subconscious of political/economic know-how.

1 Like

Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Frankiss44(m): 9:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
olatunji21:

That's what Sambo is presently doing despite seeing d questions, he's stil reading from a note..

That's a lie... And how did you know he saw the questions, were you the person that delivered it at his villa? Nigerians will believe anything just to soothe their conscience.

Moreover, if you are sound and prepared you can go in for any examination not minding the fact that some students have expos in their pocket....
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
harrisnimasa:
If am wrong pls correct me.They were not allowed to ask each others question,and no question from the audience,I haven't seen a debate like that.
I dey tell u,nothing of this sort in history except in Naija.Check out the presidential debate btwn Obama & John Mcain in 2008,u'll just love to be part of the ruling class & will realize that presidency is serious bussiness.
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by urboy1: 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
If those are the questions that was given to PDP, that APC avoided.. then SHAME ON THEM.. those question, even a street dude will answer that.. they were elementary as F..k... Abeg dont defend mediocre... we will see channels own...

1 Like

Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Frankiss44(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
okok0bioko:

Its not my word against his, its research done by reputable local and international journalists.

Your source please ... At least a link to this research done by your so called local and international journalists
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by kay1one(m): 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
[size=14pt]Apc didn't show! Anybody that votes apc is both wicked and foolish! Sorry to say![/size]

1 Like

Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by dabossman(m): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
I guess it is safe to call this event a Vice Presidential Question & Answer session. I saw no form of debating in the real sense of the word. Oh well...

1 Like

Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Frankiss44(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
urboy1:
If those are the questions that was given to PDP, that APC avoided.. then SHAME ON THEM.. those question, even a street dude will answer that.. they were elementary as F..k... Abeg dont defend mediocre... we will see channels own...

My brother I tire... It's just like walking from your final year examination because you heard someone in the class has seen the questions before the exam...
If you are sound and you believe in what you have to offer, what's happening in the other camp shouldn't be an issue..
Osinbajo would have taken Sambo to the cleaners today... That guy's ability has never been in doubt but APC chickened out to protect Buhari...

We are just thinking Sambo is bright now because.... With all due respect, the other candidates were below average
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
osjoshua:
that stuttering illiterate woman called ARABAMWEN MARY of Peoples Party of Nigeria is wonderful... Imagine a V.P saying,"We will move higher than higher and stop giving our oil out and kill anybody that chop money"grin.......

Yeah!
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by tushburg(m): 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
Nigerians please let's not sell our self's for a plate of porridge arc. sambo is a sitting VP of d FRN for crying out loud. He is furnished with record,facts,figures,etc of progs,projs and happenings in govt. And as such should be able to articulate his party's manifesto on areas relating to mods quest.
Weda yemi osibanjo were here or not couldn't have changed a thng abt the way he spoke.

APC supporters allow hate to becloud their judgement...
SAMBO is a certified arc. And aa graduate at that...and u expect him to sound like ur GMB
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by tushburg(m): 10:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
APC kws that GMB is an illiterate and can't do better than ma mary...APC cannot debate with PDP as this will relegate apc to a place worse than kOWA
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by tushburg(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
APShits always want to see PYO debate with VP arc Sambo...u now kw dat our VP is vibrant,lettered,young and articulate shame on APC

Why not crave to see a debate between the president and Buhari?

APC...a reflection of an illiterate presidential candidate
Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by okok0bioko: 1:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
Frankiss44:

Your source please ... At least a link to this research done by your so called local and international journalists

This is the Financial Times report that cited the low and falling electricity generation in Nigeria contrary to what Sambo claimed.
http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2015/01/29/2105062/nigeria-on-the-brink/

Here is This Day Live who reported last year that Nigeria " imports about 17 million tonnes of steel yearly and produces only 2.5 million tonnes locally, the Mines and Steel Minister stressed that the situation was more wasteful because the country possesses over two billion tonnes of iron ore deposit, as well as over one trillion tonnes deposits of coal, a major ingredient in the production of steel."

This Day Live - http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerias-15m-ton-annual-steel-production-target-doubtful/170181/
As I recall, in the "debate" which was more of a Q&A session, Sambo claimed Nigeria exports something in the region of 15 million tonnes.

You are well aware of the scams and missing billions, there is no need to repeat it here, and if you are in denial then I say ignorance is bliss, you will continue living a pitiful existence in Nigeria while the rest of the world advances.

Before you start mentioning the GDP rebasing and largest economy in Africa, check out that article which states that Nigeria still has one of the worst economies. If in doubt, see this article which says "But thanks to a system of government which the Economist described recently as “broken and kleptocratic” it remains one of Africa’s weakest economies, with tens of millions of people living in abject poverty." - Financial Times

http://blogs.ft.com/nick-butler/2015/02/01/the-dangerous-tragedy-of-nigeria/? - Financial Times

Besides, what happens to the annual $6 billion defence budget?

According to the Economist - "Nigeria spends $6 billion a year on defence and security but soldiers often mutiny or desert, in part because senior officers skim off money for kit and pocket the lower ranks’ wages."

Yet soldiers are buying their own uniforms and have to depend on Chadian military assistance for air support.

Do you want more evidence are you overwhelmed?!

Re: NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! by VoteWisely: 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
#VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely #VoteWisely

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / Reno Omokri Names His Newborn Baby After Former President Goodluck Jonathan / Abule Ado Estate Crisis: Ifeanyi Ubah & Ekwunife Meet Sanwo-Olu, Sue For Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.