Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly (21383 Views)

Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam / Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers / NIMASA Pays Tompolo N1.5bn Monthly – Ex-chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 04, 2015
High Chief Government Ekpomupolo, also known as ‘Tompolo’ has denied allegations made against him by the pioneer chairman of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) Alhaji Tijani Ramalan, that he was paid N1.5billion monthly for the protection of the nation’s maritime domain.

Speaking through his spokesperson, Comrade Paul Bebenimibo,Tompolo said Ramalan is merely seeking desperate attention in the hope of getting a job.

The statement reads in part: “My attention has been drawn to a publication in the Leadership newspaper of Wednesday June 3, 2015. In the said publication, one

Ahmed Tijani Ramalan made very wild, unsubstantiated allegations against my person that the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety

Agency (NIMASA) pays me the sum of N1.5 billion monthly for the protection of the nation’s maritime domain.

“Without any further stress, it is obvious that the said Ramalan is merely seeking an undue attention. And whatever that attention is,

“I make bold to say Ramalan who claims to be the pioneer chairman of NIMASA is not just economical with the truth but his outburst is an exhibition of ignorance and mischief which should be ignored by all.”

He added that he is not on the board of Global West. “Ramalan’s contraption of any sum being paid to me is therefore rubbish, malicious, unsubstantiated and display of ignorance. I can only pity such a man whose intention is perhaps to rubbish my name and needlessly drag me into the fray of disputes at a time the new government of President Muhammadu Buhari is barely one week in office.”

Calling on President Mohammadu Buhari to ignore the allegations against him, Tompolo, added that the intention of Ramalan is to generally misled and probably position himself for a comeback to NIMASA.

http://leadership.ng/news/438338/tompolo-denies-receiving-n1-5bn-monthly
cc: Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by INTROVERT(f): 8:03am On Jun 04, 2015
Counter attacking
Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 04, 2015
shocked
Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by RockMaxi: 8:06am On Jun 04, 2015
angry Tompolo is the one that is economical with the truth, how can you ask us to ignore such allegation. Why not state your own part of the deal and stop spewing this thrash.

89 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Rexceedo: 8:07am On Jun 04, 2015
jajjaj
Whats wrong If he receives... Aint he doing a work? It is his stipends. What of the Alhajis that ferries Billions of Dollar to their Sahara homes without an iota of sweat

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by jorlons(m): 8:08am On Jun 04, 2015
First of all, what da phuck kindda name is "High Chief Government Ekpomupolo" ?? Maybe our ijaw brothers can give us a meaning to that name.

Secondly, why is the "common thief" trying to launder his image by denial. I listened to Festus Keyamo once on channels tv, vibrating angrily, as he spoke of how our waterways had been contracted to ex-militias at a very incredible sum, still, they steal 400,000 barrels of the crude they were entrusted to secure.

PMB needs to revoke the contract as soon as possible and I know he'll, especially when we have the Navy. One really wonders what Jona was thinking to have approved the contract.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by MzJackBaueress(f): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2015
If you are not paid 1.5billion naira,how much are you bein paid na? Or are you doing the job Jonathan gave you for free?

Typical of TANoids! Instead of countering Ramalan's claim,he resorted to insulting the man.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by martyns303(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2015
Weak defense

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Pangea: 8:10am On Jun 04, 2015
Oga
How much then?

9 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 04, 2015
High Chief Government Ekpomupolo,
“I make bold to say Ramalan who claims to be the pioneer
chairman of NIMASA is not just economical with the truth
but his outburst is an exhibition of ignorance and mischief
which should be ignored by all.”.
Without been told , we have already knew the truth. Long live Hight Chief Government Ekpemupolo.

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Adeyinka12(m): 8:13am On Jun 04, 2015
What i know is that'' eeyan meji o ki n pada nu iro,bi eni ti ba n pafun obamo,eniti on pa fun rare mo'' meaning:two person no dey miss lie,if the person wey den they lie to don't know,the person wy dey lie know. The truth will soon appear.watching.....

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 04, 2015

He added that he is not on the board of Global West. “Ramalan’s contraption of any sum being paid to me is therefore rubbish, malicious, unsubstantiated and display of ignorance. I can only pity such a man whose intention is perhaps to rubbish my name and needlessly drag me into the fray of disputes at a time the new government of President Muhammadu Buhari is barely one week in office.”

