Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Buba & His HIV Dilemma[transmission And Death] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Buba & His HIV Dilemma[transmission And Death] (730 Views)

My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help / Dilemma / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buba & His HIV Dilemma[transmission And Death] by Chidexter(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
After contemplating for a while on which section to post this, i decided to post it here, because of the incidents that happened.

This is a true life story about a distant friend(If i should put it that way).

Lying weakly on his bed, he was hit with an incessant cough, and subsequently gave up the ghost.
He didnt win the battle against HIV due to his stubborn and wicked attitude if i must say.

Buba is a man of about 30yrs (probably older), he probably hails from Niger, and finally settled at Enugu state, Nigeria which he has lived in for about 6yrs.
He has a slim figure, probably due to the virus he was infected with. How he got the virus i know not.
His skin was rough, scaly and clearly lacks moisture.

I knew him for about 2yrs, because he always sent me on errands sometimes to buy food for him at my friend's shop or my mom's shop as well.
During that period, i didnt know about his ailment but i knew he must be sick due to his physical appearance.

There was this particular lady, i always see them together and it was obvious she sleeps at his house. Basically, she lives with him, so i decided to ask a friend of his named Abu, Abu told me it was his wife to be, i couldnt help but laugh out loud.
Fast forward, about seven months later he grew seriously sick, by then the lady had left him and gone her own way, he called me one day and told me that he always felt pains in his chest especially when he wakes up from sleep, i simply replied thats its normal especially if you lifted heavy stuffs during the day.
Later that day, he bought some drugs and called me when i was passing by and asked me to read the prescriptions for him which i subsequently did. Drugs like
Ibruprofen( take two in the morning and at night), a malaria drug and another for typhoid. I went on to encourage him that i once got very sick due to typhoid and malaria and that everything will be fine.

A week later, i still noticed he wasnt ok, so i adviced him to go to the doctor for medical check up, that infact he should go for complete medical test both for blood, urine e.t,c.

Later he came back and told me the doctor said he had typhoid and malaria and that he is now taking injections.

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months, his health continued to deteriorate, it worsened so much that he could hardly walk 5 yards without waiting to rest, his skin was just disfigured, it looked whitish, his eyes were week, locomotive abilities were so slow that it was like playing a movie in slow motion.
Then a thought hit me, could he be suffering from a deadly ailment are these not the symptoms for full blown aids, or hepatitis?. I just couldnt tell.

A week before December, he could harld stand anymore, he now lay on his bed all day and night, his friend Abu and fellow hausa's(because they all rented a particular building around the market) usually visit him.

Then something tragic happened, On 29th December 2014, he died at about 2pm.

I felt sad for him until i started hearing all the atrocities he commited while alive.

His friend Abu, told me that they, by they i mean the hausa people, all knew about his ailment but vowed not to tell anyone. I was dumbstruck, i just couldnt utter a word. Abu told me Buba has hiv, he said when he first noticed was when they went for test but Buba acted suspiciously by not letting him into the lab room, some days later they came back for the result. But Buba didnt let him see it, until one day when he got the chance and read the contents of the paper. He also told me Buba was a chronic womaniser, he attended clubs and slept with girls(mostly without protection) whom he spent cash on. Little wonder, i always see him with different females and different periods of time.

After that Revelation, i started recollecting everything about him and quickly advised my brother to go for HIV test just incase, i also did same and we were both negative.

Lessons to Learn: Stigma, this is probably one of the major reasons Buba never disclosed his HIV status, so as not to be stigmatised and believe it or not it is a major problem in Nigeria and some parts of the world, we should show them love, show them care.
You might ask if i had known Buba was infected would i still go closer to him?
Yes, i would but a little more cautious.

Know your Health and HIV status: it is a very deadly disease, if left untreated, you might look healthy but please its better you go for test to know your true status

Conclusion: There's no doubt that Buba has wickedly contributed to the nation's HIV infected individuals, he infected many girls out of revenge, hatred and pure wickedness.. He never tried to treat himself, by getting Retroviral drugs which would have sustained his life for many years. He hardly used protection unknown to his sex partners he's infected. So please, if you're sexually active, use a condom.

Now the girl that stayed with him for months, has been infected. This is no longer news over here, infact as i'm typing this she is currently standing at a nearby brothel looking for her next victims, she knows she has it and she's out to transmit the disease. How much more other girls who have been infected all by one man.

Its quite touching and i sometimes get shivers each time i think about it.
Remember: it can be transmitted through different means like sharing razor blade and sharp objects with an infected person, unprotected sex with an infected person, kissing someone who's infected and have a cut on the lips, blood transfusion e.t.c

Know your HIV status, prevention is better than cure.
it is not the end of the world if you're infected.

PEACE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buba & His HIV Dilemma[transmission And Death] by Chidexter(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
If it matches the criterias, Then FP for awarenss.

farano, pasqal09, Rocktation
Re: Buba & His HIV Dilemma[transmission And Death] by Timbi: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
The woman you saw him with might turnout to be negative, as unprotected sexual contact does not guarantee a positive status. Infact, only a confirmed positive result can be used to make a diagnosis. Assuming that one is reactive because of sexual contact with an infected person is also form of stigmatization.

1 Like

Re: Buba & His HIV Dilemma[transmission And Death] by Chidexter(m): 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
He's had unprotected sex with her, and its the truth. Cos he once told me ( yea thats how crazy he is sometimes and she's already showing symptoms) infact its possible she had it before getting involved in him

Besides its just an assumption, i didnt go on to accuse her of having it, neither do i place the illness on every girl he met. Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Is your relationship going soar? Then try it... / 10 Signs She's The One / Share Ur Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.