Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. (24371 Views)

INEC Declares Ohuabunwa Winner Of Abia-North Senatorial Rerun / Orji Uzor-Kalu Wins At Appeal As Court Sacks Mao Ohuabunwa / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by linusbnn(m): 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
hazyfm1:

You are just a waste of 9 months

So u had lunch in the grave yard

If your father is there,then it's better for ur family....Rotten slowpoke
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
agabaI23:

1. Our savings depleted by the governors whose forum came together to sue the federal government when NOI said the money should be saved. Their demand was backed by the constitution which said oil revenue should be shared. We are living in a democratic dispensation not military era. What would you have them do?

2. Borrowing started increasing after the 2010 strikes where labour demanded for wage increment. They had to borrow to meet the shortfall. read NOI's response to soludo and she had said that before.

3. Naira devalued, yes that was responding to market forces. The fall in oil price resulted in reduction forex earning so that exchange rate in the parallel market was far more than the government price. It was unrealistic leaving the naira to dollar rate at 152 when it was clear that value of the naira was about 182 to a dollar then in the black market.
It is the foreign exchange earning capacity a country that stabilizes the currency against other currencies. Our own major forex earner is the oil and oil price has gone low.

If not for the diversification of the economy that this government is doing, the cost of living would have been more exhorbitant. Check for instance there has been much difference in the price of food commodities. SAM explained this better.

Look at my explanation and lets talk.

NB, it could be better but he has achieved a lot within 4 years and 11 months

1. Point of correction. Govs threatened to sue, dts all. Y? Money was missing from federation accounts. Mind u, most of those governors were pdp governors o! Btw, dt was excess crude money. The real question should be what happened to our reserves?

2. Y borrow to pay salaries? Y not cut out a lot of extra fat in govt? Like how come 1bn is allocated to feeding in Aso rock? Y r there so many presidential jets? Catch my drift? He is a leader, so he must LEAD!

3. If they had saved, they could hv bn able to cushion the effect of dwindling oil prices in the short run. But no, almost all d money is gone without corresponding value gotten.

Soludo asked y we r having a budget of austerity immediately after an oil boom. Very pertinent... I echo him. y?
Pls cast sentiments aside and let rationality help us make sense of the country we live in
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 10:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

1. Point of correction. Govs threatened to sue, dts all. Y? Money was missing from federation accounts. Mind u, most of those governors were pdp governors o! Btw, dt was excess crude money. The real question should be what happened to our reserves?

2. Y borrow to pay salaries? Y not cut out a lot of extra fat in govt? Like how come 1bn is allocated to feeding in Aso rock? Y r there so many presidential jets? Catch my drift? He is a leader, so he must LEAD!

3. If they had saved, they could hv bn able to cushion the effect of dwindling oil prices in the short run. But no, almost all d money is gone without corresponding value gotten.

Soludo asked y we r having a budget of austerity immediately after an oil boom. Very pertinent... I echo him. y?
Pls cast sentiments aside and let rationality help us make sense of the country we live in
No they are in court.
Why can't you borrow when you have 53.7% wage increase?
remember that was in 2010 not today.

Any waste before then was with the cabals who held aso rock down for a long time. The dambazau who is now your security adviser

1 billion for a country's president is not out of place.

Have you seen Tinibu's retirement package? Can you compare?

Bola tinubu's pension:...

1) Two houses in choice locations in Lagos and Abuja
2) Six brand new vehicles replaceable every 3 yrs
3) Salary for life
4) 300percent of that salary as furniture allowance every two years
5) Full medicals for him and his family
6) Security detail
Have you complained?

An APC governor built 1 km of road for $1.2B, did you say anything?

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by hazyfm1: 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
linusbnn:

If your father is there,then it's better for ur family....Rotten slowpoke

HABA!

WHO WASTED THIS SPERM?

WHAT A WASTE OF 9 MONTHS & LABOUR
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by linusbnn(m): 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
hazyfm1:

HABA!

WHO WASTED THIS SPERM?

WHAT A WASTE OF 9 MONTHS & LABOUR

So sorry for your life because ur parents have failed me totally...Clueless family and yu judge others....You are a Lebanese grin
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by hazyfm1: 10:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
linusbnn:

So sorry for your life because ur parents have failed me totally...Clueless family and yu judge others....You are a Lebanese grin

AHH! WHAT A WASTE OF 9 MONTHS
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
agabaI23:
No they are in court.
Why can't you borrow when you have 53.7% wage increase?
remember that was in 2010 not today.

Any waste before then was with the cabals who held aso rock down for a long time. The dambazau who is now your security adviser

1 billion for a country's president is not out of place.

Have you seen Tinibu's retirement package? Can you compare?

Have you complained?

An APC governor built 1 km of road for $1.2B, did you say anything?
I will complain be it APC or PDP. Are we trying to outdo one another in corruption? Wht is bad is bad.
Btw, 1b for feeding is incredibly terrible.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by tomakint: 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte,
xcolanto, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming,
Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, babyosisi, blacktechnology,
datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, Longeria, jmaine, Phockphockman
The same Jonathan they (APC goons) love to hate shall be returned to power come Feb. 14th '15

3 Likes

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 11:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

I will complain be it APC or PDP. Are we trying to outdo one another in corruption? Wht is bad is bad.
Btw, 1b for feeding is incredibly terrible.
You will but you have not.

Complain now.
And N1.2B for a km of road is not not. Have I seen your complaining about that in any thread?

