Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,957 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus (41622 Views)

As A Student – 7 Reasons Why You Should Never Stay Off Campus / As A Student - 7 Factors To Consider If You Want To Stay Off Campus / 11 Types Of Neighbours In Off-campus Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Olanireti(m): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
perfectly described. OAU students can testify to that. I like my privacy a lot. Off campus things. Expecting the counter thread soon why you must stay on campus

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by seedorfg(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
for we the jambito i guess
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Azunwena: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
micrep3030:
Ur major objective is to learn n u can only be in d hostel n concentrate well
big lie...Dont deceive yourself.... people stay in the hostel and fail

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by dkronicle(m): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
edozie04:
supported
lemme add some
u share ur bathroom and toilet with little or nobody unlike school hostels where you lay layers b4 you use the toilet (unn students can attest to this)
lols news paper

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by anigold(m): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
If you attended UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR .
,you must know a place called malabor(male And female hostel)..

I had the most interesting period in my life during my stay in the Malabor

Free light/almost 18 hours of light each day,proximity to classes(after some long lectures I will rush to my room to shower), low cost of living, security and access to information..

Some folks were talking about privacy everything depends on how you relate with your room mates cos my lady used to visit me often..

You END up with better social skills...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by grad2012(f): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
danaiks:
Abegi!!...na hostel life sweet pass!!
na so cos aProko go dey wella grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by loomer: 4:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
ALL THESE NA STORY......................

THE MAIN REASON BE SAY HOSTELS ON CAMPUS ARE GENERALLY SHITY

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Taylor184:
I stay in the hostel...And we are just four in a spacious room divided into Four corners...There is a hell lot of privacy and no one steals in the room where i am...Also,asper the rules and regulations,guys do break dem wella and even the hostel porters are aware...The ish of girlfrnds,the visitation time makes sense but again,babes do sleep over grin...And the hostel fee is less dan 20k...
Kitchennette,Constant electricity,Constant supply of water etc
So gimme a reason why ano go stay hostel till i grad.
Which institution
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
anigold:
If you attended UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR .
,you must know a place called malabor(male And female hostel)..

I had the most interesting period in my life during my stay in the Malabor

Free light/almost 18 hours of light each day,proximity to classes(after some long lectures I will rush to my room to shower), low cost of living, security and access to information..

Some folks were talking about privacy everything depends on how you relate with your room mates cos my lady used to visit me often..

You END up with better social skills...
Your lady in your room, in a school hostel. That can't happen in unilorin.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by eitsei(m): 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
wisolf:
After witnessing hot beans get missing on the cooking stove,I understood what the meaning,characteristics and advantages of the word privacy...remembering my Akindeko boys in Futa
gr8 futarian
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by oc2fish: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
A great Zikites in the house. University of Ibadan Hall. Where you learn to be a man. Katangites I heil you. Tedderites, Kuteite and Malanbites Hi, None can live in Queen Idah and Queen Elizabeth hall and regrets on Campus. Even life in the village (Awo hall) . was sweet. Up on campus.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Which institution
The Premier University!!UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
Visitation time is 4pm to 10pm...And on weekends 10am to 10pm...E make sense die

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by kendrick9(m): 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
off campus is the best

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
oc2fish:
A great Zikites in the house. University of Ibadan Hall. Where you learn to be a man. Katangites I heil you. Tedderites, Kuteite and Malanbites Hi, None can live in Queen Idah and Queen Elizabeth hall and regrets on Campus. Even life in the village (Awo hall) . was sweet. Up on campus.
Wagbayi....The zikism spirit flows in me,but i am a Katangite....#TeamUite
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
Taylor184:
The Premier University!!UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
Visitation time is 4pm to 10pm...And on weekends 10am to 10pm...E make sense die
Still, they can't stay overnight.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by randomFYO: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ur right mehn, PRIVACY PRIVACY PRIVACY .

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by killzone(m): 4:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
When I saw this I was suspecting it was a unilorin student that wrote this

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by killzone(m): 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Your lady in your room, in a school hostel. That can't happen in unilorin.
sharp sharp u go face tanke
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Still, they can't stay overnight.
According to the rules and regulation...But all you need do if you wana make them stay is to partition your corner with curtains,and locked up in your privacy...Let her sleep and as early as 5 or 6am,you take her back to her hostel...Very simple grin...But if dem catch you ehn,you don enta am be dat...
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by akanbiaa(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2129980/nairaland-gej-vs-gmb-opinion#30423226

Very important Nairaland opinion poll between GEJ and GMB that will expire February 14 2015, just click like on your choice nothing more. One of them is already leading with wide margin you can either close the gap or expand the margin.

