Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

PDP Received Defectors As GEJ Campaign In Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Received Defectors As GEJ Campaign In Edo State (698 Views)

PDP In Secret Talks With Ex-govs, Defectors To APC : Nation / I Won't Appoint PDP Defectors As Ministers - Buhari / My Horrible Experience During GEJ Campaign In Abia State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PDP Received Defectors As GEJ Campaign In Edo State by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
Major administrative officers under Comrade Oshiomole administration, from the All Progressives Congress, APC, were on Wednesday received by the ruling, People’s Democratic Party, PDP, during President Jonathan’s Campaign tour to Edo State, where he sought for reelection. Some of the defectors had on Friday indicated that they were no longer under the dictatorial administration of Oshiomole, while some formally defected today, (Wednesday).

Some of those received by the PDP leaders during Jonathan's campaign were; the Edo State Commissioner for Lands and Survey, Mr. Donald Osikhena-Boih, Edo State former commissioner for Investment and Public Private partnership, Dennis Idahosa, Executive Director in Oshiomole government,  Hon. Odior Idahosa , Edo State Executive Director, Water Way, among others. Odior Idahosa, the Executive Director to Edo State Government formally resigned his appointment with the Edo State Governor on Wednesday during Jonathan's campaign.
He said he has worked with Comrade Oshiomole and he has discovered he is an ungrateful human being. “I don’t want to support any ungrateful human being. For that, I have said from today, I will live to support our President Goodluck, Ebele Jonathan.” He stressed. Similarly, Mr Dennis Idahosa, who defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Friday, 30th January, 2015, said he left the APC because of incessant abuse of President Goodluck Jonathan and Edo elders by Gov. Adams Oshiomhole. Idahosa joined the PDP along with some leaders of the APC in Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo State. He said, “The reason I am joining PDP is that I don’t agree with the way Oshiomhole abuses our elders and President Jonathan. I stand to support President Jonathan for the presidency. I resigned my appointment on Friday because I do not want to lose this opportunity to support Goodluck Jonathan's reelection, and I expect every youth to support his candidature.” According to him, more serving commissioners in Oshiomole so cabinet have expressed willingness to join the PDP. He noted that the PDP would harness the failures of Oshiomhole’s administration to the benefit of the party. Idahosa appealed for tolerance among PDP supporters in the state, urging them to take the messages of political tolerance to every parts of the state. According to Donald Osikhena-Boih, “Nuhu Ribadu was the Presidential candidate for APC, today, he is the gubernatorial candidate for PDP in Adamawa State. Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau
was the Presidential Candidate efor ANPP, today, he is the Minister of Information under PDP. It is clear that that is no other place than PDP.

President Jonathan, while canvassing votes for his reelection, said the People’s Democratic Party remains the only party that can cater for the need of Nigerians. He stressed that his administration has been one that develops every of human activity, be it education, farming, apprentice, and all other human engagements. He said, “2011, we were here and you voted for us and we have not disappointed you. This time we are here again to tell you what we want to do again in the next four years. “We want to take care of the young people in Edo State, who want to develop youths. We will encourage them to do whatever they want to do.
“The people, who said they want change, ask them, how many schools they built for us.”
“We are not in to build prisons, we will build more schools,”  Jonathan emphasized.

He therefore urged the people of Edo State, the youths, and the women not to allow anyone to deceive them. He enjoined them to come out en-masse to vote for PDP to continue the transformation work. Present at the event were; the National Chairman of the Party, Adamu Mu’azu, Director General, PDP campaign committee, Ahmadu Ali, Dame Patience Jonathan, among others.

www.nigeriapoliticsonline.com/pdp-receives-defectors-from-apc-as-jonathan-campaigns-in-edo/
Re: PDP Received Defectors As GEJ Campaign In Edo State by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
Thousands of crowd welcomes PDP in Edo State

(1) (Reply)

VIOLENCE - OMAR BANGURA From Sierra Leone Has This To Tell Nigerians; / Emir Of Kano Lamido Sanusi To Be Coronated Today / Don’t Delay Nigeria’s Elections, US Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.