$2.8B stolen under Buhari when naira was 50k to $1, you behave like you did not see it.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204857893180543

Look at this!! The fraud is on going. Definitely if buhari wins, Osibanjo who is Tinubu's in law will resign unlike Bakare who refused to resign.

BUHARI: "Jonathan should release $20bn NNPC audit if he's not corrupt"—News
Jonathan: "General, here is the report. See if you can understand it without western education certificate"
Nigerians: "Mai Gaskiya, should we behead or burn those who previously claimed $49b/$20b was missing or send them back to school? Any news on $2.8b missing oil money of 1970s under your watch?"
Buhari: "Shege damburuba!!!! Bote por Shangeeee!!!!"
-JOK not mine

You guys are no longer singing 20B. What,s the next music?

25B PTF fund
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2015
agabaI23:
You will but you have not.

Complain now.
And N1.2B for a km of road is not not. Have I seen your complaining about that in any thread?

$2.8B stolen under Buhari when naira was 50k to $1, you behave like you did not see it.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204857893180543

Look at this!! The fraud is on going. Definitely if buhari wins, Osibanjo who is Tinubu's in law will resign unlike Bakare who refused to resign.

-JOK not mine

You guys are no longer singing 20B. What,s the next music?

25B PTF fund
U have put it quite succintly. Unfortunately, the fraud in this administration takes the cake. It is mismanagement extraordinaire.
I am unfotunately unaware of the frauds u posted (if they r true!). But then, pause and think, is dis sustainable? We have to address these issues immediately. I cannot vote for Jona, yet Buhari is not my choice either. The propaganda is largely hearsay and without verifiable basis. Dt is my issue with GEJites.
Stop d sentimentality and let us address issues as they r. I fear for this country
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

U have put it quite succintly. Unfortunately, the fraud in this administration takes the cake. It is mismanagement extraordinaire.
I am unfotunately unaware of the frauds u posted (if they r true!). But then, pause and think, is dis sustainable? We have to address these issues immediately. I cannot vote for Jona, yet Buhari is not my choice either. The propaganda is largely hearsay and without verifiable basis. Dt is my issue with GEJites.
Stop d sentimentality and let us address issues as they r. I fear for this country

I am not being sentimental sir. Go to this thread where I addressed everything with evidence. After you have finished, come back lets talk

https://www.nairaland.com/2128856/tsunami-lrnzh-responds-promised-agaba123/1#30423726

I would have pasted here for you but it may derail this thread.

I don't post hearsay bud. I am above that because the opponent will label me a liar and I hate that.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2015
I have changed my mind

LRNZH:
1. GEJ's Phantom Thesis and Age Falsification:
These have been covered by threads here on NL conclusively.
Phantom Thesis: Everyone reading this would admit that Nigerians have been asking to read GEJ's PhD thesis to understand how a 'Dr of Philosophy' is a gaffe king and portrays clueless antecedents without abating. Searches in public domain and in Uniport library have proved unsuccessful in unearthing this most wanted thesis in Nigeria -->
http://newsrescue.com/what-you-didnt-know-about-jonathans-phd-qualification-a-must-read-gejwhereisyourthesis/
[b]A thesis is not a classified document. If we cannot trace it even in GEJ's almer mater, then it does not exist.
OBJ admitted that it was known in PDP circle in 2007 that GEJ did not complete his PhD but was pardoned to be Yar'aduas running mate per their ’man-know-man' cutlure in PDP
I have read the article on news rescue. I don't want to say it is not a credible source however, I would like point out that it is funny that the journalist went to UNIPORT to search and only searched the departmental library. When I referred you to the UNIPORT for his thesis, I meant UNIPORT central Library. The rule in most universities in Nigeria is that one of your thesis is sent to Universities main library and that is where people go to search for Thesis. NewsRescue should go to university main library. If they can't find it in the university's main library, then they can say it is not available in the alma mater. The departmental libray is not as secured as the university library which I referred you to.

Now this is the Universities official response to the Issue of Thesis here. http://dailypost.ng/2015/01/25/uniport-reacts-jonathans-phd-controversy-says-baseless/

LRNZH:

Age Falsification-->
https://www.nairaland.com/2119129/new-facts-show-president-jonathans#30230685
[b]It was clearly shown that GEJ had to be born earlier than 1955 (1951? as documented by the World History Book) rather than the 1957 on his CV to explain GEJ starting Primary school in February 1961. Efforts by collynzo9 and other GEJites to debunk this reasoning have met their Waterloo here on NL.
Again, we ask: If GEJ was born in 1957 how was he able to start Pri. Sch. in the creeks of Otueke at 3+years old?
The age falsification story was based on this, “I remember the day I was chatting with a group of elders and they said after the war there was electricity everywhere, they travelled out and so on. I came to live in Port Harcourt in 1955. Even then, it was only Port Harcourt that had electricity, even the big cities, Bonny. But now, government must make sure even the smallest village and settlements have electricity light.”

He chatted with elders who travelled everywhere after the war and they said there was electricity everywhere. When he came to PH, it is was only in PH that they had electricity then. He vowed that electricity must get everywhere. The 1955 stuff is obviously out of context. It was actually a Freudian slip that has been taken as fact. 1955 was not after the war. 1955 was before independence.

