Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting (1600 Views)

PENGASSAN Threatens To Shut Down Oil Sector In Seven Days / Catholic Church Threatens To Sue Fayose Over Education Tax / Photo: Boko Haram Member Caught By Civilian JTF Trying To Bomb Church In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by bwgist: 12:05am On Feb 02, 2015
Consequences of disobedience by any member includes excommunication from the church.

Reports say members of Jehovah’s Witness have been banned from participating in the upcoming elections.This also includes voting or contesting for any official post in the elections.
According to PM News,the church claims that participating in an election was satanic and contrary to God’s commandment.

It was also gathered by the newspaper that members of Jehovah’s Witness were given stern warnings not to obtain voter’s cards and that they should not vote during the elections.

Reports say the consequences of disobedience by any member includes excommunication from the church.

PM News say the directive was indeed confirmed by members of the church who claimed the order was right ‘because they are still waiting for the kingdom of God that is yet to be established on earth’.

A Jehovah’s Witness pastor, James Uduok, reportedly agreed with the directive, stating that every member of Jehovah’s Witness knows that participating in election is satanic and contrary to the will of God.

The pastor also argued that the teaching of the Witness was strongly embedded in the Bible and all members must adhere strictly to the teaching or leave the congregation.

Other members had reportedly defended the decision not to vote by quoting Mathew 6: 9 and Mathew 4: 8.

It was learnt that members of Jehovah’s Witness claim that this world belongs to Satan and insist that God’s kingdom has not yet come.

Seeking the opinion of pastor who are not Jehovah’s Witnesses, PM News reports that their responses were contrary to the teaching of the Witnesses.
http://bwgist.com/featured/jehovahs-witness-church-threatens-excommunicate-member-caught-voting-upcoming-elections/
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by iPopAlomo(m): 12:10am On Feb 02, 2015
Just crazy...
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by donphilopus: 12:12am On Feb 02, 2015
These people sure don't know what they are saying. Should Politics be left for the Unbelievers alone?! And these are the same set of people who would blame Politicians tomorrow if they fail.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by siegfried99(m): 12:15am On Feb 02, 2015
I'm short of words undecided
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 02, 2015
They better leave our country for us joor. That in a way will open more spaces for some to fill those spaces thereby reducing unemployment as we all await God's kingdom while working too to keep the country forward. They better study the word of God properly instead of alienating themselves from participating in anything that promotes the good of the nation.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by hyfr(m): 12:45am On Feb 02, 2015
Madness in religious places
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by Yeske2(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Just crazy...
I'm not a Jehovah witness member but i believe creeds, style of worship, beliefs etc of everyone must be respected please.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by asadike(f): 1:29am On Feb 02, 2015
They should go and vote jor or their workers should resign from govt work. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by Austindark(m): 1:52am On Feb 02, 2015
some people are just looking for cheap popularity... or maybe just want to promote their website.

1) Jehovah's witnesses don't run services like other churches and so don't have a pastor.

2) they never prevented anyone from obtaining a voters card( temporary or PVC).

Jehovah's witnesses are politically neutral and so will never engage in the political affairs of this world( whether in Nigeria, USA or anywhere else. they have chosen to exercise their right that way and it must be respected since is legal.
they campaign solely for Jesus, they can never decamp to anywhere else(faithful). so they are focused on the service of God.
i think is time all the so called pastors start acting like them, join them to preach repentance and salvation to these corrupt politicians.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by DaBullIT(m): 2:14am On Feb 02, 2015
Anybody wey carry something put for head na wetin dey wounjure them be that

the statement if it's true is unpatriotic , even Jesus advocated the payment of tax, performing civic duties by saying

Give unto Caeser what belongs to Caeser, i do not know where the heck there own doctrine comes from

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by DaBullIT(m): 2:15am On Feb 02, 2015
asadike:
They should go and vote jor or their workers should resign from govt work. Nonsense.

Voting is a civic duty,If they don't want to vote, let them quit Government Jobs stop benefiting from anything the government is providing
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by Ymodulus: 3:25am On Feb 02, 2015
What kind of Media Institution is PM News? A very crazy one trying to score cheap Popularity I can say.

All I see in this post are nothing but lies. let me address the post systematically.

. Reports say members of Jehovah’s Witness have been banned from participating in the upcoming elections.This also includes voting or contesting for any official post in the elections.
According to PM News,the church claims that participating in an election was satanic and contrary to God’s commandment.

There are no reports. Jehovah witnesses right from time do not participate in elections, so tagging it to the upcoming election in Nigeria is pure lie. Also The way Preaching is carried out in the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses is way different from that of other Churches. Witnesses Sunday teaching or weekly study topic all comes from the pennyslavia at the headquarters of the bethel school and arranged by the faithful and discreet slaves and prepared months before and not days too.

. It was also gathered by the newspaper that members of Jehovah’s Witness were given stern warnings not to obtain voter’s cards and that they should not vote during the elections.

Lies!!!! Members were never prevented from obtaining a voters card be it temporary or permanent (I.e TVC or PVC )

. A Jehovah’s Witness pastor, James Uduok, reportedly agreed with the directive, stating that every member of Jehovah’s Witness knows that participating in election is satanic and contrary to the will of God.
Jehovah's Witnesses don't have pastors, so I don't know where PM NEWS saw one. Jehovah's witness only have elders.

