Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,696 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

Kia Owner's Forum - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Owner's Forum (27583 Views)

MMM Car Spotted In Lagos, Will You Challenge The Owner For Your Money? (photos) / Mountain Of Fire Vs Beer Car: How Will You Describe The Owner Of This Car / Photos : Accident Leads To Fight Between BRT Staff And Car Owner In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kia Owner's Forum by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Lomomike I'm sure u missed the bolded wink

Still remember the title of this thread lipsrsealed

Na you carry me come na cheesy

Backs off slowly one step at a time. lipsrsealed
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by MIB1(m): 7:33am On Feb 23, 2015
lomomike:

Have your radiator fan been changed, is it connected directly?
Is your engine idling smoothly? Check the sparkplugs too. Such vibrations could arise from those afore mentioned parts.

Radiator fan has never been changed, as for the plugs will check but I have replaced the plugs once since the vibration started
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by ozee1kinobi: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

Please where can i get genuine Kia Rio parts (Rio 2013) in Lagos

Looking for Sway Bar link and Bushing

Thanks
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
ozee1kinobi:
Hi Guys,

Please where can i get genuine Kia Rio parts (Rio 2013) in Lagos

Looking for Sway Bar link and Bushing

Thanks

New or toks? If it is toks I get them from 2 places, 1. Ladipo, 2 owode where they remove them from accidented cars.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owner's Forum by ozee1kinobi: 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

New or toks? If it is toks I get them from 2 places, 1. Ladipo, 2 owode where they remove them from accidented cars.

New if possible.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by kunyemi: 11:59am On Feb 24, 2015
The parking Sensor of my 2014 Kia Cerato removed after i scratched a car in my front.if i move below 20km it gives me an alert that i should check the Sensor.But the alert stops when i move above 20km.how can i replace the parking Sensor.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
kunyemi:
i have a 2013 kia cerato.i tried to reverse and drive but the Car didn't move.it didn't show any warning signal on the dash board.pls advise

What's the total mileage of the vehicle?

Repair history?

Is there enough transmission oil?

Any rodents live in the engine bay?

Have you scanned? What are the codes?

Any strange noises from cv joints?(Shafts)

Did you visit your village recently? grin

Waiting for ur reply.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by kunyemi: 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2015
What's the total mileage of the vehicle?21,000

Repair history?no repair yet,just maintenance

Is there enough transmission oil?i didnt check,the last service was in december 2014

Any rodents live in the engine bay?i will check

Have you scanned? What are the codes?i have not scanned

Any strange noises from cv joints?(Shafts)no strange noise.but when i accelerate it just makes vummm
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by AUSTAAI(m): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2015
Guys, what are your thoughts on KIA Sportage? In term of everything.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by ahaika23: 7:59am On Mar 10, 2015
Morning all, please where can I get kia parts in Ph?

1 Like

Re: Kia Owner's Forum by lesluga: 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
dana motors
ahaika23:
Morning all, please where can I get kia parts in Ph?
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
lesluga:
dana motors

Expensive answer. grin

1 Like

Re: Kia Owner's Forum by abuhubaidah: 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
daVinci1:
Nope. It's not stabiliser links, bro. The noise comes from the neck of the steering. Let me post a similar case posted by another victim

Watch "Kia Forte/Cerato Knocking Steering Sound" on YouTube - Kia Forte/Cerato Knocking Steering Sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBTdDzQ3ris
you are right bro,my boss work on it last year
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by abuhubaidah: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
daVinci1:
Tnx a lot, ekoboy. I'll do just that, maybe in PH or Owerri. These Kia cars sef. Lol.
i can help you solve the prob
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by Adesiji77: 10:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hello house, I would like to know the fair market price of a Kia Cerato (2008 Model) with mileage of just a little over 86,000km.

I want to effect comprehensive insurance on the vehicle and the insurer is asking for the value that i want to assign to it in the event of a claim. I want a very fair and objective value; got it "tear-rubber" in 2009

Thanks for your expected responses.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59am On Mar 28, 2015
Adesiji77:
Hello house, I would like to know the fair market price of a Kia Cerato (2008 Model) with mileage of just a little over 86,000km.

I want to effect comprehensive insurance on the vehicle and the insurer is asking for the value that i want to assign to it in the event of a claim. I want a very fair and objective value; got it "tear-rubber" in 2009

Thanks for your expected responses.