LRNZH:
2. Missing $20Billion in NNPC and the PwC Audit Report.
NOI actually failed to produce this report to Nigerians twice by missing two deadlines provided by herself- Nov. 2014 and Jan. 2015. Thatbthebreport has been presented to GEJ does not change that fact. With less than 11 days to the presidential elections, it is obvious PDP, GEJ and NOI are dragging the issue until the elections are done with. That points to only one thing. There is something to hide and will be damaging to PDP of released before Febuhari 14.
This issue has lingered for over 1 year now and no haste is being applied to the matter even though NOI agreed that at least $10Billion cannot be accounted for. That amount is half of Nigeria's annual budget.
I had to open a thread to show the opportunity cost of this amount to Nigerians --> [/b]https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/photos-10-billion-us-dollars
You will be drawn close to tears after going through the thread.
I have a good news for you. PWC has submitted the forensic audit and it will be available this week so that you will sleep at night. I am surprised that you are not aware of that though wink https://www.nairaland.com/2126725/pwc-submits-forensic-audit-report
That's what you asked for.

LRNZH:

On the allegations of corruption against GMB in his PTF or Petroleum Federal Commisioner (Minister) days under OBJ.
N25B Allegation at PTF
“There was no noticeable fraud in PTF. There was an investigation under OBJ who confirmed that the report was brought to him and there was nothing on ground as far as GMB's management and chairmanship of the PTF were concerned. Knowing OBJ, EFCC would have made mince meat of GMB especially when GMB contested against OBJ in 2003. IBB can never cnteet elections in Nigeria because of the dirt that would be dug up by his opponents.
That is what is called damage control lol. An excerpt from this day publication has this to say

"According to the report, the sum of N25,758,532,448 was mismanaged by the Afri-Project Consortium (APC), a company contracted by the PTF as management and project consultant. Buhari as PTF chairman was said to have also "delegated to them the power of Engineer in all appropriate project requiring such power," which made them assume absolute powers to initiate, approve and execute all projects by the PTF."
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/how-obasanjo-s-report-indicted-buhari-in-1999/198511/

"The management structure of the Fund reflected how Buhari ran the affairs of the country as head of state, when he abdicated all responsibilities to Tunde Idiagbon. He was just satisfied with being the executive chairman, as he was with being called Head of State and C-in-C. And, without being accountable to anybody, at the PFT, Buhari exuded the impression he was an alternate head of state. The same way he kowtowed to Idiagbon was the same way he handed over PTF to a single consultant, Afri-Projects Consortium (APC), as the sole adviser to the Fund. This agency- Afri-Projects Consortium – was given the exclusive power to initiate projects, assess their probable cost, approve the costs, execute the projects, and assess the quality of execution, all alone by Buhari. Nobody questioned their actions and legality of the powers they exercised. After all, puritan Buhari was watching.

Since Buhari was not accountable to even Abacha who appointed him and the board set up to supervise the PTF was supplanted by APC at the behest of Buhari, it meant the PTF functioned like a parallel government. Figures from PTF Situation Reports (Vol. 2 Dec. 98) show that the PTF carried on as if there was no Southern Nigeria, as well over 70% of projects were shamelessly taken to the north by Buhari."

http://www.tribune.com.ng/quicklinkss/opinion/item/24957-buhari-s-ptf-days-the-untold-story/24957-buhari-s-ptf-days-the-untold-story

"According to the former president, he called off further inquisition into the PTF when Buhari assured him that there was no personal benefit accrued to him while his tenure at the agency lasted"-OBJ

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/obasanjo-clears-buhari-of-ptf/

There are references here. The books do not lie. OBJ inadvertently confirmed the mismanagement when he absolved him of any wrong doing on the grounds that he benefited nothing from the fraud.

Assuming there was really missing 20 B dollars, if Goodluck says he benefited nothing from it, will you accept that as vindication? I will not accept that even if it is my mother.

Buhari handed over the Project to his cronies an either looked away because they are his people. It could also be because he could not handle the huge numbers thrown at him because of his mathematical inadequacy and APC capitalised on that to defraud us or that he did that with them after all he sidelined the supervisory board that was constituted with him as the chairman.

LRNZH:

$2.8Billion Allegation at Petroleum Federal Commision
When the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation was created in 1976, Buhari was also appointed as its Chairman, a position he held until 1978. During his tenure as Commissioner, $2,8 billion allegedly went missing from the accounts of the NNPC in Midlands Bank in the United Kingdom. Former President Ibrahim Babangida allegedly accused Buhari of being responsible for his fraud.
However, according to the Modalities for Coordinating Nigeria's Anti-Corruption Strategies, Constructive Engagement Vol.1 No.1, (2009), in 1983, Shagari administration inaugurated the Crude Oil Sales Tribunal of Inquiry, headed by Justice Ayo Irikefe, to investigate allegations of N2.8 billion misappropriation from the NNPC account. The tribunal however found no truth in the allegations even though it noticed some lapses in the NNPC accounts. --> [/b][url]https://books.google.fr/books?id=0W8-vc7AlFAC&pg=PA41&lpg=PA41&dq=nnpc+buhari+2.8+billion&source=bl&ots=VQy2z-Csg6&sig=tFN2jtwTxuXHmVKJVnaXTy-RSFw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Y6e7VO2WLIj_UMijgvAL&ved=0CHwQ6AEwDw#v=onepage&q=nnpc%20buhari%202.8%20billion&f=false[/url]
[b]IBB being a seasoned kleptomaniac, has even made this an unworthy allegation for me.
And what are those lapses?

