Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,541 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. (78272 Views)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / See Reasons Why You Should Not Always Ask For Full Tank. / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by emistephen: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello op, I have sent you my license for d tinted glass permit as per our phone conversation. I do hope you would keep to your delivery time of two weeks.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 26, 2015
Cwhyte:

Oga, it's a third party insurance, not for you but for other road users. If you mistakenly scratch my car, then your insurance company will pay me/repair it for me. It's just for safety and cautions.
Quite unfortunate that third party insurance structure don't work here. In fact nothing works here. Those companies are just getting money for doing nothing.

@Bolded Not were I work. Do you have any experience? let us hear it.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by wordychap: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
greggng:
Today I was stopped by road safety and to my surprise they told me my car tires ve expired. The showed me one number that starts from D0T . In addition to all ur.document pls watch ur tires . The last figure on that dot starts like 5010 . The 50 stands for 50weeks while 10 is 2010 . What u ve to do is to add 4 years to the 2010 . The result will be the expiring date . In this case 2014 is the expiring date. If they catch u the will sieze ur drivers license and write a cover note that will last u for 7 days to enable u change ur tires with a fine of 3k . When u wanna buy tire look for the one with dot that ends in like 5013 or 5014
Told today my tyres have expired
Can't interprets d expiry date from your explanation; didn't see any number after DOT
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ojaysport: 12:20am On Jun 20, 2015
ubiquitousade:

and shake it occasionally to check if content is there.
I heard also that even if the content is there,it can be expired. Does it really expire ? And How do i know if it has expired?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ojaysport: 12:25am On Jun 20, 2015
wordychap:

Told today my tyres have expired
Can't interprets d expiry date from your explanation; didn't see any number after DOT
There is always no after d DOT, quote d no and i wil interprete it for u
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by showlankie(m): 12:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mine reads 1411, guess it just expired last year... according to your explanation
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by earthrealm(m): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ojaysport:
I heard also that even if the content is there,it can be expired. Does it really expire ? And How do i know if it has expired?

WATCH THE NEEDLE, IT HAS A GREEN, YELLOW AND RED ZONE, IF THE NEEDLE IS IN THE red zone, then the extinguisher has low pressure, and needs to b recharged, road safety will catch you if the needle is in the red zone
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ojaysport:
There is always no after d DOT, quote d no and i wil interprete it for u

Not all comes with a number throoughout. Some comes with number & alhpabet like 6K1E
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Macmilla(m): 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
lonelydora:
Police CMR popularly called Police Clearance is not given in all states.
What if I travel from a state where it's not issued to another state where it is issued, Will I be harassed?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Macmilla(m): 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Come to Aba na.
Let them ask you of MOT...you go just blank out.
Anyway them chop my 2k once, since then I just derive pleasure in stroking their brains.

I intentionally slip it out, give them my particulars, watch them smile like - see eja nla. The way they automatically transfer my DL(Driver's License) into their pocket, I just smile cheesy.

"Madam, you have to come with us, you don't have MOT cert" ...then I smile and bring it out. I just love to see that dejection on their faces.
MOT as in ministry of transport? Wetin person no go see for this country?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Macmilla(m): 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
stagger:

CMR means Central Motor Registry. This is supposed to be a national database of cars and their owners, so I do not understand how you can say that it is not issued in all states. All cars in Nigeria are supposed to carry this, and it is supposed to be issued to a driver after investigations have shown you did not purchase a hot or stolen vehicle.
And what is d vehicle registration for?

I keep saying that this country is a scam.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Macmilla(m): 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lionhearted:

At the bolded...Then why should you inform them if and when your car got stolen?