Re: Kia Owner's Forum by Adesiji77: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you sir
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by lesluga: 8:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Hello guys, i need ur hlp . My 2010 cerato makes a Squilky sound any time i pull up d hand brakes, i hv change my brake pad but the sound is still there, pls any suggestions?
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by nervorum: 11:02am On Jun 26, 2016
Hi Gazzuz,

I own an 06 kia cerato, bought used at 85k km. I notice the steering shakes and vibrates from 110km/hr. from experience i thought it was alignment, so i did alignment and wheel balancing, but im afraid i still get d vibration afterwards. I think it may be a problem with d legs, but im nt sure. Pls wat do u think.guide me
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2016
nervorum:
Hi Gazzuz,

I own an 06 kia cerato, bought used at 85k km. I notice the steering shakes and vibrates from 110km/hr. from experience i thought it was alignment, so i did alignment and wheel balancing, but im afraid i still get d vibration afterwards. I think it may be a problem with d legs, but im nt sure. Pls wat do u think.guide me

are you sure the wheel balance was done properly? Was it digital? Swap front and rear wheels and see if it stops.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by nervorum: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

are you sure the wheel balance was done properly? Was it digital? Swap front and rear wheels and see if it stops.

Yes it was digitally done i guess, at least i saw them apply the tires to d machine and 'machine-spun' etc. I specifically requested them do the tire swap which they did.

I just want to knw wat else it could be. The car is very basic and drives well. Just want to fix that challenge.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by Homguy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
daVinci1:
Nope. It's not stabiliser links, bro. The noise comes from the neck of the steering. Let me post a similar case posted by another victim

Watch "Kia Forte/Cerato Knocking Steering Sound" on YouTube - Kia Forte/Cerato Knocking Steering Sound:
i noticed this in my kia optima 04, after a lot of research i found its a connector called "spider" at the base of the steering inside the car. Try changing that.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by Homguy(m): 5:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Kia owner rio07 1.4 liter engine manual transsmision.

Nice thread.
Good day boss, what coucould be the effect of faulty upper and lower clutches in a kia optima 04? Thanks
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
Homguy:
Good day boss, what coucould be the effect of faulty upper and lower clutches in a kia optima 04? Thanks

lack of hydraulic pressure when depressing the clutch. Car might become undrivable.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by Homguy(m): 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

lack of hydraulic pressure when depressing the clutch. Car might become undrivable.
alright boss, thanks.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by phinter: 1:18am On Jun 27, 2016
daVinci1:

Perhaps it might be the column. I experienced it with my hyundai accent 2012 but been using it like that. However you can get the parts at ladipo. There are kia and hyundai dealers there.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by emvuatt: 7:02am On Jun 27, 2016
I want to know were to get kia soul 2010 starring box rubber which makes it make noise when turning left or right
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Jun 27, 2016
emvuatt:
I want to know were to get kia soul 2010 starring box rubber which makes it make noise when turning left or right

phinter:

Perhaps it might be the column. I experienced it with my hyundai accent 2012 but been using it like that. However you can get the parts at ladipo. There are kia and hyundai dealers there.

the electronic steering column has issues, if your car is still under warranty, kia or hyundai should replace for free, if not it is an expensive fix (over 300k)
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by RichDad1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
**modified**
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
RichDad1:
hi all,
please i need your advice. I'm stuck as to which to choose between Toyota Avensis late 2011 and Kia Optima 2015.
I really needs your advice. I've been a Toyota person for almost 10 years now but recently i was impressed with the interior of the KIA.
My concern with the KIA is durability and maintenance undecided undecided undecided undecided while Toyota is becoming over priced on a daily basis. angry angry angry angry angry

this is a kia/hyundai thread, you will only get kia/hyundai positive views.

To get. Unbiased views, open thread.

By the way, I have 2 Korean cars kia/ hyundai, and planning on getting another kia this week. I also have a toyota, but I'm in love with the kia/hyundai technology.
Re: Kia Owner's Forum by nervorum: 2:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Hello everyone.

I own an 07 cerato, manual transmission. Couple of days ago, my clutch pedal just suddenly got 'floored' without warning, and the car was undriveable, as the gear could not engage. Got a mechanic who detected a leak in the system and discovered some damaged parts in the clutch system which were changed.

Clutch came back to life afterwards, but i noticed that after driving the car for sometime, the gear 'freezes up' suddenly while in motion. It gets so hard the shift stick would not disengage, or engage. I would have to turn off the ignition, then it returns back to normal again. Surprisingly, if the ignition is off at that point, the gear is soft as normal.

I have returned back to the mechanic who fiddled with some stuff, and certifies it okay, but the problem still persists. Clutch oil in the port has not reduced since after the initial repair, so there is no leak anywhere.

Please anyone with an idea of what it could be, its very frustrating. Car has been an excellent basic car before now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Behold The Made In Nnewi,nigeria Cars! / Photos; Fatal Accident At Alausa, Ikeja Reportedly Leaves 2 Dead / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.