Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,089 members, 7,849,409 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units (1293 Views)

Military Stops Amaechi From Inspecting Polling Units In The State (Photos) / BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / Mrs Osinbajo Drove Hubby To Polling Unit - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by talktimi(m): 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2015
By Monsuru Olowoopejo

LAGOS—The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Tuesday, said the commission has dumped the ward distribution of Permanent Voters Cards, PVCs for the polling units across Lagos State.

INEC had earlier commenced distribution of PVC in the 245 wards established by the electoral body in the state.

Lagos Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr. Akin Orebiyi who disclosed this during a closed door meeting with the state governor, Babatunde Fashola at the Lagos House, Ikeja, added that the new 1.9 million PVC promised by the commission last week has arrived for distribution in the state. With this, the number of eligible voters has increased to 5.9 million.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
awww
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by Elslim: 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
5.9 million votes for APC... dancing Shoki wiv agbada!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by ziccoit: 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
A good development but this should be replicated across the country. Polling unit based collection is the fastest and most efficient.
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by kestolove95(m): 11:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
How dix news take b breaking now?abg e no break me

1 Like

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by temitemi1(m): 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2015
What abt other states GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by bizlifelines(m): 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
This is a good move by inec and it shows that some people are putting their thinking caps on
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by baybeeboi: 11:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
just how it should be.
But how is this breaking news?
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
Power must go back to the people by force.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by doctokwus: 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2015
Pls Jega shd have double security protection.The way the man is determined to hold these elections as scheduled is one tune PDP does not want to hear.
A party that can can pay thugs to stone its own candidate and president and attempt to do same to d opposition candidate is capable of anything.
5.9m eligible voters in an APC locked state may just drive PDP to doing sth dastardly.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by DickDastardly(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2015
doctokwus:
Pls Jega shd have double security protection.The way the man is determined to hold these elections as scheduled is one tune PDP does not want to hear.
A party that can can pay thugs to stone its own candidate and president and attempt to do same to d opposition candidate is capable of anything.
5.9m eligible voters in an APC locked state may just drive PDP to doing sth "DASTARDLY".

Dastardly?
I like that cool

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by talktimi(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2015
This is the best route inec should have stuck with from the get go
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by emiye(m): 11:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
This is the way to go, that way, no one will have excuse of not collecting his/her PVC.

INEC should replicate this step in other states, at least the last two days (saturday and sunday) distribution must be at all polling units

1 Like

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by mrofficial(m): 11:39pm On Feb 03, 2015
Good. Buhari's victory coming to actuality.

#SaiBuhari
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by Wuuworld(m): 11:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
Better for us all..
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by bamidele029: 11:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
That's good, there must be no excuses. The elections must hold on the 14th and the 28th of February

1 Like

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by Mclement: 1:01am On Feb 04, 2015
book this space. if there is any state in the southwest where good luck will win convincingly, it is in Lagos state. I projects he will win by 60 to 65 percent of votes.
Reasons:
1. large concentration of Igbos and Niger deltans in Lagos
2. Yoruba xtians community in the state I projects will also queue behind him. some feels voting for buhari will be a reward to book haram and their supporters ( I falls into this category, though most are generally silent)

some may not agree with me but this is my opinion.

I am a Yoruba and i think good luck has performed below average yet better than all his predecessors.
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by blank(f): 2:47am On Feb 04, 2015
Mclement:
book this space. if there is any state in the southwest where good luck will win convincingly, it is in Lagos state. I projects he will win by 60 to 65 percent of votes.
Reasons:
2. Yoruba xtians community in the state I projects will also queue behind him. some feels voting for buhari will be a reward to book haram and their supporters ( I falls into this category, though most are generally silent)

I am a Yoruba and i think good luck has performed below average yet better than all his predecessors.
God bless Nigeria

Gosh! Large concentration of Igbos & NDeltans? the ones that have perfected plans to return to their home states b4 elections? The ones that hardly vote? APC will win Lagos convincingly.
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by mrofficial(m): 7:37am On Feb 04, 2015
Mclement:
Reasons:

God bless Nigeria

You think the Yorubas think that way? What happened in 2003 elections? Why didn't the Yorubas vote Obasanjo?

The Yorubas are about good governance. Goodluck was voted for because everyone thought he was the messiah and he swayed the Yorubas with the 'Shoeless' gist.
Re: BREAKING ; INEC Moves PVC Distribution Back To Polling Units by talktimi(m): 9:46am On Feb 04, 2015
I don't think inec is really interested in distributing the pvc's because in Rivers state for example, their adhoc staff are told that there is no money to pay them so any gratification they expect will only come from the communities where the cards are distributed (sold @200 naira) besides there is no proper enlightenment of the people to even know what is going on

(1) (Reply)

Just In, Inec Not Using Card Verification Device / Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria / Confusion In PDP Camp As they Deny Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.