Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC (20638 Views)

Osun Denies Receiving N82b From FG / How Ex-governor Suswam Diverted N3bn From Benue State Treasury – EFCC / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Omooba77: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
Wife of the President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, on Monday denied a media report (not THE PUNCH) that she was paid N3billion by the Niger Delta Development Commission to facilitate the agency’s 2015 Budget.

The report had claimed that apart from the sum, Mrs. Jonathan collaborated with a former Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, in a number of schemes that enabled them loot the resources of the NDDC.

But the President’s wife, in a statement by her media assistant, Ayo Adewuyi, described the report as hoax.

Adewuyi further said the report was aimed at misleading unsuspecting members of the public and recruit them into their hate campaign against Mrs. Jonathan.

He added that the step was meant to again portray her as an overbearing and intrusive woman against her well known passion for peace and advancement of the cause of women and children in Nigeria.

The statement read, “Nigerians are very conversant with the workings of the National Assembly regarding passage of Budgets.

“Parliamentary process requires that the Appropriation Bill goes through first reading, second reading and third reading and subsequent harmonisation by the two chambers.

“One then wonders at which level of this process the First Lady influenced the passage of NDDC Budget that warranted her being paid N3billion for the alleged ‘Consultancy.’

“Therefore, it will be impossible for one single person to influence its passage or is the author trying to indict our lawmakers?

“The report is therefore, to say the least, dubious, diversionary, unfair, unkind, and totally unacceptable. Dame Patience Jonathan did no such thing.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathan-denies-looting-nddc-funds/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by enoqueen: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
time don reach to vomit every penny or go to jail.

make una begin de talk de go.

47 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by raumdeuter: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
What do we expect from this greedy Shepopotamus

54 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Keep looting and denying... It is just a matter of time.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by BarryX(m): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
3Billion to approve a budget of how much?
While I don't believe the story and it's antecedents.

This Patience lady should stay in one place, Her overbearing influence on the executive arm would warrant such insinuations.

Anyways, GEJ till I.......

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by hizaya61(m): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sai buhari

33 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by englishmart(m): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
she go gree tell me?

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by princemillla(m): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
This Jonathan family sha......... Anyway, God help us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by dstnd: 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
who is the liar and who is the liaee.......

7 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by nanyya5000(f): 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Whether she did it or not which I know she didn't......,Gej till 2019!!

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by itoldu: 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Was she gonna make a public declaration of acceptance before?

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Stanley4E(m): 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Before nko, She go gree say she chop money? ISSUES......... undecided

10 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
abeg who see my Nneka123?

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Henrolla(m): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
if d minister of Education is involved, den d alligation has to b further examined....together they've been lootin our treasury

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by adioolayi(m): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
Story for the gods

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by LordMecuzy(m): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
If You ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Meringe(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
Anything is possible in Nigeria.

If the allegations is true, which I believe might be, I'm sorry for Nigeria with this woman close to the corridors of power, she will hijack everything, I mean everything. A federal parasatal that recruited in 2012, this woman pocketed the exercise more than half of the slots available.

Those in the know will tell you that the easiest way to get anything done wether good or bad in Nigeria system is to go through PEJ.

She has a large heart but she likes money that I begin to wonder what is it that she doesn't have.

God help Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by saasala(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
okay o
Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Copperfield(m): 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
The evil that women do,will always live after them.
‘‘My fellow widows,where are you''
Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by WhiZTiM(m): 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
Already? ... I smell something...
Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by McLuhan(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
I have no doubt that there is a lot of corruption in Nigerian politics, but there are certain things that just don't add up in this story. First, how much is the total budget of NDDC that the agency would be able to sacrifice the princely sum of 3 billion naira for the purpose of "facilitating" the passage of a budget? Second, the said report by Saharareporters doesn't seem to quote any identified source(s) in the NDDC or in the National Assembly to authenticate or corroborate these allegations. Third, if NDDC paid 3 billion naira to Mrs Jonathan alone, how much did they pay to the other agencies (such as the accountant- general's office, the ministry of finance, the secretary to the federation, and the due process office) who would be expected to be involved in the release of the money? Perhaps Saharareporters knows something that we don't know, but I am mindful of that organisation's long record of reportorial gaffes. I hope this is not another one of them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by yahayamnur(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
lipsrsealed grin. With tym
Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by kingsley939: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
booked
Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Situation001(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Thieves

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by buoye1(m): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
I'm cmin
Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Kx: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
FeBuhari seems to me like the month of real exposition of some sort.
From Soludo to NOI.
More to come.

And this latest PEJ's N3Billion NAS consultancy fees for NDDC budget.

I recall Muyiwa Afolabi (C) saying this 2 days ago:
"Our God who reveals all things will soon make public the real enemies of Nigeria! You'll be glad, you'll be free, you'll praise His Name!"

Does the fact that the wife of you know who is mentioned in this latest episode even concern him?
After all, did he not state that stealing is not corruption?
Besides, does he give a damn?

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by Oblitz(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
Diaris God o!

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC by 234Forum: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Where Is The $65bn Obasanjo Left In Excess Crude Account?’ Amaechi Fires At GEJ / I’m The Only Candidate That Can Defeat APC –atiku / 2019: Kwara Braces For Landmark Elections As Saraki Fights For Political Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.