Look at the account:

"US$2.8 billion that disappeared from NNPC account and traced to the Midland Bank, London. Justice Ayo Irikefe panel was set-up and Saraki headed the Senate committee. The following were unequivocally discovered:

Firstly, a judicial panel was set up to trace the $2.8billion (Justice Ayo Irikefe panel).
Secondly, a senate committee was also set up to trace the $2.8billion (headed by the elder Saraki).
The findings of the senate committee were reported live on NTA by Vera Ifudu.
Buhari overthrew the govt to burn and shred the evidence.
Buhari got Vera Ifudu sacked.
Vera Ifudu and the NTA went to court.
Vera Ifudu won her case, got reinstated and was paid compensation"
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/20-reasons-nigerians-rejected-buhari-since-2003/

You cannot dismiss this fact. Remember that the 0.55k exchanged for a dollar during Shagari regime. Check the value of that amount that was stolen under your mai gaskya.

I am sure you searched for days before you got that favourable text ref. I didn't have to. The truth is not hidden.

LRNZH:

A simple thought experiment.....where are all these monies kept by GMB? It is on record that GMB has never kept a foreign bank account. This is a man who has only two houses- one in Kaduna and the other in Daura, 150 cows and his N2,3M per month pension. None of you has been able to point out where GMB kept the allegedly stolen money.
The ministry of Finance said he collects his $23 m every month. Do not lie. He could be using the money to sponsor group's activity who knows.

LRNZH:

3. GEJ's Non Performance- The 'I Will Do' President
GEJ's words: [/b]
[i]“What I want to tell you and the rest of the country is that the Director-General of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, when he was in Yenagoa and when he was in Port Harcourt, mentioned clearly that the President had done nothing for the two states".
"Don’t worry. It is good news because people have been saying that I concentrated development in the South-South. Bayelsa State was part of Rivers State. Then, if I don’t concentrate development in this state that means there has not been development in Rivers and Bayelsa States".
Luckily we have been challenged that we have not done anything, we must do something,”

[b]This, is admitting non performance. Like agaba123 stated, GEJ is trying to say he is non parochial. His last sentence indicates a change in tactics. Thisnimpkies he will become parochial if he is reelected. Chose one. GEJ did not perform or he will become parochial in his 3rd term. Either way, he doesn't deserve your vote.
You addressed my post for the first time.

He has been accused of concentrating development in the south-south according to the first highlighted. He said it is a good news. He went ahead to say that another person said he has done nothing and said he will do something. This means that if what he did is not visible, he will do more. This is logical enough for an unbiased mind. I am responding to what you wrote. There is no where he said I am sorry I did not do anything. He said he has been challenged......think brother, think

LRNZH:

4. Patience Jonathan asked Igbo's to vite for GEJ just because he is their Brother In-law. First Lady Patience Goodluck yesterday pleaded with the people of Anambra State to vote for her husband in next month’s presidential election because of his status as their in-law.[/color]
Mrs. Jonathan, who was on President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign team to the state, told PDP supporters at a rally in Onitsha that her spouse deserves their support if not for nothing else.

That is a pitch for nepotism as its best. This is one of my big grouse with GEJites. If any of GEJ/PDP failures and vices are put before them, they resort to trying to paint GMB or APC just as bad. That is admittance of the allegation in the first place. Two wrongs do not cut it my friends.

GMB was once quoted to have said "Muslims should vote Muslim" during one of his campaigns then in 2003. Though, in that statement he tried encouraging fair votes between muslim brothers and sisters, it actually came out wrong. More so, as a muslim, he exempted christians from performing duties on Sundays. When GMB was asked to exempt muslims on Friday, he replied saying the Bible says christians should rest on the 7th day, and asked muslims to show him where the Qur'an says muslims should rest on Fridays.

It should be noted that PDP is the one that campaigns with the religious card, claiming GMB is a religious fanatic while campaigning the southern Nigeria, and claiming GMB is not a devout Muslim for selecting a pastor running mate while campaigning in the north.

Somone said they should vote his inlaws and you called it nepotism and another said moslems should vote for fellow moslems who will protect their faith and you said it came out wrong? You are playing double standard. That's why I like theV0ice he will accept it is wrong. You are not being sincere and it is obvious.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 11:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
He said this in 2001:
I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria. God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country.”- M. Buhari (August 27, 2001)

As if the above was not enough to show his true colour he said this in 2003:
“Muslims should only vote those [b]who will promote Islam. We are more than the Christians if you add our Muslim brothers in the West.”- M. Buhari (2003)[/b]

And you said it came out wrong? Tell me what he meant to say here. You should condemn this
The magnitude of the above statements is no where near the asking people to vote for him because he is their in law and you know it.

LRNZH:

The GEJ Gov't keeps claiming achievements in power generation but under close scrutiny, they fall like a pack of cards. After 5-6 years in power, GEJ has woefully failed in power generation. Blaming gas pipelines vandalidation is so funny. Claiming that gas can be bunkered by GEJ and his ministers is a fallacy. What do you do with highly flammable bunkered gas?
This is what I said earlier: Osibanjo in his chat with Channels said that the tarrif at the moment is low and that makes it impossible to attract investors into the gas infrastructure sector. There is need to increase the tarrif so what's your point?