. . . . . . . . . . .meaning, He agrees that 1.5bn has been paid monthly, but not to him (Tompolo) . . . . . . . . . . . . .Global West is the receiver of the 1.5bn . . . . . . . . . . . . .the same Tompolo defended his purchase of warships via Global west (http://icirnigeria.org/tompolo-alleges-blackmail-on-ship-acquisition-as-norway-defends-sale/) . . . . . . . . . . . .also, some time in December 2014, the DG NIMASA, duly acknowledged that the warships procured by Tompolo's company (Global west) were purchased on behalf of NIMASA (http://www.naijanewsandevents.com/news_portal/newss/top-stories/item/413-tompolo-purchased-war-ships-on-behalf-of-nimasa-dg.html)

. . . . . . . . . . .now, Tompolo does not know anything about Global west?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Tompolo must think we are all d.umb like Goodluck

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by omenka(m): 8:19am On Jun 04, 2015
I was hoping after the denial, he would tell us how much he's actually being paid. This falls short of a expectations honestly.

Simply denying it saying the man is only looking for a job is quite pedestrian and lame to say the least.

16 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Akainzo(m): 9:10am On Jun 04, 2015
I thought Tompolo and NIMASA both defended the warship purchase by Global West!

How come Global West is now alien to Tompolo? BTW, since it is not 1.5Billion, how much is it exactly?

16 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by jorlons(m): 11:16am On Jun 04, 2015
Asari dokubo, boyloaf, Tompolo are a few amongst other militants who would rather the Niger delta region remains in its sordid state so they can keep using it as a front to blackmail the FG into doing their bidding.

Cc lalasticlala OAM4J

15 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by DjHypno(m): 11:28am On Jun 04, 2015
Liar! You received it.

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by naijainfogalery: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2015
Now some people will still come here and support him

These Tompolo and co claimed to be fighting for the right of the people yet they have never done anything for their community. I think the Ijaw people and the people from the Niger Delta just need to wise up

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by MARKone(m): 11:29am On Jun 04, 2015
lies, at least he received and is receiving enough to enable him own a private jet. I do not blame him, he is after all, an ex militant and a business man. I blame the people who even thought of giving a second look, to a proposal that will have a Militant protecting our oil pipelines, in the coastal regions, thereby side lining, the Navy, who has the constitutional right to do so, even at that, he is still not doing a good job. The monies being payed to this guy and his cohorts is more than enough to train our naval personal and equip them appropriately, but alas this is Nigeria where logic is usually turned upside down.

13 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by NickyPearl(f): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2015
This man
Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by williams368(m): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2015
So?
Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by kay29000(m): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2015
Hmm! This man and Asari are a few of the people that became Billionaires under Jonathan. If they did their work well, fine, but Oil Theft was still at its heights during the Jonathan Administration, and they were meant to be safeguarding the pipelines. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by lordhugo(m): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2015
Maybe it is more than 1.5Billion!

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by tinuolababy(f): 11:30am On Jun 04, 2015
So how much were you paid sir?
Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by elohorayodele: 11:30am On Jun 04, 2015
b4! if na u nko?
Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Rawani: 11:31am On Jun 04, 2015
Good. Now let Ramalan defend his claim so we can get the juicy details. Hopefully the truth about Tompolo's warships purchased under questionable circumstances will slip out in their back and forth.

P.S- Going by the report, Tompolo is not claiming that Global West does not receive N1.5 billion monthly, but that he is not a member of the board of directors of the company (his only defence) That claim, and any cover-up's including his front-men in the company must now be investigated.

torkaka:

He added that he is not on the board of Global West. “Ramalan’s contraption of any sum being paid to me is therefore rubbish, malicious, unsubstantiated and display of ignorance.

EFCC/CAC over to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by StepTwo: 11:31am On Jun 04, 2015
it's like Nigeria no longer uses papers for records.

They now use their heads.

How come of all the corruption allegations being laid is not accompanied by evidence?

no wonder we call us zoo.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Sijo01(f): 11:31am On Jun 04, 2015
One person receiving N1.5b every month! Na wah for this country o

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Bants(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2015
Imagine 1.5 b monthly and ijaw youths are staying they are starving...God will judge this people

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Lilimax(f): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2015
How can one person be receiving 1.2billion naira every month.
The amount is over inflated abeg embarassed
Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by efilefun(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2015
And some mofos don't get a dime yet dey rant 24/7 on NL like they the one earning that 1.5billion imagine a slowpoke saying Buhari read his post on here that's why he sent osinbajo to the accident scene.. Mtcheeew deluded human being

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Receiving N1.5bn Monthly by Missfavourblog(f): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2015
the fear of buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Shoots At Ohanaeze Meeting In Enugu / Governor Dave Umahi Splashes N500m On Pastors / Presidential Tribunal: Drama As Atiku Denies Buhari Use Of Video Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.