Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. (78119 Views)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / See Reasons Why You Should Not Always Ask For Full Tank. / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by femmy2010(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Vicotex:
The list is not complete.
They will always ask for #20 naira 1st.
That is their No1 requirement

It is no longer N20, now N100 minimum. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by femmy2010(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2015
It is also advisable to be sure your tints are factory tints before getting a permit to avoid been harassed.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Krest3d: 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Come to Aba na.
Let them ask you of MOT...you go just blank out.
Anyway them chop my 2k once, since then I just derive pleasure in stroking their brains.

I intentionally slip it out, give them my particulars, watch them smile like - see eja nla. The way they automatically transfer my DL(Driver's License) into their pocket, I just smile cheesy.

"Madam, you have to come with us, you don't have MOT cert" ...then I smile and bring it out. I just love to see that dejection on their faces.

Hey, what's MOT certificate? Hearing it for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
hazyfm1:
i hate them

That makes two of us. cool

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by ayo111uk(m): 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
Which one be - Certificate of Road Worthiness. Do they enforce that? I don't think so!
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by ozodigboo(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
This is the most important thread on this board, for today.
So many peeps will benefit from this info.
Thanks, OP.
I like.

But u come put advert for the end............why nah ? U don f^k up.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Dejohnbull: 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
CircleOfWilis:
Which one be police CMR
CMR is central motor registry, with police logo below
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by bbjummy: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
Police do ask for roja too, or I mean pure water, no o! salute your boys na, oh! I mean how journey, what is for the boys na tongue PARTICOLA undecided

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by stagger: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
lonelydora:
Police CMR popularly called Police Clearance is not given in all states.

CMR means Central Motor Registry. This is supposed to be a national database of cars and their owners, so I do not understand how you can say that it is not issued in all states. All cars in Nigeria are supposed to carry this, and it is supposed to be issued to a driver after investigations have shown you did not purchase a hot or stolen vehicle.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by 12ema: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
autoinfo:
Dear all,
As we all know that the election time is here again. The security on our roads are been tighten more to ensure a secured environments before and after election.
In recently time, all the law enforcements agencies which include the Nigerian Police Force, The FRSC, The VIO, Lastma, Nigerian Customs and even in some places The Nigerian Army are now back on our roads with numerous checkpoints.

Am writing this to educate our road users on the vehicle documents required of before you drive on the roads to avoid been harassed, searched wrongly, been asked to provide unnecessary documents or even impound your vehicle when stopped for a check at the checkpoints especially during this few days to election in our country.

Below are the documents you must have and be up to date before you make that your next trip.
1) A valid Driver’s License
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
4) Certificate of Road Worthiness.
5) CMR (Police report)
6) A Tinted permit if your vehicle has a tinted glass (Very important)

Don’t wait until you are been harass or your vehicle is been impounded by this law enforcement agencies.

We help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers and we DELIVER it to your doorstep on TIME.

Our services include:
New Registration and licensing of motor vehicles
Re-validation of the old number plate (Replacement to new plate)
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle license
Issuance and renewal of motor vehicle insurance (Premium or Third party)
Issuance of learners permit
Issuance and renewal of hackney permit
Issuance and renewal of road worthiness permit
Processing and registration of Special Number Plates
Issuance and renewal of Mobile advert permit
Issuance of tinted glass Permit

Email: myautoreg@yahoo.com

Need someone to educate me about insurance in Nigeria. Do people really have it or is it for show?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ilekeh(f): 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2015

Wha da Bleep?

I can't survive Nigeria atoll.

I tinted my car to the maximum legal limit, no police to bother me angry
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by stagger: 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Krest3d:

Hey, what's MOT certificate? Hearing it for the first time.

Better know it o. It is to be introduced into Nigeria from this year for all vehicles. Now you must have a road worthiness test done at the VIO computerized testing centres, then get an MOT certificate before you can renew your car papers.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ilekeh(f): 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
12ema:

Need someone to educate me about insurance in Nigeria. Do people really have it or is it for show?

I asked my cousin the same question.

Apparently, the have it, but realistically, they don't. na show.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by akpanikpe(m): 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
Cwhyte:

Oga, it's a third party insurance, not for you but for other road users. If you mistakenly scratch my car, then your insurance company will pay me/repair it for me. It's just for safety and cautions.
Quite unfortunate that third party insurance structure don't work here. In fact nothing works here. Those companies are just getting money for doing nothing.

thanks bro now I dig.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by stagger: 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
ubiquitousade:

and shake it occasionally to check if content is there.

No, look at the pressure gauge. All fire extinguishers carry it. Check to make sure it is charged and not discharged.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Krest3d: 7:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
stagger:

Better know it o. It is to be introduced into Nigeria from this year for all vehicles. Now you must have a road worthiness test done at the VIO computerized testing centres, then get an MOT certificate before you can renew your car papers.

What does the MOT certificate mean? What does it stand for?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by semitunde: 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Third party insurance isn't really for the other car that scratches your car. Else it won't be that cheap to get.

Its for the third party involved in the case of any accident. For instance, if during a collision your car hits a passer by, that person us the third party and is entitled to your insurance.

Nobody thinks of these in such situations though...
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by 12ema: 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ilekeh:

I asked my cousin the same question.

Apparently, the have it, but realistically, they don't. na show.