BTW, your agents continuously vandalise the gas infrastructure so that you will use electricity as a campaign song. Your candidate was the in charge when we had about 100 million people but he did nothing close to what GEJ has done. He has resurrected 30 year old mambilla hydro power power plant and zungeru power plants respectively. One has been tidied and awarded and the other will be awarded soon. Your principal did not know what it meant.(See attached) Rather he canceled lagos rail project because he did not want to borrow. Look at where Lagos is today because someone who could not think critical did not know that all business men borrow.

To confirm what I said above see "2. Bypassing:
Like the happenings in some states, some Distribution Companies have decided to stop giving constant power supply due to shortage of revenue. Customers bypassing Pre-paid meter. Hence, consume more than they pay for.

What is the essence of the Company paying much when profit is not maximized.....they are still looking into the matter.

Note: Distribution Company pays Transmission Company (TCN), and Transmission Company (TCN) pays Generation Company.'' -Ayobase
https://www.nairaland.com/2122882/reasons-might-not-having-light

Now you just said no one can bunker gas because it is useless. I agree with you. This is the reason why we said it is sabotage against the power project.

6. Over 200 Chibok Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram.
I won't dwell on GEJs tribal motivated inaction throughout the unfortunate saga. That anyone feels that they can defend GEJ on this one is so appalling. I leave you with this to ponder over.
[/quote]This was my response
This is like telling a woman who is looking for her kidnapped daughter that she is does not care. Very unfair!

LRNZH:

7. Chadian Forces Leading and Winning the Anti-Boko Haram Assault
It has been recorded that Nigeria Military has been claiming successes recorded by foreign troops against Boko Haram in border towns.
Nigeria’s military played down Chad’s role, saying Nigerian forces were leading the offensive against Boko Haram in the northeast.
Quoting a news article interviewing Lieutenant General Vincent Stewart, director of the US Defense Intelligence Agency:

Nigeria’s military played down Chad’s role, saying Nigerian forces were leading the offensive against Boko Haram in the northeast.
US officials have privately complained that Nigeria has been reluctant to take up Washington’s offers of assistance but Stewart said the outcome of upcoming elections on February 14 would possibly clear the way for more cooperation.
The polls “will give us a better sense of who we have to work with and what we can do to help,” he added.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/02/03/us-spy-chief-unimpressed-by-nigerias-boko-haram-campaign/
[b]GEJites will claim that America's Spy Chief is also on APC payroll?

In fact, all the 'Nigeria Forces successes started in Jan. 2015, when Chad invaded Nigeria and GEJ realised his chances in the forthcoming elctions were no longer assured. The electioneering gimmick is too obvious to see. This is coming after 5 years of BokonHaram claiming territory, kidnappings, mailings and killings of civilians and military personnel. This is very insensitive on the part of the GEJ Gov't.

If you believe DHQ on giving Chad permission, just remember that the same DHQ also claimed to have rescued the Chibok girls.

1. The chadian are part of a multinational force that are fighting Bokoharam. Chadians are sending 2500 soldiers for the mission
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/03/us-nigeria-violence-chad-idUSKBN0L71F820150203 And you will also tell me that the QHQ did not give know about it. They invaded Nigeria with 2500 troops. Come on! You know better.

That Chad is doing well where Nigerian soldiers have failed is because the Bokoharam sympathizers in Nigerian army are not in their midst. More army officers have been killed in ambush rather than in battle. How do they know about the movement of the soldiers?

A certain feroucious captain from Kondunga or so who had been a menace to the boko was allegedly shot at the back of his head by his colleague.It was posted on Nairaland here.

Another case of a captain who ambushed by Bokoharam is very pathetic. It was quoted that the weakness of the Nigerian built APC they were coming back with was the tyre and the Boko guys targeted that.

Go through this thread and know how many that died through Ambush https://www.nairaland.com/2122636/tribute-officers-soldiers-fought-against.

US stopped buying Nigerian oil totally from July last year knowing we need money to prosecute the war but increased the amount the buy from Saudi and Kuwaite why is that? That happened few months after parley with 19 Northern governors who visited white house.

At the same time they blocked every avenue possible for buying weapon to prosecute the war. From Israel to Saudi Arabia. I am sure you know the details.

All these are unconnected with the refusal of Nigeria to accede to their demand for Africom. And GEJ called them bluff and stopped officer training with them. If Buhari has done this, you would have called him the hero. US is not happy with that kind of indepedence so they can say anything to malign the GEJ administration. All of a sudden, US is dinning with a dictator. A free country bla bla
"Middle East producers such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait have suffered far less as they pump crude oil of a lower quality that US refiners continue to buy. Saudi crude oil exports year-to-date to the US have increased over the 2013 level. Kuwait has also sold more crude to the US so far this year than in 2013."
http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2014/10/02/victim-of-shale-revolution-nigeria-stops-exporting-oil-to-us/

LRNZH:

8. 2012 Subsidy riots aka #OccupyNigeria and Lack of Refining Capacity
First agaba123 claim that GMB built no refinery.....
See my response to rozayx5 on a thread he was being a nuisance in

Meanwhile read this excerpt from a news article in Dec. 2012:
Again in January 2012, at the height of the fuel subsidy protests, the Federal Government said it would build three refineries.
The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, who spoke to douse the tension associated with the protests, had said, “I want Nigerians to know that when these new refineries are completed, we will be a net exporter of petroleum products and prices will begin to come down, just as we are witnessing in the telecommunications sector with the GSM regime.
“That is my message to Nigerians. Let us support the government. Let us join hands with the government because it cannot and will not take any decision with the aim of punishing fellow Nigerians. It is impossible. So, Nigerians should have this at the back of their minds.
“The one in Lagos is with the capacity of 200,000 barrels per day, while the ones in Kogi and Bayelsa have the capacity to produce 100,000 barrels per day.”
Investigations at the NNPC showed that 11 months after the government promised to build the three refineries, not much has been done to that effect.

