Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:51 AM

SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ (1038 Views)

“Missing” N30Trillion: Okonjo-Iweala Rebuts SERAP, Takes Legal Action / Oshiomhole Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Arms Deal / Buhari Queries Okonjo-iweala Over Diversion Of $1bn Rail Transport Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by Ovularia: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
SERAP to sue Okonjo-Iweala over ‘missing N30tn’

FEBRUARY 2, 2015 BY RAMON OLADIMEJI

A civil society group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, has asked the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, to tell Nigerians the whereabouts of the N30tn alleged to have gone missing under her watch.

The group, in a letter to the minister on Monday, asked her to, within 14 days, account for the allegedly missing sum or face a legal action.

SERAP’s demand followed the allegation by a former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, that not less than N30tn “had been missing or stolen or unaccounted for, or simply mismanaged” under Okonjo-Iweala’s watch as the Minister of Finance.

In the letter signed by its Executive Director, Adetokunbo Mumuni, SERAP said Nigerians had a right to know as the said money “represented some accrueable income to the Federal Government in the past four years.”

It said in line with the Freedom of Information Act, “your ministry has a legal duty to render account on the missing N30tn to the beneficiaries (Nigerians) of the trust, if and when called upon to do so.”

The group said the allegation levelled by Soludo called for concern because public stealing or mismanagement of public funds have been the reason for the economic hardship facing the Nigerian masses.

It added that as a key agency of the government, the Ministry of Finance had the duty to ensure that the country’s resources and wealth were only used to fulfil the basic economic and social rights of all Nigerians.

http://www.punchng.com/news/serap-to-sue-okonjo-iweala-over-missing-n30tn/

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by bettercreature(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
I cant understand why they want to sue this woman,send someone to Madueke's bedroom the money is there lipsrsealed
Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by Elslim: 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Make una de dia de sue.. dis people don chop our generation money finish
Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
ok they should go to court, she will wait for them there. if this woman can humble the senators and house of reps members several times, i just wonder what this SERAP OR SHARAP think of themselves.

Even the very vocal oby chose her words carefully when addressing this woman, same thing goes for hilary clinton .

just bring it on, she did not rise in the world bank through quota system or recommendation letter from her octopus principal.

2 Likes

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by sunkoye: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Yes....nigeria is growing. NOI should do the needful please .

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by dgr8truth(m): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nigerians and Civil Society Groups have not had it this good during some known governments. I make bold to say that we have more freedom than freedom itself.

I expect the ministry of finance to respond to Charles Soludo allegation of N30tr with accurate facts and figures.

I'm not surprise that all these are happening now that elections are just arm length away. Mr Charles Soludo is just playing politics with all these, albeit an intellectual one. I appreciate him that I now have more awareness of how our economy is being run.

Personally, I'm ok with GEJ as president for another 4years. The economy is doing well, inflation still one digit, which means the common man in the street, who is the most important nigerian is still buying goods in the market at affordable price, even though the 'dollar is murdering the naira'.

The umbrella is really doing us a perfect and great job; shedding us from what would have been grave and bending economic times.

#GEJtill2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by clevvermind(m): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
dem nor go do anything. na empty threat.
Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by LouisVanGaal(m): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Dis is just the genesis of her problems...she should wait till it gets to revelationsgringrin..GEJ would put her in trouble! And she would lose all her hard earned credibility and integrity..cause of association with a clueless crookundecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by clevvermind(m): 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
dgr8truth:
Nigerians and Civil Society Groups have not had it this good during some known governments. I make bold to say that we have more freedom than freedom itself.

I expect the ministry of finance to respond to Charles Soludo allegation of N30tr with accurate facts and figures.

I'm not surprise that all these are happening now that elections are just arm length away. Mr Charles Soludo is just playing politics with all these, albeit an intellectual one. I appreciate him that I now have more awareness of how our economy is being run.

Personally, I'm ok with GEJ as president for another 4years. The economy is doing well, inflation still one digit, which means the common man in the street, who is the most important nigerian is still buying goods in the market at affordable price, even though the 'dollar is murdering the naira'.

The umbrella is really doing us a perfect and great job; shedding us from what would have been grave and bending economic times.

#GEJtill2019.
kudos to you. you have spoken well.

2 Likes

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by sunkoye: 5:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Dis is just the genesis of her problems...she should wait till it gets to revelationsgringrin..GEJ would put her in trouble! And she would lose all her hard earned credibility and integrity..cause of association with a clueless crookundecidedundecided
if she knew tins would be this bad she would have resigned. She is definitely making serious cash to have stayed at all cost. I hope others would learn wen to stay or run. She mess up though...

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by Zeezy99: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
GEJ and his cronies are just busy blending Nigeria dry of scarce resources. The only thing standing btw Nigeria and chaos is another 4yrs with GEJ as president

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by Zeezy99: 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
dgr8truth:

#GEJtill2019.
you speak with bigotry, how many Nigerians on the street do you know that have decent jobs or a decent place to live in. We are talking about majority of ppl who live in poverty and not the few minority who are lucky to escape it,

3 Likes

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by sammyj: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by Caseless: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
If Iweala had kept shut when the intelligent prof soludo spoke, that could have saved her all these heehaws she's going to be subjected to in the coming days, rather she decided to play I-want-to-save-face game and here we're receiving the revelation of truth we've been denied by gej's gov't free of charge.
It is now intresting that pdp members(past and present) are now the ones campaigning for the apc via their actions and utterances. What more describes a change we are looking for than this?

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by dgr8truth(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
Zeezy99:
you speak with bigotry, how many Nigerians on the street do you know that have decent jobs or a decent place to live in. We are talking about majority of ppl who live in poverty and not the few minority who are lucky to escape it,

You will agree with me that it is the majority of the common men that are not being affected by the murdered naira.

As for the decent jobs and habitable environments, they are not problems created in the last 6years in fact they weren't created in the last 16years neither were they compounded. Nigeria is moving forward, although not at your expected pace, but still it is a fact you can't takeaway, we are moving forward.

Finally, you don't have to call me a bigot to type an opposite view of the current state of nigeria. I have right to my own opinion just as you have right to yours.

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by babadem2much(m): 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
Chai! I know this woman must have a case to answer with that her head tie n glasses even de way her eyes de shine go tell you say monkey smart. May God save us from corrupt leaders and followers

1 Like

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by tonytony208(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
These biased people have started again. Buhari is certificateless, but no civil group is suing him. Some angry elements, called soludo, just accuse iweala without evidence and they started raising their steupid, graceless and ugly heads. Does soludo have evidence? Mba. But as long as any claim will pull gej down, they will rise up.

2 Likes

Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by biafranqueen: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Zeezy99:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/analects/2013/02/chinas-poor

Check out how China is worst than Nigeria.
So you expect GEJ to fix the problem in 4.9 years?
Re: SERAP To Sue Okonjo-iweala Over ‘missing N30trillion’ by biafranqueen: 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2015
tonytony208:
These biased people have started again. Buhari is certificateless, but no civil group is suing him. Some angry elements, called soludo, just accuse iweala without evidence and they started raising their steupid, graceless and ugly heads. Does soludo have evidence? Mba. But as long as any claim will pull gej down, they will rise up.
https://www.nairaland.com/2126587/soludos-misinformation-1
He has non Brose!

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out!!!newspapers' Headlines On February 16th,2015 / How Did goodluck Jonathan Start Bearing Azikwe? / US Law Firm Confirms Obanikoro’s Case Against Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.