Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,929 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria (1287 Views)

Arrested Boko Haram Suspect Is Brother Of A Presidential Body Guard - ThisDay / Photo: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Looking Cool In A Presidential Jet / Soldiers Stop APC Reps Candidate From Leaving His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by egift(m): 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
If Buhari was an Igboman. (As a former Head of State, with so much integrity and running for Presidency in 2015 under APC)
- There will be many Men of God who will be enthroning his virtues.
- You will see many fellow Igbo men going on Radio, TV and the Internet to juxtapose the historic and ecclesiastical reality of a Buhari's Presidency.
- Every community in Aligbo will be bestowing on Buhari many titles. And historic landmarks renamed after him.
- A VP from the SW will be promoted as epic and a grand unification of the southern Nigeria against the North.
- A VP from the North will be regarded as a landmark reconciliation and unification of Nigeria.
- A VP from the SS will be sold as Restoration of the Eastern Region superpower beyond Africa.
- Some dubious Igbo business man will sell him out to protect their selfish interest.
- The average citizen of Nigeria will see the hope and need for Buhari to come and tame Corruption.
- His being an Army General will be trumpeted as that of a Lion, a warrior, a liberator and exactly what Nigeria need. Even compared with the fame of the Warriors of Aro Ndi Izuogu.
- All the current insults will not be heard and anyone that insults Buhari will be called a Sabo. And many more.

My only question with the reality today, is if Ndigbo are not approaching this election with open minds as it should, rather than demonize Buhari, how then can the rest of Nigeria support us in presenting an Igboman for President?

Anyway, I know for certain that when Buhari wins, Ndigbo will rally around Buhari because of two reasons:
1. Majority of my people do not play Opposition Politics. That is when you will be hearing "in politics there are no permanent enemies".
2. Supporting and being part of Buhari's Presidency when elected by Ndigbo, will help keep 2019 election an open race. Since Buhari would have tamed Corruption and may not have need to continue.

As for Jonathan, forget him. He is gone. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thank God ya useless father is not inec chairman lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
egift, please ignore these boys. They're not worth the troubles.

5 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by egift(m): 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Thank God ya useless father is not inec chairman lipsrsealed

At Bold: I will forgive your ignorance. But please don't repeat it. Have a lovely day.

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by itetemi: 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
egift:

At Bold: I will forgive your ignorance. But please don't repeat it. Have a lovely day.

they are not worth it cos defeat is already staring them in the face.

4 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by xpac01(m): 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
Meanwhile, I am in the train right now. Enjoy the dividends of Jonathan's administration.
Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by brownlord: 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
egift:
If Buhari was an Igboman. (As a former Head of State, with so much integrity and running for Presidency in 2015 under APC)
- There will be many Men of God who will be enthroning his virtues.
- You will see many fellow Igbo men going on Radio, TV and the Internet to juxtapose the historic and ecclesiastical reality of a Buhari's Presidency.
- Every community in Aligbo will be bestowing on Buhari many titles. And historic landmarks renamed after him.
- A VP from the SW will be promoted as epic and a grand unification of the southern Nigeria against the North.
- A VP from the North will be regarded as a landmark reconciliation and unification of Nigeria.
- A VP from the SS will be sold as Restoration of the Eastern Region superpower beyond Africa.
- Some dubious Igbo business man will sell him out to protect their selfish interest.
- The average citizen of Nigeria will see the hope and need for Buhari to come and tame Corruption.
- His being an Army General will be trumpeted as that of a Lion, a warrior, a liberator and exactly what Nigeria need. Even compared with the fame of the Warriors of Aro Ndi Izuogu.
- All the current insults will not be heard and anyone that insults Buhari will be called a Sabo. And many more.

My only question with the reality today, is if Ndigbo are not approaching this election with open minds as it should, rather than demonize Buhari, how then can the rest of Nigeria support us in presenting an Igboman for President?

Anyway, I know for certain that when Buhari wins, Ndigbo will rally around Buhari because of two reasons:
1. Majority of my people do not play Opposition Politics. That is when you will be hearing "in politics there are no permanent enemies".
2. Supporting and being part of Buhari's Presidency when elected by Ndigbo, will help keep 2019 election an open race. Since Buhari would have tamed Corruption and may not have need to continue.