By your analogy, none of their business..!
If I buy iPhone 6, or a laptop, do I need to register it with the police? Do I need to get CMR for it? Yet I have the right to report to the police if it's stolen. It is their fvcking job.
Do I need to register my golden wristwatch?
Talking about pocket pickers, maybe I should register my wallet and get a CMR for it.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Macmilla(m): 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lionhearted:

How will they have records of stolen vehicles? If a vehicle is registered with them prior to theft, it makes it easier to flags such vehicle in their database making recovery easy.
Just listen to urself and see how ridiculous u sound. What's my vehicle registration for then?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Macmilla(m): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
100Cents:

Tyres expire in 2 years..
Very fat lie.

From FRSC on radio, try to avoid not than 5yrs, never use more than 10yrs.

Stop spreading lies.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Macmilla(m): 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
showlankie:
Mine reads 1411, guess it just expired last year... according to your explanation
Your tire was manufactured in the 14th week of 2011. Add 5yrs to that and that's when ur tire starts going down.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by lonelydora: 11:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
Macmilla:

What if I travel from a state where it's not issued to another state where it is issued, Will I be harassed?

Then it was only given by Lagos state and i think Rivers state. And the police knows that
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Simplesoul05(m): 7:27am On Apr 14, 2016
autoinfo:
Dear all,
As we all know that the election time is here again. The security on our roads are been tighten more to ensure a secured environments before and after election.
In recently time, all the law enforcements agencies which include the Nigerian Police Force, The FRSC, The VIO, Lastma, Nigerian Customs and even in some places The Nigerian Army are now back on our roads with numerous checkpoints.

Am writing this to educate our road users on the vehicle documents required of before you drive on the roads to avoid been harassed, searched wrongly, been asked to provide unnecessary documents or even impound your vehicle when stopped for a check at the checkpoints especially during this few days to election in our country.

Below are the documents you must have and be up to date before you make that your next trip.
1) A valid Driver’s License
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
4) Certificate of Road Worthiness.
5) CMR (Police report)
6) A Tinted permit if your vehicle has a tinted glass (Very important)

Don’t wait until you are been harass or your vehicle is been impounded by this law enforcement agencies.

We help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers and we DELIVER it to your doorstep on TIME.

Our services include:
New Registration and licensing of motor vehicles
Re-validation of the old number plate (Replacement to new plate)
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle license
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle insurance (Premium or Third party)
Issuance of learners permit
Issuance and renewal of hackney permit
Issuance and renewal of road worthiness permit
Processing and registration of Special Number Plates
Issuance and renewal of Mobile advert permit
Issuance of tinted glass Permit

Email: myautoreg@yahoo.com

Baylam
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Emekayoung(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2016
Krest3d:

Hey, what's MOT certificate? Hearing it for the first time.
Certificate of road worthiness..
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hurray! Hurray!! Hurray!!! Another awoof is here again A PEOGOUT BOXER Just for 600k- 800k Contact me:07036438449 First come , First serve
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Seagate1: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2016
They would ask for "Allocation of plate number document" as well. A police man held me for over 2hours, saying I didnt have this document, even if all other documents were available.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
May I ask what the police report is for ? Unless the vehicle was bought as second hand I really dont see what the police report is meant for.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Otu2014: 10:55am On Sep 23, 2016
Good morning House.

Please, is it an offence to drive with two expired tyres and two new tyres?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by autoinfo: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2016
kaeforum:
May I ask what the police report is for ? Unless the vehicle was bought as second hand I really dont see what the police report is meant for.

Police report and CMR are relatively same thing.
Once you get a new vehicle and in the process of registering it. You are to get a CMR (Central Motor Registry) document alone side other vehicle documents with it. This document confirmed that your vehicle is registered on the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) database. The CMR is issued by individual Police state HQ where you are registering the vehicle.
While Police report is necessary when you have lost your vehicle document(s) or you have sold the vehicle to another person. You will need a police report to back this up. Also this document is issued by a department in the Nigeria Police Force.

For vehicles registrations and other services listed below, you can contact us.

We help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers and we DELIVER it to your doorstep on TIME.

