Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus (41627 Views)

As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus / As A Student - 7 Factors To Consider If You Want To Stay Off Campus / 11 Types Of Neighbours In Off-campus Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by wisolf(m): 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
eitsei:
gr8 futarian
Great!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by pxjosh(m): 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
desmondDessi:

Uniben student abi?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Teespice(f): 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
I had the best of both worlds whilst in uni.

trust me, I would prefer staying in campus over n over again.

the distractions that come with staying off campus no be here.

sometimes I wonder how I was able to attend classes, read and pass my exams knowing how very comfortable my room off campus was.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Teespice:
I had the best of both worlds whilst in uni.

trust me, I would prefer staying in campus over n over again.

the distractions that come with staying off campus no be here.

sometimes I wonder how I was able to attend classes, read and pass my exams knowing how very comfortable my room off campus was.

yeah, right nw am watching ''the vampire diaries'' instead of reading my book...lol....off-campus! Not advisable for d weak minded
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Hopez456(m): 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Taylor184:
I stay in the hostel...And we are just four in a spacious room divided into Four corners...There is a hell lot of privacy and no one steals in the room where i am...Also,asper the rules and regulations,guys do break dem wella and even the hostel porters are aware...The ish of girlfrnds,the visitation time makes sense but again,babes do sleep over grin...And the hostel fee is less dan 20k...
Kitchennette,Constant electricity,Constant supply of water etc
So gimme a reason why ano go stay hostel till i grad.
You must be a uite and a zikite or katangite. I hope I am right?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hopez456:
You must be a uite and a zikite or katangite. I hope I am right?
Proudly Katangite!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by nawtikid(m): 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2015
Unilorin hostel z nw 35k....and u kud xo unlucky enof 2 find urxef in a room 8 + 4 squatters
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by deedrizzie: 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
pxjosh:
.Reasons why you should stay in hostel: Better security, proximity to 'night class', water, ease of getting information from colleagues, [s]you can economize, esp using hotplate(hall3&4boys)[/s], etc etc. ive been in school's hostel for 4 years now and for the remaining 2 years i'm still going to stay there.
r u an mbbs student pls?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Stepsse(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2015
wisolf:

Great!!
great o.....are you a stalite or an alumnus?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by dannzzi(m): 12:59am On Feb 05, 2015
dat unilorin is d perfect example.....may devil catch u sub-dean con grab..ur own don finish...dont know about oda universities but as for unilorin off campus is better....free football matches z d only advantage....yh also gettn to lectures early
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 05, 2015
ayokunlei:

BBF student it seems
Quite obvious. From the above points, the probitas doctrina Is repped

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by wisolf(m): 6:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Stepsse:
Alumnus
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by pxjosh(m): 7:03am On Feb 05, 2015
deedrizzie:
r u an mbbs student pls?
pharmD student
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Franchise21(m): 8:23am On Feb 05, 2015
dat5starguy:

Why do people keep saying this?
I'll address this once.
Let's say you get an hostel in the school for 30k, multiply it by 8 other students you'll be staying with. How much do you pay for accommodation off campus?
Uniben hostel goes for 6k, haven't heard of any hostel dat goes for above 15k
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 05, 2015
Franchise21:
Uniben hostel goes for 6k, haven't heard of any hostel dat goes for above 15k
Unilorin hostel is over 30k
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by abangaLEE(f): 9:23am On Feb 05, 2015
Danbam:
cheesy lol...abeg wia u grad frm
streetz uni of Naija
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by lovely17(m): 10:40am On Feb 05, 2015
dat5starguy:

Mate, you school in unilag? Are you really sure you are a unilag student? How about you take punctuation classes?
life is too short to punctuate on social networks
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 05, 2015
lovely17:
life is too short to punctuate on social networks
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Meelaw(m): 10:51am On Feb 05, 2015
SegunFlames:

Yeah i was also airing my views like you said concluding your opening post.

"Feel free to air your views"

It goes both ways. You dont have to like mine either! cool
Don't start ur 2015 by starting e fights....ko le pay e
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Hopez456(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2015
Taylor184:
Proudly Katangite!
That's great, I am from the baluba republic.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by dahdah: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2015
Humblebloke:

Polyibadan ryt?
NO
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by SegunFlames(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Meelaw:

Don't start ur 2015 by starting e fights....ko le pay e

Thanks sir. I didn't have that intention. I don't do that either.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by lacasera14(m): 12:06am On Feb 06, 2015
In the hostel you are always sure of electricity every night and in the early hours of the morning, but off camp you are left at the mercy of phcn. security is guaranteed no robbers coming to rob you. there's no dull moment, It's always fun and lively unlike off camp where most times you could be bored to death. you get the opportunity to meet lots of people and characters from all parts of the country, you have first hand information of any gist on campus, close proximity you don't have to spend transport to class everyday. finally as for the price is very cheap 15k compared to 150k is quite huge you could pocket some change and do something great. hit like if you stayed in the hostel and enjoyed it or you are currently enjoying one now

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by ayokunlei(m): 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
nawtikid:
Unilorin hostel z nw 35k....and u kud xo unlucky enof 2 find urxef in a room 8 + 4 squatters

28k and nt 35k
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by nawtikid(m): 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
ayokunlei:

28k and nt 35k
it has always bin 28k in d past sessions...it jst increased 2 35k dis session

Plz dnt quote me again if ur findings are nt confidential
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by ayokunlei(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
nawtikid:
it has always bin 28k in d past sessions...it jst increased 2 35k dis session

Plz dnt quote me again if ur findings are nt confidential

brother, I no dey fight you nao. Anyway, Nagode.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2015
grin grin
donem:

Mehn! I so much like dat your hostel, i can get 2 d ground 4rm the 3rd floor, within a twinkle of an eye.
Loooool...come jump nah. Mek U no wake up for Unilag medical centre. Thanks jareh
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
tmanis:

Is the full stop necessary after a question mark?
That was a mistake 'cause a photo of my hostel was supposed to be uploaded there but I mistakenly submitted without finishing. I'm not some dumbass. That's my hostel in UNILAG, Saburi Biobaku Hall

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by wisolf(m): 10:07am On Feb 12, 2015
Stepsse:
Alumnus sir
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Stepsse(m): 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
wisolf:

Alumnus sir
thats good....am a stalite.........sTc
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Ayobami7(m): 3:03pm On May 23, 2018
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Countries You Can Study At Top Universities At Affordable Fees. / Meet Boubini Jones-Wonni, Best Graduating Student At Miles College, Birmingham / Asomba Nkiru Sandra: Russian University, Michurinsk State Agrarian Hails Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.