Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,233 members, 7,836,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP (594 Views)

I Can’t Be PDP Chairman At All Cost, I’m Ready To Vacate Office – Sheriff / Who Will Be Pdp’s Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019? / APC'S Pains Will Be Pdp's Gain After Elections. -tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP by Babalegba(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
As per the question. Having lived most of my life abroad, I came back home to the horror of misgovernance by the PDP, incessant strikes, power outages, endemic corruption, a brutalized society and all the paraphernalia of a regressing society. I then came to the conclusion that if the population know their oppressors but still follow them then they are the worst kind of fools. I also came to the conclusion that anybody that loves Nigeria will not consort with those harming the country. I would like honest opinions please even dissenting ones.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP by clubone0502: 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
Trick question. .. grin
Re: Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
I've been asking myself the same question. It is not possible. The only way you can be intelligent and support PDP is if you're dehumanized.
Re: Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP by Alphaoscar: 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Impossible Bro. PDP is a party for the crooks, criminals, thieves and the party represent all the bad things you can ever think of.

Re: Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Babalegba:
As per the question. Having lived most of my life abroad, I came back home to the horror of misgovernance by the PDP, incessant strikes, power outages, endemic corruption, a brutalized society and all the paraphernalia of a regressing society. I then came to the conclusion that if the population know their oppressors but still follow them then they are the worst kind of fools. I also came to the conclusion that anybody that loves Nigeria will not consort with those harming the country. I would like honest opinions please even dissenting ones.

Bruv.. when you have lived in Nigeria as long as i have, then you will begin to understand that Governance has nothing to do with Political Parties - It has a lot to do with the our will to make the right Sacrifices for our Freedom.

The more evident root of the matter is Corruption.. but a lot of Nigerians cannot describe it methodically or how it thrives like it is normal. The thing is the corruption we see today is only a tip of the ice-berg.

Let us imagine corruption like an OAK Tree. The OAK Tree is a very powerful symbol for Strength, Durability, Resilience, Power. It thrives in harsh conditions and flourishes in better ones. It has deep roots and is direly difficult to uproot or kill with fungicide. it has to be cut-down and the stub poisoned so that it cannot grow again. Its roots remain.

Corruption is like an OAK tree planted in the favorable soil of Nigeria. It is exceedingly tall reaching the very top of the nation's governing structures.

It has many strong branches carrying thousands of rich leaves - reaching every nook and cranny of the governing institutions and agencies that run various government activities with various classes of citizens from the wealthy to the disparately poor.

It has a strong-hard body supporting and sustaining all the various activities underneath the branches.. the big-wigs, the old politicians, the extremist clerics and the ignobly unfortunate masses.

it has deep roots known and unknown.. shadowy foreign and national self-interest bent on ensuring that Nigeria never fulfills its vision for greatness and like adults who remember the good ol days of childhood,our children will grow old and remember these atrocious times as heavenly.

To rid corruption off our blood-vessels.. we need to CUT IT DOWN not placate it, not rationalize it and not accept it as the norm. In the end FELA in his eccentricity and melancholic madness was right after all. we are fools suffering and smiling.. like one Yeye Ball wey one yeye breeze dey blow for one yeye corner..
Re: Is It Possible To Be Intelligent, Love Nigeria And Be PDP by DaBullIT(m): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
My opinion , Its not possible , PDP lost it's way . so lost that Nigerians noticed , that's why everybody is screaming change

(1) (Reply)

10 Parties Insist On February 14 Elections / Dangerous Statement By Vp Namadina Sambo / From Febuhari To General Mohamarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.