Holy crap. That country is really messed up. Insurance for show. I am going to file that as "another reason not to ever make plans to relocate back there". Ever.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Ilekeh(f): 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
12ema:

Holy crap. That country is really messed up. Insurance for show. I am going to file that as "another reason not to ever make plans to relocate back there". Ever.

Wanna see my list? It spans 100+ pages, another 4-years of GEJ tops the list.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by tosenbaba(m): 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
Am about to buy a bus for my wife's business,strictly for carriage of goods. How do I go about its registration, i.e company name or her name, blue or red type plate number , advantages and disadvantages of both,and what would be d necessary documentation to avoid all ds embarrassment from VIO,local govt pple,etc.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by greggng: 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
Today I was stopped by road safety and to my surprise they told me my car tires ve expired. The showed me one number that starts from D0T . In addition to all ur.document pls watch ur tires . The last figure on that dot starts like 5010 . The 50 stands for 50weeks while 10 is 2010 . What u ve to do is to add 4 years to the 2010 . The result will be the expiring date . In this case 2014 is the expiring date. If they catch u the will sieze ur drivers license and write a cover note that will last u for 7 days to enable u change ur tires with a fine of 3k . When u wanna buy tire look for the one with dot that ends in like 5013 or 5014

4 Likes

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by armadeo(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
stagger:

CMR means Central Motor Registry. This is supposed to be a national database of cars and their owners, so I do not understand how you can say that it is not issued in all states. All cars in Nigeria are supposed to carry this, and it is supposed to be issued to a driver after investigations have shown you did not purchase a hot or stolen vehicle.

CME. Please I have never heard of this before. Nobody around me seems to have it. What's the importance.

Why should I have to inform the police i bought a car. What's their business.

Please enlighten me.

Anybody with CNR here. How did you get it.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Edunwa302(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
autoinfo:
Dear all,
As we all know that the election time is here again. The security on our roads are been tighten more to ensure a secured environments before and after election.
In recently time, all the law enforcements agencies which include the Nigerian Police Force, The FRSC, The VIO, Lastma, Nigerian Customs and even in some places The Nigerian Army are now back on our roads with numerous checkpoints.

Am writing this to educate our road users on the vehicle documents required of before you drive on the roads to avoid been harassed, searched wrongly, been asked to provide unnecessary documents or even impound your vehicle when stopped for a check at the checkpoints especially during this few days to election in our country.

Below are the documents you must have and be up to date before you make that your next trip.
2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
5) CMR (Police report)

Don’t wait until you are been harass or your vehicle is been impounded by this law enforcement agencies.

We help to fast track your vehicle papers, ensuring that you get the GENUINE papers and we DELIVER it to your doorstep on TIME.

Our services include:

pls my ur above mentioned car documents just expired today ,what number of days/ weeks of grace do i v bfore i renew them thankx
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by tosenbaba(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
semitunde:
Third party insurance isn't really for the other car that scratches your car. Else it won't be that cheap to get.

Its for the third party involved in the case of any accident. For instance, if during a collision your car hits a passer by, that person us the third party and is entitled to your insurance.

Nobody thinks of these in such situations though...
Sir, you wrong about this,3rd party insurance is for any other person's car or property damaged by you (2nd party)while your insurance company is d 1st party. When you damage another person's car i.e the insurance company will repair that persons vehicle and not yours,same thing if your vehicle hits a person,the company will settle the medical bills.Your limit on 3rd party insurance is N1million.

1 Like

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Malawian(m): 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
lonelydora:

Even the federal cops that stops daily asked for them and I simply told him it's the duty of FRSC, that he can take me to anywhere and I will maintain my stance. He left me after checking the necessary papers. It's only fears that kills us in this country
it is because you are a woman nah. they dont know whom your "oga" is, so they try to stay out of trouble. if na man like us, you for hear am.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Vicotex:
How can i order the new range rover from Pluto?
contact Jupiter
cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by figment232(m): 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hw much is tinted glass permit?hw long does it take?
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Lionhearted: 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
Vicotex:
The list is not complete.
They will always ask for #20 naira 1st.
That is their No1 requirement

#20?

Guess you left Nigeria some years ago. More like #50 if the day has been good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by semitunde: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2015
tosenbaba:

Sir, you wrong about this,3rd party insurance is for any other person's car or property damaged by you (2nd party)while your insurance company is d 1st party. When you damage another person's car i.e the insurance company will repair that persons vehicle and not yours,same thing if your vehicle hits a person,the company will settle the medical bills.Your limit on 3rd party insurance is N1million.

You may be right. I got my defintion from an FRSC spokesman on TV. I may also not be wrong.
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Simplesoul05(m): 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
autoinfo:
Dear all,

2) Vehicle license
3) Insurance Certificate
5) CMR (Police report)

Our services include:

Your conTact number make I call u to mk enquiry
Re: Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You. by Lionhearted: 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
armadeo:

CME. Please I have never heard of this before. Nobody around me seems to have it. What's the importance.

Why should I have to inform the police i bought a car. What's their business.

Please enlighten me.

Anybody with CNR here. How did you get it.

At the bolded...Then why should you inform them if and when your car got stolen?

By your analogy, none of their business..!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Cars Malfunction After Having Sex In Them? / This N81m Danfo Bus Limousine Is The Best You’ve Ever Seen (photos) / Dino Melaye Parks His Ferrari Convertible At Transcorp Hotel With The Top Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.