Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? (1693 Views)

Hausas Asking Igbos To Leave: See What Some Northern Youths Are Saying Online / Where Is President Buhari? – Fayose / Nigeria Youths Are Not Prepared For Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
There's been much talk (mostly in jest of course) about the preponderance of witchcraft in Edo state (which as an Edo guy,i know to be mostly false, or at best, gross exaggerations) and how witches fly in broad daylight in Benin.

Our President has apparently heard such stories, and seemingly got caught up in the 'flying fervour' during his campaign rally in Benin City today, where he talked about his Government's plans to encourage sporting activities, including Flying, among youths. grin

In his own words: "If you want to play football, you'll play football. If you want to run, you will run; if you want to Fly, you will fly"...abeg, when did flying become a sport? grin

Or what kind of 'Flying' was Mr President talking about?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by F22RAPTOR(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
yawn.....next pls.
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by delishpot: 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
No worry, before dem born GEJ Edo people don dey fly coven.
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by citizenY(m): 8:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
TheRainmaker1:
There's been much talk (mostly in jest of course) about the preponderance of witchcraft in Edo state (which as an Edo guy,i know to be mostly false, or at best, gross exaggerations) and how witches fly in broad daylight in Benin.

Our President has apparently heard such stories, and seemingly got caught up in the 'flying fervour' during his campaign rally in Benin City today, where he talked about his Government's plans to encourage sporting activities, including Flying, among youths. grin

In his own words: "If you want to play football, you'll play football. If you want to run, you will run; if you want to Fly, you will fly"...abeg, when did flying become a sport? grin

Or what kind of 'Flying' was Mr President talking about?

Look closely at the pictures ... his eyes and face were puffy... too many night flights.... like the one that crash landed sometime ago in Lagos.
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 05, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
yawn.....next pls.

Wake up my friend!!!

You're sleeping in one of GEJ'S Locomotive trains grin grin
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 05, 2015
citizenY:

Look closely at the pictures ... his eyes and face were puffy... too many night flights.... like the one that crash landed sometime ago in Lagos.

Haha

Whose pictures? Mine or Jonathan's
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 05, 2015
delishpot:
No worry, before dem born GEJ Edo people don dey fly coven.

I'm Edo, but I don't remember ever flying anywhere...except First Class, on Aircrafts grin wink
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by citizenY(m): 7:02am On Feb 05, 2015
TheRainmaker1:

Haha

Whose pictures? Mine or Jonathan's

GEJ in Benin.
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 05, 2015
citizenY:

GEJ in Benin.

Lmao grin

Na my président you dey call witch so abi? shocked shocked
I'll tell PEJ!
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by citizenY(m): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2015
TheRainmaker1:

Lmao grin

Na my président you dey call witch so abi? shocked shocked
I'll tell PEJ!

Na him talk am now...
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 05, 2015
When i heard him say that, i was like WTF!, like seriously, i just couldn't hold my self from laughing.... He even said it in pigin grin
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 05, 2015
emror4u:
When i heard him say that, i was like WTF!, like seriously, i just couldn't hold my self from laughing.... He even said it in pigin grin

I was surprised when he started talking in pidgin, like Edo people don't understand proper English.

I wonder if he spoke Yoruba when he went to Ibadan...cos a lot of people there don't even understand pidgin grin
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by delishpot: 11:23am On Feb 05, 2015
TheRainmaker1:

I'm Edo, but I don't remember ever flying anywhere...except First Class, on Aircrafts grin wink

Ha ha, you na jew man grin Make you ask the innitiates, they will tell you; Edo people fly ! plus they may even ask if you want to fly with them. grin
You think say na clear eye R kelly take sing 'I Believe I can Fly' That guy don chop winch When edo person visit am for jand grin
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
delishpot:

Ha ha, you na jew man grin Make you ask the innitiates, they will tell you; Edo people fly ! plus they may even ask if you want to fly with them. grin
You think say na clear eye R kelly take sing 'I Believe I can Fly' That guy don chop winch When edo person visit am for jand grin

Lwkm

I don't know whether to feel insulted or complimented by your calling me a 'jew' cheesy
Re: Is President Jonathan implying that Edo Youths are Witches??? by delishpot: 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
TheRainmaker1:

Lwkm

I don't know whether to feel insulted or complimented by your calling me a 'jew' cheesy

Be happy, if you want to belong, then chop winch and flY. Then you wont be a jew man. Even me na jew man sef for flying mater.

(1) (Reply)

Biafran Embassy Officially Opens In Spain (see Photos) / The Only Country In The World With 7 Living Ex-presidents?? / The Past And Current Political King Makers In Yoruba Land (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.