Our services include:

Email: myautoreg@yahoo.com / 08034607531
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by autoinfo: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
In recently time, all the law enforcement agencies which include the Nigerian Police Force, FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Nigerian Customs and even in some places The Nigerian Army are now back on our roads with numerous checkpoints on our major roads in Nigeria

This is to educate our road users on the vehicle documents/papers required before you drive on Nigeria road to avoid been harassed, searched wrongly or been impounded when stopped for a check at any of the above listed law enforcement agencies checkpoints.

Below are the documents/papers you must have and MUST BE UP TO DATE (Valid) before you make that your next trip.
1) Driver’s License
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
5) CMR
6) A Tinted permit (For vehicle that has a tinted glass)

Don’t wait until you are been harass or your vehicle is been impounded by this law enforcement agencies.

We @ MyAutoReg can help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers, DELIVER it to your doorstep on time with payment on delivery service.

Our services include:

Contact us for any information:

Call OR Whatsapp: 08034607531.
BBM: 2BEB2712
Or visit us @ No 8, Makinde Street, Alausa Ikeja, Lagos.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ojaysport: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
Amadioha123:
You are required to present only 3 document at checkpoints.
1. Valid driver's license
2. An insurance cert
3. Vehicle particulars
Road worthiness for commercial vehicles only
Do not be intimidated.
Thanks for this information, I was checked by a police officer, after went through my papers, he insisted i must produce a police clearance certificate, They towed my vehicle to their office after I told them I don't have any business at their station, we got to the station and I was made to cough out 10k before my vehicle could be released to me
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ojaysport: 11:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
autoinfo:
In recently time, all the law enforcement agencies which include the Nigerian Police Force, FRSC, VIO, LASTMA, Nigerian Customs and even in some places The Nigerian Army are now back on our roads with numerous checkpoints on our major roads in Nigeria

This is to educate our road users on the vehicle documents/papers required before you drive on Nigeria road to avoid been harassed, searched wrongly or been impounded when stopped for a check at any of the above listed law enforcement agencies checkpoints.

Below are the documents/papers you must have and MUST BE UP TO DATE (Valid) before you make that your next trip.
1) Driver’s License
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
5) CMR
6) A Tinted permit (For vehicle that has a tinted glass)

We @ MyAutoReg can help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers, DELIVER it to your doorstep on time with payment on delivery service.

Our services include:

Contact us for any information:

Or visit us @ No 8, Makinde Street, Alausa Ikeja, Lagos.

Does a commercial vehicle needs a CMR? If yes, can I still obtain it for a 2 year old vehicle? and at what cost
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by autoinfo: 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ojaysport:

Does a commercial vehicle needs a CMR? If yes, can I still obtain it for a 2 year old vehicle? and at what cost

You can still apply for the CMR for the vehicle. Is very important to have it along side other vehicle documents to avoid Police, FRSC or other law enforcement agencies disturbing you on the road.

You can call (08034607531) or email (myautoreg@yahoo.com) for more information.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ojaysport: 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
autoinfo:

You can still apply for the CMR for the vehicle. Is very important to have it along side other vehicle documents to avoid Police, FRSC or other law enforcement agencies disturbing you on the road.

You can call (08034607531) or email (myautoreg@yahoo.com) for more information.

How much will the issuance of CMR cost me?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by autoinfo: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ojaysport:

How much will the issuance of CMR cost me?

It depend on the type of vehicle. Kindly send us an email or call for prompt response on any inquiries.

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by icelacreamo99(m): 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
You can contact me for renewal of your vehicles THIRD PARTY and COMPREHENSIVE insurance, Autoreg, Hackney Permit, Road Worthiness, plate number reg, drivers licence new and renewal, vehicle change of ownership, tinted Permit, and many more insurance policies.. Contact me on 07060545296 or 07059818696

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This N81m Danfo Bus Limousine Is The Best You’ve Ever Seen (photos) / Do Cars Malfunction After Having Sex In Them? / Dino Melaye Parks His Ferrari Convertible At Transcorp Hotel With The Top Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.