As for Jonathan, forget him. He is gone. grin grin grin

If Jonathan was a northerner you won't hear those northern elders and Arewa calling his government corrupt or declaring one party haram

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by laykhorn(m): 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
It is really disheartening to see people support stagnancy for sheer sentiments and bigotry such as ethnicity and religion. We are in the 21st century for goodness sake and to believe such encumbrance will impede and forestall our progress in the hands of malfeasance is not in accord of goodwill.
May God save Nigeria
May God Bless my fatherland
God bless me, you and our yet unborn generation who may not forgive our myopic decision.

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by lilflipnerd: 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
brownlord:

If Jonathan was a northerner you won't hear those northern elders and Arewa calling his government corrupt or declaring one party haram
they would if he grants pardon to the likes of alams, ffk, fayose

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by egift(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
lilflipnerd:
they would if he grants pardon to the likes of alams, ffk, fayose
Exactly. Jonathan administration is defined by inactions. All the rampage you see in Jonathan today is a panic response to the Fear of Defeat looking at him. Once the fear is gone then back to square one.

But by electing Buhari, PDP will be there to monitor them and keep APC on its toes to perform better.

Support and vote for Change. Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by lilflipnerd: 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
egift:
Exactly. Jonathan administration is defined by inactions. All the rampage you see in Jonathan today is a panic response to the Fear of Defeat looking at him. Once the fear is gone then back to square one.

But by electing Buhari, PDP will be there to monitor them and keep APC on its toes to perform better.

ppl dnt see it this way ooo.

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2015
The writer of this crap forgets that if Buhari was an Igbo man he will not even get the APC Presidential ticket!

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2015
The rejection of Buhari is not a rejection of the North

Atiku or IBB would not have been rejected in this manner by the Igbos

Yar'adua was not rejected by the igbos either

The history shows that against SW, NW and SS candidates Ndigbo have always rejected Buhari.
So OP needs to calm down and learn the truth.

BTW Buhari candidacy will soon be buried in the court!
Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
Ndigbo have never had it so good in terms of politics

we have been faithful to PDP and shown that we can be team players too.

All I ask of Jonathan is to groom 2 fine successors that the world can respect. one from the North, while the other from the South East to match this country into the 21st century. If the Northerner emerges the Presidential candidate in 2019 then that's fine by me let the South East man be his VP!

But the key is not who is President, or who is VP. For me so long as the man at the helm includes all parties in running the affairs of State. That is more than enough for me!

Those threatening the Igbos should mind their biznes
Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by GeneralBosco: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
Sacred facts: OJUKWU, THE GREAT IGBO WARLORD HAD ONLY ONE VOTE IN BAYELSA IN 2007! grin grin grin

I thought Ibos are everywhere in Nigeria grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
I once stumbled on this write-up by one patriotic Nigerian on the Igbo:

THE IGBOS

In our meeting, all the governors wanted Amaechi as vice. We had settled for him when we left. However, Tinubu wanted to be the VP, but most people were opposed to it, at the end we decided to pick Prof, since Tinubu insisted on a South West candidate. We hope that Amaechi's role as campaign DG will win us at least 25% of votes from the SE and SS. Meanwhile, those that have to play their cards better in the Nigerian political space are the Igbos.

The Yoruba's have gotten more out of Nigeria that our SE brothers ! They play smart politics , choose when to ally with the center and when to oppose it smartly NOT based of prejudice and bigotry! This way , they gain while some other folks hold on to a frankly delusional dislike for another group and consistently outdo themselves! If you want to sink with GEJ an incompetent man because you want to use him to "deny" the North power, by all means do so, but remember that you also push power further away from yourself because YOU NEED ALLIANCES (even if it is with your perceived enemies) to ever get to power!

When I look West or North, I don't see the SE forming any alliances , hence I can confidently conclude that they have miscalculated again! Would you guys go and hang yourselves in 2019 when PDP rotates power to the North and your much hated Hausa-fulani muslim northerner becomes president ? Would you then run to the SW and say let's oppose them? Tinubu is a brilliant politician , he probably distrusts the North more than you do, but he understands that ALLIANCES rather than bigotry is the route to power in a country with major ethnic groups and power blocks! Give or take power will certainly reach the SW AGAIN before the SE , bc APC or PDP understands that they need this block!

