Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

“is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” (693 Views)

Dwight Eisenhower And Muhammadu Buhari: The Paradox Of Two Sick Presidents / Buhari Plagiarized Charles De Gaulle's Quote: “I Belong To Nobody” - TheSignal / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” by okpoewa(m): 9:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
“IS GMB TRULY LIKE MANDELA, REAGAN, EISENHOWER AND DE GAULLE AS TINUBU CLAIMS?”
Today, I came across an interesting tweet by Mr. Aye Dee (@MrAyeDee) saying “Only a Tinubu supporter will buy the nonsense he sold at the Lagos rally yesterday about Reagan, Mandela, Eisenhower and De Gaulle…” Truly, when I heard Tinubu’s line to woo the Lagos people to play his presidential card over the stereo my first reaction was a spontaneous soliloquy: “How could this man say this? How could he dare compare Buhari to these men? Does he take Nigerians or at least this generation for fools? How uninformed does he think us to be. I was in a taxi heading home from the office that evening with some co-passengers. One of them asked me why I said that and after explaining my reasons to him the other passengers and the driver who were listening without invitation agreed that that was a lame thing for Tinubu to do. An insult on the intelligence of the electorate and betrayal of trust. Two of the passengers were even pissed than I was. By the end of the journey everyone agreed with me that the whole change thing was a sham by an amalgamation of corrupt don’s for the singular purpose of hijacking power without a blue print for the nation. A native pot calling kettle black. I didn’t think it necessary to react on that comparison until I found a co-thinker in Mr. Aye Dee. Now let’s test the validity of Oga Bola’s comparison.
First, Ronald Reagan was the 40th president of American at the age of 70 in 1981 and since then America has never made the mistake of voting anyone his age till date chief reason being because of his numerous policy gaffes which many have credited to the diminishing returns in his quotient capacity and senility which are composites of evening age. Till date, Reagan is rated America’s worst president ever. Of course those who witnessed the Biafra war will attest to how he dragged his feet for the length of the war as Gen. Buhari did in picking common Vice President after emerging as presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress and indeed how he has been doing in producing his certificate and appearing for the presidential debate.
Mandela on the other part was an educated man (something which Gen. Buhari is yet to confince his supporters about) A lawyer and a welfarist and political activist definitely this man cannot obviously be on the same rating with the general. The only similarity he shares with Gen. Buhari is the age thing which really took a toll on him during his presidency as records reveal that as at December 1997 Mandela had admitted that Mbeki his deputy had become the "de facto President of the country".
Meanwhile, Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower as the 34th President of the United States at the age of 63 otherwise left most political activity to his Vice President, Richard Nixon. Amidst his failures are the following top five.
He Failed to Improve the Plight of the American Farmer- making the nation starve, He Failed to Moderate the Republican Party synonymous then for fundamentalist political proclivities, He Failed to Provide Leadership in Civil Rights, He Failed to Denounce Senator Joseph McCarthy to the scandal of the American nation and also He Failed to Defuse the Cold War. http://www.nps.gov/features/eise/jrranger/5accomp2X.htm
Charles André Joseph Marie de Gaulle on the other hand was founder of the Fifth Republic who was elected as the 18th President of France at the age of 60 which is a dozen ages younger than our proposed excellency a fact which Tinubu failed to explain to the people.
From the foregoing, I think it is obvious that Tinubu ended up crystallising the unworthiness of his candidate age wise let alone the pedigree of patent terror.
Re: “is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” by Princecalm(m): 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
Are you now saying GBM will be unable to rule because of his age?

2 Likes

Re: “is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” by Gmajor(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Princecalm:
Are you now saying GBM will be unable to rule because of his age?
was that the only thing u could grab from the post ? Nawa oh

2 Likes

Re: “is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” by Princecalm(m): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gmajor:

was that the only thing u could grab from the post ? Nawa oh
the post only emphasize on age and i knew where the op was driving at.

1 Like

Re: “is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
But you were quiet when GEJ was compared to Lee Kuan Yew?
Re: “is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2015
A dictator compared to sane democrats...
Only in Nigeria will you find such mad people comparing an eediot to achievers.

Re: “is Gmb Truly Like Mandela, Reagan, Eisenhower And De Gaulle As Tinubu Claims?” by Analorgue(m): 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
That was way too forward. Im sure d south africans would be pissed off for this.. I neva liked this man tinubu at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: President Jonathan Narrowly Escapes Bomb Blast In Gombe / INEC Explains Why Sultan, Fashola Were Unable To Get Pvcs / No Election In Southern Nigeria If....edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.