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by khattab008: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Guilty as charged.

Nice, Which Dept/Lvl?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Odaveboy(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
wisolf:
After witnessing hot beans get missing on the cooking stove,I understood what the meaning,characteristics and advantages of the word privacy...remembering my Akindeko boys in Futa
.............obakekere tins......I hail bros
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ehhhhhm...my school, UNILAG, has 13 good hostels. 7 hostels for the female students and 6 hostels for the male students and each hostel is a 3-storey building. We don't queue up to use the restrooms but the problem is that the hostels are not enough to accomodate all the students. Also, among those who are lucky to be given bed spaces are some wild students who just mess up sometimes and they brush from the windows in some hostels. Though the cleaners are always trying their best possible to keep the hostels clean. But then, I prefer staying on campus. It's fun fun fun all the way, U get to class on time, you can easily use the school library at ur convenience etc. That's my hostel, saburi Biobaku Hall...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Fussbot: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by abangaLEE(f): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

Ok, big guy. Where do/did you stay in school?
i stay with ma parents off campo
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
i hated stayin in school hostel even b4 gainin admission....
After what i saw in UNIBEN's hostel (hall4) stayin in school became ''not an option'' for me....
I rep ABU zaria nw shaa...
U'll see students on a very long queue just to fetch water to bathe....
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
abangaLEE:

i stay with ma parents off campo
I see.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by abangaLEE(f): 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:

I see.
weytin u use see am
u get eye 2 see
i see ko
i saw ni
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by ayokunlei(m): 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
dat5starguy:
As an undergraduate, it's fair to say that off campus hostel is better than the school owned hostel. Below are some of the reasons why.

CHOICE IS LIMITED
In the school hostel, you don't have the luxury of picking from a variety of choices. Its just a room where you are stuffed with eight people. Off campus, you can choose if you'll like a room, a self contain, 2 bed room flat etc.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
The.school hostel has a long list of ridiculous Rules and regulations you have to follow which mainly consists of "don'ts". Off campus on the other hand, you don't necessarily have to listen to anyone. Nobody tells you what do.

PRIVACY
It's glaring that you simply don't have "Me-time" in the school hostel. You put.your pen on the bed, you meet it on the floor. Your belongings also goes missing from time to time. staying off campus affords you that privacy. Nobody disturbs you. If you like sleep naked on the bed.
PRICE
The amount charges by schools is simply ridiculous. You pay tens of thousands of Naira to stay in a room with eight other guys. Off campus accommodation is relatively cheaper.

VISITORS
In a typical school hostel, you friends can't visit you in your room. if i hear say bae visits you. In some schools e.g. unilorin, you might even be fined or get thrown out of the hostel.
Off campus accommodation affords you that. You friends, girlfriends, can visit you anytime, anyday.

Staying off campus is one of the best decision of my life. You live life to the fullest.
Feel free to air your views.

BBF student it seems
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Humblebloke(m): 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
dahdah:
CAMPUS OR OFF CAMPUS JUST PRAY TO GOD TO ENABLE YOU GET ONE, DURING MY NATIONAL DIPLOMA(ND) DAYS ****** DON'T JUST LEMME TALK

Polyibadan ryt?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by wman(m): 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
those kinda apply to private universities. OAU's hostels re better than the picture created by the Op.

For your PC,Android and PSP games,1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, check us out on https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-Campus by Stevosty: 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
If you didn't stay in hostel you actually missed:
1. Different talented fellow brought together, that way you share ideas.
2. The fees is little to nothing compare to offk where you will pay for everything.
3. The security in the hostel is high compare to offk, when those "men" starts you see them offk pals sleeping in class or begging to squat in the hostel.
4. You are forced to go to class to read when the room is empty.
5. Staying in the hostel is fun 247 with adequate security.
6. You never go hungry, cos somebody is cooking oversyllabus or does not know how to cook or he or she is just a father or mother christmas if you know what I meant.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Common English Phrases You're Probably Using Wrong / 6 Countries You Can Study At Top Universities At Affordable Fees. / Meet Boubini Jones-Wonni, Best Graduating Student At Miles College, Birmingham

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.