[url]http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-drops-planned-refinery-projects-%E2%80%A2jonathan-must-tackle-fuel-subsidy-corruption-labour/[/url]

[b]The The Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company and Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company, with combined capacity of 235,000 barrels per day, produced nothing in September 2014, the Nigerian National Petroleum Resources has said which is typical of those refineries these days.

This was my response earlier
The original builders were invited to do turn around maintenance and they declined and referred Nigeria to another company who refused to guarantee that the refineries will work full capacity and for a how long.

The federal government decided to rely on home trained engineers who have started working the refineries (Channels interview)

I hope you know Buhari in March 1984 signed a pact with Petrobras that saw the exportation of crude for external refining and subsequent importation. And for you info, he built no refinery.

You failed to tell us about the number of roads that has been completed with 41% of the subsidy money accruing to the federal government.
When GEJ came, only 5000 km out of 35 000 km federal was motorable. Today, additional 25 000 has been built. You feel it and you know it is true. You have railways working again. Some of the roads that has not been completed like the Enugu-PH has been covered by a rail line that collects only N650 from Enugu for a 3 hours journey with enough leg rooms. GMB did none of those a period of 20 months in a miltary government that answereth to none. His words were laws. He had no house, senate or even journalists to deal with. What did he achieve? His 20 months is equivalent to more than 48 months of democratic government. tell me what he achieved? Doyin Okupe has a million for you if you can name 10. Remember, the naira was superior to the dollar then.

I gave you the information on turn around maintaenance. So what do you have to say?

And I said, it is not for government to build refineries. It is the job of the individuals, Dangote for instance.

LRNZH:

Oh... On Dangote's proposed refinery which was promised to startuo in 2016, that GEJites rely upon, has been moved to mid 2018. [/b]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-11-17/dangote-says-nigeria-lagos-refinery-to-start-by-mid-2018
The implication of this is that if GEJ wins elections in 2015, he will not fix Gov't owned refineries, and Dangote's refinery won't startup until 3.5 years into GEJ's 3rd term. That means no subsidy removal, cabal continues and Naira will probably exchange at N500 to a dollar. No good luck to Nigerians if GEJ wins.
It was 2017. The dynamics of economics are not static. Project management professionals can make mistakes in their projections. 1 year extension is still acceptable.
The devaluation of naira is based on market forces not due to artificial basket or currenies or NEEM used in Buhari years.
Oil is our major forex earner and the price has nose dived. Trust me if not the strides made by this government in Agriculture and other areas, the story would be worst.

Look at what I told you before
Naira is depreciating because our economy is oil based and we have no control on oil price. GEJ has done much to diversify and we all know about it. The agric sector comes to mind. The automobile policy etc.

I hope you know the that 70000 graduates were without job when the naira was superior to the dollar, when our population was about 100 million. Buhari had no idea what to do with a strong naira.
His physical fiscal policy resulted to 17 % depreciation of the naira. For your information, exchange rate was 76k to $1 when he took over and it
crashed to 89k to $1 when he was overthrown. His do before you think attitude led him to put tight control on the availability of forex resulting in huge volumes of naira chasing after the unavailable dollar. Economics in the central bank would make the dollar available to stabilize the naira. Buhari has not got it.

LRNZH:

10. The 2nd Niger Bridge Scam[/b]
According to the terms of this fraudulent business, the project is a Design, Finance, Build, Operate and Transfer (DFBOT) model to cost N117 Billion naira with the Federal Government contributing a paltry N30 billion naira while the consortium will raise the rest of the funds and thereafter hold the Igbo people to ransom by collecting a 25 year toll tax for raising the rest of the funds offshore.
Experts have told me that the bridge is not supposed to cost anything above N50 billion , going by Nigerian standard of cost inflation, including the 11 km access roads. However, this contract cost was doubled overnight to N117 billion naira to justify the financial heist on Ndigbo. The fraudulent construction will cost N117 billion for a 1.5 km bridge while the 1.3 km Lekki-Ikoyi suspension Bridge cost only N29 billion naira. Thus the thieves jerked the cost of constructing the 2nd Niger bridge to 4 times the actual cost just to justify the rape on the over grateful Igbo nation.

[url]http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/19/fraudulent-construction-2nd-niger-bridge-%E2%80%93-another-419-igbo-nation-obinna-akukwe[/url]

Who are the experts? Wat is their track record? Did they visit the site or they stayed at home to throw figures around the APC are known to do. They should make their costing available for comparison.

BTW
Fashiola built a kilometer of road at the cost of N2b and you said nothing and he tolled it. When you tried to talk he used force on you. Why is it a crime now to toll a bridge? Because GEJ is involved. Tell me how the cost is inflated anyway

To add to this

Buhari left his personal friend – Awwal Ibrahim – the then highly corrupt governor of Niger State who was arrested at Heathrow airport with £14 million. Awwal was never jailed. He was placed under house arrest in his mansion like Shagari for just two weeks and indeed released".

"Recall what BBC said about Buhari’s economic policy: “Buhari’s attempts to re-balance public finances by curbing imports led to many job losses and the closure of businesses. These losses were accompanied by a rise in prices and a decline in living standards."

