Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,342 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC (926 Views)

Whistleblower Narrates What Transpired In The Lagos Apartment Where EFCC Seized / DNA Test For Igbos: Rival Jewish Outreach Groups Feud Over / Lessons From Bokoharam: The Litmus Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 03, 2015
In my opinion, i can tell you that the Lagos state Debate between Jim Agbaje and Ambode, was the Litmus test.

This debate exposed a lot about each candidates thought line, and how smart they are.

A lot of Nigerians had expected and waited patiently for a debate between both presidential candidates.
APC turning down the request for a debate (Channels Debate), seems to confirm all allegations brought against GMB. If really He is to clear his name of the allegations and counter allegations he ought to seize this opportunity to do so.

I believe Nigerians deserve to see both parties debate, come on stage and discourse the Countries problems/ challenges and how they can proffer solutions. It's not about mounting a stage to make empty promises (which both parties won't keep in the end) with a number of fans/ supporters cheering like it's a ball with 50-cent on stage, I wondered why GMB would boycott a debate that could win them more votes from a lot of undecided voters (Mind you the supposed boycott of the NTA/ AIT hosted debate is understood since it's believed NTA/AIT is biased) but i don't agree with the refusal of the channels Tv debate.
We watched In Lagos state, the debate between Jim and Ambode and it became obvious (Although i won't entirely bank on a debate for some reasons but at least it gives a picture of the Candidates thought Line, how constructive and smart an aspirant could be and how much each candidate understands the problem of the country and electorates). I am bewildered about APC's refusal for a channels debate, i think GMB is old as such his memories may not be as sharp and to avoid mistakes or making statements that could plunge the party, it's best not to attend. If the above statement is true, which i still doubt, then I see no reason to avoid the channels debate and dash our hopes, besides GEJ is not so great in Oratory and since APC call him ignorant then they should prove it through this debate.

If the above statement is true, then I see GMB's Government being run by the Vice and Tinubu.

The call for a Towns Hall meeting is not all that is needed at this present Age. It can hold, but the elites need a debate. Let's see how smart a captain can be when faced with the tides.
The Towns hall meeting can be Doctored and attended by only party supporters. Besides one may not be safe enough to ask certain questions.

Nigerians Need a Debate!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by spillyboy14: 3:47am On Feb 03, 2015
d
Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by Nobody: 3:52am On Feb 03, 2015
Dat
Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by lyntiffany(f): 4:01am On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari has proven once again that he is intellectually incapable to lead us, but what do you expect when some part of his brain has been stocked with cowdung.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by 5sims(m): 4:50am On Feb 03, 2015
lyntiffany:
Buhari has proven once again that he is intellectually incapable to lead us, but what do you expect when some part of his brain has been stocked with cowdung.

Lol, u are wickedt. @ cowdung? Na insult o. Well I think even with the odds GMB is no match for GEJ in any debate.

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by lyntiffany(f): 5:04am On Feb 03, 2015
5sims:

Lol, u are wickedt. @ cowdung? Na insult o. Well I think even with the odds GMB is no match for GEJ in any debate.
to me it's no insult, a man who knows his worth and capability will not yield to whatever his party has given him as a reason not to attend the debate.
To me it could have been a platform to clear all the bitter news passed around in his name but he choose to occupy his sense of reasoning with COWPIE.
Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by ajoskele(m): 5:25am On Feb 03, 2015
5sims:

He is no match jare my brother. He didn't STOLE english textbooks while in Daura ni.
Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari's arrogance to meeting basic laid down requirements and his unapologetic stance couple with his refusal to present himself and his visions of where and how he hopes Nigeria will be during he leadership shows he has not changed one bit.

The man is more arrogant and despotic than ever.

He has a mission and that mission is sectarian and bigoted.

I don't blame him though, it is the hebivore crowd that are sheepishly singing change and his name without going through buhari's past antecadants, utterances and action.
Re: The Lagos State Debate Was The Litmus Test For APC by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari was 41 when he overthrew a democratic government.

He wasn't a toddler or teenager but a grown man.

For people to assume he has somehow changed is incredibly stup1d. I am 35 now and any misplaced utterance or actions I do now will not be excused as youthful exuberance or childish folly but will be seen as the actions of a grown man.

Buhari throughout this campaign and to the build up has shown he hasn't changed. The only thing hat has changed is his political campaingn which has tried to embrace every section during his stopover tour but this is not his doing but that of a savvy election campaingn team hired by the APC to whitewash him.

Only a fool will not see that he is being packaged an old wine in new skin.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Shaking Hand With Prof Osinbajo At RCCG ( Pic) / Kenya MP Shot Dead In 'well Planned' Attack In Nairobi ( Pics) / Can The Permanent Voters Card Be Used Anywhere In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.