Okorocha understands this, and I am sure many pragmatic Igbos felt proud of him when he mounted the podium at the APC convention to add an Igbo voice to what has become A NATIONAL CRY FOR CHANGE! you cannot as a result of unfounded bigotry hold the whole nation back! It is not a good reason to do so! Reminds me of the biblical "fake mother " who asked Solomon that the baby which was not hers be divided! ! This is what you guys did in 2011 and are doing now ! You will sacrifice Nigeria on the platter of bigotry and hatred if even it destroys you? How can you hate another , more than you love yourself ? I say rethink your motivations, I would respect whoever you choose to support as long as it is because of his competence or lack of it , but to hate a pleural entity "Hausa-fulani muslim north? Is silly and won't get you anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
mikeansy:
Ndigbo have never had it so good in terms of politics

we have been faithful to PDP and shown that we can be team players too.

All I ask of Jonathan is to groom 2 fine successors that the world can respect. one from the North, while the other from the South East to match this country into the 21st century. If the Northerner emerges the Presidential candidate in 2019 then that's fine by me let the South East man be his VP!

But the key is not who is President, or who is VP. For me so long as the man at the helm includes all parties in running the affairs of State. That is more than enough for me!

Those threatening the Igbos should mind their biznes

As much as I like your submission, I am disturbed at the bolded. Why must Jonathan, who has failed by the real indices by which a successful government is measured, continue till 2019.

Rochas Okorocha will forever have my ultimate respect and he remains a good Nigeria who plays politics with maturity. It is surprising that the Igbos are not yet sophisticated in Nigerian politics despite their tremendous success in other fields. If the Igbos were politically alert as they should be, APC remains the only viable option for them to achieve the presidency.

We all know that APC was prepared to give the VP slot to an Igbo man in the person of Okorocha or even Ogbonna Onu but APC realized that doing that will not still make the Igbos to vote for the ticket. How did they know this? Because it had happened before!

1 Like

Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2015
PassingShot:

As much as I like your submission, I am disturbed at the bolded. Why must Jonathan, who has failed by the real indices by which a successful government is measured, continue till 2019.

Rochas Okorocha will forever have my ultimate respect and he remains a good Nigeria who plays politics with maturity. It is surprising that the Igbos are not yet sophisticated in Nigerian politics despite their tremendous success in other fields. If the Igbos were politically alert as they should be, APC remains the only viable option for them to achieve the presidency.

We all know that APC was prepared to give the VP slot to an Igbo man in the person of Okorocha or even Ogbonna Onu but APC realized that doing that will not still make the Igbos to vote for the ticket. How did they know this? Because it had happened before!

Rochas Okorocha should thank his stars if he remains in Douglas House come May 29th. No be my own Imo State again?

Nigeria must move forward. Even if Buhari woke Ojukwu up from the grave and made him his VP he would still not convince the SE.

We just want to truly move forward. Defeating Buhari will finally end our country's chapter with their class of Army Generals

Let the IBB, OBJ, Gowon, Danjuma of this world take the back seat and play the role of elder statesmen. Let young men take the helm!
Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by PassingShot(m): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
mikeansy:

Rochas Okorocha should thank his stars if he remains in Douglas House come May 29th. No be my own Imo State again?

If Okorocha loses the election, it is Imo's loss and cannot be seen as personal loss to him. However be sure that the PDP governor that will replace him will not show any mercy in squandering the resources of Imo state. Only after that you lots will realize what you lost.
Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by yakubuomowumi: 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2015
APC LIE LIAR MUHAMMAD 

APC WITCHCRAFT BROOM CARRYING PARTY

APC CAUSING FUEL SCARCITY LIKE THIER MAYHEM.
The Schizophrenic demented sick Pa Buhari is a terrorist, deranged old brainless super clueless bastard
Apc is boko haram
Thiefnu.bu is a pedophile drug dealer and a cocain sniffer property seized in the usa for his drug deals.

Buhari can only be president in sambisa and shekau would hand over to him with his forged result. 

Osinbajo is fake and a loafer

Amechi and Fashola are errand boys

Ambode new recruit errand boy

Buhari boko haram spiritual head

Atiku and Thiefnu.bu boko haram sponsor
Re: Reactions To Buhari As A Presidential Candidate From South East, Nigeria by vanunu: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
egift:

Tufiakwa, are u mad? Buhari is number one enemy of democracy and a notorous coup plotter.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Lays Fresh Ambush Against Election / Is Goodluck Avoiding A Kiss Or Clueless About It.pic / Nigeria Set For New Political Era; What Are Your Expectations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.