In 1997, Nigeria was adjudged by TI as the most corrupt country in the world
In 1998, Nigeria was 3rd most corrupt.
Buhari was part of that government. He never resigned rather in 2008, he said Abacha was not corrupt. Do you believe that?

Why do we have to vote for him? Tell me where he is better? He is clueless, he cannot manage anything.

The reason he is avoiding debate is because the US guy called to coach him gave up after three days. We know about that.

You wanna debate?

You were boasting about a toothless Tsunami....

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by kunlenkirol(m): 7:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, you are the biased one here. And there are so many tautologies in your post. You need to learn the difference between economic growth and economic development as well...Now, between Soludo who is a classroom economics teacher without any company for practicals and Sam Ohuabunwa, big time manufacturer, economist and real player in the pharmaceutical industry sector; who is not in touch with reality? Is it soludo or Sam Who has real life experience between them? who will you believe his experience more?....open your mind bro...
bro, why didn't you enumerate the tautologies that you claimed were inherent in my post? And also enlighten me the difference between economic growth and economic development. On Sam, he might be a big time manufacturer, he might be a vast pharmacologist but that does not make him right. His company is just a fragment of a whole, you can't either compare him with Soludo who has formulated a workable theory that all and sundry are benefiting. He made a submission, I expect those involve to clear the air.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2015
kunlenkirol:
bro, why didn't you enumerate the tautologies that you claimed were inherent in my post? And also enlighten me the difference between economic growth and economic development. On Sam, he might be a big time manufacturer, he might be a vast pharmacologist but that does not make him right. His company is just a fragment of a whole, you can't either compare him with Soludo who has formulated a workable theory that all and sundry are benefiting. He made a submission, I expect those involve to clear the air.

Read your former post and also, read my reply to you...by then,maybe you will come to understand the mistakes and tautologies in your post...thanks
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by dblock(m): 10:07am On Feb 07, 2015
The Americans want a Regime Change because of our increasing trade with the Chinese!

Capital Expenditure in Nigeria today is actually VERY high! Capital Infrastructural projects are astronomically high, yet the US Government are busy telling the whole world that the GEJ government have built no Infrastructure why is this? Well let me tell you, a very sizeable part of those infrastructure projects includes various private and public Chinese Contrators! According to the Retarded lenses of the deluded Uncle Sam, if the Chinese build it - it is not infrastructure!

Now those morons are trying to ignite regime Change at all costs, so they can impose some stooge that will take orders from them! China meanwhile has agreed to buy Nigerian Crude. I think if GEJ is wise, he will go to the table with the Chinese and ask them for even more. The Chinese are giving us whatever we ask from them! Drones, Naval Frigates, Manufacturing Trade, Construction Trade, Technical Support, Real Estate Investment and much more. We have a very STRONG and growing understanding with the Chinese, one much more stronger than perhaps any pact I have known Nigeria to ever have.

It may be naive or simply wishful thinking to think that Russia or any other Super/Great Power may back us against the United States, however I am actually confident that China should back us. I see absolutely no reason why not.

The Chinese have been known to do such before anyway! There is precedence! A lot of people may not be aware but the Chinese do not give a s.h.it about the Koreans! Yet they are allied with the North Koreans in a manner of speaking! Why? They do so to uphold their territorial integrity, in the midst of growing American influence in those waters!

China has an immense presence in Africa and Nigeria is at the apex of that involvement! Seeing as how Western Powers are hell bent on destabilizing the African continent and creating a mess of things, China's investments are directly under threat! As a matter of fact, I should even tell you that China has investments or engagements in the North East of Nigeria!

In much the same way that China backs North Korea, China should back Nigeria. It should even be much easier considering that Nigeria is not exactly a Pariah State! They do not even openly have to back us...but they should be supplying us with discounts and off the shelf goods! Back room deals should be at the highest level.

China needs to do everything that they can do to stop the Regime Change being pushed by Washington! GEJ has given the Chinese everything that they could possibly want and it is time that the Chinese protect their new found ally!

Buhari is simply been pushed by Western Infiltrators such as the CIA, Nigerians that support him should throw their green passports in the dustbin!

APC is nothing but a party of mercenaries where members cross over from incompatible political parties with dissimilar ideologies for the sole purpose of causing confusion; furthering the malicious intent of the Western World, under the auspices of Northern Political motives!
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2015
tomiobj:
Hee dinnt achieve anything. I can achieve ^56 of wat he he did in 6 years in 1 yr

Submissions of a lazy dreamer...he has gotten to the presidency of a great country like Nigeria. Remind me, any achievement of yours? Can even your kindred consider you fit for its headship?
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by kunlenkirol(m): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Read your former post and also, read my reply to you...by then,maybe you will come to understand the mistakes and tautologies in your post...thanks
friend, it will be greatly appreciated if you point out the tautologies and I will make corrections if I also se it. Except if it is not tautology. Maybe it is another thing you want to call it. I am not proving to know all neither am I saying I am infallible but by my training, if there is any constructive criticism, I will gladly take it and I believe by that, I will become a better person. You talked about me not knowing much difference between economic growth and economic development, I have started reading about the difference which I will take u up on later. I will appreciate your input on this matter.
If u had said my post has typographical error, I will welcome that. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
agabaI23:

I am not being sentimental sir. Go to this thread where I addressed everything with evidence. After you have finished, come back lets talk

https://www.nairaland.com/2128856/tsunami-lrnzh-responds-promised-agaba123/1#30423726

I don't post hearsay bud. I am above that because the opponent will label me a liar and I hate that.

