Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,132 members, 7,849,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan (1326 Views)

CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / The Real Meaning Of "Sai Buhari", This Might Just Shock You / PDP Rally In Katsina: Supporters Chanting "Sai Buhari" Instead Of "Sai Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by Sirfizz: 9:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
These are definitely not the best of times for the All Progressive Congress (APC) and its Presidential Flag bearer, General Muhammadu Buhari

After a tumultuous week – which began with filing a lawsuit against several Local News Outlets for airing a libelous Documentary about his past stint as Head of State, and culminated in nationwide outcry over his refusal to debate on another platform yet again – it seems General Buhari will now have to contend with problems from outside Nigeria’s shores.

This is because, according to information reaching our desk this morning, Korean Megastar Musician, PSY, famous for his hit song GANGNAM STYLE (which was the first song to reach 1 billion views on YouTube), has allegedly dragged the APC Presidential Flag Bearer and his campaign team to the Hague for apparent Copyright infringement.

In the suite filed at the International Court of Justice at about 1330hrs GMT yesterday, Korean Megastar PSY alleged that the APC’s usage of the Campaign Slogan #SaiBuhari was illegal, as he alone owned the copyrights to the word PSY and any homonyms of the word, no matter the spelling, including PSAI, S-HIGH, and most notably, SAI.

We were able to reach the Asian Superstar on the phone for comments, and this is what he had to say

“After Gangnam Style brew up, I tell rawyer, rawyer, this song is so popurar, and my name now so popurar, what we do? Rawyer say, we trademark name, we copyright name and all name that sound like name. So I go Patent Office in Seoul and copyright own name of PSY and also all word that sound like PSY, like PSAI and SAI too. I have pape to prove this. The Patent number is 766K-12. So I so shock when I put on terevision and I see Old man wear toga and cap, carry broom and make crowd shout my name SAI BUHARI! SAI BUHARI! SAI BUHARI! I no believe own ear of Psy”

“I like, who this man? Why he use PSY name no take permission! This disprease Psy! I call rawyer and he say we go to court. I like, which court we go? He say we no go rocal Korea court, we go International Court. Now we court. ICJ say Mr Buhari must come court or erse he go prison for rong rong time. This what PSY do”.

We have tried to reach the APC for comments, but so far ou efforts hasve been fruitless. In the meantime, General Buhari, APC Chairman Chief John Oyegun, and all the APC Big Wigs on twitter have been issued Writ of Summons to appear before the ICJ on or before the 11th of February, or risk Grave sanctions.

More on this in Subsequent Bulletins.

#ShareAjoke #SatireSeason
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by simplemach(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hmmmm, let me read first...
I'm back @topic, i see sombody collapsing out Of frustration.
GEJ till I finish skul and get a job.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by tit(f): 9:05pm On Feb 04, 2015
apc don die pata pata!
kai!
buhari.

1 Like

Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by Horlawoomey(m): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Please terr me this is a yoke, you mean Korean drag Buhari to court ?

PSY must be high on paw paw reave.
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by SeverusSnape(m): 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Sai my foot.

1 Like

Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by BlackTechnology: 9:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
That's how it starts

The next thing will be market square undecided
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by kilokeys(m): 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
i actuarry tot it was somerin selious o..

who sai
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by bakila: 9:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Sirfizz:
These are definitely not the best of times for the All Progressive Congress (APC) and its Presidential Flag bearer, General Muhammadu Buhari

After a tumultuous week – which began with filing a lawsuit against several Local News Outlets for airing a libelous Documentary about his past stint as Head of State, and culminated in nationwide outcry over his refusal to debate on another platform yet again – it seems General Buhari will now have to contend with problems from outside Nigeria’s shores.

This is because, according to information reaching our desk this morning, Korean Megastar Musician, PSY, famous for his hit song GANGNAM STYLE (which was the first song to reach 1 billion views on YouTube), has allegedly dragged the APC Presidential Flag Bearer and his campaign team to the Hague for apparent Copyright infringement.

In the suite filed at the International Court of Justice at about 1330hrs GMT yesterday, Korean Megastar PSY alleged that the APC’s usage of the Campaign Slogan #SaiBuhari was illegal, as he alone owned the copyrights to the word PSY and any homonyms of the word, no matter the spelling, including PSAI, S-HIGH, and most notably, SAI.

We were able to reach the Asian Superstar on the phone for comments, and this is what he had to say

“After Gangnam Style brew up, I tell rawyer, rawyer, this song is so popurar, and my name now so popurar, what we do? Rawyer say, we trademark name, we copyright name and all name that sound like name. So I go Patent Office in Seoul and copyright own name of PSY and also all word that sound like PSY, like PSAI and SAI too. I have pape to prove this. The Patent number is 766K-12. So I so shock when I put on terevision and I see Old man wear toga and cap, carry broom and make crowd shout my name SAI BUHARI! SAI BUHARI! SAI BUHARI! I no believe own ear of Psy”

“I like, who this man? Why he use PSY name no take permission! This disprease Psy! I call rawyer and he say we go to court. I like, which court we go? He say we no go rocal Korea court, we go International Court. Now we court. ICJ say Mr Buhari must come court or erse he go prison for rong rong time. This what PSY do”.

We have tried to reach the APC for comments, but so far ou efforts hasve been fruitless. In the meantime, General Buhari, APC Chairman Chief John Oyegun, and all the APC Big Wigs on twitter have been issued Writ of Summons to appear before the ICJ on or before the 11th of February, or risk Grave sanctions.

This you story resemble 419 mail than satire.
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by clevvermind(m): 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
tit:
apc don die pata pata!
kai!
buhari.
apc dead and buried. grin

1 Like

Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by clevvermind(m): 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
bakila:

This you story resemble 419 mail than satire.
nor worry. E go clear for your eye. grin
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by delishpot: 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
See pure 19 runs aka 419. Ha ha Tell them to go world court. APC will meet meet them there.
I will start suing anyone who uses any word that sounds like my name.
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by bakila: 9:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
clevvermind:
nor worry. E go clear for your eye. grin
Wetin be that. That someone filed a suit against Buhari at The Hague on matters of breach of intellectual right? Japanese copyright, nigerian words, Dutch court. Leave my eyes alone and focus on the satire.
Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by ozoigbondu: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
Sirfizz:
Sirfizz:

1 Like

Re: Apc Sued Over Use Of “sai Buhari” Slogan by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
Some posters above me mumu no be small.

(1) (Reply)

Video:Buhari Speaks Technically About The Economy / Buhari Certificate: The Case Cannot Stand – Justice Amaize / Nigerian Troops Uncover Arms Abandoned By Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists In Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.