Jehovah's witnesses are politically neutral and do not take part in political issues or vote. As they believe that this present governmen cannot bring Joy or happiness or peace or settle the pproblems been experienced in the world.

They believe only Jehovah's ruler ship on the new Earth can guaranty peace and no suffering.

PM news just looking to score cheap popularity. Lest I forget BWGIST might be the originator of this fake article filled of lies.

Hey before anyone insults me am not a Jehovah's witness. Am a proud ATHEIST.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by bola555(f): 3:46am On Feb 02, 2015
So They shouldn't exercise their civil right?
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by herald9: 6:01am On Feb 02, 2015
DaBullIT:
Anybody wey carry something put for head na wetin dey wounjure them be that

the statement if it's true is unpatriotic , even Jesus advocated the payment of tax, performing civic duties by saying

Give unto Caeser what belongs to Caeser, i do not know where the heck there own doctrine comes from

Jehovah's witnesses don't pay tax? Sure they do...only that they just chose to be apolitical.
Last time I checked politics is a dirty game and will always be...Any religious institution that doesn't want to go down should best steer clear.
You can see what is happening to some pastors who decided not to mind their business.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by great664(m): 6:25am On Feb 02, 2015
LIES from the pit of hell, OP where JW start dey get Pastor? Have they participated in any election before?

I pity the foools like you who will blive this thrash u wrote just like they blive everything wrote against GEJ or gmb.

Op delete this lie or face the wrath of God.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by asadike(f): 7:29am On Feb 02, 2015
DaBullIT:

Voting is a civic duty,If they don't want to vote, let them quit Government Jobs stop benefiting from anything the government is providing
my brother, d thing tire me o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by DaBullIT(m): 8:16am On Feb 02, 2015
Maybe you are right, each one of us believe in something, someone with higher, divine power though, of we embrace such attitude every one will have an excuse not to vote

herald9:

Jehovah's witnesses don't pay tax? Sure they do...only that they just chose to be apolitical.
Last time I checked politics is a dirty game and will always be...Any religious institution that doesn't want to go down should best steer clear.
You can see what is happening to some pastors who decided not to mind their business.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by fun4: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2015
They will continue with their lies against God's people since it did not start 10years ago.

Always ask this question: AMONG THE FIRST CENTURY EARLY CHRISTIANS APOSTLES WHICH OF THEM PARTICIPATED IN THE WORLD'S POLITICAL AFFAIRS-Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Timothy, Philip and the rest.

Even the scriptures tell us that Jesus Christ withdrew when the people wanted to make him king( Matthew 6:15), so why did he not accept to be made king? Why?

Please also READ UP DANIEL 2:44 and find out the prophecy that awaits these present political leaders and why any support to this present world leaders runs foul of the new heavens and new earth that christians await(2Peter 3:9,13).

Know also that as long as humans continue to look up to their political leaders rather than Jehovah God for direction, the more problems and complain they get because man was not created to lead, guide or direct himself( Jeremiah 10:23).

Did God not tell us not to put our trusts in these people to whom salvation does not belong? please READ UP PSALMS 146 3-5.

Jehovah's Witnesses observe Jesus' words to
his followers: “You are no part of the world,
but I have chosen you out of the world.”—
John 15:19.

Some who used to preach politics have
changed after making a careful study of the
Bible. An Italian politician who was a member
of Catholic Action, a church-controlled
organization, said:

“I went on to politics,
feeling that a person should contribute
actively to the political and social
development of society.” After resigning as
city mayor in order to preach God’s Kingdom
as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, he explained
why the efforts of sincere people in politics
fail.

“The world is what it is, not because
decent people have not tried to better social
conditions, but, rather, because the sincere
efforts of the few have been overcome by the
wickedness of the many.”

CONCUSION: the only solution to mankind's problem is God's kingdom and not any political leader today or tomorrow( Matthew 6:33). The world is passing away...including the nobles and political leaders...but ONLY THOSE WHO PUT THEIR TRUST IN JEHOVAH will live forever( 1 John 2:17; PSALMS 37:29).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Church Threatens To Excommunicate Any Member Caught Voting by OmolodMilkman93(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2015
Ymodulus:
What kind of Media Institution is PM News? A very crazy one trying to score cheap Popularity I can say.

All I see in this post are nothing but lies. let me address the post systematically.

There are no reports. Jehovah witnesses right from time do not participate in elections, so tagging it to the upcoming election in Nigeria is pure lie. Also The way Preaching is carried out in the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses is way different from that of other Churches. Witnesses Sunday teaching or weekly study topic all comes from the pennyslavia at the headquarters of the bethel school and arranged by the faithful and discreet slaves and prepared months before and not days too.

Lies!!!! Members were never prevented from obtaining a voters card be it temporary or permanent (I.e TVC or PVC )

Jehovah's Witnesses don't have pastors, so I don't know where PM NEWS saw one. Jehovah's witness only have elders.

Jehovah's witnesses are politically neutral and do not take part in political issues or vote. As they believe that this present governmen cannot bring Joy or happiness or peace or settle the pproblems been experienced in the world.

They believe only Jehovah's ruler ship on the new Earth can guaranty peace and no suffering.

PM news just looking to score cheap popularity. Lest I forget BWGIST might be the originator of this fake article filled of Lies.

Respect just increased for you bro. You seem to know a lot

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ / "Nigerians Should Not Expect Miracles From Me When I Assume Power- Buhari / Restructuring The South East: Ekweremadu Set To Clinch Senate Presidency-ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.