Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve (610 Views)

Soludo Is Joining The Cabinet / Nnpc: Auditor General Is Wrong On N3.2t Allegation / Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve by musiwa97: 5:28am On Feb 02, 2015
i disagree with soludo on the price of $1 and reserve

If the price of oil drop. The govt is force to make up the difference of the budget by either increasing personal taxes or company taxes. Or devalue the currency.

I think the best decision to devalue the currency is this most appropriate think to do. It means person taxes does not increase.

And you will expect more dollar to come into the economy. I have talk so powerful people of having a power programming to get rid of the dollar forex market. Which makes it easy for people to have access to the dollar. Any interest party can contact me delemusiwa@gmail.com.

2. The second issue of reserve. I believe the reserve is best this way.

If oil price fall. The only senseble thing to do is devalue the currency. And this is what iweala did.

2 Likes

Re: iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve by musiwa97: 5:31am On Feb 02, 2015
The reason for poverty, is the currency.

This is a trade treaty . so western Nigeria is expected by international law to have its own currency apart from the naira.

1 Like

Re: iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve by musiwa97: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
Government had 2 source of income.
1 taxes from personal,company and other taxes
2 income from oil and other mineral paid in dollar.

There is a drop in number 2/

Which reduce the budget. It mean to get the same amount of naira equivalent of number 2. The government most devalue naira to make the same amount of revenue from number 2. To have the total same income for its budget.

So soludo is wrong. Ngozi iweala is right.

2 Likes

Re: iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve by musiwa97: 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
It makes more external investor friendly too
Re: iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve by tonytony208(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Your comments make more sense this time around; unlike those inexplicable rantings about western Nigeria, etc, etc.
Re: iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve by obi4eze(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
The most important issue Soludo raised is the depletion of the foreign reserves from about $62 billion when Jonathan took over to $41 billion as at December 2014 even with the boom in oil prices.
Re: iweala is right, Soludo is wrong on Price Of $1 And Reserve by mumumugu(m): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Who is musiwa

(1) (Reply)

National Conscience Party Reloaded In Ondo / Photo Of Buhari Answering Questions At Organised Private Sector Meeting In Kano / Channels TV Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.