Thanks so much for your replies to him and the subsequent discuss...I couldn't have done it any better...you've my respect!!!
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2015
agabaI23:

R u trying to defend GEJ? Pls dont! It will be most unfair to u.
To defend this administration is to dumb down on so many levels
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
kunlenkirol:
friend, it will be greatly appreciated if you point out the tautologies and I will make corrections if I also se it. Except if it is not tautology. Maybe it is another thing you want to call it. I am not proving to know all neither am I saying I am infallible but by my training, if there is any constructive criticism, I will gladly take it and I believe by that, I will become a better person. You talked about me not knowing much difference between economic growth and economic development, I have started reading about the difference which I will take u up on later. I will appreciate your input on this matter.
If u had said my post has typographical error, I will welcome that. Thanks and God bless you.

"I have a question for you, what can a common man term
development, economic growth and qualitative and quantitative development"...

You wrote the above...

1) Now, economic development which is what I believe you mean by "development" is synonymous to qualitative living.

2)Economic growth is synonymous to quantitative growth.

Now, compare these to what you lumped up above and see how much meaning that question has with its contrasting reasons?
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Thanks so much for your replies to him and the subsequent discuss...I couldn't have done it any better...you've my respect!!!
lol you were pulling my legs after all.

Anyway that's cool!
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

R u trying to defend GEJ? Pls dont! It will be most unfair to u.
To defend this administration is to dumb down on so many levels

To defend Buhari's inadequacies and negative records as difficult as looking for a premiership green footbal pitch in sahara desert.

It is easier for me to defend GEJ than to defend that one

I hope you read my defence wink

Like I said there, PWC audit is out to show that most of your talking handles are falsehood.
This administration is maligned because North wants power back and you can see it in the revelation of Jega's dealings with NEF.

And look at this juicy deception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9h6LFtobWU
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
agabaI23:
lol you were pulling my legs after all.

Anyway that's cool!

Am already following you, to show you how much I value men who believe in using their brain more than their heart...
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
agabaI23:

To defend Buhari's inadequacies and negative records as difficult as looking for a premiership green footbal pitch in sahara desert.

It is easier for me to defend GEJ than to defend that one

I hope you read my defence wink

Like I said there, PWC audit is out to show that most of your talking handles are falsehood.
This administration is maligned because North wants power back and you can see it in the revelation of Jega's dealings with NEF.

And look at this juicy deception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9h6LFtobWU
And once again, pls understand this. That one does not support Gej doesnt mean dt the person is supporting Gmb. I discern dt u r having difficulty understanding that.
Ur submission and plenty others against Gej should show u dt these two candidates do not show d best Nigeria can boast of.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

And once again, pls understand this. That one does not support Gej doesnt mean dt the person is supporting Gmb. I discern dt u r having difficulty understanding that.
Ur submission and plenty others against Gej should show u dt these two candidates do not show d best Nigeria can boast of.
Agreed not the best options but we have to choose from between them.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
agabaI23:
Agreed not the best options but we have to choose from between them.
Yes, we must and at the same time try to demand accountability from whoever we support. This is what we owe this country and our children
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by kunlenkirol(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

"I have a question for you, what can a common man term
development, economic growth and qualitative and quantitative development"...

You wrote the above...

1) Now, economic development which is what I believe you mean by "development" is synonymous to qualitative living.

2)Economic growth is synonymous to quantitative growth.

Now, compare these to what you lumped up above and see how much meaning that question has with its contrasting reasons?

thanks. You have just exhibited a scholarstic demenor which I will implore other nairalanders to take cue from rather than abusing one another. Economic growth is the growth of industrial sectors, economic sector and other sectors that generate revenue inter alia. Each of these sectors is measured separately to know whether it is bouyant or not. For instance, we can say the Federal government is pumping money into agricultural sector different from textile sector. In other words, each sector develop on its own. While Economic development is the growth of the whole sector. That is what they use to measure a country's GDP in knowing if a country is bouyant or not. This is usually wholistic in calculating. While development. Is encompassing. It can be economical, political or social. It can also be used in other areas. Thanks
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by tomiobj(m): 5:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Submissions of a lazy dreamer...he has gotten to the presidency of a great country like Nigeria. Remind me, any achievement of yours? Can even your kindred consider you fit for its headship?
. Enof story foor the gods. @ least m nt a bloody thief like him and I'm nt confused. He wants to postpone d elections. Why?
And I asked a simple question? What has he achieved in his ruling years
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2015
tomiobj:
. Enof story foor the gods. @ least m nt a bloody thief like him and I'm nt confused. He wants to postpone d elections. Why?
And I asked a simple question? What has he achieved in his ruling years

lolz...sorry bro...you need all the pity possible
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Yes, we must and at the same time try to demand accountability from whoever we support. This is what we owe this country and our children
Not contesting that sir.

I'm just against people who live in glass house throwing stones.

If we must seek change it has to be something better than what we have and change for the sake of it.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Am already following you, to show you how much I value men who believe in using their brain more than their heart...
Aww! Thanks
Dancing shoki grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 / Picture Of Bukola Saraki And Godwin Emefiele / How My Quarrel With Kwankwaso Started, Why He Won't Be President - Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.